Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have no problems predicting that the Titans will get a participation ribbon. There. I said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh...that QB accuracy patch really fucked the weaker teams in this game. Open receiver + right read + shitty QB = underthrown ball INT.

GG to Tanabeo...but my offense is putrid when there's no threat of a passing game. He could just stack the box all day and just use his DBs for easy INTs. He was also nearly perfect with Ryan Mallett. My defense wasn't bad...but he had dink and dunk routes all over the field.

Hard to stop a guy when he goes 17-20. No fumbles in the game though a few guys were rocked. I don't even think his receivers dropped any balls after taking some hits on the catch. Just a perfectly executed game from Houston. Hard for my shit ass team to keep up with that.

There was a patch? I would routinely see opponents complete 75% of their passes with shitty quarterbacks, while I completed 30% with Rodgers. A patch was definitely needed.

There was a patch? I would routinely see opponents complete 75% of their passes with shitty quarterbacks, while I completed 30% with Rodgers. A patch was definitely needed.
It was included in the last big Madden patch from 3-4 weeks ago. It made QBs with lower accuracy numbers less accurate.

- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
I mean, it makes sense...from a realism standpoint. It just kind of makes it tougher for people with bad teams to compete. I know what you're saying about "bad QBs" still putting up decent numbers though. I would look at their individual ratings for SAC, MAC, and DAC though and see if the guy is just playing to their strengths.

The problem I have with Locker is he doesn't have a single accuracy statistic above a 75. So, for me, there was a noticeable difference when that patch came out. The touch passes just aren't there for him anymore. Unless a guy is just wide the hell open, he's throwing behind guys and passes are getting knocked down or intercepted. Like I've said, his accuracy numbers are worse than my 3rd string rookie QB (who I've actually played the past 2 weeks...but his confidence is shit, and I don't completely understand how that affects accuracy).

tl:dr - Much like in real life, the Titans will be looking for a QB this offseason.

Haven't heard from the Redskins after he messaged me about my availability the morning after we advanced.  He said he was pretty busy this weekend with the holiday and his wife's birthday.  I responded to it but he hasn't read it yet according to my mailbox.  My availability is going to be pretty tight Monday with work and the Colts-Giants game.

No big deal because it is more important for a birthday than Madden but just wanted to give an update.

Bears continue to roll with their 7th straight win.

Bears 17 Lions 10

Bears
Jay Cutler 15/20 174Yds 2Tds
Matt Forte 11Rshs 33Yds
Martellus Bennett 5Rec 85Yds 1Td
Brandon Marshall 3Rec 33Yds 1Td

Lions
Dan Orlovsky 16/22 196Yds 1Int
Joique Bell 12Rshs 91Yds 1Td
Calvin Johnson 6Rec 91Yds
Golden Tate 3Rec 25Yds

GG

Haven't heard from the Redskins after he messaged me about my availability the morning after we advanced. He said he was pretty busy this weekend with the holiday and his wife's birthday. I responded to it but he hasn't read it yet according to my mailbox. My availability is going to be pretty tight Monday with work and the Colts-Giants game.

No big deal because it is more important for a birthday than Madden but just wanted to give an update.
I put Washington on auto so if you guys can't manage to find a time to play today, you can play the CPU. Hope Heidenreich is ok with this. Obviously, it's no problem to have things going on. We all have weekends like that where it just seems like one thing after the next. Just trying to keep things fair to everyone.

Holy crap...I just noticed that Jake Locker has a consistency rating of 18. LMAO. Man, EA seriously thought nothing of him this year. Again, Zach Mettenberger...a 6th round drafted rookie QB has a consistency grade of 38.

Personally, I still think Locker (IRL) has a decent set of skills if he could ever stay healthy. But who knows if that will ever be in the cards for him (it won't be in Tennessee, regardless). People point to his completion percentage, but every single time he started to get comfortable and get into a groove in his career, he'd get hurt. The fact that he missed 4 weeks with a "bruised thumb" says a lot about his toughness as a football player.

And I don't know if I can salvage this Madden version of Locker. His ratings weren't as bad in last year's game, so they were easier to bring up to a respectable level. Just getting his accuracy numbers into the 80s is going to cost a ton of XP.

Holy crap...I just noticed that Jake Locker has a consistency rating of 18. LMAO. Man, EA seriously thought nothing of him this year. Again, Zach Mettenberger...a 6th round drafted rookie QB has a consistency grade of 38.

