Mario Kart Wii - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='SnorE']my code is in my sig. if anyone adds me let me know

Mario Kart: 2793-2640-1682/snore[/QUOTE]

i'll add you.
i tend to only play on mondays these days though.
you should to, it's usually 6:30 eastern time.

edit. my bad 6:30 pacific.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, some of the random Mii's I see in regional matches are kind of creepy IMO. CAGs look fine, but some of the ones I see, seriously.

If SnorE, that's cool, I'll get the Mario Kart Wii Code in (I'm doing house keeping anyway with my buddy list).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']IMO, some of the random Mii's I see in regional matches are kind of creepy IMO. CAGs look fine, but some of the ones I see, seriously.

If SnorE, that's cool, I'll get the Mario Kart Wii Code in (I'm doing house keeping anyway with my buddy list).[/QUOTE]

The celeb ones can be fun. Woah, Snoop Dogg plays MK! lololololol soisoisoisoisoi

The only ones that bug me are people that use Hitler or something along those lines. But I just :roll:

Strange. I have only seen one "creepy" Mii and it was one made to look like Snoopy. Every other Mii I have seen looks like a normal person and is probably how these people look in real life. The funny part is their names. There are a lot of "DADDY" and such.

I've seen at least two Hitlers. :roll:

I always try to hit people named Dad, Mom, Grandma, etc more than your random schlubs. They're all wolves in sheep's clothing. :D

I finally took a break from online play to finish up mirror cup. I got the gold in every cup now, and 1-2 star ratings in every cup except 3 in mirror. I was going through them handily until I got to Wario's Gold Mine. During the final lap, in the final 1/3 of the lap, someone hit me with a blue shell right as I was in the air, causing me to drop straight down into the abyss. I finished 6th and even though I was 1st by a mile and maybe hit one wall for the other 3 tracks in the cup, I ended with an A rating. That was a good time to finish for the day. ;)

Am I the only one who keeps getting disconnected during online play? It's happening to me at least once every time I play online. Nothing has changed on my end. I still have the same internet and router settings. :whistle2:k

But at least it's been nice, only taking 100 VR points as opposed to the 400 it took from me those other times.
--

Funniest Mii I've raced: Dwight, from The Office :lol:

I have been disconnected probably 6 times ever. I play online at various times of the day. So far, the disconnections have only happened during prime time, between like 9pm and midnight, when WFC seems to be overloaded.

I have only been disconnected once during an actual race. The other times it would happen before I could get into the race or after the race ended.

Ok, flower cup can lick my balls. The races take forever. I always perform flawlessly until Wario's Gold Mine (the final track) and then I get knocked off in the last lap or some other random luckshit happens causing me to finish late in the race and end up with a rating of A or B. It's the last cup for me to star.

[quote name='SnorE']added buttle, doomed and mana i dont have your code...anyone up let me know[/QUOTE]My Code is in my CAG profile, take a look. I'll get to adding you on Monday.

EDIT: To let EVERYONE know. Mario Kart Monday will be on, even if I'm slow to get to the thread on Monday (I have personal issues right now and may not be at CAG much).

[quote name='Zing']I finally took a break from online play to finish up mirror cup. I got the gold in every cup now, and 1-2 star ratings in every cup except 3 in mirror. I was going through them handily until I got to Wario's Gold Mine. During the final lap, in the final 1/3 of the lap, someone hit me with a blue shell right as I was in the air, causing me to drop straight down into the abyss. I finished 6th and even though I was 1st by a mile and maybe hit one wall for the other 3 tracks in the cup, I ended with an A rating. That was a good time to finish for the day. ;)[/QUOTE]

The most frustrating cup to 1-2-3 star for me was the Mushroom. You got Mushroom Gorge as the 3rd race where you can get dropped between the mushrooms in many different spots with no warning via a lightning bolt or with some warning but still tough to avoid at times via the POW or blue shell.

Yesterday, I finally managed to get through Wario's Gold Mine. The highlight of that race was getting hit by a blue shell right when I was on a turbo boost thing, landing at an angle, and then being immediately boosted right off of the track.

So I have unlocked everything, have gold in every cup, and am rated 1-2 star in every cup. I think I have 2 star in about 25% of the cups, but I am not about to try to go through and 2 star everything, even though I could probably pull it off without too much effort.

