Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to get this rolling! Started to hit the grindy stages of MUT and that is where I always lose interest. I just can't get behind having to play 15-30 games to buy one player in the AH and I'll be damned if I'm spending any money on the shit packs they are giving out this year!

The badge thing...was that in MUT25? 10 bronze bages -> 1 silver...10 silver -> 1 gold 

10 bronzes costs close to 15k in coins, silvers are going for 3k apiece and the golds are around 10lk for one. How in the hell are people building these monster teams!

TL;DR thank you baby jesus, WEEK ONE IS HERE!

Glad to get this rolling! Started to hit the grindy stages of MUT and that is where I always lose interest. I just can't get behind having to play 15-30 games to buy one player in the AH and I'll be damned if I'm spending any money on the shit packs they are giving out this year!

The badge thing...was that in MUT25? 10 bronze bages -> 1 silver...10 silver -> 1 gold

10 bronzes costs close to 15k in coins, silvers are going for 3k apiece and the golds are around 10lk for one. How in the hell are people building these monster teams!

TL;DR thank you baby jesus, WEEK ONE IS HERE!
lol...yup, same here. I've been trying to do the signature challenges and the coin-ups...but it's starting to become too much already. They really just want you to attend the church of brainwashed MUTology where it becomes an obsession and that's all you play, and you just continuously feed them money.

The collections are still pretty convoluted too. I don't even understand what half of the cards are for. "Wait, I need a badge and a signature and I get what now?" And I'm not sure how nobody noticed (at least I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere), but for most of the basic team player collections, you don't even get a coin reward...you just get a "collectible". Well duh...they don't want to give you coins because that would make it easier to not have to buy anything.

Ultimate Team is pretty much the worst thing to happen to these sports games at this point. Sure, it's addictive...but so are crack and gambling.

i spent maybe 5 bucks on ut and still love it. with only 3 min qt's team rates really mean nothing my team is 77 last night beat a guy with players in main spots rated high 80's. i agree that at this point the collections are just dumb.

lol...yup, same here. I've been trying to do the signature challenges and the coin-ups...but it's starting to become too much already. They really just want you to attend the church of brainwashed MUTology where it becomes an obsession and that's all you play, and you just continuously feed them money.

The collections are still pretty convoluted too. I don't even understand what half of the cards are for. "Wait, I need a badge and a signature and I get what now?" And I'm not sure how nobody noticed (at least I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere), but for most of the basic team player collections, you don't even get a coin reward...you just get a "collectible". Well duh...they don't want to give you coins because that would make it easier to not have to buy anything.

Ultimate Team is pretty much the worst thing to happen to these sports games at this point. Sure, it's addictive...but so are crack and gambling.
And those collectibles can be flipped into another set to get another collectible. So dumb. The signature series is crazy, same with rising stars. How the hell do you even get those players? Either spend 15k in the auction house (assuming you don't need to buy badges too) or spend real money on a bunch of packs.

All of that makes me think the mode really isn't even addicting anymore, it is just a grind. I use to collect sports cards when I was younger. I spent a ton of money on them because there was a chance that you would get something great...and the odds were printed right there. The problem with MUT is the Pro Packs are so fucking terrible that there is no incentive to buy them. Saying one gold player per pack is nice, until you get a 72 OVR guard for the 'gold player' fuck that. I'm not going to spend 3 hours on one 7k pack for a piece of shit lineman.

If they would say 1:10 gets a gold player 80+ or higher, 1:100 gets an elite player or anything else to make the packs tempting, it would add so much more to the mode.

As of right now the game is - grind out 5k, buy one or two players, rinse repeat. Good luck getting a 90+ style point team without spending 80 or 90 hours in the mode. And if you do, and beat the elite matchup for your style what do you get? Well that would be one elite coach - WHO GIVES A fuck!!!!

Yeah...so who is my week 1 opponent? :D

I got lucky in MUT I sent 10 bucks on pro packs and pulled 3 Elites and sold them and got plays off the AH that was an 85 ovr and and two ratings above 40

The game gave me a nice reminder that I was playing with the Browns within the first minute. Returning the kickoff, got flagged for clipping that sent from the 35 to the 14. Third and 1, running up the middle with Tate, and he of course fumbles. Steelers recover and first play from scrimmage, Roethlisberger hits a wide open Antonio Brown for a TD. On the same play, trying to sack Roethlisberger, Jabaal Sheard injures his ankle and never comes back. It was all downhill from there. Browns fall to the Steelers, 31-14. On the upside, I racked up seven sacks. On the downside, I'm still the Browns :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... It seems like Comcast finally got their act together and I should be online and ready to go next week. Unfortunately, I'm probably gonna miss a week because I'll be out of town for a funeral

14-0 is still a close game. I've been struggling with my run lately. I'm pretty sure a few nfl teams just aired it out week one and Gronk had 16 targets in the Pats game.

