Mario Kart Wii - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm not much of a show off but manual was the difference between first and second for me at least once. I was playing someone much better than me and I was using slow ass acceleration Funky Kong. It was pretty much what the Time Trial world record does at the end of Rainbow Road. The person in front was Daisy or Rosalina or something. Anyway he got hit by a blue shell and I was in second, sill pretty far away though. At the last part with the three boosts I started power sliding into the first one, slid over to the second one, got the boost and the mini-turbo, started drifting the other way, went into the third boost, and just before the person in first passed the finish line I mini-turbo'd past the finish line before him. Was awesome.

And I also fucking hate starring things in 150cc. Mirror is gonna be a nightmare.

[quote name='wubb']I'm the OTT and GGT king of Mario Kart. I don't understand your use of quotes. :whistle2:k OG Kings are always self declared. This is all by the book.

And nope I've been Auto all the way. :cool: Manual is for show-offs and elitists.[/quote]

I must've missed it when you started running around calling yourself the king in the ggt. Cause if I had seen it I might've had to challenge that title. Actually I might still want to , once I can be sure I have a stable internet connection.

There will be Mario Kart Monday this evening.

Next week on the other hand, I cannot attend. :whistle2:( I will be in the Chicago area checking out the area for the first time in a while (because it's a possible place I may be living in my future).

I don't think I'll be there tonight. :cry:

[quote name='StarKnightX']I must've missed it when you started running around calling yourself the king in the ggt. Cause if I had seen it I might've had to challenge that title. Actually I might still want to , once I can be sure I have a stable internet connection.[/QUOTE]

I welcome all challengers. I'm also the Tetris King of the OTT. :cool:

I did defeat your champion, daroga, as part of my initial claim.

[quote name='wubb']I don't think I'll be there tonight. :cry:

I welcome all challengers. I'm also the Tetris King of the OTT. :cool:

I did defeat your champion, daroga, as part of my initial claim.[/quote]

Which version of tetris?

I'll try and see if I can be there tonight , but I have no idea how well my connection may hold up. It seems to be working pretty good so far today , haven't had a single dropout *Knocks on wood*.

I'm online now and only see Daisydog online. If no one else is on, we may just do SOME regional.

EDIT: Sorry, I got into regional to join Daisydog.

Sorry, I jumped out of the game figuring you did, then I saw you back on. :lol:

I hate that it does that. It's like,
"Hey, your friend is online. Want to quit this and go join them?"
"Sure!"
"Sucker! Your friend was in the process of joining you! Now you must start all over and hope that they don't do the same thing you just did. Blah ha ha!"
":cry:"
--

Thanks for joining me Mana. In that short a time we managed to play Ryuk from Death Note. Zoidberg from Futurama, and Meg from Family Guy :lol:
You had a nice come back on the desert stage. Good job!

I'll be in regional for a little while longer.

So I just got this and am probably not very good yet. I need to register people's FC. I'll do Daisydog's and Mana Knight's for now and get online.

I guess I am done with this game. Against similarly rated players, it is just a crap shoot whether you win or get hosed. The items are ridiculous. I guess if you are drunk and don't give a shit, it would still be fun.

I finally was able to locate a copy of the game. I PM'd alot of you confirming that I entered your FC. Hope to see everyone online.

[quote name='Travirtus']I finally was able to locate a copy of the game. I PM'd alot of you confirming that I entered your FC. Hope to see everyone online.[/quote]
Sure, I'll register you. I'm playing right now if you want to race me.

Wubb, where were you? We had a blast :lol:
Thanks for showing up Andy and Jeffrie. My VR rating is officially 9999 :bouncy:

Man, that was fun! When it was just me, Jeffrie, and some guy dressed in black. We raced for an hour just the three of us. I ran away with a lot of those but for the ones I didn't, I flat out stole the race :lol: My favorite was on Peach Beach. I was in third (after eating my 2nd blue shell) and I saw Jeffrie with three red shells. I waited for you to throw them at the guy dressed in black, and then I just used my mushrooms to blast past the both of you for a 1st place finish.

But I need to apologize for a few things. That banana on Maple Treeway. I'll admit that was pretty mean. Sorry it made you slip off the stage Jeffrie.
And I may have shoved an unavoidable fake item block into the face of the other guy... right after he got hit by a blue shell :oops:

And the reason I disappeared on that Mario Snes course was because I got disconnected! :bomb: That scared me half to death! Luckily I only lost 48 points for that.

