March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Magazine is going digital this issue, but for whatever reason, the coupons are still available in store. It's in a brochure showing a preview of the magazine and talking about RZ Unlocked. There's also no UPC on it outside of the Unlocked sign-up UPC so it could actually be free. I'll try to get pictures up later.

Anyway, the coupons. Valid from 3/3 - 4/6:

$25 off Battlefield 3 (Standard) (PS3 & 360) - $15 AC
$25 off Dragon Ball Z Kinect (360) - $5 AC
$22 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) - $8 AC
$20 off Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$10 off Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Pre-Owned (PS3 & 360) - $10 AC
$40 off Turtle Beach Ear Force DX12 - $80 AC

EDIT: An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

EDIT 2: Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']So I just re-subscribed last month to get the $5 Prototype 2, and now that everything is digital, how do we actually get our coupons? Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

They email them

Edit i type too slow. that's why i hardly post. by the time i'm done typing a dozen people have already answered and moved on :)

Guess I should not have let my subscription lag. I was not buying enough to renew the sub and figured if I ever wanted to pay for unlocked again, it would be easy to buy a mag in store while I wait the 2-3 months for my subscription to actually process. CAG! Somebody should have called me and told me about these changes! :)

For all interested in Doom 3: BFG Edition, the PC version is on sale for 9.99 through 11:59 PST tonight on Newegg. You have to use promo code EMCXVVP33. It have been watching it go in and out of stock the last two days so you might just check every once in a while if you're interested.

You guys are confusing the hell out of me (which doesn't require any degree of skill btw). My subscription does not run out until September of this year, and I have been getting the hard copy of the magazine until last month (the issue never made it to me for some reason). So should I expect to still get the hard copy of the magazine until my current subscription runs out?

[quote name='DRKnight']What changed can't find it anywhere?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']15 days for a pm opportunity rather then the current 30\60 (silver) days[/QUOTE]

Not only that, you can't PM post-purchase with anywhere except BB/BB.com within the window.

[quote name='ooga']You guys are confusing the hell out of me (which doesn't require any degree of skill btw). My subscription does not run out until September of this year, and I have been getting the hard copy of the magazine until last month (the issue never made it to me for some reason). So should I expect to still get the hard copy of the magazine until my current subscription runs out?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that you will continue to receive paper copies of the magazine until your subscription runs out/you renew (although I have heard of people being converted to digital while still having an active subscription). Paper copies are basically being phased out.

[quote name='Dranakin']Not only that, you can't PM post-purchase with anywhere except BB/BB.com within the window.[/QUOTE]

It's true. So true, in fact, that I said this on the previous page. :D

[quote name='Dund3r']My understanding is that you will continue to receive paper copies of the magazine until your subscription runs out/you renew (although I have heard of people being converted to digital while still having an active subscription). Paper copies are basically being phased out.

It's true. So true, in fact, that I said this on the previous page. :D[/QUOTE]

So then this means that buying individual issues for $5 is no longer an option?

[quote name='whitereflection']It was answered four posts above yours.[/QUOTE]

Sorry not sure how I missed that. I had skimmed the 2 previous pages before I posted. Anyways, thanks guys.

Seriously, I've been a member of Gamer's Club and signed up for @gamer since last May, I've probably only gotten two new issue email notifications since then. Shoddy, shoddy system they have there.

I joined for the $10 Witcher 2, but everything has been seriously downhill since then (other than the $20 Pre-order bonuses).

[quote name='Dund3r']Scanned coupons hurt Best Buy and @Gamer because it keeps their subscription base from growing. Personally, I'd like to see both stick around and scanned coupons are certainly not going to help.

Also, why should some people pay the annual fee to get the coupons while someone just posts a scan and everyone else gets them for free? That's BS.

It's only $15 for a year's worth of coupons. The subscription pays for itself if you use just one coupon or preorder one qualifying game the entire year.

I would imagine you agree with my sig, but completely out of context...[/QUOTE]

The digital coupons are tied to your GCU membership so my guess would be scans would lead to a person GCU being cancelled. Good way to waste $15.

got a near new ZOE at gamestop recently so no go there

have TT2 on both systems so no go

might pick up revelations to play it on xbox cause with friend.

as for dbz i am a shameless dbz whore so im sure ill get it for 5 dollars lol

this is assuming my subscription which ends in march includes the march coupons

I'm not an @gamer subscriber. Is there any way for me to get in on this? If I buy a copy of the magazine in store will the coupons be in it? I'd like to get in on DBZ Kinect if possible.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm not an @gamer subscriber. Is there any way for me to get in on this? If I buy a copy of the magazine in store will the coupons be in it? I'd like to get in on DBZ Kinect if possible.[/QUOTE]

You can either subscribe for $15 or buy a single magazine for $5. Either way, you'll get the coupons. It's up to you to decide which is the better value.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ain't nobody got time fo' digital!:bomb:

They gon' make ya' girl start bar-b-que-ing, bar-b-que-ing, bar-b......[/QUOTE]

.....and making Mac & Cheese.

