Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browns pull out a 17-14 win against the Bengals thanks to some good fourth-quarter defense and clutch passing/running. GG DarkRider.

Play call screen didn't come up until 7 seconds left in the game... After your sack, I still had 12 seconds. It only takes 7 to get lined up and get the field goal off

I don't think I'll be getting my CPU game in before the deadline. Just realized last night that the deadline was approaching. Planned to play this afternoon, but had to wait forever at the doctor's office and I'm still not home yet.

Sorry for the late advance, guys. I was just finishing up my game and Madden crashed on me...about to go up by 11 on the Jets with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Now, I'm playing it over again. I really love EA Sports...so awesome.

EDIT - Of course, the second game is a blowout. Weird ass game too. 35 of the game's 38 points were scored in the 2nd quarter. And I scored 2 pairs of TDs 9 seconds and 5 seconds apart, thanks to Jalen Saunders fumbling 2 kick returns that were taken back for easy scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that may have just cost me the playoffs for this season.  After a loss to the Texans last week, I just played like shit against the CPU Cowboys.  Had a horrible game throwing the ball, ended up with 6 picks by Luck.  Most of them were me forcing the ball but even when I made a good play it seemed like the passes were a bit off.  Plays where I had all the room in the world to run after the catch but the pass was just behind the receiver so instead he stumbles catching it and it goes for 5 yards.  Oh well, go whoever plays the Texans and Titans ;)

Kaepernick got hurt during last weeks sim. Luckily he will be back in time for the playoffs. The 49ers won again this week. Next week the 49ers will sit our starters as we have the first round bye locked up.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Good game Matt Young but the Bucs beat the Packers 17-7 tonight. Doug Martin got in for two touchdowns as the Bucs won their third game in a row against CAG opponents. They'll try to finish their season 8-8 next week with a home matchup against the Saints! 

Good game Matt Young but the Bucs beat the Packers 17-7 tonight. Doug Martin got in for two touchdowns as the Bucs won their third game in a row against CAG opponents. They'll try to finish their season 8-8 next week with a home matchup against the Saints!
You got lucky being able to face Aaron Rodgers. Had the undefeated intergalactic heavyweight champion of manliness known as Matt Flynn not gotten injured, things could have been very different!

Next time, Wazeleski... next time.

That AFC South. Holy Crap.

3 Teams vying for the lead...

Colts 9-6

Texans 9-5

Titans 9-5. 

Might kill my wild card chances;-x

That AFC South. Holy Crap.

3 Teams vying for the lead...

Colts 9-6

Texans 9-5

Titans 9-5.

Might kill my wild card chances;-x
Yeah, kind of makes me wish we were spread a little differently. I mean, human competition is great and all, but to see an AFC West CPU team in the playoffs and one of us miss out is going to suck. Hard to predict it though. All four of us are playing as our favorite team...so I guess we can at least respect each other for that.

NFC wildcard race is nuts!

Lions vs Bears happening now. Lets see if I can right this ship now that Stafford is back.

Lions get the win and keep their playoff hopes alive. Bad news is that I lost Stafford again...
Good game bro. My offense couldn't get anything going with some awful decisions on some of my passes. When I saw that play where Stafford got hit with the injury timeout afterward, I was like "Uh Oh". Lol. Good game.

I'm just happy if I make it to completion. :lol:
tumblr_lkbahxSELN1qglrwm.gif

Sorry, guys. Somehow I forgot to post last night, and my PC was acting weird this morning, but we have advanced to Week 17. I know this is a late announcement, but let's still try to get the games done by 11/19. If there are any important games that need extra time, we can push it to 11/20 though. Good luck to everyone still vying for a playoff spot. And to those who won't make the playoffs, you can start your prep work for draft day.

fuck me. Wow.

I just about had a heart attack. Accidentally told the game to "SIM" my game with the jets. 

After freaking out for about a minute i went into league---> users and saw that it had placed my team on autopilot..turned it off and i can now play. Thank god. 

Browns end the season on a high note, blanking the Ravens 23-0 to finish 8-8. I'll be shopping outside linebacker Paul Kruger in the offseason, for anyone interested.

