Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts win 24-7 over Jags.  Got 5 sacks but their QB toughed it out.  The funny thing is that he is a scrambling QB so he takes a lot of hits running too.

Gotta love the EA brilliance, Skip Bayless says "The Colts can spend every day walking their QB's through film sessions.  The fact is they simply aren't all that talented."  Yeah, I am so unlucky to have Luck rather than Geno Smith or Chad Henne.

It was a turnover kind of day today as it is raining in Seattle. Gave up two INTs and Lynch fumbled in the 4th quarter to allow the Cards to gain possession under 2 mins in the 4th. It was a close game as Hawks won by 4 points as the Defense step it up with 3 sacks in-a-row to close out the game.

Next week is against the Santa Clara 49ers. Looks like this will be Game of the Week as we're fighting for NFC West standings.

Colts win 24-7 over Jags. Got 5 sacks but their QB toughed it out. The funny thing is that he is a scrambling QB so he takes a lot of hits running too.

Gotta love the EA brilliance, Skip Bayless says "The Colts can spend every day walking their QB's through film sessions. The fact is they simply aren't all that talented." Yeah, I am so unlucky to have Luck rather than Geno Smith or Chad Henne.
You know, I almost wouldn't be surprised if it's like the NHL 3 fight limit thing. The game knows they have 2 QBs hurt already and just won't allow the 3rd one to get injured. That seems much more like EA than making the punter play QB or anything.

Jesus Christ. Screwed again by Madden. I won my game against CPU Philadelphia by a score of 24-14. Somehow, that turned into a 36-3 loss. What the fuck is wrong with this game?

Jesus Christ. Screwed again by Madden. I won my game against CPU Philadelphia by a score of 24-14. Somehow, that turned into a 36-3 loss. What the fuck is wrong with this game?
I think I know what happened. When I went to advance the league yesterday (since I had to do it in game since the EA site was broken...and was still broken as late as last night), I noticed that the game was showing up as not having been played. I figured you just didn't have time for it.

So, it seems what happened with LV/Dark Rider also happened in your game. I wonder if it was something server side with games getting reset or something. Seems too coincidental for the website to be down for that long (it was at least 48 hours) and for results to disappear like that. Not that commissioners have ever had the power to reset game results, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that was possible.

Is it just me or are people not into the game as much anymore? I mean, I don't feel like I'm doing an exponentially worse job running the league...but it feels like we're kind of just drifting along...and it's still October. The game has been out 2 months. I feel like this never happens.

I mean, my team is horrible in real life, so that's kind of zapped my excitement for football (in addition to the desync issues). But some of you guys are actually fans of good teams, haha. Just wondering why it feels so different this year.

I played Saturday night. A while back, after advancing, the score and stats were totally different for my first game with Chicago from what actually happened.

Regarding interest in Madden, I haven't been playing aside from league games. Most of that can be attributed to Destiny, but Madden has been pissing me off, too. For a game where QB accuracy is supposed to make a huge difference, it feels harder to pass even with Aaron Rodgers. It seems that, after a couple bad games, the confidence stat gets extremely low and basically neuters any affected players. Might as well start Matt Flynn for the rest of the season.

Im still enjoying our league and enjoying madden but with that said I only turn madden on for our league games. I started off playing a ton of ranked games. Now I never play madden other then this league.

Too many games to play & with holiday games coming out. It's going to be tough to play Madden. I only play Madden now due to this league which I'm enjoying. Otherwise, XB1, 360, PS4, Vita, WiiU, 3DS, iPad, iPhone, & Steam have kept me busy. Also don't forget about people have to work for a living too to afford to buy all the games.  

I'm looking forward to getting back into this. Between my bye week, then not matching up timewise in my other games it's a slump for me.

Not gonna lie. Volunteering to let the vikings play the cpu only for him to quit the next day left a sour taste in my mouth as well......

I think this league will die real soon unless we can get more players. There are just too many CPU games.
Well, I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. There are members in this league who have played for 4-5 years and football is just part of their fall/winter routine. We used to easily have enough to keep one league full until after the real Super Bowl though. Maybe it's a side effect of Xbox One being dominated in sales (though the CAG PS4 forum isn't exactly bustling anyway).

In general though, the league will keep moving. The people who want to play will play. I'm just perplexed by people spending $60 on a game to be "done" with it 2 months later. You'd think they would be better off with a Gamefly account.

Not gonna lie. Volunteering to let the vikings play the cpu only for him to quit the next day left a sour taste in my mouth as well......
Yeah, I didn't exactly like that either. Definitely, in the future though...unless something is clearly your fault, don't just offer to take a loss. I had half a mind ot sim that game anyway, but since you offered to let him play your CPU and he was outright asking me to put you on autopilot, I felt like I would have been overstepping.

Trust me when I say it's all being noted for the future though. People have to recognize that their actions affect others. The only reason this league/group of people is even here is because we all have a love for football. The people who stay and contribute are the ones who keep this league going. That's both noticed and appreciated.

I know I'm not going to win (def not this season) so I'm lax with giving up losses, but this is noted.

I'm not going anywhere. And would do other leagues as well.

I'm still lovng the league as always. (Although I probably have a sub 50% field goal percentage).

I wouldn't mind going to 6 or 7 quarters game since all of my user matches have been really close and fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still lovng the league as always. (Although I probably have a sub 50% field goal percentage).

I wouldn't mind going to 6 or 7 quarters game since all of my user matches have been really close and fun.
The biggest thing I'd have against longer quarters is people already put up some pretty crazy numbers. Longer quarters would open the door for some really crazy scores. In addition, games take 45+ minutes now. Not sure I'd want to go much longer than that.