I am curious how this will work for me. I subbed to GCU at the end of December. I have not received the @Gamer magazine in the mail at all. I called BB who transferred me to the magazine company. They said I should receive my magazine in sometime in March. They didn't say anything about the digital switch or coupons. Anybody else have a similar case?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ain't nobody got time fo' digital!:bomb:

They gon' make ya' girl start bar-b-que-ing, bar-b-que-ing, bar-b......[/QUOTE]
I think somebody broke ChunLiBarbie.

I don't understand why people care for the dumb magazine anyway.

It is much easier to pull up the coupons on my phone during check out then having to remember to take the coupon with me. (Let alone hope my Gf doesn't throw it out before hand)

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't understand why people care for the dumb magazine anyway.

It is much easier to pull up the coupons on my phone during check out then having to remember to take the coupon with me. (Let alone hope my Gf doesn't throw it out before hand)[/QUOTE]

Some of us like physical reading material. Others like the smell of new magazines.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't understand why people care for the dumb magazine anyway.

d)[/QUOTE]

I'm not allowed to take my laptop in the Bathroom, they will flag it

I haven't read anything in the magazine that isn't just pure hype fest.

So what good is it besides the coupons? Anyway don't base your subscriptions on just the magazine alone. Digital is fine and it seems to work a lot smoother than the physical copies of the magazine anyway. Plus all the GCU deals you get. (Double points every day on any gaming related item)

So reading over the thread, I like some others, am really confused if those of us who have been getting the magazine in physical form are going to get it in digital this time? Do they send you a different link for the coupons?

Oh wow, I just noticed that Best Buy is the only one that has Doom 3 BFG for $40... everywhere else is at $30 >.<
I really hope that BB will sell it for $30 so I can use the coupon XD

Could someone point me in the direction on where to find info about Best Buy's price match? I've read several different places that it's changing (has changed?) and haven't been able to find out exactly what it is.

[quote name='jmel932']Could someone point me in the direction on where to find info about Best Buy's price match? I've read several different places that it's changing (has changed?) and haven't been able to find out exactly what it is.[/QUOTE]Should be officially on BB.com w/i days since it goe into effect shortly

[quote name='jmel932']Could someone point me in the direction on where to find info about Best Buy's price match? I've read several different places that it's changing (has changed?) and haven't been able to find out exactly what it is.[/QUOTE]

I wrote an article highlighting some of the changes for my website. Fair warning, it is as much a short opinion piece as it is a news piece. One update since I wrote the article, it appears that silver members still get 60 days. If they don't they'll have a bunch of really pissed silver members who got emails at the end of February about how they get silver for the year and it mentioned 60 days and then they changed the policy about a week later.

[quote name='TimesTicking']Oh wow, I just noticed that Best Buy is the only one that has Doom 3 BFG for $40... everywhere else is at $30 >.<
I really hope that BB will sell it for $30 so I can use the coupon XD[/QUOTE]
This is YMMV even though it shouldn't be, but starting in March they are supposed to start price matching a ton of websites. And coupons should stack with sales prices if I'm not mistaken.

But I know one of the Best Buy's in my area still won't stack the coupons with their own sale prices and don't even honor their own sale prices half the time, so YMMV

[quote name='rcerboss']This is YMMV even though it shouldn't be, but starting in March they are supposed to start price matching a ton of websites. And coupons should stack with sales prices if I'm not mistaken.

But I know one of the Best Buy's in my area still won't stack the coupons with their own sale prices and don't even honor their own sale prices half the time, so YMMV[/QUOTE]

That's just unacceptable imo. The coupon itself says in plain language "stacks with sale prices". If my Best Buy ever gave me that trouble I would file complaint after complaint until the General Manager of the store was forced to explain him/herself to corporate and I learned why they were giving me trouble, and why I wasn't receiving what I paid for.

Best Buy customer service over the phone in my experience is pretty responsive to complaints if they're valid. They say, at least, that they take them very seriously.

Just saying, I wouldn't let that slide. To me it's worth the small amount of time to call.

[quote name='rcerboss']This is YMMV even though it shouldn't be, but starting in March they are supposed to start price matching a ton of websites. And coupons should stack with sales prices if I'm not mistaken.

But I know one of the Best Buy's in my area still won't stack the coupons with their own sale prices and don't even honor their own sale prices half the time, so YMMV[/QUOTE]

Gamer coupons and Price Matching do not stack. This was severely discussed with the Dragons Dogma coupon in December. Systemically wont go thru. YMMV if a manager manually throws the amount off for you.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Gamer coupons and Price Matching do not stack. This was severely discussed with the Dragons Dogma coupon in December. Systemically wont go thru. YMMV if a manager manually throws the amount off for you.[/QUOTE]

Stryder is correct, applying a coupon on a BB sale price should work, applying a coupon with a price match has never worked, and still won't without a mgr override.