Titans - 14

Colts - 13

Damn...now I wish we would have streamed this game, lol. Holy crap what a game! As has been the theme for the 2nd half of my season, I felt like my team couldn't do anything offensively. The Titans started out decent, forcing a 3 and out and then picking up two first downs behind the running of Shonn Greene. But thanks to a muffed punt (where McCluster got stuck in the "do I want to catch or not?" animation when I was trying to get away from it and it just hit him), that only moved Tennessee to the 33 yard line where the drive then stalled.

The Colts responded by driving the ball down the the Titans 11 yard line until Andrew Luck was intercepted by Blidi Wreh-Wilson at the 6 yard line. Again, Tennesee moved the ball, until a Jake "can't wait till he's gone" Locker fumbled at the Titans 42...which Robert Mathis scooped up and returned for a TD.

A quick 3 and out from Tennessee gave the Colts the ball back with great field position. Fortunately for Tennessee, the defense stepped up again, holding the Colts to a field goal to trail 10-0 at the half, with the Titans getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter.

Feeling the game slipping away and having their running game almost completely shut down, Tennessee went for broke and started coming out in 4 and 5 wide sets. That's when Nate Washington got open on a deep route and Locker just chucked the ball as hard as he could. Washington just went and got it for a 58 yard TD strike, putting the Titans back in the game. The Colts responded with another long drive and another field goal to go up 13-7 as the 4th quarter began.

This is where things got exciting. Determined to protect their 6 point lead, the Colts defense came out fierce and crushed any hope the Titans had of a quick answering drive, forcing yet another 3 and out. Looking for more points to ice the game, Indianapolis drove down field until their own drive stalled at the Titans 49 yard line.

With 2:22 left to play and having used all of their timeouts on Indy's previous drive, the Titans had the ball back at their own 10 yard line. Going 5 wide shotgun, Jake Locker found TJ Graham for a few short passes over the middle. This opened up a deep route for Justin Hunter, who went up and got another Locker deep ball for another 58 yard gain, giving the Titans a 1st and 10 at the Colts 22. The next throw went to Kendall Wright who was tackled at the 4 yard line.

With about a minute left, the Titans went back to Shonn Greene who scored the go ahead TD on a 2nd and goal from the 2 with 0:44 left in the game. With all 3 timeouts, the Colts still had time to make something happen. Andrew Luck used a hard snap count to draw Kamerion Wimbley offside, giving Indy a free play...which of course was intercepted by Jason McCourty. Womp womp. Do over.

On the ensuing 1st and 5 at the 25, the Titans defense got those 5 yard back, sacking Luck for an 8 yard loss. Now at 2nd and 13, Luck tossed up a deep ball of his own, and Coby Fleener somehow came down with it for a 47 yard gain down to the Titans 36 yard line...with 0:25 left. And on the very next play, Luck tried to make a throw toward the right side of the field, but was intercepted again by a streaking Blidi Wreh-Wilson who returned it 59 yards before diving on the ball at the Indy 9 yard line, to seal the game.

Hell of a game. Again, I feel like I made two good offensive plays the entire game. I actually didn't convert a 3rd down the entire game (0-5). So, I'm guessing this win will get me into the playoffs...but with this team, I don't see myself getting far. So, in all likelihood, I probably just screwed myself out of a better draft pick, haha. But either way, the last 4 plays of this game were wildly entertaining and felt very cat and mouse-like. Great game, Brandon!

Titans

Jake Locker - 11/16, 204 yds, 1 TD

Shonn Greene - 9 att, 23 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec, -4 yds

Nate Washinton - 3 rec, 87 yds, 1 TD

Kendall Wright - 3 rec, 36 yds

Justin Hunter - 1 rec, 58 yds

Michael Griffin - 6 tackles, 1 TFL

Zach Brown - 2 tackles, 1 sack

Blidi Wreh-Wilson - 2 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 INTs

Colts

Andrew Luck - 7/19, 155 yds, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

Trent Richardson - 12 att, 60 yds, 3 rec, 47 yds

Coby Fleener - 3 rec, 72 yds

Reggie Wayne - 1 rec, 36 yds

Erik Walden - 3 tackles, 2 TFL

Cory Redding - 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF

Robert Mathis - 1 tackle, 1 sack, 1 FR, 1 TD

I was able to use the Game DVR to capture the highlight plays though. So, I'll have a video posted here after I get my daughter to sleep.

