Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

uber Im interested in joe mcknight would u move him?
He's someone I wouldn't say no to at this point, but I would like to see how he plays and how the game rates him. Or maybe more importantly, how they rate Goodson. I wouldn't need both of them.

Cant wait to see whose going to pull off a bv type trade lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Bseti your not worth a breathe..its pathetic how much your life revolves around madden, calling/texting me about how salty you are at 12:30 am..Madden 25 is not even out yet..have fun with Weeden kid.

Well it depends on how much playing time tebow is going to get? Coach teddy truth will have a special playbook made up for tebow and tavon austin.

Bseti your not worth a breathe..its pathetic how much your life revolves around madden, calling/texting me about how salty you are at 12:30 am..Madden 25 is not even out yet..have fun with Weeden kid.
#1. We're not in 3rd grade. Absolutely no need to bring this discussion to Cag. Atleast bseti had the common sense to complain in a private text message. Nice of you to bring it to a public forum in an effort to make fun of him. It doesn't belong here, and don't let it happen again. Please.

#2. If EITHER of you don't like the way the team selection process turned out, NOBODY is forcing you to play here. There's thousands of other leagues out there.

Well it depends on how much playing time tebow is going to get? Coach teddy truth will have a special playbook made up for tebow and tavon austin.
Custom Playbooks will not be allowed this year. Even if the game is including them. Stock Playbooks Boys & Girls.

I think a couple of people need to dial it back at bit and keep the personal insults out of the thread or preferably to themselves.

Custom Playbooks will not be allowed this year. Even if the game is including them. Stock Playbooks Boys & Girls.
I'm not making a custom playbook, Im going to user some plays because every one knows tebow isnt a pocket passer. Put Tebow in good spacing and GREAT things happen.

Just remember coach Teddy is the TRUTH lol

14 Days into the thread, and the mods show up. :applause:  Keep the real life drama out of this thread, please. And this goes for everyone. including you and your broken leg, UBER!

14 Days into the thread, and the mods show up. :applause: Keep the real life drama out of this thread, please. And this goes for everyone. including you and your broken leg, UBER!
Never would have happened in my day.

Grampa_simpson_rocking_chair.gif

Any reasons?

Is there any way to debate the trade policy (during the 1st season) I might be in the minority , but I dont like how we keep this league very "real" and then allow people to make trades that would NEVER happen. I would like to reduce the amount of core players to 1, but I know that might not pass because people make trades.

We don't allow custom playbooks, but will allow AP to be moved?

I wouldn't mind looking into a more strict set of trade rules, but I've always sided with the purists here. I'm more of a sim guy for Madden versus fantasy. 

I wouldn't mind looking into a more strict set of trade rules, but I've always sided with the purists here. I'm more of a sim guy for Madden versus fantasy.
Me too. I love this league and how the rules are and I think a strict set of trade rules would help the league a ton.

Any reasons?

Is there any way to debate the trade policy (during the 1st season) I might be in the minority , but I dont like how we keep this league very "real" and then allow people to make trades that would NEVER happen. I would like to reduce the amount of core players to 1, but I know that might not pass because people make trades.

Oh and to comment further on this, the custom playbooks are more for making things fair not "real." While I did agree with you on toning back the trades a little bit, I don't think the two things are that similar. One is for competitive balance and one is to make the league reflect the NFL.

Trades will be under much more scrutiny this year. Custom playbooks will never happen, too many 'money plays' and people that may or may not abuse them.

What the hell happened in here? The mods already, c'mon guys.

Aside from that, trades will be under much more scrutiny this year. Custom playbooks will never happen, too many 'money plays' and people that may or may not abuse them.
I am not sure. I take nothing back about Ty Warren though! Nothing! He's a lazy Defensive Tackle, who wouldn't even play!

Any reasons?

The #1 reason that staticz and i came up with is that there are more than 8 or 9 guys who reside in this league that love to ride the fence between "fair play" and "cheese" Allowing custom playbooks would literally allow players to create the cheesiest playbooks in the game with nothing but "gimmick" plays, and then try to defend themselves by saying "we're allowed to create our own playbook" when people complained about it.

It's unfair for everyone. Sorry.

Oh and to comment further on this, the custom playbooks are more for making things fair not "real." While I did agree with you on toning back the trades a little bit, I don't think the two things are that similar. One is for competitive balance and one is to make the league reflect the NFL.
I don't care if we don't allow custom playbooks or not, but to continue to have some rules and then let people trade a top 10 player and then leave the league who is that helping?

We see it every year, on average people only play 2 seasons (if we are lucky to move quickly enough)

I would be in favor of no trades during season 1, or some sort of policy on the amount of trades you are allowed based on how long you have been in the league

I don't care if we don't allow custom playbooks or not, but to continue to have some rules and then let people trade a top 10 player and then leave the league who is that helping?