Well, I dunno what the deal is, but in the past few days I have suddenly become extremely good online. I think part of it is my comfort level with the bikes is now concrete. I could never pick bikes or anything with tight handling because I wasn't used to it. Now I use the dolphin dasher or magikoopa every time and I am wheelie-ing it up with the best. I regularly find myself coming in 1-2 place against races filled with 8000+ rated people. I lose sometimes randomly, but was getting 80+ points per race. I went up over 1500 points in just a few hours last night. It's tapered off now that I am up there in the 8000s with the rest of them, but I still get about 40 points per win. I can see myself being in the 9000 range within a week.

I noticed that the race's speed seems to be determined by the average rating of all the players or something. We were consistently racing mirror last night, while the past week or two seemed to always be only 100c (with low rated players).

I also need to admit that I am a little disappointed that this game turned out to be Mario Bike instead of Mario Kart. I sometimes see people do well with a kart, but usually my races with the higher rated people are filled with bikes.

Apparently (although I admit Gamefaqs isn't the most reliable source) ihack@you released how he hax0red MK Wii online mode and there's a bunch more me too hackers now. Too lazy to check now though. :lol:

[quote name='Doomed']Apparently (although I admit Gamefaqs isn't the most reliable source) ihack@you released how he hax0red MK Wii online mode and there's a bunch more me too hackers now. Too lazy to check now though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ugh. If that's true Nintendo needs to figure out how to fix this asap or online will be lame.

I play online a lot every day and I have seen absolutely nothing suspicious.

Heh, there was one time when I was in first place at the start of the final lap and suddenly some dude bulleted past me... then he bulleted again... then I saw him do it again (by watching his icon on the mini map). I was thinking WTF it must be some sort of cheat. Then the race ended and I realized that I had still been in first the whole time and I guess I had lapped the guy. :drool:

I played a cheater yesterday. His name was Ricky and we were on Mushroom Gorge. He was the only one playing as Funky Kong, so I knew it was him. He was also in the 9000s so it was odd for him to be stopped right in front of the finish line.
Well I was leading that entire race. Schooling even the other 9000 guy. Then on the last lap, right as I was bouncing on the final 2 mushrooms, I all of a sudden became 2nd place. I finished the race and saw that Ricky had come in first! :bomb:

I guess that is similar the Grumble Volcano cheat, with shooting over to the volcano and the hidden checkpoints? He even voted for Grumble Volcano every single race but we never went there.

He only really beat me on Rainbow Road. Apparently there's some short cut I don't know about. Other than that, I won most of the races. The other guy actually had 9999vr, which gave me a ton of points for coming in 1st or 2nd.
-

Yes, I'll be here for Mario kart Monday.

I'm not sure I'll make MKM. I got Olympic fever bad. Also the Wii is hooked up to the main TV and I may not be able to wrangle it.

might be around for MKM what time does it usually start? I have to celebrate an anniversary with the girlfriend so we will see...also do you guys use skype or anything when your playing?

[quote name='SnorE']might be around for MKM what time does it usually start? I have to celebrate an anniversary with the girlfriend so we will see...also do you guys use skype or anything when your playing?[/QUOTE]9:30pm EST.

MKM > girlfriend. ;)

I'm just kidding. ;)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Skype sounds like a great idea for MKM. Who else is up for it?

The text bubbles only provide so much entertainment.[/quote]
I could, but being 13 I have an annoying high pitched voice. :cry: I'm also not 100% on having a working mic, but I think I do. Is Skype easy to use?
[quote name='Daisydog']
He only really beat me on Rainbow Road. Apparently there's some short cut I don't know about. Other than that, I won most of the races. The other guy actually had 9999vr, which gave me a ton of points for coming in 1st or 2nd.
-

Yes, I'll be here for Mario kart Monday.[/quote]
The only MG super shortcuts I know of is at the final turn with a mushroom and some luck you can shoot over the cliff onto the other side. Rainbow Road has a pretty easy shortcut that the time trial world record uses. When you have a mushroom, don't use it on the first bit pit. Do tricks off the sides to get a minor boost (not nessacary) then use the mushroom at the start of the turn to fly over the pit and at the end of the turn before the cannon.
I'll be here for MKM too.

---
Hosting a room now if anybody wants to play.

[quote name='Doomed']I could, but being 13 I have an annoying high pitched voice. :cry: I'm also not 100% on having a working mic, but I think I do. Is Skype easy to use?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be a problem as long as your voice hasn't reached that awkward squeaky stage. ;)

It's pretty easy to use, just need a skype login and mic and you're all set. I really am up for this if other people are interested in doing so if not only to satisfy the lack of voice chat.