EDIT - And here they are. The first play, I actually said "Xbox, record that." for because it literally made me LOL. The commentary adds a nice touch to it as well. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJviNFvk8U&list=UUv3NwMy64M-ETSasnUK1vEQ

Ok, guys. We have advanced to the playoffs!

Good luck to everybody who made it. I'll start looking at some draft times and send out a list of options to vote on in the next week or so.

The deadline for this first round of the playoffs will be 11/23.

Well somehow I managed to back into the playoffs! On the plus side, the Lions are finally back at full strength and (somehow) beat the Panthers once this year.

Once we have the game schedule, I'll definitely be streaming it. Good luck everyone!

Wild Card Schedule:

Dolphins @ Chiefs

Lions @ Panthers

Titans @ Bengals

Seahawks @ Eagles

bDrRNAn.jpg

Dolphins Chiefs being played in the snow. Looovely.  Why do MY guys have to be the ones wearing all white..when snow is COVERING the field, lol. 

Dolphins over Chiefs 20-17 in a horrendous snowstorm.

Caleb Sturgis missed a 47 yard field goal with the wind in his face as time expired to send it to overtime....Grimes picked off Alex smith on 3rd and 9....Caleb stepped up big the second time around time to kick a 47 yard field goal to win the game.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Bengals vs Titans going down in about 45 minutes. I would like to stream it...but we were never able to not desync and the game had to be simmed when we were scheduled to play earlier this season. This is basically going to be "the big reveal" for if that patch and whatever other server side work they've done ever fixed anything at all. Hold your breath.[/SIZE]

So...my game with Dark Rider went to OT.

He won the toss, got the ball, got a 4th and 1 at his 48...and QB sneaked for the 1st down.

Drove down the field some more, and then threw to Jeff Demps for the game winning TD.

I'm trying to stay unbiased in my judgment of these plays because obviously, I'm irritated that I lost. I had 6 pass deflections in this game with 0 INTs. Dark Rider had 3 INTs and only 2 pass deflections. His guys were leaping and snaring balls in traffic. My guys were dropping throws right to them with nobody else around.

He injured Jake Locker and knocked him out of the game in the 3rd. He had a fumble late in the game that was overturned and ruled down. I had a wide open TJ Graham in the end zone that Mettenberger overthrew (Graham even leaped for the ball but just couldn't grab it) that would have put me ahead 17-13 with less than a minute to play.

I'm not saying I "should have won" or that he's "lucky he won". This is Madden. But at least send me a message to try to make me feel better and let me know you feel fortunate that your team played as well as they did. It felt like Andy Dalton could do no wrong in this game.

Even on balls where his accuracy was off, he had WRs and TEs diving and sprawling and rolling to make the catch. He had throws into double coverage that his guys would just come up with. At least acknowledge that the bounces went your way.

Maybe it's just me, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way when somebody doesn't let me know that they can recognize the things that skill had nothing to do with that just went their way in a game. I always try to do that when I beat somebody. I don't know. It just seems like good manners, lol.

Looks like you guys are avoiding the EA servers problems at least.  Just tried to sign into Madden and couldn't and after looking around online it looks like an issue with all EA servers.  Hopefully they get it fixed before you guys try to play tonight.

Edit - Looks like a Lizard Squad ddos attack on EA servers.  Same group that has been hitting Destiny and COD servers.

Well, Nate. Going straight to the bone there. You played a hell of a game. I did get lucky. There were certain "maddened" things that really helped me to get the win. I am not going to fight you over this. However, it is absolutely unfair to say that nothing I did required skill. I am more than happy to say that you played great game and that many breaks really went my way to help secure the win. I guess the problem becomes that I don't usually send messages after games. I just don't bother with them anymore. I am more than happy to give you props for that game though. On the flip side, please don't pretend that nothing I did mattered, and you were simply "maddened" out of that loss. I have much respect for you, and I look forward to playing in the future.  

Also, yeah, that QB sneak was slimy. 100% agree.

Well, Nate. Going straight to the bone there. You played a hell of a game. I did get lucky. There were certain "maddened" things that really helped me to get the win. I am not going to fight you over this. However, it is absolutely unfair to say that nothing I did required skill. I am more than happy to say that you played great game and that many breaks really went my way to help secure the win. I guess the problem becomes that I don't usually send messages after games. I just don't bother with them anymore. I am more than happy to give you props for that game though. On the flip side, please don't pretend that nothing I did mattered, and you were simply "maddened" out of that loss. I have much respect for you, and I look forward to playing in the future.