[quote name='Daisydog']Wubb, where were you? We had a blast :lol:
Thanks for showing up Andy and Jeffrie. My VR rating is officially 9999 :bouncy:

Man, that was fun! When it was just me, Jeffrie, and some guy dressed in black. We raced for an hour just the three of us. I ran away with a lot of those but for the ones I didn't, I flat out stole the race :lol: My favorite was on Peach Beach. I was in third (after eating my 2nd blue shell) and I saw Jeffrie with three red shells. I waited for you to throw them at the guy dressed in black, and then I just used my mushrooms to blast past the both of you for a 1st place finish.

But I need to apologize for a few things. That banana on Maple Treeway. I'll admit that was pretty mean. Sorry it made you slip off the stage Jeffrie.
And I may have shoved an unavoidable fake item block into the face of the other guy... right after he got hit by a blue shell :oops:

And the reason I disappeared on that Mario Snes course was because I got disconnected! :bomb: That scared me half to death! Luckily I only lost 48 points for that.[/QUOTE]

oh man, i remember that banana, i yelled so loud. as for holding the red shells. i never threw anything at that guy all night. every shell i kept to try and beat you. i kind of smiled when you dropped out, seeing my 1st place victory. and i won the next race while you were gone.

but as long as i'm competitive, i'm happy.

edit - i think my favorite track was the 64 bowser castle when we had a lot of back and forth. you kept on beating me by drafting, i was just being lazy and driving straight.

[quote name='Daisydog']Wubb, where were you? We had a blast :lol:
Thanks for showing up Andy and Jeffrie. My VR rating is officially 9999 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. :bow:

Yeah I ended up not being able to hop on. Sorry about that. :cry:

I feel like I got mugged. Last night it put me against 3 other 9000s and everyone else was around 8800. We stayed as a group for quite a while. It was lots of fun but my rating took a big hit.
Combine that with two disconnects this morning, which alone took over 400+ points, and I get to start all over again :applause:

It's like its saying, "I hate you this much"

[quote name='Daisydog']I feel like I got mugged. Last night it put me against 3 other 9000s and everyone else was around 8800. We stayed as a group for quite a while. It was lots of fun but my rating took a big hit.
Combine that with two disconnects this morning, which alone took over 400+ points, and I get to start all over again :applause:

It's like its saying, "I hate you this much"[/QUOTE]

it seems like when i'm having the best time, my rating takes the biggest hit. it's great when you're playing against great competition. and there's a lot of back and forth. but it always sucks when you're ratings take a hit. it takes so long to build that up, for me anyways.

Calling out another cheater: [len] antho used the Grumble Volcano cheat to win while everyone else was on their second lap. There wasn't even enough time for anyone else to complete the race. (he gets to be pink today)
He cheated so my SNES Bowser's Castle race is still more impressive. Take that! :lol:

Randall, I saw you on Peach Beach but then I got disconnected. Wish you could have stayed around for a while. And that I could remember your user name :oops:

edit:
[quote name='dmunkee']Hey Daisydog, I'm Randall (RandL on Brawl as of late). My connection was a little wonky on my end as well, I'll have several good online games, then get inexplicably disconnected :bomb:
[/quote]
dmunkee! That's it!
My connection is the same way and I've lost countless VR points because of it. I don't know if it's on my end or not because Brawl works just fine, and Mario Kart just started acting up within the past 2 months or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Daisydog']
Randall, I saw you on Peach Beach but then I got disconnected. Wish you could have stayed around for a while. And that I could remember your user name :oops:[/quote]
BlueLobstah's thread of MK Wii friend codes should have his username and MK name.

Hey Daisydog, I'm Randall (RandL on Brawl as of late). My connection was a little wonky on my end as well, I'll have several good online games, then get inexplicably disconnected :bomb:

Wow, as I was typing this, my girlfriend and uncle just got destroyed online by Flasht3/DarkKnight. They quit :lol:

[quote name='VioletArrows']Stupid USPS taking forever with my game. Everyone's probably going to be bored of playing by the time I get it. XP[/quote]
Don't worry Violetarrows, I didn't play it online yet. I'm going to unlock more characters and play online with you.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']To let everyone know, I'm around to play Mario Kart Monday tomorrow. :D[/quote]
I'll be watching Prison Break, so I'll be 30 minutes late. I'll be there, just later than usual.

Thanks Mana and Shane. It's still tough racing in a kart! But I did much better this time. I actually won on Wario Stadium :lol:

edit: oh I'm logging off of Mario Kart now. My brother is whining about wanting to download.

I have added:
suko
DaisyDog
wubb
Doomed
hero

I think only Daisy has added me as of yet. Like hero, I'm a little late to the party so I'm a little low on friends. PM me if you add me.

Oh well, I had fun playing with StarKnightX's brother and Daisydog. Hopefully more remember the next time. I'm debating about playing Mario Kart Wii sometime on Thursday (sometimes after 8pm EST, closer to 9pm EST) since it's my birthday, but I'm trying to verify my plans.

bread's done
Back