March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, one difference is that the BFG edition actually lets you hold a wepaon and a flashlight at the same time.

[quote name='J7.']Is Doom 3 BFG on PS3/360 better than the original Doom 3 on PC? I heard the original Doom 3 on PC is better than Doom 3 BFG on PC.[/QUOTE]

Im due to renew my sub. These deals have been quite sub par lately. If not for the $20 reward certificate for certain preorders, I don't think id bother anymore....

[quote name='Slight Defect']Im due to renew my sub. These deals have been quite sub par lately. If not for the $20 reward certificate for certain preorders, I don't think id bother anymore....[/QUOTE]
You do know the upcoming PM policy change right? That makes the $20 Promo, much, much less appealing.

Well damn I mine as well return the $23 walmart pm'd copy & rebuy with the coupon in DE to save tax.
"$22" off that's a weird amount but ok, already scored Tekken for $20 months ago via TRU pm & ZOE HD has been on 50% clearance for sometime too. Nice coupons/AC prices though still think they need to increase the overall amount of coupons & add in vita/3DS too. Hopefully, it's voted up/enacted by summer.

ACR is kinda tempting. I wonder if Gamestop has a higher trade in for it than that...Tekken Tag and ZOE are tempting as well.

MW3 would be if it weren't for all that DLC though...

[quote name='TooPoor']You do know the upcoming PM policy change right? That makes the $20 Promo, much, much less appealing.[/QUOTE]There's still deals you just gotta make the right match count like last weeks TRU GC deal. TRU will be the best place going forward

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's a common misconception.[/QUOTE]not to BB SD's has made a negative rep with BB & CAG's presence on the BB forums/CAG BB affiliate links has caused alot of growth/change.

[quote name='althe']As far as I know, one difference is that the BFG edition actually lets you hold a wepaon and a flashlight at the same time.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but you can do that with the original version with a free mod. From what I know, I could be wrong, the original PC version allows a lot of great mods that the BFG does not.

[quote name='J7.']Is Doom 3 BFG on PS3/360 better than the original Doom 3 on PC? I heard the original Doom 3 on PC is better than Doom 3 BFG on PC.[/QUOTE]

The HD patch made by whomever is better than the HD work they did on BFG for PC, yes.

Also - Doom 3 BFG only has 600 cheevos, the other 400 are divided into the PSN/XBLA titles of DOOM 1 & 2. (Also if you already bought DOOM 1 & 2 it is completely worthless since all it does is provide access to said digital titles.)

Basically this was a huge money grab for a very inferior product. It would have been much better if DOOM 1 & 2 were actually on the disc. Also, the HD work could have been done a lot better, but maybe because of the 3D they couldn't? Idk.

I guess I'll check and see if my store has those brochures in. If not, anyone willing to part with their DBZ Kinect Coupon?

[quote name='StryderOmega']
Basically this was a huge money grab for a very inferior product. It would have been much better if DOOM 1 & 2 were actually on the disc. Also, the HD work could have been done a lot better, but maybe because of the 3D they couldn't? Idk.[/QUOTE]

Doom 1 & 2 are on disc in the ps3 version.

wouldnt mind dbz kinect for $5 but my subscription ended back in october and I dont feel like renewing...wish I could just buy this issue in store. :(

[quote name='MR_E']Doom 1 & 2 are on disc in the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

Touché so the 360 community just got screwed on this one. (Forgot DOOM didn't make it to psn.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Touché so the 360 community just got screwed on this one. (Forgot DOOM didn't make it to psn.)[/QUOTE]

Given what you posted, what version of Doom 3 would you buy? I have it on Xbox 1 but I heard that version was actually changed significantly?

Doom did make it to PSN, but it's different from what made it to 360 XBL.

A 'Doom Classic Complete' bundle shoots onto PSN today for PS3, and it includes Ultimate Doom, Doom 2: Hell on Earth, The Master Levels and No Rest for the Living expansions for Doom 2, and Final Doom. The price rockets in at $14.99.

The Master Levels and Final Doom weren't included in the recent release of Doom 3: BFG Edition. Master Levels contains 20 independently designed levels for Doom 2 (21 if you're counting the secret level). Final Doom offers two standalone Doom 2 mods, The Plutonia Experiment and TNT Evolution, and was officially distributed by Doom developer id Software back in 1996.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/doom-classic-complete-hits-psn-today-includes-master-levels-and/

Just bought ZoE for $22 used last week. Booo!
I bought ZOE HD Limited Edition at Best Buy for like $20-30 when they had that sale for like 24 hours until it sold out. I cannot remember but I think it was like $25 or $30.