I'm glad you're enjoying the league though. That at least makes me feel better. Like I said, I'm less worried about our veterans than I am about the newer members. Every year, one of my biggest hopes is seeing new members become veterans. But if people keep flaming out half way through one season, they're never going to get there.

Don't worry even tho I only play madden for this league I'm not going anywhere. Even tho we've had our desync problems it's sti been fun.

Plus I have no online NHL leagues so this is my only sports option lol

i quite tihs league because as a man i know starting today i was not going to have time to take out of my life and playing games like sunset overdrive/call of duty/ unity/ wwe 2k15/ halo and gta v next gen and my crazy work sch NO WAY i could find time to play a game at a set time. unlike past years where my work sch was normal it's not the case anymore.

i quite tihs league because as a man i know starting today i was not going to have time to take out of my life and playing games like sunset overdrive/call of duty/ unity/ wwe 2k15/ halo and gta v next gen and my crazy work sch NO WAY i could find time to play a game at a set time. unlike past years where my work sch was normal it's not the case anymore.
Yeah, but "other games are coming out". That's almost always the case. Just seems silly to spend $60 on a football game that you don't even play through football season. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, but "other games are coming out". That's almost always the case. Just seems silly to spend $60 on a football game that you don't even play through football season. Just my opinion though.
I'm still playing madden in my offline franchise and u.t. Will be honest I'm having more fun with ut these days then playing nfl teams on the game I play madden all year until next one is out. I just felt bored of the league and did not want to upset anyone if I could not find time to play.

More than anything CAG activity in general has dwindled. The isn't much in the form of 'shop talk' or whatever you want to call it anymore. Mainly flame wars in the X1 thread and threads about games just end up not going anywhere.

Since all the other conversations have died off, I just don't visit much anymore.

More than anything CAG activity in general has dwindled. The isn't much in the form of 'shop talk' or whatever you want to call it anymore. Mainly flame wars in the X1 thread and threads about games just end up not going anywhere.

Since all the other conversations have died off, I just don't visit much anymore.
Yeah, I could definitely see that. Personally, I think the switch to CAG 3.0 really hurt the site. It's slower and less reliable now. It also somehow has less features than it did before. They really misjudged that transition.

But for me, I still like the set up better than a lot of other gaming forums around the internet. I really hate Reddit's design in general, and only use that when I need specific info on something.

Interestingly enough, here's a list of the top 15 gaming sites in terms of traffic, and really, not many of them have great forums either (and some don't have them at all). I'd still take CAG over basically all of these when it comes to a basic gaming community.

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/video-game-websites

it's kind of nice that there's less drama...though....get on..play my games... report the results..everyone's happy:D
Less drama is a plus, got pretty heated in the past

Yeah, I could definitely see that. Personally, I think the switch to CAG 3.0 really hurt the site. It's slower and less reliable now. It also somehow has less features than it did before. They really misjudged that transition.

But for me, I still like the set up better than a lot of other gaming forums around the internet. I really hate Reddit's design in general, and only use that when I need specific info on something.

Interestingly enough, here's a list of the top 15 gaming sites in terms of traffic, and really, not many of them have great forums either (and some don't have them at all). I'd still take CAG over basically all of these when it comes to a basic gaming community.

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/video-game-websites
I think at one point on the CAGcast Cheapy essentially said it was a mistake and he wished they would've went a different direction. Site is definitely slower and mobile is...ugh. You're right, a lot of features are missing as well. It is too bad, but maybe it is a just a shift in the gaming world as a whole (blogs and streams being more popular). With that said, in my opinion, CAG needs to add a bit more than what they have now. Sites like MacRumors.com and xboxachievements.com do a great job of weaving in a blog with a forum community. OperationSports is another decent example.

Hopefully with Cheapy moving back to the States we'll see some new additions to the site that bring the community back.

How about we boost that community feeling with a little live stream! Tonight at 10PM EST I'll be live streaming Lions vs Pats. I'll edit with the link later tonight.

I think we all just got old. Reality and life experience slowly killed all my hopes and dreams throughout my 20's, so internet debating doesn't exactly stoke the ever-dwindling fire inside me anymore. And I'm one of the younger ones in this league.

Aside from me blowing up the thread (thanks for fixing that htz) we were unable to connect. So now I'm going to watch Madison Bumgarner ruin the next 27 years of my life.

Aside from me blowing up the thread (thanks for fixing that htz) we were unable to connect. So now I'm going to watch Madison Bumgarner ruin the next 27 years of my life.
Go Royals!

Edit: No man named Madison should be that manly.

GG Skins. 21-7 was the final. Redskins couldn't get any offense going in the first half. Down 14-0 they got a turnover and finally got the offense to click making it 14-7. However that joy was short lived as the rookie Bruce Ellington had a 94 yard kickoff return to make it 21-7.

lmao...annnnd I just lost my second straight game to the CPU. I don't know what happened with my team, man. I mean, I definitely don't play this game as much as I did before. But things out of my control just seem to be going against me.

My oline is getting blown up, my guys are fumbling, and my DBs are dropping INTs (Jason McCourty dropped an easy game winning pick 6 that was thrown right at him in this one). I feel like the fucking Bad News Bears right now. I only wish I was as sexy as Walter Matthau. fuck MEEEEEEE.

On that note, we have advanced to Week 13. The deadline for this week will be 11/3. Happy Halloween, fuckers, lol j/k. ;)

Saints pull of an OT nail biter against the CPU steelers after losing Jimmy Graham and Brandon Cooks to Broken Collarbones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back