Personally, I still think Locker (IRL) has a decent set of skills if he could ever stay healthy. But who knows if that will ever be in the cards for him (it won't be in Tennessee, regardless). People point to his completion percentage, but every single time he started to get comfortable and get into a groove in his career, he'd get hurt. The fact that he missed 4 weeks with a "bruised thumb" says a lot about his toughness as a football player.

And I don't know if I can salvage this Madden version of Locker. His ratings weren't as bad in last year's game, so they were easier to bring up to a respectable level. Just getting his accuracy numbers into the 80s is going to cost a ton of XP.
Jason Campbell is available. :D/ He could be the future of the Titans offense.

Jason Campbell is available. :D/ He could be the future of the Titans offense.
Mike+tyson+s+laughing+mike+tyson+s+laughing_1a64df_4240389.gif

What was the official word on turning everything back on that we had turned off? Specifically the strategy pad!
Well, it's a gamble. I don't think anybody is sure if the desyncs were ever actually fixed in any way. But the only way I got my strategy pad back was turning everything else back to the way I liked it (kicking arc on, defensive graphics on, etc). My only human games since I switched back have been two games against Tanabeo though, so it's hard to draw any conclusions there.

Obviously, you don't want to waste anybody's time, but if it's really hindering your enjoyment of the game, I'd say go for it. Seriously, at this point, if desyncs are still an issue 2 months after the game is out, then that pretty much says it all. We'll be hearing about how awesome Madden 16 is going to be soon enough.

Apparently, I was right about Rodgers' shattered confidence affecting performance. Matt Flynn "led" (it was mostly thanks to my defense) the Packers to their 3rd win of the season over the AFC juggernaut New England Patriots. Go figure.

Apparently, I was right about Rodgers' shattered confidence affecting performance. Matt Flynn "led" (it was mostly thanks to my defense) the Packers to their 3rd win of the season over the AFC juggernaut New England Patriots. Go figure.
Yeah, I really don't like the confidence attribute at all. It's a stupid arbitrary number that you don't have a whole lot of control over. I mean, I know there's that gameplanning activity that's supposed to raise confidence, but you can only do a few players at a time. So, by the time I get around to everybody, the other guys are falling back again.

Until I have the power to hire a sports psychologist who can put my team in a big room where we sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya, it just feels like micromanaging from EA.

New to Madden 16: Popular team-building exercises such as The Trustfall :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeOvUhaLnp8&list=UU0hy7TcR1gGD8nQBqrF2FaA

Barely beat the AI against the Redskins.  Both teams got got a pick 6 in the first half and it was 13-10 Redskins at halftime.  Stopped a few long Washington drives by forcing a couple of fumbles.  Finally got some nice plays to Fleener to take the lead late and hold on for a 17-13 win.

Gotta stop turning the ball over, very bad habit of mine to force throws.

I expected a Tosh.O clip from that link after trustfalls were mentioned.
Haha, I actually tried to find one, but Youtube is flooded with all of the show submissions and knockoffs. I couldn't find a clip of it that wasn't recorded off the TV like ass. Here's the entire episode though...it's right at the beginning anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mooz9dYnoss

Ok, we have advanced to Week 14! In case anyone hasn't noticed, the league website is more broken than ever. Heidenreich has joined jza1218 in not "having" a team. Annnnd the "Home" tab is most likely broken for everybody. Almost 2015 and EA can't figure out websites, lol.

Anyway, the deadline for this week will be 11/7!

Gentlemen, it's that time of the year again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Here's your rough playoff picture. 

NFC: 

1. 49ers (12-1)

2. Bears (9-3)

3. Panthers (9-3)

4. Eagles (9-4

5. Seahawks (10-3)

6. Lions (9-3)

In the Hunt:

1. Saints (8-4) 

Plenty More

AFC

1. Patriots (9-4)

2. Colts (8-3)

3. Bengals (8-4)

4. Chargers (7-5-1)

5. Dolphins (7-4-1) 

6. Texans (7-5)

In the Hunt

1. Titans (7-5) 

2. Browns (6-6)

Plenty More

If there are any mistakes, please let me know. 

EA...why you so fail? 

Somehow on 3 man rushes...my cpu controlled DT Randy starks got 7 sacks against the ravens. Bad day for Flacco.