I know. I usually try to balance out run/pass better but I kept wanting to pass in short yardage and never really got any run game going.

Crazy ending for sure.

GG Dallas. Dallas couldn't get any breaks and still almost won. They had 3 injuries on offense including Witten. Gore broke 2 long runs and ended up with 17 carries 141 yds! Gore went off!

If anything MUT is easier this year them before. The packs are shit but they've always been. Learn how to flip cards on the auction house and you can make a killing. Do solo challenges and off one teams reg season challenges, you get 17 k total and cards to sell. Do sets to get the badges. Get an elite badge, sell it on AH for easy 70k, then go and buy 2 elites like I did last night.

Ok... It seems like Comcast finally got their act together and I should be online and ready to go next week. Unfortunately, I'm probably gonna miss a week because I'll be out of town for a funeral
That's cool. Like I've been telling other people, it's a long season. I'll get your invite sent whenever the game will allow me to send it.

Isnt this a sim.style league lol
4 runs all game though ?
Triple covered and he still caught it. Good thing you have graham and your team is rated way higher because you were very predictable.
I looked over the stats, and it seems like he played 100% within the rules. If you want to call it "cheesy", that's a matter of opinion. But at the end of the day, people are going to keep doing what works (especially in a close game).

As long as something isn't just a blatant exploit or bug in the programming, it's up to you to come up with a defense to stop it. Try to keep it friendly though. Coming in badmouthing people after a loss will earn you a reputation. Ask me how I know, lol. We all have to start somewhere. :)

Holy hell...Titans grind out a win against the Chiefs. 10-3. Overrated team vs underrated team courtesy of the opening day rosters, haha. After seeing Alex Smith complete his first 7 passes, I had to just play ball control. Smith finished 11-13. Jake Locker's deep throw accuracy is also WAY DOWN from last year (probably at least 15 points). Kind of a waste of that 95 arm strength. I've got work to do with this team. That's for sure.

Gg. Sry guys I'm thinking of trading this in today in a couple hours. It's just so frustrating interception after interception. I can't even beat the computer. :whistle2:( I'll let u guys know for sure if I trade it in today a little later. Sry. :whistle2:(

It's just that on top of my welcome pack objective not checking on ultimate team when I bought it. And the wait time on ea forums was like 4 hours. :whistle2:( so it's still not fixed.

Gg. Sry guys I'm thinking of trading this in today in a couple hours. It's just so frustrating interception after interception. I can't even beat the computer. :whistle2:( I'll let u guys know for sure if I trade it in today a little later. Sry. :whistle2:(
For what it's worth, the computer kicked my ass a few days ago. And I have won a Super Bowl.

Here's the other thing people have to realize (and this applies to more than just Outlaw, because a few others have posted similar sentiments)...you can't come in as a new player and just expect to win. A lot of people in the league have paid their dues in terms of taking beatings. Some of the people here (myself included) got their asses kicked for years before finally putting things together and making progress.

What I always tell people with Madden is if you give up, you will be exactly as good/bad as you are now the next time you join a league...but other people could have gotten better. There is absolutely no way to improve at this game without taking your lumps. Everybody has to start somewhere...and you have to figure out what playstyle works for you. It takes time. There's no way around that. Trust me, I've tried.

If you're not that big of a football fan, I guess I get it...but if you care at all about the sport...getting rid of Madden not even 3 weeks after it came out seems silly. This isn't a bad game. But it does take some work to get good at it.

I just needed a clarification. Im not bashing my opponent. I thought it was sim. I know how to play now
Maybe I'm just reading them wrong...but these comments are coming off really snide, man. "I thought it was sim". It was. He gave justification for what he was doing, and he referenced an actual game with similar numbers. Graham had 50% of his targets...that's not completely absurd.

If you were legitimately under the impression that you have to divide run and pass evenly, then I apologize for that miscommunication. People are 100% allowed to play to their strengths (within the confines of the other rules). When I saw the complaint last night, the first thing I checked was the score...because had he been winning big in the 4th, he absolutely would have been expected to run the ball. But it was a close game. You're free to keep running your offense in a close game.

As for "I know how to play now", I'm trying to overlook that feeling like a threat, lol. As long as you play within the rules, you'll be fine, man. Unless you expected to go 16-0 and win all the Super Bowls, you have to accept that people are going to beat you sometimes.

Thanks, it's just more my ultimate team glitch on top of being bad. I didn't expect to come in and win every game or anything just these interceptions r so frustrating and I was going to use ultimate team for practice and that's broken for me.