I wondered why my magazine never showed up last month. It still says I'll be getting a copy in the mail this month but we'll see if that actually happens or not. If anyone does can they post here so I know I need to be complaining to someone. (Not that I really want any of the games this month)

It is much easier to pull up the coupons on my phone during check out then having to remember to take the coupon with me. (Let alone hope my Gf doesn't throw it out before hand)[/QUOTE]
Some of us commute for work.

There isn't net access for the entire subway system in NYC.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Some of us commute for work.

There isn't net access for the entire subway system in NYC.[/QUOTE]

But if you have a tablet then you can download it. Cause I am sure it's super safe to sit out with an iPad reading a magazine on the NYC subway...since there is never crime there....

But yeah this all digital trend really screws people who slug to work or take the public system like here in DC area... I don't feel safe pulling out a expensive item on the metro system since its so easy to snatch and go.

[quote name='joshnorm']But if you have a tablet then you can download it. Cause I am sure it's super safe to sit out with an iPad reading a magazine on the NYC subway...since there is never crime there....

But yeah this all digital trend really screws people who slug to work or take the public system like here in DC area... I don't feel safe pulling out a expensive item on the metro system since its so easy to snatch and go.[/QUOTE]

im so confused lol, are you being sarcastic?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So reading over the thread, I like some others, am really confused if those of us who have been getting the magazine in physical form are going to get it in digital this time? Do they send you a different link for the coupons?[/QUOTE]

Not sure when the current physical subscribers will be forced to transition to the digital version, but yes, you will get sent an email from Best Buy Reward Zone with two links. The top link in the email will be for the digital magazine and the bottom link will be for the digital coupons. Both links will clearly differentiate the content between the magazine vs. the coupons. Note that the coupons specifically state "one-time use" with a unique barcode for the cashier to scan. The coupons will no longer be using a standard SKU for the POS anymore.

To access your digital mag, you will need to know your @Gamer account number. This is not the same as your RZ account number. For physical subscribers, the @Gamer account number is displayed on the mailing label of your most recent physical issue. For digital subscribers, an email with your @Gamer account number will be sent to you upon initial registration. So for physical subscribers, I would make sure that you do not throw away your most recent mag as it's likely you will not be getting the email that includes your @Gamer account number. You will not need to know your @Gamer account number to access your coupons as the link will take you directly to your coupons.

I can see this transition confusing a lot of CAGs so maybe we should include my post in an OP somewhere for the 10% that actually read the OP :)

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure when the previous physical subscribers will be forced to transition to the digital version, but yes, you will get sent 2 emails from @Gamer to the email address that was registered under your RZ account. One email will be a link for the digital magazine itself. The second email will be a link for the digital coupons. Both emails will clearly differentiate the content between the magazine and the coupons in the subject line. Note that the coupons specifically state "one-time use" with a unique barcode for the cashier to scan. The coupons will no longer be using a standard SKU for the POS anymore.

To access your digital copies, you will need to know your @Gamer account number. This is not the same as your RZ account number. For physical subscribers, the @Gamer account number is displayed on the mailing label of your most recent physical issue. For digital subscribers, an email with your @Gamer account number will be sent to you upon initial registration. So for physical subscribers, I would make sure that you do not throw away your most recent mag as it's likely you will not be getting the email that includes your @Gamer account number.

You can look at the @Gamer emails as your login link, and your @Gamer account number as your password.

I can see this transition confusing a lot of CAGs so maybe we should include my post in an OP somewhere for the 10% that actually read the OP :)[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, the link to the coupons you don't need any of that info, just click the link.

Thankfully....

So unless you really want to read this magazine, there is very little hassle.

[quote name='StryderOmega']If I remember right, the link to the coupons you don't need any of that info, just click the link.

Thankfully....

So unless you really want to read this magazine, there is very little hassle.[/QUOTE]

You would think that wouldn't you?
I don't know if the @Gamer coupons are different for some reason, but I have never been able to get a Best Buy employee to honor my Reward Zone coupons or gift certificates when I've pulled them up on my phone.
In their defense every time this has happened they have given me access to a computer to log into my email and print out the coupon and then accept it, with only one exception. But I have never been able to get them to take any coupon digitally.

So I guess I am wondering if you have to download a special app or something for this to work? I always just pulled the link up on my phone through my email or my Best Buy member's page.

[quote name='StryderOmega']If I remember right, the link to the coupons you don't need any of that info, just click the link.

Thankfully....

So unless you really want to read this magazine, there is very little hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yup you're right. You only need to know your @gamer acount number if you want to access the digital mag. The link for the coupons won't require it.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yup you're right. You only need to know your @gamer acount number if you want to access the digital mag. The link for the coupons won't require it.[/QUOTE]

But the coupons still only work for the subscribers and for in-store only?

bread's done
Back