Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='WV Matsui']What do you think the possibility is of getting this done before we play our games in Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I know it's natural to want to ask this, but my answer is going to be the same every time: I don't know. I can't make the committee drop everything to instantly discuss a trade, as much as I wish I had that power. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']I know it's natural to want to ask this, but my answer is going to be the same every time: I don't know. I can't make the committee drop everything to instantly discuss a trade, as much as I wish I had that power. ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe we need faster responding committee members :lol: kidding

Tebow vs denver i smell the bad blood already. and hes back in the AFC west. Tebow is praying for denver that god takes mercy on them for what john elway did to him but not to much mercy

[quote name='DVO21']Tebow vs denver i smell the bad blood already. and hes back in the AFC west. Tebow is praying for denver that god takes mercy on them for what john elway did to him but not to much mercy[/QUOTE]

Writing it up now. Spoiler: No mercy for Timmy. ;)

Just an FYI going forward with Tebow; if you bring more than 4 on a rush and I don't find someone open within 4 seconds I will be taking off with him. Just a fore warning because I ran around way to much in the backfield waiting for a receiver to get open against BV.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']Just an FYI going forward with Tebow; if you bring more than 4 on a rush and I don't find someone open within 4 seconds I will be taking off with him. Just a fore warning because I ran around way to much in the backfield waiting for a receiver to get open against BV.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me. I didn't have any objections to the way you used Tebow, it was just about as I expected. Anyone not putting a spy on him deserves what they get. He showed some nice escapability, though eventually my guys started getting to him. I never rush more than 4 guys though. ;)

You kept bringing Von Miller on the outside and as soon as you did that I wanted to take off running. I stopped myself as much as I could, but going forward I plan on taking off whenever I feel threatened in the pocket. I just don't have receivers that can get much separation or a line that can block all that well. No standouts on my line.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']You kept bringing Von Miller on the outside and as soon as you did that I wanted to take off running. I stopped myself as much as I could, but going forward I plan on taking off whenever I feel threatened in the pocket. [/QUOTE]

That's what Von Miller is there for. :D

Even with that, it was only ever a 4-man rush, I never big blitz.

Feel free to take off more though, like I said anyone worth their salt should have a spy on Tebow every play (which I mostly did) so if you burn them it's their own fault.

Denver Broncos 38 - San Diego Chargers 7

The Broncos and Chargers met in San Diego to battle for the early division lead, in a matchup of Tim Tebow against the team that drafted (and gave up on) him. Things were looking all Tebow early, as the Chargers forced a punt and then Tebow marched down the field for the first TD. But after that, the wheels came off and the Broncos got to laying the wood on poor Mr. Tebow, scoring the game's next 38 points unanswered.

Peyton Manning was 15-19 for 228 yards, 4 TDs and 1 INT (on a bobbled ball after a busted screen, reminding me why I don't run those).

Tebow was 10-22 for 149 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. He also had a fumble.

The Broncos rushing attack was a bit quieter in this one, with DMC carrying 15 times for 64 yards and a TD, with McGahee adding 10 for 35.

Tebow was obviously the main rushing threat for the Broncos, carrying 10 times for 101 yards. Mathews had only 1 carry.

Demaryius Thomas continued his excellent season, catching 5 balls for 102 yards and 2 TDs. Peyton also looked for his TEs more, with Tamme racking up 59 yards and Dreessen getting 34 and a TD.

Richard Goodman was the leading receiver for the Chargers with 4 catches for 59 yards and a TD.

Pretty much everyone on the Broncos D got involved in this one. Von Miller was responsible for Tebow most of the day, and tallied 6 tackles and 3 sacks for his best game of the year. Tracy Porter had 2 more picks, and Champ added one of his own along with a sack. Rookie Derek Wolfe had a sack as well, while DJ Williams forced a fumble that Dumervil recovered.

The Chargers got a pick from Donald Butler and a sack from Cason.

---
The Broncos move to 4-2, finally managing to win consecutive games as they look to establish a bit more consistency.

gg Joely! Looking forward to many more division matchups to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gg man. The first 2 drives were great but after that it all went downhill. I was getting really frustrated at the end.

[quote name='bvharris']That's what Von Miller is there for. :D

Even with that, it was only ever a 4-man rush, I never big blitz.

