*Madden NFL 09 CAG Online League* (Game Comes Out 8/12)

[quote name='tdot3dahardstout']i just created the cag nfc i sent all the nfc users i psn message somebody on the afc gotta make the league there division[/quote]

did op tell u to do this? cause if not ull be confusing the crap out of everyone even though youre trying to be helpful haha.

did op tell u to do this? cause if not ull be confusing the crap out of everyone even though youre trying to be helpful haha.
it really dont matter cuz he in the afc he the colts he can only do an afc league..... so some1 has 2 do the nfc so i just said 2 myself ill do it even if i dont run it maybe it will hel the prosses move a lil faster u feel me

[quote name='tdot3dahardstout']it really dont matter cuz he in the afc he the colts he can only do an afc league..... so some1 has 2 do the nfc so i just said 2 myself ill do it even if i dont run it maybe it will hel the prosses move a lil faster u feel me[/quote]

You've already done it, but I think that you're just confusing the situation too.

There's nothing in Madden that would prevent the OP from setting up two leagues. Yes, we're going to have an AFC and NFC leagues but that isn't a setting in putting the leagues together. The OP was going to do it manually so that we wouldn't have to play 31 games.

We're all anxious to get going and I'm sure we're hear from the OP with an update soon. Just rest easy that no one else is playing league games.

I'd just as soon let the OP call the shots for now.

Ight than 4get it imma delte every1s invites n just wait 4 dis man.....but i dont see how he culd put all of us in one league n just split us in2 2 divisions....but if i sent u a request just ignore it.......

[quote name='metrognome'] Where is the op at anyway?[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know.. I would say we should move on without him after a week or two. If doesn't at least post in here to let us know what's going on.

[quote name='js1']That's what I want to know.. I would say we should move on without him after a week or two. If doesn't at least post in here to let us know what's going on.[/quote]

I don't know that we should wait that long. I'm for giving the guy a chance, but he's the one who said it would be up on Saturday.

I'll drop him a PM and see if that gets his attention.

If he's not on soon, we should have someone who is on almost everyday(atleast tries) to setup the league. I am waiting to get my ass kicked :)

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I don't know that we should wait that long. I'm for giving the guy a chance, but he's the one who said it would be up on Saturday.

I'll drop him a PM and see if that gets his attention.[/QUOTE]

lol:), that's funny that you said that because initially I wanted to type "he has two days to let us know, or we move on without him." But I figured you guys thought that it would be to harsh. I'm ready to get started! If I have to I'll run it!(If I make the time)

[quote name='0x3g3n']If he's not on soon, we should have someone who is on almost everyday(atleast tries) to setup the league. I am waiting to get my ass kicked :)[/QUOTE]

i've been playing at least one game of madden a day(since last week), and I'm almost on at least once a day to play whether it just me, my son, or me and my wife playing Pixel Junk Monsters.

Calm down people, We all have lives here, just give it until friday for the league to start and then if it isn't started then we can go from there. besides we all need some pratice with the game anyway.
I trust the OP and I will support everyone. besides no matter what it takes a lot to get 32 people coordinated anyway.
so just be patient trust me we will get this started soon enough.

thanks again and everyone please be patient

[quote name='smiggity']Any spots left? My copy should be here in a few days...[/QUOTE]

What up smggity! Didn't know you played madden.Let me know when you get it so we can play some time. Anyway, The Giants are left;Sprintfinance dropped out. i'm sure other spots will open up because 32 people is alot to maintain though more than a few games. I have a feeling that people will eventually start to drop out..

For sure...I just was pissed @ the BS that was Madden 08 so I didnt get it. I will take the Giants if I have to, but I would gladly trade places with whoever has the Detroit Lions. Gotta rep the hometown squad no matter how sorry they are...You running with the Chargers?

[quote name='smiggity']For sure...I just was pissed @ the BS that was Madden 08 so I didnt get it. I will take the Giants if I have to, but I would gladly trade places with whoever has the Detroit Lions. Gotta rep the hometown squad no matter how sorry they are...You running with the Chargers?[/QUOTE]

I wish I had grabbed the chargers, but I came into this a little late, ended up with the jags. So , I got lucky and ended up with a good team anyway. I did not play madden last year; This is the 1st madden I've bought in a few years and it is pretty tight, I've had some good games online so far and it's been fun. The game has gotten me even more amped for the real NFL games to start!

