March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rcerboss']You would think that wouldn't you?
I don't know if the @Gamer coupons are different for some reason, but I have never been able to get a Best Buy employee to honor my Reward Zone coupons or gift certificates when I've pulled them up on my phone.
In their defense every time this has happened they have given me access to a computer to log into my email and print out the coupon and then accept it, with only one exception. But I have never been able to get them to take any coupon digitally.

So I guess I am wondering if you have to download a special app or something for this to work? I always just pulled the link up on my phone through my email or my Best Buy member's page.[/QUOTE]

Your store needs to freshen up on policies then. MyRewardZone has it detailed more in their terms for certs.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']But the coupons still only work for the subscribers and for in-store only?[/QUOTE]

The coupons itself shouldn't require a GCU member to redeem them.

The digital coupons work in-store only.

[quote name='kito87']Anyone willing to share the link???[/QUOTE]

To what? The mag requires an account id and the coupons are 1 time use.

[quote name='thereefernander']Here we got a small pamphlet with actual coupons in it. (Work at bb)[/QUOTE]

So are the coupons available to anyone who buys the pamphlet? or are people forced to enroll into he full year in order to activate those coupons?

de1dc305d293ea7bf42c7ac.jpg

@Gamer magazine is going entirely digital! Any new or renewing members of Gamers Club Unlocked will be signed up to receive the digital version of @Gamer, which allows customers to receive the magazine quicker and access their copies via iPads, Android powered tablets, or web browser.

You should receive two separate emails per @Gamer edition. One of the emails should inform you that your new edition is ready to be downloaded and the other email should allow you to print off the gaming coupons included in each edition. All current members who receive the print edition of @Gamer will receive the remainder of their 10 magazine subscription and will be signed up for the digital version if they choose to renew their GCU membership.
Bioshock Infinite will be this upcoming month's cover. I also copy and pasted a quote from one of the BB connectors regarding the shift to digital only. Current print subscribers will continue to receive the rest of their subscription in print unless they renew, which will force them to digital immediately.

P.S. Digital subscribers can access the Bioshock Infinite issue right now.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Anybody know when this issue will be in stores?[/QUOTE]
When the coupons go active which is this Sunday.

[quote name='htz']

P.S. Digital subscribers can access the Bioshock Infinite issue right now.[/QUOTE]

We can? I don't seem to have access to it. I log-in and it still brings up the Joker Jan/Feb issue.

EDIT: nevermind, now it works.

[quote name='htz']When the coupons go active which is this Sunday.[/QUOTE]
That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. fucking Best Buy.

Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. fuck

[quote name='htz']When the coupons go active which is this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Is @gamer always like that? Seems odd that the March issue isn't out yet.

[quote name='Fukurou']That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. fucking Best Buy.

Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. fuck[/QUOTE]

As TooPoor said, they did have a price drop. And you can still use the coupon now and get it for $15 new, which is cheaper than you will find it anywhere else. But hey, we all know there's no room for "perspective" around here.

[quote name='Fukurou']Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. fuck[/QUOTE]

He's the Enforcer Of Justice and keeps CAG sort of family friendly. I wouldn't want it any other way...

SNESbox.jpg

[quote name='Kerig']I was reading this thread at work today to figure out what's what, and my @Gamer magazine was in my mailbox waiting for me when I got home :)

While DBZ:K is tempting for $5, I'll have to pass after watching Angry Joe do one of his best reviews I've seen to date:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71FzemwVQU[/QUOTE]

Ironically, the short length, repetitiveness and lack of challenge are all selling points for me because of my massive backlog. :)

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure when the current physical subscribers will be forced to transition to the digital version, but yes, you will get sent an email from Best Buy Reward Zone with two links. The top link in the email will be for the digital magazine and the bottom link will be for the digital coupons. Both links will clearly differentiate the content between the magazine vs. the coupons. Note that the coupons specifically state "one-time use" with a unique barcode for the cashier to scan. The coupons will no longer be using a standard SKU for the POS anymore.

To access your digital mag, you will need to know your @Gamer account number. This is not the same as your RZ account number. For physical subscribers, the @Gamer account number is displayed on the mailing label of your most recent physical issue. For digital subscribers, an email with your @Gamer account number will be sent to you upon initial registration. So for physical subscribers, I would make sure that you do not throw away your most recent mag as it's likely you will not be getting the email that includes your @Gamer account number. You will not need to know your @Gamer account number to access your coupons as the link will take you directly to your coupons.