Also, yeah, that QB sneak was slimy. 100% agree.
I don't think I said NOTHING you did required skill. I was talking about acknowledging things in the game that happen that are out of your (or my) control that went your way. The pass deflections, the QB accuracy, the diving catches, etc. There's obviously a skill to calling and executing plays, but we've all been playing this game long enough to know there are those extra things that make the difference in a TD drive and a turnover.

And when the bounces are in your favor, it's tough to overcome. I never said I was "Maddened". I just couldn't catch a break and on top of that, there were a couple plays that had me saying "Are you serious? Come on..." But that's how it goes sometimes.

EDIT - You've probably quoted what I had before already, lol. But I'm over it. Game didn't go my way. I'm not good enough to win with the team I have anyway. Ultimately, winning that game didn't matter.

I was right though. I would have been better off losing to Indy and taking the higher draft pick. Oh well, at least Jake Locker is dead...never to be heard from again.

I don't think I said NOTHING you did required skill. I was talking about acknowledging things in the game that happen that are out of your (or my) control that went your way. The pass deflections, the QB accuracy, the diving catches, etc. There's obviously a skill to calling and executing plays, but we've all been playing this game long enough to know there are those extra things that make the difference in a TD drive and a turnover.

And when the bounces are in your favor, it's tough to overcome. I never said I was "Maddened". I just couldn't catch a break and on top of that, there were a couple plays that had me saying "Are you serious? Come on..." But that's how it goes sometimes.

The first 4th down you went for (opening drive of the game, ironically), I had no problem with. 4th and 1 at my 38. I actually think you did have the wind at your back...but I'm not sure even 50% of coaches would elect to kick a 55 yard field goal. The 4th and 1 in OT...I don't know, I guess it's a "going for broke" play. If you punt, I get the ball and a field goal wins it. If you don't convert it, I get the ball and a field goal wins it.

There's probably an argument to be made for trusting your defense to give you the ball back...but I don't know. It's a gray area. You really could have pinned me deep though...and with the ball being on your side of the field, I'm probably 60% for punting and 40% for going for it there. The QB sneak just harkened back to the old "gimme" Madden days...especially since I was reluctant to load up on it since you passed on the other 4th and 1. I just felt like I couldn't really stop it in the way that Madden expects me to stop it...if that makes sense.

As for the message, I didn't even expect you type anything on XBL. Typing messages on a console is still a chore. I get that. But that's why I waited like 20 minutes before posting anything. I thought maybe you'd at least post in the thread. I mean, it's not a huge deal...but for me, it's not being gracious in a victory that you were fortunate to receive (again, not saying I deserved to win...but I always feel fortunate when I win).

It also doesn't help that you're the guy who went and got Jeff Demps (again) and most of us really really hate Jeff Demps, lol. He's a bullshit video game player, and you now basically feature him in your offense. Just doesn't seem like you're too shy about being "that guy", haha.

Alright, I should start out and say that I have been terrible at long field goals this year. I still also have kicking arc turned off. The first fourth down was a no brainer. I was going to punt or go for it. Which is why I asked your permission. You agreed and got it by passing.

I guess this goes back to the CAG leagues just being kind of dead this year. I just haven't had the excitement to run back here and post about the game. I don't know if I have posted after any of my games.

In regards to the QB sneak. I agree, it is a cheesy play. My though process behind that was your recent drives. I had failed to stop you on your last two drives. If I punted it, I would have lost. There is no doubt in my mind.

Lastly, this Jeff Demps thing seems like a potshot. He had like ten rushing yards in the entire game and 300 or so all year. What do you mean I feature him in my offense? Gio Bernard had almost 1000 yards this year. To be honest, I didn't even sub him in on that last drive. The game took him out for some reason. The only thing I sub Gio out for is wildcat.

I was right though. I would have been better off losing to Indy and taking the higher draft pick. Oh well, at least Jake Locker is dead...never to be heard from again.
Like I said in my message, I do legitimately feel bad about that. I have seriously injured a ton of qbs this year. Hence, Bortles, Big Ben, Locker just off the top of my head. I don't know what is causing it. Are they just more fragile this year?

Don't worry Im the general of the afc south and I will lead us to victory
We'll see about that next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back