Madden Cag Fantasy League. Wildcard Round

One thing we should do for season 2 is re-assess who is actually playing and clear out some of the teams who are no longer interested. Right now there are 17 owned teams, but I don't think all of them have been playing (I doubt mog is legitimately 4-10, for example).

We might be able to get some guys from the Gentleman's League to be interested in taking over some of the other teams as well.

Still advancing tonight. Unless someone post a scheduled game, advance will be at 8. And yeah anyone is available to join.

Chargers-Raiders going down at 10PM.

Both teams are pretty much locked into their playoff seeds, so I don't expect either to give too much away in this one.

Edit: That's a Week 17 game, just to avoid any confusion.

San Diego Chargers 35 - Oakland Raiders 17

The Chargers, having already locked up a bye, came into this one with nothing to play for but pride but were able to triumph over a Raiders team that has also locked up a playoff spot. The Raiders elected to play their starters while the Chargers rested a few guys (Rivers, Charles, and Austin. Marshall and Ridley came out later) but the Bolts were still able to come out on top. The Chargers offense accounted for all but 3 points in this game, as Matt Flynn played well at times but also threw two pick sixes near his own endzone.

Flynn was 9 of 17 for 159 yards, 3 TDs and 4 INTs. An up and down game, but not a bad performance considering he's the backup and I wasn't using a lot of my normal plays.

Tavaris Jackson was 7 of 14 for 102 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INT. Clausen came in to spell him later and threw a pick of his own.

Ridley did most of the work here with Charles resting, carrying 21 times for 120 yards and 2 TDs before yielding to David Wilson late.

Bradshaw carried 5 times for 10 total yards.

Brian Hartline had 4 catches for 52 yards and 2 TDs, while Marshall also had 52 yards for 1 TD on 3 catches.

Mike Wallace lead the Raiders with 5 catches for 96 yards.

The Chargers got 2 picks from Haden, and 1 each from Talib and Jenkins. Brandon Spikes and Cameron Jordan each forced a fumble, one of which Talib recovered. Likely Rookie of the Year Dont'a Hightower had another sack, with Jordan and Shaughnessy each adding one as well.

The Raiders got pick sixes from Polamalu (who had 2 picks total) and Williams, with McGee also adding a pick. Kampman and Kendricks each had a sack.

---
gg MA! Glad to start out this division rivalry with a win. Good luck in the playoffs!

Chargers finish the season 14-2 and head into their bye week fully healthy and ready for action.

Looks like despite throwing 7 TDs in Week 17, RGIII couldn't catch the resting Rivers for the season lead. MVP here I come. ;)

Hemingway did manage to squeeze AJ Green past Brandon Marshall though.

Good game man. I know it's nitpicking...but Clausen actually STARTED the game and then I benched him after he overthrew Mike Wallace right into your safety's hands on the ONLY play all game where I actually beat the press lol. I guess I need to work on my offense...14 out of my 17 points came on pick-sixes :/ my QB situation is terrible...I'd be willing to take Flynn off your hands if you're up for trading him next season lol, he looked pretty good from what I saw.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Good game man. I know it's nitpicking...but Clausen actually STARTED the game and then I benched him after he overthrew Mike Wallace right into your safety's hands on the ONLY play all game where I actually beat the press lol. I guess I need to work on my offense...14 out of my 17 points came on pick-sixes :/ my QB situation is terrible...I'd be willing to take Flynn off your hands if you're up for trading him next season lol, he looked pretty good from what I saw.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, guess I wasn't paying too much attention to who was in early.

Flynn is definitely not too bad, though he is nowhere near as deadly as Rivers.

[quote name='bvharris']Looks like despite throwing 7 TDs in Week 17, RGIII couldn't catch the resting Rivers for the season lead. MVP here I come. ;)

Hemingway did manage to squeeze AJ Green past Brandon Marshall though.[/QUOTE]

yeh i thought i was already leading the WR thing but late in my game it poped up that i beat the record and i was like shit thought i had that lol.

but yes your had a great season with Rivers.

r we advancing at 8 even though im pretty sure no one else is going to play there games anyways

[quote name='DVO21']Still advacning at normal time right[/QUOTE]

Im advancing us as soon as i can get on

Edit: We have advanced. 2 of the games are against cpu teams, so i expect a fairly quick advance.