Im So Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something came up and I had to take care of it!

I will take care of this league I promise! Its cleared up now. Im really sorry! I want to play as bad as you guys....

[quote name='HustlerKid']Im So Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something came up and I had to take care of it!

I will take care of this league I promise! Its cleared up now. Im really sorry! I want to play as bad as you guys....[/QUOTE]

It's cool man. ;) I think we just wanted to know that you were still interested(or alive). We ALL have things that come up, that's life so it's understandable.

[quote name='js1']It's cool man. ;) I think we just wanted to know that you were still interested(or alive). We ALL have things that come up, that's life so it's understandable.[/quote]

Yeah, word. Totally cool. Just wanted to know what was up. I need more time to practice anyway.

[quote name='HustlerKid']Im So Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something came up and I had to take care of it!

I will take care of this league I promise! Its cleared up now. Im really sorry! I want to play as bad as you guys....[/quote]

Its cool bro. just let us know when everything is set up. We gonna have a lot of folks to have to line up schedules anyway to get all these games done.

I'm out of the league, so the Buccaneers are available.

The more I've played this game, the more I understand how fundamentally flawed the running game is. When defenders can instantly break their blocks at the line and hit you with the full force of a linebacker whenever they wish, it's clear that this series is headed back in the direction it used to be--pass 80% of the time, run the rest.

Not to mention how the Madden IQ is one of the worst things ever to happen to this series.

[quote name='Plinko']I'm out of the league, so the Buccaneers are available.

The more I've played this game, the more I understand how fundamentally flawed the running game is. When defenders can instantly break their blocks at the line and hit you with the full force of a linebacker whenever they wish, it's clear that this series is headed back in the direction it used to be--pass 80% of the time, run the rest.

Not to mention how the Madden IQ is one of the worst things ever to happen to this series.[/quote]

The running game might be the best it's ever been. Don't turbo until you hit the hole and you can break out of tackles this year.

Madden IQ isn't a big deal at all. I haven't used it once and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Hang in there, don't quit.

[quote name='primetime']The running game might be the best it's ever been. Don't turbo until you hit the hole and you can break out of tackles this year.

Madden IQ isn't a big deal at all. I haven't used it once and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Hang in there, don't quit.[/QUOTE]

that's good advice...

I was in practice mode, and hitting turbo at the right time can pretty much mean the difference between a 3 yard run and an 8-10 yard run.

[quote name='primetime']The running game might be the best it's ever been. Don't turbo until you hit the hole and you can break out of tackles this year.

Hang in there, don't quit.[/QUOTE]

I'm the type of guy who uses turbo before hitting the hole everytime, its just a habit, it feels weird running without having the turbo held down

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'm the type of guy who uses turbo before hitting the hole everytime, its just a habit, it feels weird running without having the turbo held down[/QUOTE]

everyone makes that mistake. Even on the kick off, you can't hold down turbo is you're about to engage in a block because you'll get knocked down easily.

[quote name='Thomas96']that's good advice...

I was in practice mode, and hitting turbo at the right time can pretty much mean the difference between a 3 yard run and an 8-10 yard run.[/quote]

Great advice. I'll have to try it!

Hang in there, don't quit.[/quote]

I knew somebody would respond with this.

Turbo isn't the problem--I don't use it unless I'm in the open field. The problem is the fact that defensive lineman who are tied up can magically break the block and suction onto you from a yard away--even while in mid-block. Never mind the fact that they hit with the same power as a linebacker charging from 5 yards away.

[quote name='Plinko']I knew somebody would respond with this.

Turbo isn't the problem--I don't use it unless I'm in the open field. The problem is the fact that defensive lineman who are tied up can magically break the block and suction onto you from a yard away--even while in mid-block. Never mind the fact that they hit with the same power as a linebacker charging from 5 yards away.[/QUOTE]

You are very right Plinko.It seems to be the opposite of the "suction"blocking on offense. I have noticed this a lot the more I run the ball. The way it is set up it makes it hard to run the ball between the tackles. I've had some good gains on the ground you just have to get past the d-line first..