The twitter feed says:

"Spectacular Day for R. Starks. ends with 0 sacks, 2nd best on the single-game list"

Lol. 

EA...why you so fail?

Somehow on 3 man rushes...my cpu controlled DT Randy starks got 7 sacks against the ravens. Bad day for Flacco.

The twitter feed says:

"Spectacular Day for R. Starks. ends with 0 sacks, 2nd best on the single-game list"

Lol.
Haha...you really have to wonder what it takes to get a job as a play tester at EA sometimes.

"Can you read?"

"No...but I'm good at pressing buttons really fast."

"You're hired!"

http://www.twitch.tv/staticzv2

We're starting up...hopefully Madden cooperates. Here is the stream in case it won't load in the thread. We can chat over there anyway :p

Wow good game Staticz! I was lucky to pull off the upset tonight and totally thought my game winning FG hit the bottom cross bar and bounced no good! Think that was the first game I've played all season with no turnovers on either side.

Yeah, I'll up the bitrate next time so the quality is a bit higher. 

I misjudged that bomb for a TD and my defense is just too soft. Honestly I don't think I've played enough, but with so many games out it is hard to play much more than my league matchups! 

GG though, was a very even matchup.

Titans - 14

Giants - 10

I am not sure how I won this game, lol. I felt terrible about my team almost the entire game. The Giants manhandled my offense and Eli and crew opened up a 10-0 lead. Jake Locker (well, really Nate Washington) had one great play in him though, on a 56 yard jump ball that beat Prince Amukamara. This set up a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line, with Shonn Greene punching the ball in right after the 2 minute warning. So, yeah...kind of a lucky play set up Tennessee's only score of the half.

In the 2nd half, the Titans offense resumed sputtering, turning the ball over and seeing Jake Locker get knocked out of the game (yay?). Fortunately, Zach Mettenberger has gotten playing time in each of the last two games anyway, so he was ready to go. Midway through the 4th quarter, Mettenberger saw his opportunity and took it, rifling a 58 yard TD pass downfield to Justin Hunter for the go ahead score.

Suddenly, it appeared that Tennessee had gained control out of almost nowhere. With 2:47 left in the game and needing a TD, the Giants found themselves needing to get down the field in a hurry. And that's when Eli Manning made his most costly mistake of the day, when his pass was intercepted by Wesley Woodyard.

New York still had all 3 timeouts, so the Titans weren't out of the woods yet...until a gutsy (see also: "pulled out of my ass") end around call to Kendall Wright picked up a crucial first down, gaining 16 yards, and moving the ball onto the other side of the field. Shonn Greene took over from there and picked up a final first down, allowing Mettenberger to kneel three times, click his heels, and somehow lead his team to a come from behind win.

GG, kill3r7. I still feel like you outplayed me. I just somehow made plays when it was "do or die" for me like 3 times in the game. The way my offense played, I feel like I could have been easily shut out. Who knows, maybe this win will spur my team on and they'll get their confidence back.

Titans

Jake Locker - 3/6, 102 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Zach Mettenberger - 3/6, 78 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Shonn Greene - 15 att, 62 yds, 1 TD

Justin Hunter - 2 rec, 94 yds, 1 TD

Nate Washington - 1 rec, 56 yds

Kendall Wright - 1 rec, 12 yds, 1 att, 16 yds

Wesley Woodyard - 2 tackles, 1 INT

Giants

Eli Manning - 5/11, 138 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

Rashad Jennings - 19 att, 67 yds, 3 rec, 26 yds

Rueben Randle - 1 rec, 99 yds, 1 TD

Stevie Brown - 5 tackles, 1 sack

Jacquian Williams - 4 tackles, 1 sack

Walter Thurmond III - 1 tackle, 1 INT

Antrel Rolle - 1 tackle, 1 INT

Funny thing I just noticed when looking at my player development after the game...Jake Locker, who left with an injury when his team was losing got a +4 confidence boost for "winning a close one at home". Zach Mettenberger, who came in and actually led the comeback only got a +1 confidence boost for the same thing. Good job, EA.

Stole one against the Browns tonight.  Got totally outplayed and made several bad reads that ended up getting caught by the receivers for big gains.  Ended up kicking a FG as time expired to win 20-17 in a game I had no business winning.  GG man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back