Ive reached out to the 3 owners with remaining games. Hopefully, ill hear back soon with a better idea of when advance will be.

[quote name='bvharris']Did Raiders-Texans end up as a CPU game as well? I thought Blade had the Texans.[/QUOTE]

Idk, i didnt really get a chance to check the games that did get played. I know blade was leaving at the end of the season but i did see him ask about playing his opponent. Maybe he played and then left the league after?

Wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just a bit surprised by the lopsided score and I noticed they were currently unowned, that's all.

Oh yeah I know lol, I didn't mean to come off as defensive...just wanted to clear that up! I guess that did sound a little blunt now that I went back and re-read it :/

No response, so the good news is that we have advanced. The bad news is my internet company is a fuckup and im without internet again. Ill be calling them when im done this post, so ill keep everyone posted.

Looking forward to Chargers-Raiders II. Winning without my full team the last time is certainly good for the confidence, but I'm never going to underestimate MA.

i cant believe i had a 17 point lead in our last matchup and he came back so fast and won the game i was shocked i was in that game in the first place but even more shocked when he came back like that. MA is for sure a great player

So the internet company is sending someone back out tomorrow morning so i presume that hem an i would be available tomorrow evening.

Chargers fall to the Raiders 23-20 in OT. MA played a fine game, but if there was ever a game in which one guy got "Madden'd" it was definitely me in this one. Between Charles and his 99 carry coughing up a fumble, Keller fumbling on the goal line after a 3rd down conversion, and Rivers fumbling in his own territory in OT (and the Raiders falling on all three) it was pretty clear lady luck wasn't with me in this one. Sometimes that's the way it goes I guess.

[quote name='bvharris']Chargers fall to the Raiders 23-20 in OT. MA played a fine game, but if there was ever a game in which one guy got "Madden'd" it was definitely me in this one. Between Charles and his 99 carry coughing up a fumble, Keller fumbling on the goal line after a 3rd down conversion, and Rivers fumbling in his own territory in OT (and the Raiders falling on all three) it was pretty clear lady luck wasn't with me in this one. Sometimes that's the way it goes I guess.[/QUOTE]

QFT!!

Madden even tried to throw me a Roughing the Passer penalty in overtime which would have put me close to field goal range, but I would've woken up in cold sweats in the middle of night for the rest of my life if I accepted that lol. Well technically I DID accept it (after a short pause)...but I felt guilty immediately after so I punted it away.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']QFT!!

Madden even tried to throw me a Roughing the Passer penalty in overtime which would have put me close to field goal range, but I would've woken up in cold sweats in the middle of night for the rest of my life if I accepted that lol. Well technically I DID accept it (after a short pause)...but I felt guilty immediately after so I punted it away.[/QUOTE]

You just knew your deal with the Madden Gods was ironclad. :lol:

Sure enough, Rivers fumbled on the ensuing drive. I don't think I've been strip sacked all season until then. ;)

Anyone mind if I trade MA Rivers, Charles and Marshall in advance of next week's game (assuming it's against Hem)? All I ask is you send them back after.

[quote name='bvharris']You just knew your deal with the Madden Gods was ironclad. :lol:

Sure enough, Rivers fumbled on the ensuing drive. I don't think I've been strip sacked all season until then. ;)

Anyone mind if I trade MA Rivers, Charles and Marshall in advance of next week's game (assuming it's against Hem)? All I ask is you send them back after.[/QUOTE]

man you really don't like me huh lol. anyway my game is going down at 6 est.

[quote name='Hemingway012']man you really don't like me huh lol. anyway my game is going down at 6 est.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense, I like you just fine. I hate the way you play Madden, but that's not personal. I think you're a really cool gent. :D

That doesn't change the fact that I'm rooting for MA though. I want him to win it all now.

[quote name='bvharris']Nonsense, I like you just fine. I hate the way you play Madden, but that's not personal. I think you're a really cool gent. :D

That doesn't change the fact that I'm rooting for MA though. I want him to win it all now.[/QUOTE]

i see ok i can live with that.

bread's done
Back