Feel free to take off more though, like I said anyone worth their salt should have a spy on Tebow every play (which I mostly did) so if you burn them it's their own fault.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']Gg man. The first 2 drives were great but after that it all went downhill. I was getting really frustrated at the end.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind a bit of feedback, I think you abandoned the run too early (one carry for Matthews kind of speaks for itself). Running with Tebow is one thing, but once I realized that I didn't have to worry about defending the traditional run, it completely changed the way I was able to run my defense. Obviously playing from behind factors in to the playcalling, but I think you'd have been well served to stick with it a bit more.

The better defensive owners in the league (and I think most people would count me in that group) aren't going to have too much trouble defending a mostly one-dimensional attack. A scrambling QB adds another element for sure, but can still mostly be defended by pass coverage formations.

Titans=Freaky 2cool187 Cool_iam

mon-tues 12pm-until wed-thurs after 9pm fridays depends on work sat-sun 5pm until

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Titans=Freaky 2cool187 Cool_iam

mon-tues 12pm-until wed-thurs after 9pm fridays depends on work sat-sun 5pm until[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard!

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Titans=Freaky 2cool187 Cool_iam

mon-tues 12pm-until wed-thurs after 9pm fridays depends on work sat-sun 5pm until[/QUOTE]

12- what?
What time zone
Welcome!

Welp, the Jets have fallen to 0-6.

Rivers picked apart the D for the better part of the game, but when he got the red zone he threw a couple costly picks. He completed around 70% of his passes and still only found the endzone once (edit: actually the lonely TD was a run). He was also strip sacked for a TD in the 2nd half, which proved to be the difference in a close and despite the ball movement, uneventful game. GG again Apple/Cobra. It was fun trying out Rivers for the first time. I might even change my playbook/style (if that is possible without a coach change), with hopes in getting in the endzone more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you can't change your coaching schemes (running heavy, etc) unless you change coaches? Or is that just coaching style (motivator, etc) that you can't change? Playbook I'm fine with keeping as is. Though when I saw Sanchez come out in shotgun-wildcat on accident one play and then proceed to throw an INT, I may change my mind on that one.

[quote name='ubernes']
Correct me if I'm wrong, you can't change your coaching schemes (running heavy, etc) unless you change coaches? Or is that just coaching style (motivator, etc) that you can't change? Playbook I'm fine with keeping as is. Though when I saw Sanchez come out in shotgun-wildcat on accident one play and then proceed to throw an INT, I may change my mind on that one.[/QUOTE]

You're correct, though they've said that will be fixed in the October patch.

Dolphins lose a Heart-breaker to the rams 34-27. Back and Forth all Game. Interception at the Rams 12 Yard line ended all hopes the dolphins had.

[quote name='bvharris']You're correct, though they've said that will be fixed in the October patch.[/QUOTE]

I'll wait it out then. Though by Season 2, Eric Taylor may be back to coaching high school football in Philadelphia.

[quote name='staticz']Was really hoping to play tonight...c'mon cappa you know you don't want to watch Rams vs Cardinals ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought this guy was promising to wreak havoc in this league. :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']I thought this guy was promising to wreak havoc in this league. :lol:[/QUOTE]

A lot of the new guys said that... I think they know by now that we know what we're doing. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']I thought this guy was promising to wreak havoc in this league. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ricky Stanzi is about to wreak havoc on the AFC West!

[quote name='staticz']Ricky Stanzi is about to wreak havoc on the AFC West![/QUOTE]

Terrelle Pryor
Ricky Stanzi
Peyton Manning
Tim Tebow

One of these things is not like the others...

I almost feel like I should trade Manning just to make this the worst quarterbacked division of all time. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Terrelle Pryor
Ricky Stanzi
Peyton Manning
Tim Tebow

I almost feel like I should trade Manning just to make this the worst quarterbacked division of all time. :D[/QUOTE]

You want to know what is sad...In one week I've gotten Ricky Stanzi better than Cassel in all pertinent categories other than DAC, in which he is only 3 points behind.

How about sending Osweiler my way?

[quote name='staticz']
How about sending Osweiler my way?[/QUOTE]

Can't see the percentage in doing that. I doubt the return would justify giving up a competent backup. Definitely need to have someone I'm comfortable running out there if Manning gets hurt (I use Osweiler in every single practice so I know I'm ready to use him if need be).

