Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I'm not a fan of Shaun Hill. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

lol sounds like ur not a fan of whitehurst either lol just tryin to dump hills contract

[quote name='DVO21']trade pending approval

bengals send
RB Green-Ellis
overall 85 age 27
contract remaining 3 years total contract 3 years
bonus- 3.00 million
2012 2.5 million
2013- 2.95 million
2014- 3.55 million

Dennis Roland
Age 29 overall 81
contract remaining 1 year total contract 1 year
2012- 760k

Falcons send
RB Michael Turner
age 30 overall 97
contract remaining 2 years total contract length 6 years
bonus 12 million
2012- 6.03 million
2013- 7.25 million

Rt mike johnson
age 25 overall 67
remaining contract 2 years total contract 4 years
bonus 600K
2012- 640K
2013- 790K
[/QUOTE]

Trade Not Approved

The consensus was that the upgrade from Johnson to Roland is actually pretty minimal once you look at their blocking stats, and both look to be backups on either team anyay. That didn't justify the significant upgrade from Law Firm to Turner. We did look at the salaries, but once you factor in the bonuses BJGE isn't a huge savings over Turner anyway, nor do the Falcons have particularly pressing cap concerns to take into account.

Feel free to augment and re-submit. It's not light years off.

[quote name='bvharris']Trade Not Approved

The consensus was that the upgrade from Johnson to Roland is actually pretty minimal once you look at their blocking stats, and both look to be backups on either team anyay. That didn't justify the significant upgrade from Law Firm to Turner. We did look at the salaries, but once you factor in the bonuses BJGE isn't a huge savings over Turner anyway, nor do the Falcons have particularly pressing cap concerns to take into account.

Feel free to augment and re-submit.[/QUOTE]

this is what u get for the taylor mays comment u selfish bastard! :)

[quote name='bvharris']Kevin Kolb's mom maybe?[/QUOTE]

If only she was in the league...it'd make my salary cap situation so much easier...

[quote name='Chetty12']If only she was in the league...it'd make my salary cap situation so much easier...[/QUOTE]

Ultimately with these albatross contracts it might end up being worth it to just cut the guy and absorb the cap hit, considering that even if you traded him you'd be on the hook for the bonus anyway.

You've got a lot of cap room though, don't you?

The Arizona Cardinals Official Trade Block:

John Skelton: Qb, 24, 79 ovr, 2 years remaining, 520K in 2012
Kevin Kolb: Qb, 28, 73 ovr, 4 years remaining, 8.36M in 2012
Larry Fitzgerald: Wr, 29, 95 ovr, 7 years remaining, 8.22M in 2012
Darnel Dockett: De, 31, 89 ovr, 4 years remaining, 9M in 2012
Beanie Wells: Hb, 24, 84 ovr, 2 years remaining, 2.5M in 2012
William Gay: Cb, 27, 77 ovr, 2 years remaining, 1.6M in 2012
Kerry Rhodes: Fs, 30, 85 ovr, 5 years remaining, 5.11M in 2012
Adrian Wilson: Ss, 32, 91 ovr, 6 years remaining, 2.41M in 2012

I'm looking for a coverage Mlb, a rush Olb, and Ol help. All my draft picks are available in the trade.

[quote name='Chetty12']
Larry Fitzgerald: Wr, 29, 95 ovr, 7 years remaining, 8.22M in 2012
[/QUOTE]

I assume that's the cheapest year of the 7?

[quote name='bvharris']Ultimately with these albatross contracts it might end up being worth it to just cut the guy and absorb the cap hit, considering that even if you traded him you'd be on the hook for the bonus anyway.

You've got a lot of cap room though, don't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was actually thinking about it earlier. For now i'll keep him, just because he's the best backup i have. The thing that ultimately will make my decision, is if the Bonus money i'm stuck on the hook for is spread out over multiple years or if i absorb the hit the year i cut him. I have plenty of cap, that i could absorb the penalty and not worry about it this year, but i also don't want to just carry dead cap weight into the second, third or fourth seasons.