[quote name='HCHecxz']If not, anyone willing to part with their DBZ Kinect Coupon?[/QUOTE]
You sure you can share coupons? If you can I'd gladly give it to you.

[quote name='Emoney244']You sure you can share coupons? If you can I'd gladly give it to you.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to make a good scan of the coupon and then we can all enjoy it. Although for reasons I'll never understand it's against the rules here to share scanned coupons.

[quote name='loxthefox']Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.
[/QUOTE]
I just renewed in store and got an email that I requested to change it to digital, which I never did. I was wondering what that was about

Might be in for Doom 3 if it drops in price a bit more.

I need to look up Zone of the Enders. It's a game I've heard about over the years, but I really know nothing about.

AC:R?? I actually bought that game once, but sold it since I hadn't played it by the time AC3 came out. For $8, I might buy it again and set it on my shelf. :)

Wait... is it digital for everyone? Even those that requested a physical copy? If so i dont think i'll bother renewing next time. These coupons are getting worse and worse, and without a physical copy i probably cant use a coupon a couple times anymore

The magazine going digital might be a bad sign. But they had to know everyone only got it for the coupons so maybe not. I've flipped through a few issues, and the one I bought was SO full of errors and a lack of research that it was disgusting. Not to mention they only have a few reviewers and they don't have a wide reaching taste in games between them. Bare minimum, they don't know shit about fighting games.

That said, I might pick up TTT2, Doom 3 BFG, or ZoEHD.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']The magazine going digital might be a bad sign. But they had to know everyone only got it for the coupons so maybe not. I've flipped through a few issues, and the one I bought was SO full of errors and a lack of research that it was disgusting. Not to mention they only have a few reviewers and they don't have a wide reaching taste in games between them. Bare minimum, they don't know shit about fighting games.

That said, I might pick up TTT2, Doom 3 BFG, or ZoEHD.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was in part because the magazine printer/distributor went under.

[quote name='J7.']Given what you posted, what version of Doom 3 would you buy? I have it on Xbox 1 but I heard that version was actually changed significantly?

Doom did make it to PSN, but it's different from what made it to 360 XBL.

A 'Doom Classic Complete' bundle shoots onto PSN today for PS3, and it includes Ultimate Doom, Doom 2: Hell on Earth, The Master Levels and No Rest for the Living expansions for Doom 2, and Final Doom. The price rockets in at $14.99.

The Master Levels and Final Doom weren't included in the recent release of Doom 3: BFG Edition. Master Levels contains 20 independently designed levels for Doom 2 (21 if you're counting the secret level). Final Doom offers two standalone Doom 2 mods, The Plutonia Experiment and TNT Evolution, and was officially distributed by Doom developer id Software back in 1996.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/20/doom-classic-complete-hits-psn-today-includes-master-levels-and/[/QUOTE]

Well I like Doom 3 BFG, don't get me wrong. That short extra campaign actually isn't really that short (especially if your playing it on Hard.) besides that is the main reason why I bought it in the first place.

However, if I wasn't a Doom nut I would probably examine it as so:

Do I use 3D ever?
There is a better HD version available on PC for cheaper, can my computer handle the HD patch?
Does the flashlight really bother me to justify $40?

Also the multiplayer for this game on XBL was dead on arrival. I mean it works, but no one was ever playing it.

By the way, the flashlight never bothered me that much in the first game as I barely ever used it.

[quote name='eastx']Someone needs to make a good scan of the coupon and then we can all enjoy it. Although for reasons I'll never understand it's against the rules here to share scanned coupons.[/QUOTE]

Scanned coupons hurt Best Buy and @Gamer because it keeps their subscription base from growing. Personally, I'd like to see both stick around and scanned coupons are certainly not going to help.

Also, why should some people pay the annual fee to get the coupons while someone just posts a scan and everyone else gets them for free? That's BS.

It's only $15 for a year's worth of coupons. The subscription pays for itself if you use just one coupon or preorder one qualifying game the entire year.

I would imagine you agree with my sig, but completely out of context...