I still try to run the ball,sometimes I end up with 35-50 yards other games I've played 50+ it's really a crap shoot, it depends on your team and how good the player/other team is..
Now if I could shut down the passing game.

The turbo thing has almost always been true about madden because as soon as you turbo, the CPU/AI does the same.

Have any of you guys faced players who are "cheesers" or those who just plain do cheap,dumb $hit? I played a guy earlier today his name was MLF_2124 he all game long did nothing but onside kicks, dropping back like ten yards to pass(he threw about 2-3 picks) I almost beat him, but my wife was giving me a hard time about playing when we had to go some where and the jerk beat me 21-17(I was winning 17-7 @ half) after he did a QB sneak on 4 and goal,(on 2nd down he did a kneel down play)

I should have smashed this dude if it wasn't for my wife changing channels, etc..

My advice is if you can find guys that play the game properly, and with some sportsmanship stick with with playing those guys...

How many of you guys actually have the game?

[quote name='js1']You are very right Plinko.It seems to be the opposite of the "suction"blocking on offense. I have noticed this a lot the more I run the ball. The way it is set up it makes it hard to run the ball between the tackles. I've had some good gains on the ground you just have to get past the d-line first..

I still try to run the ball,sometimes I end up with 35-50 yards other games I've played 50+ it's really a crap shoot, it depends on your team and how good the player/other team is..
Now if I could shut down the passing game.

The turbo thing has almost always been true about madden because as soon as you turbo, the CPU/AI does the same.[/quote]

just do outside runs. the inside runs collapse almost immediately. LB's that are in zone coverages will chase u down.

[quote name='Furashu']just do outside runs. the inside runs collapse almost immediately. LB's that are in zone coverages will chase u down.[/QUOTE]

My thing is that you would think that it would be easier to run inside, off tackle is not so bad, instead of doing pitches and toss plays. But I think it really depends on who has what team.

I've had some success running up the middle. Not any big runs...but I've gotten some gains in the 8 yard range or so a number of times. Usually out of the I-form and just follow your lead blocker. Don't hit the sprint until you get to the hole...and use the right stick to try to power through. Also I try and flip the play if the D is overloaded on one side...I'll flip it to the weaker side at the line of scrimmage. It can be effective if you mix it in.

As far as the "cheesers" -- agreed...it's really really annoying. This is why I try not to play just random people online, who go for every 4th down, run the hurry up offense all game, and then when they fall behind quit or disconnect -- even on *unranked* games. Go figure.

I try to stick to playing people I know or people from groups like CAG who at least try to play the game like a true football game. :D

Feel free to add me up, while I'm not the greatest player, I play fair and play to have fun. My PSN is funkydb

[quote name='Plinko']I knew somebody would respond with this.

Turbo isn't the problem--I don't use it unless I'm in the open field. The problem is the fact that defensive lineman who are tied up can magically break the block and suction onto you from a yard away--even while in mid-block. Never mind the fact that they hit with the same power as a linebacker charging from 5 yards away.[/QUOTE]

its not as bad as it used to be. Now you can see which of the D-Line are about come free. Same with linebackers, if you see your lead blocker get knocked out by a linebacker then you know to run the other way. Or to use your stiff arm... if you get hit while sprinting its easier for you to be knocked down.
You really have to pay attention to the blocking by the online and the lead blocker if you have one. Sometimes you're lineman get so free that they can get into the linbacker area. sometimes you have to be patient when you run, hitting the hole immediately isn't always the best option, sometimes you have to stay behind your line and then make a move.

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']I've had some success running up the middle. Not any big runs...but I've gotten some gains in the 8 yard range or so a number of times. Usually out of the I-form and just follow your lead blocker. Don't hit the sprint until you get to the hole...and use the right stick to try to power through. Also I try and flip the play if the D is overloaded on one side...I'll flip it to the weaker side at the line of scrimmage. It can be effective if you mix it in.

As far as the "cheesers" -- agreed...it's really really annoying. This is why I try not to play just random people online, who go for every 4th down, run the hurry up offense all game, and then when they fall behind quit or disconnect -- even on *unranked* games. Go figure.

