Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='BSETI50']nope, i know how good ud be with him. You play with the safety hed be perfect for you, but it aint happnin[/QUOTE]

Finally someone with some sense!

trade pending approval

bengals send
RB Green-Ellis
overall 85 age 27
contract remaining 3 years total contract 3 years
bonus- 3.00 million
2012 2.5 million
2013- 2.95 million
2014- 3.55 million

Dennis Roland
Age 29 overall 81
contract remaining 1 year total contract 1 year
2012- 760k

Falcons send
RB Michael Turner
age 30 overall 97
contract remaining 2 years total contract length 6 years
bonus 12 million
2012- 6.03 million
2013- 7.25 million

Rt mike johnson
age 25 overall 67
remaining contract 2 years total contract 4 years
bonus 600K
2012- 640K
2013- 790K

i know BV another one already i know i know i know lol

Saints beat Packers 28-24

Pack had 2 defensive TDs early in the game on a pick 6 and a fumble return.. Offense did not find the endzone until about 1:20 left when Greg Jennings somehow got past Jabari Greer on a 3rd and long for the pack to take the lead 24-21..

But he gave Brees a little too much time. A 50 yard completiton to Sproles was followed by a Devery Henderson TD catch and run when the Packs Safety got mixed up.

Brees 20/30 374 yds 3td 3int
Rodgers 10/26 193 yds 1td 3int

Sproles 10 att 56 yds 1 td
Benson 8 att 23 yds

Graham 7 rec 145 yds
Colston 4 rec 100 yds 1 td
Henderson 4 rec 64 yds 2 tds

Finley 4 rec 73 yds
Driver 3 rec 41 yds
Jennings 2 rec 73 yds 1 td

Great game MattYoung!!!

I was baffled at how many picks Vilma and Lofton dropped but i guess linebacks cant catch anyways.

All these trades are getting a bit old if you ask me (which nobody did) but we do this FA thing to keep the add/drops down, but what's the point if all these trades that wouldn't happen IRL happen here. At this rate we should've just done a fantasy draft.

-----
Team Name: Bears
Player Added: Phillip Buchanon (CB)
Player Dropped: Armando Allen (RB)

[quote name='Zurezo']All these trades are getting a bit old if you ask me (which nobody did) but we do this FA thing to keep the add/drops down, but what's the point if all these trades that wouldn't happen IRL happen here. At this rate we should've just done a fantasy draft.[/QUOTE]

If you take out all of dvo's trades we've had like 3. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']If you take out all of dvo's trades we've had like 3. ;)[/QUOTE]

I've never been a fan of in season trading, but to each their own.

come on BV i told u i had one last trade and then i would be done
this is only my 3rd lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BSETI50']nope, i know how good ud be with him. You play with the safety hed be perfect for you, but it aint happnin[/QUOTE]

Gotta give you props for this. I refuse to trade a player to someone if I know they'll do serious damage with them. That's why I shipped Earl Thomas to Master Awesome last year - \\:D/

Jets fall to 0-4.

Had a 4 point lead with 30 odd seconds left on the clock going into the half. Of course, the Niners run it all the way back. I should have squibbed but forgot if it was still legal. Had some chances in the 2nd half as well, but a few too many picks. I got about half of them back, but the offense wasn't moving down the field with any sort of consistency. Much more aggressive this game, mostly in a good way. Just need to find that balance so I'm not punting it every possession and I'm not throwing picks.

Next up: Doom! My run D has been the one and only bright spot of my team this year. Let's see how it stacks up against whoever Doom is running out there these days.

Edit: Sorry to disappoint on those predictions, BV! I know starting the season 0-5 won't help my case. I had 3 very winnable games (one vs the CPU, no less) so I'm feeling good about the 2nd half of my season. If I can go on a bit of a winning streak to end the season I could be looking okay.

actually i dont use him i like puttin him in the box i use my cb greenwood at safety but okay :(

[quote name='ubernes']the offense wasn't moving down the field with any sort of consistency. [/QUOTE]

This is my biggest problem. I'm hoping to right the ship with a new QB tonight.

[quote name='ubernes']I should have squibbed but forgot if it was still legal. [/QUOTE]

You sure have a lot of rules questions this season for one of the guys who's in charge of the rules. ;)

Yes, it's legal. You just can't do it with the intent of recovering it like ranked match douches are doing. So just kick it right down the middle and you're fine, and obviously only when the situation warrants it.

[quote name='Doomtime']did lose to bv of all people ;) [/QUOTE]

Harsh but fair.

He won't have to deal with Arian Foster, so if he does beat you I expect some kind of fruit basket. :D

Alright it's time to start wheelin and dealin. I just can't work with this style of offense.

