7 games left

Tanabeo VS CPU
Doc VS CPU
Doo Mane VS CPU
Broadway Row VS L4WII
Mog VS CPU
Cru VS Widow
Doom VS Sprice

what are the times on these games. Advance is tonight.

[quote name='bvharris']I find that pretty unlikely having looked at the rosters of those teams.

Still, I'll welcome fewer CPU games.[/QUOTE]

I think the roster is pretty solid...probably a QB away from being a contender! Mike Wallace/Jeremy Maclin/Jacoby Ford (98, 95, 98 speed) at WR, Ahmad Bradshaw/Jahvid Best at HB, a pretty decent o-line for the most part, a really good d-line (2 90 OVR DTs + Carlos Dunlap and Kamerion Wimbley at DE), Mychal Kendricks/Ray Lewis/David Hawthorne at LB, CB is pretty iffy too...and then Nick Collins/Troy Polamalu at safety.

My QBs are Donovan McNabb, Tavaris Jackson (he's likely to be my starter), and Jimmy Clausen lol. Tavaris was decent in his debut...so we'll see...

[quote name='Hemingway012']7 games left

Tanabeo VS CPU
Doc VS CPU
Doo Mane VS CPU
Broadway Row VS L4WII
Mog VS CPU
Cru VS Widow
Doom VS Sprice

what are the times on these games. Advance is tonight.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard from L4WII, and if he isn't looking to play I'm fine with a sim. This will be my last crazy week and then I'll be moved in and settled. I can pretty easily play tonight though if he is around and wants to get it in.

[quote name='bvharris']What time are we shooting for?[/QUOTE]

Unless someone lets me know of any plans to play their game, 8 pm est.

lol, Victor Cruz had 706 yards last week.. How is that even possible?

I now feel infinitely less guilty about the beatings I put on the CPU.

[quote name='bvharris']lol, Victor Cruz had 706 yards last week.. How is that even possible?

I now feel infinitely less guilty about the beatings I put on the CPU.[/QUOTE]

yeh thats a bit much. i mean 200, 300 is a lot im guilty of doing that but 700 is just straight up annoying.

ya im not he sure how but he was open all game and if he wasnt he would break tackles he had 2 TDs one for 97 yards and another for 99. i just kept hitting the open guy it just happened to be him the everytime. and he broke free or was getting alot of yards. at the end of the game i was even surprised. its not like i even blew out the computer either so if there playing good why would i not hit the open guy. its not like the score was 72-14

[quote name='DVO21']ya im not he sure how but he was open all game and if he wasnt he would break tackles he had 2 TDs one for 97 yards and another for 99. i just kept hitting the open guy it just happened to be him the everytime. and he broke free or was getting alot of yards. at the end of the game i was even surprised. its not like i even blew out the computer either so if there playing good why would i not hit the open guy. its not like the score was 72-14[/QUOTE]

if your talking about me with the score you should check the stats. i had 3 PR for TD

and second idc what you say you dont get 700 yards with out forcing it just saying i really dont care though its kinda annoying but do what ya gotta do.

naw i was talking about ur score or anyone elses actually. my number were just an example of how the game was close and i was throwing to the open guy that was going to ge the job done. i used random numbers as an example of its not like i had a huge lead and just kept punching it in there.

Maybe throw it to a different guy? I understand putting up 700 yards of offense, I do that easily against the CPU, but it's spread out across different players. My players have big games, but none of them are that outlandish. When it's one guy putting up such unrealistic numbers, it just looks bad, that's all I'm saying. 700 yards and 5 TDs is agood season for most guys.

7 games left..and most of them are human vs human.

Seahawks(mog) vs 49ers(ogwhitewidow)
Redskins(Sprice) vs Giants(cru)
Cardinals(Milehigh) vs VIKINGS(Doom)
Cowboys(Uber) vs Panthers(Harrybody)
Ravens(cool) vs Texans(Blade)
Browns(CPU) vs Colts(Doc)
Titans(tanebeo) vs Bills(CPU)

Any updates?

After this week, I'm going to start posting the schedule for everyone in the thread. Maybe that will lead to more games getting scheduled?

People aren't going to get more urgent about playing their games if we don't stick to the deadlines. I speak from experience on this.

I haven't heard anything about any games getting played other than sprice and cru maybe being able to play tomorrow. Look for an advance in around 15

raiders kill the chiefs
this was a game turnovers for the chiefs who only put up 5 points thats right 5 points lol

Games remaining for week 8. Deadline is Sunday at 8pm Est.

Tampa vs Minn(doom)
Jacksonville vs Gb(chetty)
Miami(Lv) vs NYJ
SD(Bv) vs Cleveland
Indy(Doc) vs Tennessee(tanabeo)
Carolina(harrybody) vs Chicago
Seattle(mog) vs Detroit
Washington(sprice) vs Pittsburgh
NYG(cru) vs Dallas(uber)
San Fran(Ogwhitewidow) vs Arizona(Milehigh)

[quote name='bvharris']We still advancing around now? DVO, I can play after the Super Bowl if you're around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'll be advancing tonight. Look for advance around 9 pm est.

Rivers and his 34-2 TD-INT ratio is somehow not in the Pro Bowl picture for the AFC, yet Kyle Orton is. I really want to see the formula behind that one. :D

Chiefs-Chargers II going down in about 10 minutes.