[quote name='bvharris']I assume that's the cheapest year of the 7?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it ends up around 15 during his last year. If you want i could post their total cap space or the amount of every year of their contract.

[quote name='Chetty12']Yeah, it ends up around 15 during his last year. If you want i could post their total cap space or the amount of every year of their contract.[/QUOTE]

Nah, you don't have to do that. People who are interested can check the contact details themselves (or ask you). I think it's common knowledge that many of these big contracts are back-loaded.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Eli was throwing some crazy streak route with Nicks that seemed like a glitch just cause Nahmdi and my safety were completely burnt. Not sure how he did that.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you it was no glitch. It's just learning how to perfectly time a window.

[quote name='theredworm']Hurry Dvo trade for fitz you need more receivers.[/QUOTE]

naw he cost to much lol i filled on WR but i do like adrian wilson

[quote name='theredworm']Until tomorrow ooh shiney![/QUOTE]

justin blackmons another story he would prolly be the only WR im interested in getting now or maybe michael floyd but i would have to move roddy white but i dont really see the point in it since i have 2 young WRs now with mike wallace and julio jones.
other than possibly cap space but i think i might be ok on that now im not sure how to check cap space for 2014 only how to check for 2013 but matt ryan is the next big time player i have to sign after mike wallace

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I can assure you it was no glitch. It's just learning how to perfectly time a window.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha

I didn't mean Glitch in a negative way, more in a "What the fuck just happened?" kind of way.

Trade up for review!

Chargers send:
Phillip Rivers (age 30) (88 overall) 4yrs remaining, 12.62 mill in 2012, 98 mil total
S. Wright (age 25) (69 overall CB) 4yrs remaining, 600k in 2012, 2.8 mil total

Jets send:
Cromartie (age 28) (88 overall CB) 4 years remaining, 8 mil in 2012, 32 mil total
Tim Tebow (Age 25) (78 overall) 5 years remaining, 2.87 mil in 2012, 15 mil total

I wrote this on a tablet so I kept it as short as I thought was sufficient. Let me know if more info is a must.

[quote name='bvharris']Nah, you don't have to do that. People who are interested can check the contact details themselves (or ask you). I think it's common knowledge that many of these big contracts are back-loaded.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to adjust the per year amount when negotiating with Free Agents?

[quote name='staticz']Is there a way to adjust the per year amount when negotiating with Free Agents?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've seen. I believe it will structure them that way automatically. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Could a trade be brewin in Steeltown?[/QUOTE]

any chance u can hop online and finish our trade?

[quote name='bvharris']How would we know? You tell us. ;)[/QUOTE]

Waiting on a response but I put a few nice fish out for Chetty12's bait...

[quote name='WV Matsui']BV

My trade with DVO will not go through because of his roster size... Can he cut or do we need to renegotiate?[/QUOTE]

He can cut a player. If you're at 52 after the deal, you can add back the guy you dropped for FA.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']Trade up for review!

Chargers send:
Phillip Rivers (age 30) (88 overall) 4yrs remaining, 12.62 mill in 2012, 98 mil total
S. Wright (age 25) (69 overall CB) 4yrs remaining, 600k in 2012, 2.8 mil total

Jets send:
Cromartie (age 28) (88 overall CB) 4 years remaining, 8 mil in 2012, 32 mil total
Tim Tebow (Age 25) (78 overall) 5 years remaining, 2.87 mil in 2012, 15 mil total

I wrote this on a tablet so I kept it as short as I thought was sufficient. Let me know if more info is a must.[/QUOTE]

I am fairly certain this will put the Jets over the salary cap for this season (feel free to check my math, I have it at about $750K over). That doesn't mean we won't allow it, just that he'll need to make another roster move (either another trade or a cut) before it could be approved. So it might take a bit longer than normal to review, we're on it though.