I can see this transition confusing a lot of CAGs so maybe we should include my post in an OP somewhere for the 10% that actually read the OP :)[/QUOTE]

I agree this is a very good post that should be in the OP. Thanks Donut. This is exactly what I was looking for when reading this thread.

[quote name='Fukurou']That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. fucking Best Buy.

Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. fuck[/QUOTE]

I don't know how the fuck to do that sh!t either.

[quote name='Kerig']He's the Enforcer Of Justice and keeps CAG sort of family friendly. I wouldn't want it any other way...

SNESbox.jpg
[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah motherfucker. I completely agree.

[quote name='Kerig']I was reading this thread at work today to figure out what's what, and my @Gamer magazine was in my mailbox waiting for me when I got home :)

While DBZ:K is tempting for $5, I'll have to pass after watching Angry Joe do one of his best reviews I've seen to date:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71FzemwVQU[/QUOTE]
Wow... Just... wow. I cannot believe anybody could mess up a DBZ game like that. I thought to myself "no matter how bad people say this is, it cannot be that bad." I was wrong. I wouldn't take this piece of crap for free. It's Duke Nukem ForNever all over again...

[quote name='Deader2818']I actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Game only got a ton of hate because it was in development forever.[/QUOTE]

Ditto and the dlc campaign was even better!

[quote name='momshotdad']could I price match amazon for doom 3 and use the $20 off? makes it $10 afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Won't work.

Been discussed.

Read thread.

[quote name='Deader2818']I actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Game only got a ton of hate because it was in development forever.[/QUOTE]
Then you'll love Aliens: Colonial Marines. Go. Buy now!

[quote name='Drclaw411']I hate being pissed on for liking Duke Nukem Forever.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I was not a big fan was that aside from the nostalgic feelings I had, there are just so many other games that are better, so it fails because of how the bar has been raised - not necessarily because it's a bad game.

For example, take Bulletstorm and it's similar style of one-liners. Obviously, no Duke, but tons more fun to play than a sub-par FPS on every level.

Woot, magazine came in the mail today! I like the BioShock Infinite cover because it's a slightly glossy.

Battlefield 3 for $15? I already got it for $10 with a previous coupon but I sold it already, I don't think I'll buy it again.

[quote name='ooga']Ironically, the short length, repetitiveness and lack of challenge are all selling points for me because of my massive backlog. :)[/QUOTE]

+1 and it is DBZ...for $5 I am all over that shit.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Why cant they let you get the coupons online and use them online? I dont live near one of your stores, Best Buy![/QUOTE]

Well with one time use UPC codes and being linked to GCU accounts, it can be a step in the right direction.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I hate being pissed on for liking Duke Nukem Forever.[/QUOTE]

As do I for enjoying the classic Where the Heart Is but it's our cross to bear

But, anyone know when the digital coupons come? I want to make sure they don't want to miss out but my digital copy still can't be accessed so I'm worried

[quote name='joshnorm']As do I for enjoying the classic Where the Heart Is but it's our cross to bear

But, anyone know when the digital coupons come? I want to make sure they don't want to miss out but my digital copy still can't be accessed so I'm worried[/QUOTE]

It'll come, just be patient. I was freaking out when I first went digital as well. It definitely comes in a more timely manner than the mag did.

So what happens if one of the games the coupon is for is on clearance at a local Best Buy? Will the coupon still work on it for the full discount?

Anyone know if you get the welcome coupons again when you renew your subscription to @Gamer? I renewed at the end of January but never received any coupons. Just wondering if I am missing out on coupons I should have received...

Edit: after browsing the BBY forums, looks like I might be missing the coupons.

[quote name='Dund3r']Anyone know if you get the welcome coupons again when you renew your subscription to @Gamer? I renewed at the end of January but never received any coupons. Just wondering if I am missing out on coupons I should have received...

Edit: after browsing the BBY forums, looks like I might be missing the coupons.[/QUOTE]
I never got any either.
I asked the same question awhile back and a couple guys on here said no.

bread's done
Back