I try to stick to playing people I know or people from groups like CAG who at least try to play the game like a true football game. :D

Feel free to add me up, while I'm not the greatest player, I play fair and play to have fun. My PSN is funkydb[/QUOTE]

now... Madden strategy, I've played guys who've used the hurry up offense. But how do you stop it... How does one change the pay without having to call timeout... Press pause and change your Audibles to the play (or Plays) that you need to stop the play (or plays) that your opponent is using during the hurry up. The problem is that people aren't prepared with their audibles when they face an opponent whose using audibles. Now if your defense gets tired, during the non huddle offense attack then you should call timeout. However if there's a pay that you need to call and you don't have it in your audible set, pause the game and add what you need.

Honestlly, most of the time, whenever you see someone changing their play, I don't change my play. Most of time they're just doing that to make you nervous. When you pick your play you're just trying to ensure that the matchups are right. 3 linbakcers vs 4 WRs is always a bad choice. So if you in nickel and they start audibles, don' t change leave it right there, and there ans see how it goes.

[quote name='Thomas96']now... Madden strategy, I've played guys who've used the hurry up offense. But how do you stop it... How does one change the pay without having to call timeout... Press pause and change your Audibles to the play (or Plays) that you need to stop the play (or plays) that your opponent is using during the hurry up. The problem is that people aren't prepared with their audibles when they face an opponent whose using audibles. Now if your defense gets tired, during the non huddle offense attack then you should call timeout. However if there's a pay that you need to call and you don't have it in your audible set, pause the game and add what you need.

Honestlly, most of the time, whenever you see someone changing their play, I don't change my play. Most of time they're just doing that to make you nervous. When you pick your play you're just trying to ensure that the matchups are right. 3 linbakcers vs 4 WRs is always a bad choice. So if you in nickel and they start audibles, don' t change leave it right there, and there ans see how it goes.[/quote]

haha when they no huddle, u hitstick them, ure players get tired after playing 3 straight plays, notice the icon becomes red.
the more fatigued u are the greater chance of fumbling.
my friend no huddled for 4 straight minutes, got into the redzone threw a flat route to his rb i sticked him and bam fumbled.

Have many of you guys gone to the EA sports world website? It's kind of cool. It keeps your stats, you create an avatar for the website and for the EA games, view and post videos;add friends and more.

The EASportsworld site is cool. I uploaded a couple videos from in game to it just to test it out. Nothing that great, just a pair of touchdowns I got in an online game, more to just see how it works.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4622528

On the hurry up thing...it definitely has it's place, I use it myself at times where it makes sense...I just find it funny when someone tries to use it for the entire game and then can't understand why they're not doing so good :lol:

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']The EASportsworld site is cool. I uploaded a couple videos from in game to it just to test it out. Nothing that great, just a pair of touchdowns I got in an online game, more to just see how it works.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4622528

On the hurry up thing...it definitely has it's place, I use it myself at times where it makes sense...I just find it funny when someone tries to use it for the entire game and then can't understand why they're not doing so good :lol:[/QUOTE]

Dumb question how do I post videos?

I don't remember it step by step but at the end of the game, there are options to watch highlights or something like that. You can create and save clips of plays. After you save the clips you can view them in game under My madden or something like that, and it will give you the option to upload the clips to easportsworld. It lets you save 10 clips at a time to the website.

I know, not great instructions, but that'll give you an idea of where to look. It's pretty self-explanatory once you know it's there...I didn't know you could do it until someone else mentioned it and I started poking around.

So are the league servers still down. Why hasn't the season started for our league? I actually won a game against the CPU last night so I think I'm a stud now and am itching to go. :)

The league servers seem functional now. I joined a test league with a couple a friends and it was working fine. Any chance this CAG league is going to get off the ground? :D

I haven't seen a post from the OP since the one where he apologized for not having it up when he originally said he would. don't know what the deal is, but it might be best if we waited for the first patch since there are still a few hiccups in the game. doesn't mean we cant all get our reps up against each other by adding friends and playing straight up online games.

bread's done
Back