[quote name='Kenshindono']Wait... is it digital for everyone? Even those that requested a physical copy? If so i dont think i'll bother renewing next time. These coupons are getting worse and worse, and without a physical copy i probably cant use a coupon a couple times anymore[/QUOTE]

You still need it to get preorder certificates

[quote name='Dund3r']I would imagine you agree with my sig, but completely out of context...[/QUOTE]

No, I certainly don't want the magazine to go out of business, nor do I fault people who buy it. I just don't personally enjoy buying the magazine (though I sometimes do just that).

[quote name='TooPoor']You do know the upcoming PM policy change right? That makes the $20 Promo, much, much less appealing.[/QUOTE]

Damn, didn't hear about this and had to look it up. Just my luck that I finally have a game I want to preorder.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, didn't hear about this and had to look it up. Just my luck that I finally have a game I want to preorder.[/QUOTE]

What changed can't find it anywhere?

[quote name='DRKnight']What changed can't find it anywhere?[/QUOTE]

15 days for a pm opportunity rather then the current 30\60 (silver) days

[quote name='R3DNate']I bought ZOE HD Limited Edition at Best Buy for like $20-30 when they had that sale for like 24 hours until it sold out. I cannot remember but I think it was like $25 or $30.[/QUOTE]

They actually cancelled my order. :( They're going to send me a coupon/gift card/discount code for my next purchase. Hopefully it's a free $30 GC. ;)

Edit: On the topic of the magazine going digital. I honestly don't mind the magazine going digital. I honestly can't remember reading any of the articles posted. I can simply load the coupons on my smartphone, and save money getting deals.

Well after last March's amazing deals with $5 Mass Effect 2, Rage, Bulletstorm, and $10 Arkham City I am extremely dissapointed in this month's offering. Maybe I'd be a bit more excited if I didn't already own most of these games.

[quote name='StryderOmega']The HD patch made by whomever is better than the HD work they did on BFG for PC, yes.

Also - Doom 3 BFG only has 600 cheevos, the other 400 are divided into the PSN/XBLA titles of DOOM 1 & 2. (Also if you already bought DOOM 1 & 2 it is completely worthless since all it does is provide access to said digital titles.)

Basically this was a huge money grab for a very inferior product. It would have been much better if DOOM 1 & 2 were actually on the disc. Also, the HD work could have been done a lot better, but maybe because of the 3D they couldn't? Idk.[/QUOTE]
Are you serious man? The BFG doesn't look like Rage by any stretch, but it is still far better than the HD patch for standard Doom 3. And this is hardly an inferior product. It's a collection with Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3 with a bit of extra content thrown in. You knew what you were getting when you bought it. If you already bought Doom and Doom 2 on XBLA, why are you complaining that the same game is already here? I don't know how it is on Xbox, but on PS3 the games are on disc so you are at least saving some storage space on that console.

I bought this game at launch for a little over $26, and while I haven't gotten around to Doom 3 RoE or the extra content yet, I'm pretty damn happy with the game as a whole. Dual weilding the flashlight was a very minor annoyance that could be fixed with a mod, but I like what they've done here where your flashlight needs a few seconds to recharge, but you can use it with your gun. The HD looks great (although I don't have a 3D TV/monitor so I haven't tried that yet). The game isn't as populated as CoD by a long shot, but it's far from dead; I've never had a problem getting multiplayer going in any of the Doom games (co-op or deathmatch). My only real complaint is that we ONLY get the game; I would have killed for an artbook or some other supplemental material discussing the making of these games. After all, few games have been as influential as Doom.

As for the rest of these coupons, pass. I am a DBZ fanatic but I still have 0 interest in DBZ Kinect. Assassin's Creed Revelations was on sale at BB for $10 less then a year ago and it's pretty lame that they are repeating sales. Tekken 2 would be a good deal if it included the WiiU version (easily the best version of the game). Battlefield 3 isn't a bad deal but I'm not about to renew just for that alone.

And what's all this about the magazine going digital only? That's the first I heard of this. Does that mean you can use the coupons online now? Most importantly, does this mean you can no longer buy a single issue for $5?

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']You still need it to get preorder certificates[/QUOTE]
I thought pre-order certificates were for all @Gamer members? Do you have to have a paid subscription to get the certificate?
I was just about to pre-order Injustice after the reveal of Sinestro/Hawkgirl and the new game footage sold me, but I'm not putting down $15 to get a $20 certificate. Especially when they haven't offered any deals that appealed to me since last March.