We see it every year, on average people only play 2 seasons (if we are lucky to move quickly enough)

I would be in favor of no trades during season 1, or some sort of policy on the amount of trades you are allowed based on how long you have been in the league
Read my post. Trades will not be passing through like crazy this year.

How about towards veterns they can trade I hate when new guys come in trade their best player and leave

I'm def forr new players havin to show thheir commitment before they can mmake trades. Donnno how uud go about doin it, I guuess the easiest way would be to say u need a season under thhe belt, kinnda unfair but its better thhan like what mog said, someone trades key players away then quits

Get used to my spelling the keyboard onn my phone double types shhit

I'm def forr new players havin to show thheir commitment before they can mmake trades. Donnno how uud go about doin it, I guuess the easiest way would be to say u need a season under thhe belt, kinnda unfair but its better thhan like what mog said, someone trades key players away then quits

Get used to my spelling the keyboard onn my phone double types shhit
I think the compromise would be to allow them to make lesser trades not involving key players, but making it so they can not trade a way an up and coming/current superstar.

It blows my mind that there are people who don't see this. I'd never accuse anybody of having an agenda (oh, who am I kidding? Of course I would, lol ;)), but custom playbooks in an online setting pretty much sounds like the worst idea ever in a video game. Imagine having the deceptive looking 2 and 3 TE sets in the Pats playbook mixed in with the hard to stop "full house" set from Atlanta's, mixed in with whatever else "easy 1st down" plays people come across. You might as well just give this league a tramp stamp that reads "exploits welcome!" Seriously. Worst...idea...ever.

Trades will be under much more scrutiny this year. Custom playbooks will never happen, too many 'money plays' and people that may or may not abuse them.
Trade cap! Everybody's doing it! ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20g3QIUnOgY[/youtube]

I don't think it would be fair to new players to change the rules on them trading, I understand trying to stop people from trading superstar players and leaving, but telling them they can trade one way and everyone else trading another way is flat out unfair. 

I'm sure there will be enough read option heavy playbooks(eagles, skins and 49ers) that custom playbooks wont be necassary for people to get some use out of tebow or other run first qb's. Custom playbooks are just unnecassary, most playbooks already provide a good variety of plays.

I don't think it would be fair to new players to change the rules on them trading, I understand trying to stop people from trading superstar players and leaving, but telling them they can trade one way and everyone else trading another way is flat out unfair.
I had a short convo with Rames about this in the groupme chat and I think that we were onto a pretty good solution to this. He seems to be in favor of a harsher version, but basically dealing any superstar or future superstar(this would obviously need a clear definition) player during the regular season would not be allowed. Smaller trades involving lesser players to round out rosters would still be ok. Then during the offseason, open up trading so that anyone can be dealt(approval by the committee obviously). I think it's a fair way to reflect real life, but then allow the flexibility to shape your roster. Also it will stop new players from dealing superstars and older players won't have the advantage in that aspect.

Edit: My idea of what a nontradeable player(depending on how the game handles ovr) in season, would be any player above a 90 rating, then any player who is at least an 85 ovr who is 29 years old or younger, then any player who is at least a 75 ovr who is 24 years or younger and then any 1st,2nd or 3rd round draft picks(from the previous year).

I just think we are all over thinking this I honestly enjoyed trading who I wanted without a trade cap. If you don't like blockbuster trades then don't be involved in them. Last years trading rules didn't piss anyone off but these new rules will. It is what it is

I just think we are all over thinking this I honestly enjoyed trading who I wanted without a trade cap. If you don't like blockbuster trades then don't be involved in them. Last years trading rules didn't piss anyone off but these new rules will. It is what it is
People were clearly upset with last year being open, it wouldnt be a discussion if everybody loved it(on this page alone you ask for restrictions on new players). I have no problem with how it was but i also thought being a little more strict make sense. Under the way i proposed, blockbuster deals will still happen, just during the time when they would actually happen in real life.

did my first bit of madden 25 research today and found some rookie ratings geno smith should be a beast 

throw power 93

medium acc 82

short acc 81

deep acc 84

speed 85

agility 84

overall 78 so i'm guessing his awareness isnt that high considering his overall and the fact that hes a rookie

cordarrelle patterson also looks like a possible monster as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ID9oBxfW4

People were clearly upset with last year being open, it wouldnt be a discussion if everybody loved it(on this page alone you ask for restrictions on new players). I have no problem with how it was but i also thought being a little more strict make sense. Under the way i proposed, blockbuster deals will still happen, just during the time when they would actually happen in real life.
But everyone who made the playoffs or considered top players trying to change things. Just make new guys play a certain amount of time before trading and have a good committee

It blows my mind that there are people who don't see this. I'd never accuse anybody of having an agenda (oh, who am I kidding? Of course I would, lol ;)), but custom playbooks in an online setting pretty much sounds like the worst idea ever in a video game. Imagine having the deceptive looking 2 and 3 TE sets in the Pats playbook mixed in with the hard to stop "full house" set from Atlanta's, mixed in with whatever else "easy 1st down" plays people come across. You might as well just give this league a tramp stamp that reads "exploits welcome!" Seriously. Worst...idea...ever.