San Diego Chargers 28 - Kansas City Chiefs 0

The Chargers reach the halfway point of their season at a perfect 8-0 with another dominating win over the Chiefs. This one was all Chargers from the beginning, as they held the Chiefs to a mind-boggling 32 yards of total offense in a driving rainstorm. The Chargers were good both running and passing the ball, and might have scored more if it weren't for a Moeaki fumble in the red zone. They were in grind it out mode for much of the second half.

Rivers was 13 of 15 for 191 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. The 2 incompletions were a drop and a throwaway, so he was basically perfect (with the perfect QB rating to show for it).

Brees managed to complete only one pass on 13 attempts for 15 yards, though there were a couple drops. With all the sacks he took, it came out to -22 yards passing. He did only throw 1 pick though.

Ridley did the bulk of the work in this one, carrying 14 times for 91 yards and a TD (he did fumble, though I think he was down but didn't need to challenge since I recovered). Charles had the same 6.5ypc, but on 8 carries for 52 yards and a score.

Sproles had 9 carries for 43 yards for the Chiefs.

Brandon Marshall had 5 catches for 78 yards and a TD, while Austin added 3 for 62 and a score of his own.

Coby Fleener had the lone reception for the Chiefs, but also dropped two balls. Nelson and Cruz each had a drop as well, as the Chiefs receivers didn't bother to show up in the rain.

The Chargers got 2 sacks from Raji, and 1 each from DEs Jordan and Shaughnessy. Joe Haden had yet another pick (his league-leading 11th) in this one.

Alphonso Smith and Justin Durant each forced a fumble for the Chiefs, one of which was recovered.

---
gg DVO! This team is running like a well-oiled machine right now, I'm not sure why it's so much better than my Broncos team (not that I'm hopeless with the Broncos or anything), they're built essentially the same way. It's definitely better though. Brandon Marshall is amazing, that dude single-handedly proves that speed isn't everything in a WR. He catches everything.

[quote name='bvharris']Rivers and his 34-2 TD-INT ratio is somehow not in the Pro Bowl picture for the AFC, yet Kyle Orton is. I really want to see the formula behind that one. :D

Chiefs-Chargers II going down in about 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

It's the beard?

Week 9 deadline is Wednesday around 8 pm Est.

Schedule for Week 9
Carolina(Harry) vs Redskins(Sprice)
Arizona(Milehigh) vs GB(cherry)
Bears vs Titans(tanabeo)
Broncos vs Bengals(hem)
Ravens(cool) vs Cleveland
Buffalo vs Houston(blade)
Dolphins(LV) vs Colts(Doc)
Vikings(doom) vs Seattle(mog)
Steelers vs New York G(cru)
Dallas(uber) vs Atlanta
Eagles(doo mane) vs New Orleans(neworl)

[quote name='Chetty12']Week 9 deadline is Wednesday around 8 pm Est.

Schedule for Week 9
Carolina(Harry) vs Redskins(Sprice)
Arizona(Milehigh) vs GB(cherry)
Bears vs Titans(tanabeo)
Broncos vs Bengals(hem)
Ravens(cool) vs Cleveland
Buffalo vs Houston(blade)
Dolphins(LV) vs Colts(Doc)
Vikings(doom) vs Seattle(mog)
Steelers vs New York G(cru)
Dallas(uber) vs Atlanta
Eagles(doo mane) vs New Orleans(neworl)[/QUOTE]

Bengals game is done, and is finally starting the main part of there human games thank god.

I'm going to take sims from now on vs CPU opponents. If I play a user controlled team, I'm going to give it an effort if it's on the rare occasion, but I'm kind of on my way out of this league, to be honest. Just don't have the time. :(

[quote name='ubernes']I'm going to take sims from now on vs CPU opponents. If I play a user controlled team, I'm going to give it an effort if it's on the rare occasion, but I'm kind of on my way out of this league, to be honest. Just don't have the time. :([/QUOTE]

Understandable. Three leagues is an awful lot, if I were in the JV league too I doubt I'd be playing in this one.

[quote name='bvharris']Understandable. Three leagues is an awful lot, if I were in the JV league too I doubt I'd be playing in this one.[/QUOTE]

I forgot he was in the gentleman league as well. Im definitely not holding it against anyone that doesn't play their cpu games

Yeah, full plate of Madden! Things could/should settle down soon, but my realistic plan is probably going on a bit of a hiatus here, finish out Gentleman League this season, and then come back here in the same 'sim my cpu games' capacity so I can get some practice on occasion beyond the main league.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm going to take sims from now on vs CPU opponents. If I play a user controlled team, I'm going to give it an effort if it's on the rare occasion, but I'm kind of on my way out of this league, to be honest. Just don't have the time. :([/QUOTE]

I am going to go the same route, but say that if I find the time I'll play my CPU games.

After taking a whipping and joining the Gentleman's League I've decided I'm going to retire. Three leagues are too many to be active in. I'm sure I'll see you all in the other leagues.

Looking like a 8 pm est advance unless we hear a games being played. Also contemplating moving it to a 2 day advance schedule. It doesn't feel like there's any interest in the regular season and the games that do get played are usually played in that first 24 hours.

Bengals 51 Giants 0

RG3 125 yards 2 TD
Demps ran for 109 yards and 1 TD also had a punt return for 65 yard TD
Green 31 yards 1 TD
Jenkins and Robinson each had 2 INT
Shields, Mays, Carter, and Huff each added there own INT

Luck 175 yards 8 INT
Henderson 100 yards
Moss 33 yards
Berry 7 Tackles 2 for a loss

GG CRU

I'm done with this league. Sorry y'all. Got too much shit on my plate for this many Madden leagues. Haven't played since Week 2 or so.

bread's done
Back