Trading block:

Phillip Rivers (88 overall QB)
Malcolm Floyd (86 overall WR)
Ronnie Brown (80 overall HB)

I'm looking for a decent QB with some speed to move around in the pocket. Also looking for a WR who I don't want to punch in the face. CB's are welcome as well.

Also if the Redskins owner is checking in let me know about the trade proposal I sent you. I hate hanging in limbo.

The Chiefs finally got back to winning football, beating division rivalries handily at home. Several sacks and forced turnovers helped KC to a 31-7 victory over the Chargers.

Having freshly inked a new deal Dwayne Bowe broke 100 yards receiving for the second time this season. Charles struggled again but found the end zone twice and new starting QB Ricky Stanzi made big passwes when it counted, though he overthrew Jon Baldwin on what would have been a guaranteed touchdown.

GG JoelyPoley - I had to win sooner or later! Running the opening kickoff in for a quick 7 was awesome and like I said, my defense was stout. Not sure what clicked but I'm glad it finally did.

[quote name='Doomtime']Heh, don't chalk yourself up at 0-5 yet. I did lose to bv of all people ;) and you do have Tebow...so...[/QUOTE]

I put Tebow in tonight for 2 plays. I believe the result was a negative 2-yard run and an INT. He was quickly taken out. I've sort of given up on developing him at all, but if the game is out of reach you might see him!

[quote name='bvharris']You sure have a lot of rules questions this season for one of the guys who's in charge of the rules. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's why I got you guys. I do keep up with the thread, but I just so happen to skip town in the middle of that conversation so I never saw the end of it.

[quote name='staticz']This is my biggest problem. I'm hoping to right the ship with a new QB tonight.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is not even that bad once I built up some of his medium throw. 86 short, 86 medium. It's the deep ball (73) that hurts him. Not that I should be looking deep with this offense anyway, but that's where I see those 1 on 1s.

Having 0 run game doesn't help either. Hey, this sounds a lot like the real Jets.

Great game between the Giants and Eagles. Vonta Leach and Brandon Jacobs are fitting in nicely.

Pitfall was playing great with Eli but I held onto the ball for 14:11 with 225 rushing yards and 3 rushing td's and Desean Jackson followed up a Punt Return Touchdown with a Kick Return Touchdown.

Eli was throwing some crazy streak route with Nicks that seemed like a glitch just cause Nahmdi and my safety were completely burnt. Not sure how he did that.

Anyways, 38-28 was the final score, good game Pitfall, looking forward to future ones.

Eagles go to 2-2 with the Steelers and Lions coming up next.

Ok here's my official Free Agent post:

Team: Panthers
Player Added: Karl Klug (DT)
Player Dropped: Ron Edwards (DT)

Thanks for wrapping up early guys, congrats on our first early advance of the year! Since the puppy woke me up in the middle of the night (as they do) I'll go ahead and advance us now. Deadline will still be Friday, though of course I wouldn't mind going Thursday if everyone finishes.

Edit: My math sucks in the middle of the night, go figure. Deadline is Thursday, that's 3 full days.

[quote name='sprice8688']god damn bye week.... how do u change a players scheme[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can change a player's scheme, but you can change the scheme your team looks for at each position under the Strategy section in-game. That will help you identify which players will be good for that scheme.

Just sent out some of Tebow's key stats for a potential trade, and he's not too bad. The problem is all his accuracy lines are in the mid/low 70s, but he's got trucking + stiff arm in the 80s. 81 speed, 90 acceleration. I need to work this guy in!

[quote name='ubernes']The problem is all his accuracy lines are in the mid/low 70s[/QUOTE]

That strikes me as a rather significant problem. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']That strikes me as a rather significant problem. ;)[/QUOTE]

But pretty easy to fix through XP! At least to get him to the 80s. I'm really thinking about dedicating myself to working on his accuracy this year, and have a true dual threat for next season. Who knows...

did my practice this morning and sat Gabbert on the bench. He seemed to get the point.

Jags 34 Bears 31
Gabbert gets 211 yards passing 3 tds and a perfect qb rating, that should get the coach off his back for another week

great game Zurezo

[quote name='ubernes']Blockbuster trade brewing in New Jersey...[/QUOTE]

omg wuts with all these trades. ;)

I came across this and thought it was some good knowledge to have. Here is a breakdown of how the clutch trait works:

How does the clutch trait actually work in the game?