Trade cap! Everybody's doing it! ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20g3QIUnOgY[/youtube]
The Pats already have the full house package under a seperate name, plus the "moneyplays" for madden change every year. They better allow good quaterbacks such as brady to hit people in stride when they have 2-3 steps on a defender..huge issue in the game last year.

did my first bit of madden 25 research today and found some rookie ratings geno smith should be a beast

throw power 93

medium acc 82

short acc 81

deep acc 84

speed 85

agility 84

overall 78 so i'm guessing his awareness isnt that high considering his overall and the fact that hes a rookie

cordarrelle patterson also looks like a possible monster as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ID9oBxfW4
Wow, lets start this league immediately so they don't downgrade him!! That's quite the starting skill set.

Remember when Sanchez, either in his rookie or 2nd year, had silly starting stats and just kept getting better. Then the last Madden or two happened...

But everyone who made the playoffs or considered top players trying to change things. Just make new guys play a certain amount of time before trading and have a good committee
Doesn't the idea that top players are suggesting it indicate that they're trying to strive for more balance and parity in the league? The top players should be up for more of a challenge. I agree completely that having new players change a team and drop sucks, but placing limits on them that aren't on established players just seems it would widen the divide even further wouldn't it?

The Pats already have the full house package under a seperate name, plus the "moneyplays" for madden change every year. They better allow good quaterbacks such as brady to hit people in stride when they have 2-3 steps on a defender..huge issue in the game last year.
I agree about being able to lead a receiver. The game seemed to have this little passing bubble where no matter what, the defender could get to the ball. And if you threw it while he was in that bubble, he'd just magically "overtake" the receiver and get the INT. Maybe EA compensated for that with juiced up TEs. In general, that seems to be EA logic: break one thing in favor of the defense + break one thing in favor of the offense = balance.

As for custom playbooks, I came up with a more detailed idea of what they would look like in the other thread. You'd have the 2 or 3 TE wide streaks/full house/wildcat/flea flicker/end around/option read offense, lol.

Doesn't the idea that top players are suggesting it indicate that they're trying to strive for more balance and parity in the league? The top players should be up for more of a challenge. I agree completely that having new players change a team and drop sucks, but placing limits on them that aren't on established players just seems it would widen the divide even further wouldn't it?

Thats not completely true because the playoff teams will be fine with the new trade rules, example I didnt trade much but was very consistent just as others. At the end of the day its all on the player's skill and the fact that the people that are not as good will have a much harder time being competitive with new trade rules.

example: If im better with a runnging qb like Vick and i had tom brady and wanted to trade brady y cant i pursue someone I can use based on my skill? but since brady is a superstar he stays put. I think their should be some rules to trades but not as extreme lets build of last years by saying you must play x amount of games or something in order to trade if your new and having the comittiee be more strict when dealing with trades.

i think a trade committee is the best way to handle the issue. there are blockbuster trades that make sense when done right but there are also trades that have been made just because they were able to. i feel that trades should be made out of necessity... the trades where a star goes to a new team just cuz the original owner didn't use or like him are ridiculous.

also... there are players that just wouldn't be traded (such as AP, Rodgers, Brady, Megatron). 99% of said players are offensive guys so I think that should be taken into consideration when proposing, and evaluating trades.

A more important question is who is going to stop the RAMS! new trade rules wont save anyone! lol

lol good touch. you mean whose going to stop the colts in the AFC because I'll finish them in the SUPERBOWL

Curious how the conference power has shifted. I know the AFC lost Doom but we seemed to get a lot of strong additions to the league. At initial glance it's probably even but anyone else want to weigh in?

Curious how the conference power has shifted. I know the AFC lost Doom but we seemed to get a lot of strong additions to the league. At initial glance it's probably even but anyone else want to weigh in?
I mentioned this on GroupMe earlier in the week. It seems like guys either kept the team they had or switched conferences completely.

I mentioned this on GroupMe earlier in the week. It seems like guys either kept the team they had or switched conferences completely.
i know you guys talk about us behind our backs, which is why you won't see me on groupme, I will leave a place for you guys to vent about how bad we're running the league, ja ja ja. :boxing:

bread's done
Back