[quote name='Havok83']I just renewed in store and got an email that I requested to change it to digital, which I never did. I was wondering what that was about[/QUOTE]

The magazine is still in print? I was reading somewhere about digital and I thought paying $15 for a digital magazine seemed strange.

[quote name='rcerboss']Well after last March's amazing deals with $5 Mass Effect 2, Rage, Bulletstorm, and $10 Arkham City I am extremely dissapointed in this month's offering. Maybe I'd be a bit more excited if I didn't already own most of these games.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, has it been that long already? That means my renewal is coming up then.

Im definitely getting DBZ Kinect. My cousin has been asking me to get it just so he can do a Kamehameha, so it's worth $5 to get him off my back.

As for the digital copies, I really hope I can still get my printed copy. I usually read through the mag while eating breakfast.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They actually cancelled my order. :( They're going to send me a coupon/gift card/discount code for my next purchase. Hopefully it's a free $30 GC. ;)

Edit: On the topic of the magazine going digital. I honestly don't mind the magazine going digital. I honestly can't remember reading any of the articles posted. I can simply load the coupons on my smartphone, and save money getting deals.[/QUOTE]
My order got cancelled as well.

I spoke to a rep on the phone, and told me that I would get a replacement gift card sent since I no longer have that card.

After checking my email, I noticed that I got a free $10 code to use online as an apology for the cancellation. Moments later I received another $10 online only code. Two unique codes. Sometimes it really makes me wonder how BB survives if they give the money/credit away like this.

Anyone know how the digital people will get the coupons? I can't access the iPad app (keep getting an error) but don't care if I get the coupons emailed to me

[quote name='shadowkast']15 days for a pm opportunity rather then the current 30\60 (silver) days[/QUOTE]

It should be clarified that you have 15 days to PM Best Buy/Bestbuy.com -- there is no post-purchase PMing competitor prices. You can only PM competitor prices at the time of purchase only.

[quote name='joshnorm']Anyone know how the digital people will get the coupons? I can't access the iPad app (keep getting an error) but don't care if I get the coupons emailed to me[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that you receive 2 emails - 1 email grants you access to the digital version of the magazine, the other email contains your monthly coupons. I recently renewed so this upcoming issue will be my first digital issue.

[quote name='Dund3r']It should be clarified that you have 15 days to PM Best Buy/Bestbuy.com -- there is no post-purchase PMing competitor prices. You can only PM competitor prices at the time of purchase only.
.[/QUOTE]
So is the post pming competitor prices gone for everyone?(silvers?)

[quote name='jiggyteddy']My order got cancelled as well.

I spoke to a rep on the phone, and told me that I would get a replacement gift card sent since I no longer have that card.

After checking my email, I noticed that I got a free $10 code to use online as an apology for the cancellation. Moments later I received another $10 online only code. Two unique codes. Sometimes it really makes me wonder how BB survives if they give the money/credit away like this.[/QUOTE]

At least you were compensated. If I get a $10 code, I'll use it for ZOE once the coupon drops. Still waiting on that email though.

[quote name='Manifest95']Wow, has it been that long already? That means my renewal is coming up then.

Im definitely getting DBZ Kinect. My cousin has been asking me to get it just so he can do a Kamehameha, so it's worth $5 to get him off my back.

As for the digital copies, I really hope I can still get my printed copy. I usually read through the mag while eating breakfast.[/QUOTE]

I guess there's no point in mentioning this because it's so rare/valuable now, but DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Wii is a fantastic game. You use standard punches and Ki blasts with buttons, but a rather ingenious system combines using the D-Pad and waggle to act out special attacks like Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb, Special Beam Cannon, ect. With the D-Pad tied into it the game never misreads your attack, the Wiimote controls are surprisingly responsive, and acting out the attacks is a lot more fun that it should be for a grown man my age :lol:. And it supports GC/CC support so you can use the standard controller if you prefer. It has online multiplayer but it's so broken/laggy it's better to just ignore it, even though for some reason it's still fairly active. I'd still reccomend it over DBZ Kinect anyday if you can find it without paying a fortune, aside from SSBB and Mortal Kombat it's easily one of my favorite fighters.

So I just re-subscribed last month to get the $5 Prototype 2, and now that everything is digital, how do we actually get our coupons? Does anyone know?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I just re-subscribed last month to get the $5 Prototype 2, and now that everything is digital, how do we actually get our coupons? Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Email

Edit:
*shakes fist at Daz*

bread's done
Back