[quote name='bvharris']Can't see the percentage in doing that. I doubt the return would justify giving up a competent backup. Definitely need to have someone I'm comfortable running out there if Manning gets hurt (I use Osweiler in every single practice so I know I'm ready to use him if need be).[/QUOTE]

Brady Quinn = Peyton Manning

Really not much on the QB front, amazing how rare a decent QB is. Besides Mallet and Osweiler, I'm not sure there is much out there unless you want to trade a lot for a starter. Ah well, I knew QB would be my problem spot.

[quote name='staticz']
Really not much on the QB front, amazing how rare a decent QB is. Besides Mallet and Osweiler, I'm not sure there is much out there unless you want to trade a lot for a starter. Ah well, I knew QB would be my problem spot.[/QUOTE]

Manning himself is available if someone wants to take on $17M/year. I'm perfectly comfortable using Osweiler.

[quote name='WV Matsui']BREAKING NEWS: Cardinals and Steelers proposing trade.......

Pittsburgh
MLB Lawrence Timmons (88 OVR)
WR Emmanuel Sanders (80 OVR)

To

Cardinals:
WR Larry Fitzgerald (96 OVR)
2013 4th Round Pick

Additional details to follow![/QUOTE]

Reminder to please post the contract details for these players when you have a chance.

[quote name='bvharris']Manning himself is available if someone wants to take on $17M/year. I'm perfectly comfortable using Osweiler.[/QUOTE]

the other problem with trading for a starter...their contracts!

[quote name='theredworm']I got chad henne collecting dust if someone wants a qb[/QUOTE]

Leave Chad Henne where he belongs:

indiana-jones-raiders-warehouse.jpg

Pittsburgh
MLB Lawrence Timmons (88 OVR) 26 years old, 5 years remaining, 30M total, 5.35M in 2012
WR Emmanuel Sanders (80 OVR)- 24 years old, 5 years remaining, 9.07M total, 1.27M in 2012

To

Cardinals:
WR Larry Fitzgerald (96 OVR)-29 years old, 7 years remaining, 84M total, 2012-8.22M
2013 4th Round Pick

[quote name='bvharris']Terrelle Pryor
Ricky Stanzi
Peyton Manning
Tim Tebow

I almost feel like I should trade Manning just to make this the worst quarterbacked division of all time. :D[/QUOTE]

Pryor is 2-0 as a starter ;)

[quote name='Chetty12']Pittsburgh
MLB Lawrence Timmons (88 OVR) 26 years old, 5 years remaining, 30M total, 5.35M in 2012
WR Emmanuel Sanders (80 OVR)- 24 years old, 5 years remaining, 9.07M total, 1.27M in 2012

To

Cardinals:
WR Larry Fitzgerald (96 OVR)-29 years old, 7 years remaining, 84M total, 2012-8.22M
2013 4th Round Pick[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chetty!

Alright committee get to voting!!!! :)

Edit: We checked and both teams have enough cap space. Just an FYI

so have there been any revelations with the browns owner? i know people were having some trouble communicating with him. did he play his game last week? does ne1 know him that could reach him for me? help me out holmes

[quote name='BSETI50']so have there been any revelations with the browns owner? i know people were having some trouble communicating with him. did he play his game last week? does ne1 know him that could reach him for me? help me out holmes[/QUOTE]

i reached him thru pm in the preseason.... nemore he seems like a lost cause....dont check the thrrad hard to contact

[quote name='BSETI50']so have there been any revelations with the browns owner? i know people were having some trouble communicating with him. did he play his game last week? does ne1 know him that could reach him for me? help me out holmes[/QUOTE]

Yes, he played his game. Have you PMed him? I've found he'll generally respond within a day or so.

[quote name='bvharris']Yes, he played his game. Have you PMed him? I've found he'll generally respond within a day or so.[/QUOTE]

yea i pmed him, im just makin sure hes still committed, im sure he will get back to me i just heard from ur bro and seen a few posts on the thread that he was difficult to get intouch with.

hopefully he'll be around tonight so i can kick off the michael turner era in cincy...

hey bv are we still allowed to do 3 way trades...and if so how would we put the trade thru since we have to do them in game now?

bread's done
Back