Here's the other thing people have to realize (and this applies to more than just Outlaw, because a few others have posted similar sentiments)...you can't come in as a new player and just expect to win. A lot of people in the league have paid their dues in terms of taking beatings. Some of the people here (myself included) got their asses kicked for years before finally putting things together and making progress.
Yep. Outside of Deuce, the other veterans in this league essentially made up the JV leagues. I think fero is an exception, but even he took beating after beating before he got competitive in the "main" league. The only way to get better is to play.

I never really found it beneficial getting my shit pushed in by Cru or Deuce or Doom or the other monsters in the main league, but I grew a lot by playing with others who were somewhat near my skill level. This league is about as close as you're going to get to that with the original JV/"upper" leagues no longer being separate.

I have no issues losing. 8 and 8 is a solid year to me. 31 passes 4 runs isn't realistic but its cool now
Arizona Cardinals vs Minnesota Vikings - 2006: Cardinals had 6 rushing attempts and 51 passing attempts...score was close

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=261126016

(a similar thing happened in 2008 where the Cardinals had 7 rushing attempts and 50 passing attempts...but the Cards were down 28-0 at halftime, so I'm not even going to count that one)

Green Bay Packers vs Miami Dolphins - 1994: Packers had 7 rushing attempts and 51 passing attempts...another close game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199409110gnb.htm

And sure, you might say "those teams still lost". Ok...

New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers - 2007: The Pats had 9 rushing attempts (1 by Brady) and 46 passing attempts...and won 34-13

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271209017

Now, that last game would even be questionable for this league because as stated in the rules, in the 4th quarter with a big lead, you're expected to run the ball and chew clock. But I hope this at least shows that it does happen...especially in close games. Like I said, if you want to call it cheesy, that's fine. And if lvpatriots ends up going 16-0 and Graham has 300 catches or something ridiculous, yeah...he'll be asked to diversify his offense. But for one game, this is hardly noteworthy.

But hey...at least you've made everybody aware that he likes to target his biggest offensive weapon, haha. ;)

Ok, I'm out. Sry guys. Maybe I'll try it again next year if I don't get a glitched out game if that's ok.
Sorry to use this as an example...but I am so glad we did a weighted lottery. This would have been really shitty if he had taken a team somebody else wanted.

Maybe I'm just reading them wrong...but these comments are coming off really snide, man. "I thought it was sim". It was. He gave justification for what he was doing, and he referenced an actual game with similar numbers. Graham had 50% of his targets...that's not completely absurd.

If you were legitimately under the impression that you have to divide run and pass evenly, then I apologize for that miscommunication. People are 100% allowed to play to their strengths (within the confines of the other rules). When I saw the complaint last night, the first thing I checked was the score...because had he been winning big in the 4th, he absolutely would have been expected to run the ball. But it was a close game. You're free to keep running your offense in a close game.

As for "I know how to play now", I'm trying to overlook that feeling like a threat, lol. As long as you play within the rules, you'll be fine, man. Unless you expected to go 16-0 and win all the Super Bowls, you have to accept that people are going to beat you sometimes.
sorry but those belong to me.

im not a fan of people getting upset how people call their gameplan. i don't see any place in rules where it says you need to run the ball a min amount of time. when i have a qb like drew i would also be willing to pass a ton over running.

im not a fan of people getting upset how people call their gameplan. i don't see any place in rules where it says you need to run the ball a min amount of time. when i have a qb like drew i would also be willing to pass a ton over running.
Just things people need to adjust to. I don't want to escalate the situation more than it needs to be. He gets it. He's moving on. As long as nobody is outright breaking rules, we'll be fine.

Patriots over Dolphins 13-6 after a Disastrous first game with a disconnect (and a safety for each team..and a ton of picks)...

Only good news about Game #2 is that Brady is out for 7 weeks with....you guessed it...a Broken Collarbone!

Sorry about that sir felgar!!

GG. Got my ass handed to me. not looking forward to playing this guy twice a year. He certainly knows his "madden" ;) 

two great games of the patriots vs dolphins (siradam134). First game disconnected at the start of the 4th with a 3 pt difference. 2nd game ending 16-3.

Dolphins moved the ball well but could not get in the end zone. A costly fumble on the first drive right next to the end zone for the dolphins and a huge int by revis leading to the go ahead touchdown in the fourth. Unfortunately, Tom Brady was injured after running for the slowest first down ever. Jimmy Garoppolo was able to do just enough without turning the ball over for the victory. Going to be a long 7 weeks for the Patriots with Brady out.

Well played siradam134 I am sure if you had someone better than Tannehill you would have run up and down the field on me. 

Update on the texans vs redskins game he sent me a pm a 7am Friday I replied told him I was free most of the weekend

Got a pm at 7am this morning saying he was going to try and free up an hour today and get with me but haven't heard anything

Bucs lost their game to the Panthers 17-10 today. Gained more offense than Carolina but had a pair of costly turnovers including a fumble by Doug Martin on my second play of the game. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back