I don't want to slander anyone being the new guy... but really going for it on fourth and 5 from the 43 in the third quarter? and then i guess it is pretty easy getting squib kicks. I had two kicked toward the sideline on me and one was recovered.

[quote name='Chetty12']I don't want to slander anyone being the new guy... but really going for it on fourth and 5 from the 43 in the third quarter? and then i guess it is pretty easy getting squib kicks. I had two kicked toward the sideline on me and one was recovered.[/QUOTE]

You're not slandering anyone, these are both legitimate issues.

1) Was it his 43 or yours?
2) When did these squib kicks occur in the game?

[quote name='bvharris']You're not slandering anyone, these are both legitimate issues.

1) Was it his 43 or yours?
2) When did these squib kicks occur in the game?[/QUOTE]

The squib kicks i wasn't trying to say he did it on purpose, they were both late in the game and the one he recovered didn't affect the outcome. That doesn't really bother me, i was just pointing out i see now how people could take advantage of it.

And it was my 43, and i understand that's a situation most people might go for it on fourth and short. But fourth and 5 seems a bit ridiculous to me and to wait until the clock had run down, it just caught me off guard and then to do a play action pass for 30 plus yards just was very frustrating.

Edit: It also would have been one thing if it was an offensive battle and we were both driving up and down the field and needed each possession but i had scored on the first drive and a punt return.

[quote name='Chetty12']The squib kicks i wasn't trying to say he did it on purpose, they were both late in the game and the one he recovered didn't affect the outcome. That doesn't really bother me, i was just pointing out i see now how people could take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, well it's possible that we weren't completely clear on this and we haven't officially added it to the rules yet, but we will.

For everyone's information: Squib kicks with any intent to recover are banned. Because of the poor AI on these, this includes any squib kick which is angled even a millimeter off of center. The point of a squib kick is to prevent a return, not to have a chance to recover it. Squib kicks should only be done when logical for the game situation, and must be kicked straight down the middle every time.

I will add this to the rules tonight.

[quote name='Chetty12']
And it was my 43, and i understand that's a situation most people might go for it on fourth and short. But fourth and 5 seems a bit ridiculous to me and to wait until the clock had run down, it just caught me off guard and then to do a play action pass for 30 plus yards just was very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Based on the box score, I assume he was down 14-7 at the time? I think this should be a punt or a field goal, but I don't think it's the most egregious example I've seen. I'm curious what others opinions are though.

I went for it on fourth cause I needed to get some momentum. I knew if I gave you the ball back you would have scored. Then it would have been 21-7.Field goal was 60 yards and you had already returned one punt back for a td. Madden even said to go for it.

[quote name='GpNinja']I went for it on fourth cause I needed to get some momentum. I knew if I gave you the ball back you would have scored. Then it would have been 21-7.Field goal was 60 yards and you had already returned one punt back for a td. Madden even said to go for it.[/QUOTE]

You know that thing that doesn't exist in madden...And that punt i returned was from around midfield, not my own 10 yard line. If you honestly were afraid i would return a punt from that range, then i just dont know.

[quote name='GpNinja']I knew if I gave you the ball back you would have scored. Then it would have been 21-7.[/QUOTE]

I'm not judging the decision one way or the other, but this is not sound logic. How did you know he would have scored? Seems like he'd scored exactly one offensive touchdown the entire game. Basing the decision to go for it on the assumption that he would have scored doesn't really gel.

And returning a punt which is kicked from the 43 is extremely unlikely.

[quote name='Chetty12']You know that thing that doesn't exist in madden...And that punt i returned was from around midfield, not my own 10 yard line. If you honestly were afraid i would return a punt from that range, then i just dont know.[/QUOTE]
I was orginally going to go to the line of scrimmage. Then see if I could get a penality called. I knew that you also move your safety to plug up the hole that's why I did the play action pass.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The third quarter is a little early to go for it on 4th and 5 down by only one score, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
When I played the bears he went for it on 4 and 2 he was on his 38 with the first drive in the game. Lol

bread's done
Back