• Quarterbacks who are clutch affect themselves and the entire offensive line. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• RB, WR, and TE affect only themselves. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• Kickers have boosted accuracy and power. (Must be losing by 3 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT. Also, must be fourth down unless there are under 10 seconds left in the game)

• For defense, this trait only matters for DBs and LBs. The clutch trait will only affect the given player (not teammates). (Must be within a possession [winning or losing] in last 2 minutes or OT)

More details on the clutch rating:

Ratings that are adjusted include:
" QB: Awareness, Carry, Play Action, Throw Accuracy, Throw On Run
" OL: MAJOR boost to Pass Block
" RB: Carry, Catching, Pass Block, Stamina
" WR: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch, Stamina
" TE: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Pass Block, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch
" K: Kick Accuracy, Kick Power
" S: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" CB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Man Coverage, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" LB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle

add to waiting list
cag and xbl are the same he just joined the site cant post till thursday
xoCHUCKLESox

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I came across this and thought it was some good knowledge to have. Here is a breakdown of how the clutch trait works:

• Quarterbacks who are clutch affect themselves and the entire offensive line. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• RB, WR, and TE affect only themselves. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• Kickers have boosted accuracy and power. (Must be losing by 3 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT. Also, must be fourth down unless there are under 10 seconds left in the game)

• For defense, this trait only matters for DBs and LBs. The clutch trait will only affect the given player (not teammates). (Must be within a possession [winning or losing] in last 2 minutes or OT)

" WR: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch, Stamina
" TE: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Pass Block, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch
" S: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" CB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Man Coverage, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" LB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
[/QUOTE]

Jon Baldwin is obviously missing this trait or I would be 2-2 and tied for first in the AFC West :roll:

[quote name='DVO21']add to waiting list
cag and xbl are the same he just joined the site cant post till thursday
xoCHUCKLESox[/QUOTE]

Alright.

:hot: BREAKING NEWS :hot:

Deal stuck between the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers. The key players in the deal will see Phillip Rivers in green and Antonio Cromartie returning to San Diego. Rumor has it, a AFC East rival was in play for Rivers so this may turn into quite the coup for NY. Details to come for approval...

So I have Whitehurst as a backup QB and I hate him. Obviously nobody wants him or wants him involved in a trade. Is there a way I can swap him out for another backup QB? Or am I forced to wait until the next FA period and waste my pick on a backup QB instead of someone who might actually help my team?

[quote name='ubernes']:hot: BREAKING NEWS :hot:

Deal stuck between the New York Jets and San Diego Chargers. The key players in the deal will see Phillip Rivers in green and Antonio Cromartie returning to San Diego. Rumor has it, a AFC East rival was in play for Rivers so this may turn into quite the coup for NY. Details to come for approval...[/QUOTE]

Contract info and all that junk will be submitted after I get home from work in a few hours.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']So I have Whitehurst as a backup QB and I hate him. Obviously nobody wants him or wants him involved in a trade. Is there a way I can swap him out for another backup QB? Or am I forced to wait until the next FA period and waste my pick on a backup QB instead of someone who might actually help my team?[/QUOTE]

You've got to wait, though you could also wait and sign someone else in the offseason when it's unlimited.

[quote name='bvharris']You've got to wait, though you could also wait and sign someone else in the offseason when it's unlimited.[/QUOTE]

I thought so. I'll probably just hold off until the offseason.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']Contract info and all that junk will be submitted after I get home from work in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. I realize it's not readibly available online, but the deal so everyone knows is...

Jets send:
Tim Tebow, QB (80 OVR)
Antonio Cromartie, CB (88 OVR)

Chargers send:
Phillip Rivers, QB (88 OVR)
Shareece Wright, CB (69 OVR)

Cromartie's rating keeps going up. I thought he was an 86 lol

Edit: also Uber chose Wright over Ghilchrist (72 ovr) because Wright is a better man coverage guy. So dont let that rating throw you off.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I came across this and thought it was some good knowledge to have. Here is a breakdown of how the clutch trait works:

[/QUOTE]

You would think they would include this in their manual instead of sending us on a scavenger hunt.

[quote name='Doomtime']You think this would be something they would include in their manual instead of sending us on a scavenger hunt.[/QUOTE]

You'd think a lot of things... :cry:

CobraAsh/Appleinthetree, when can you play? I'm trying to get NHL league games played this afternoon/evening but I'm waiting to hear back from opponents regarding times. I can play most days after 3:00-3:30 P.M. Pacific/6-6:30 P.M. Eastern. Sending PM now.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']So I have Whitehurst as a backup QB and I hate him. Obviously nobody wants him or wants him involved in a trade. Is there a way I can swap him out for another backup QB? Or am I forced to wait until the next FA period and waste my pick on a backup QB instead of someone who might actually help my team?[/QUOTE]

pm me if u like shawn hill

bread's done
Back