[quote name='Doomed']
Rainbow Road has a pretty easy shortcut that the time trial world record uses. When you have a mushroom, don't use it on the first bit pit. Do tricks off the sides to get a minor boost (not nessacary) then use the mushroom at the start of the turn to fly over the pit and at the end of the turn before the cannon.[/quote]
Yeah, that's what he did to me. Thanks for the instructions. I'll have to give it a try :bouncy:
I just barely learned the DK Mountain shortcut. That one is terrifying if you don't get the right angle. Sometimes I just bounce off the guard rail and go strait into the gap :lol:

I need to get back into Mario Kart Mondays. Having a job where I have to go to bed early to get in on time doesn't help, especially since my "early" is EST. :cry:

[quote name='Daisydog']Yeah, that's what he did to me. Thanks for the instructions. I'll have to give it a try :bouncy:
I just barely learned the DK Mountain shortcut. That one is terrifying if you don't get the right angle. Sometimes I just bounce off the guard rail and go strait into the gap :lol:[/QUOTE]

i could do the dk mountain short cut every time on double dash. in order to quickly slow down and turn sharply, i'd lay off the gas and slide. but on the wii, your slide button doubles as your go backwards button. so, when i lay off the gas, i can't slide.
so, i've adjusted my method, but i can only do it 6 or 7 times out of 10. and when i do it, it's not as fast.

i've only done the rainbow road shortcut once. but it is very hard in my opinion. i think i'm going to just let that one go.

I need to get back into this game! I loved this on the N64 and have really enjoyed it on my Wii. This and Mario Galaxy are the main reasons I got the system in the first place!! :)

I

[quote name='Daisydog']Rig, I don't know if I got to register you. What's your friend code?[/quote]

I missed this, Daisydog. Mine is:

0344-9719-7413

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I guess if anyone wants to do the skype thing, I'll be on skype with the username scurker.[/QUOTE]I have Skype also. My username is in my CAG profile.

Gotta skip again tonight, guys. Between my work having me log on at night for emergencies and my newborn and her finnicky feeding schedule, it's tough to get scheduled playing time.

I hope I can return soon to keep up the bottom of the pack - I definitely need to as I want my golden wheel!

[quote name='Rig']I missed this, Daisydog. Mine is:

0344-9719-7413[/quote]
Thanks.

[quote name='SnorE']added bluelobsta,daisydog,mana knight,rig,walrus...anyone on now?[/quote]
Alright, I'll register you the next time I play.

[quote name='Daisydog']I played a cheater yesterday. His name was Ricky and we were on Mushroom Gorge. He was the only one playing as Funky Kong, so I knew it was him. He was also in the 9000s so it was odd for him to be stopped right in front of the finish line.
Well I was leading that entire race. Schooling even the other 9000 guy. Then on the last lap, right as I was bouncing on the final 2 mushrooms, I all of a sudden became 2nd place. I finished the race and saw that Ricky had come in first! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Mushroom Gorge also has an exploit around a mountain near the finish line, just like Grumble Volcano. You need a mushroom to get to it as far as I know.

I can see how even if you use automatic, you can get highly rated, since even the high rated people seem to suck, but are just slightly above average. I laugh when I see people going around corners with no boosts. It's neat to get online and join a race in progress, then I can see who the losers are. I pretty much slide & boost around every single corner and do a wheelie the rest of the time.

It's also weird watching the gamecube controller users. They don't turn smoothly. It's more like a tap tap tap as they go around corners.

[quote name='wubb']Manual is for show-offs. True pros use auto.[/quote]

Didn't you say before , after you proclaimed yourself the "king" of mario kart , that manual was the only way to play? Or have I been out of the loop for too long now?

I know I haven't been participating in MKMs for quite a while now , and I blame that almost completly on my internet connection. I'm gonna work on that problem over the next couple of days (since it's a problem thats gone on WAY too long now) and hopefully you'll see me again this coming monday.

I sent a PM to the OP so I can hopefully lead this thread and become the OP, or at least have the title of this thread updated to say Mario Kart every Monday, since I want more people at CAG to be aware of this.

Thanks SnorE. :D

[quote name='StarKnightX']Didn't you say before , after you proclaimed yourself the "king" of mario kart , that manual was the only way to play? Or have I been out of the loop for too long now?
[/QUOTE]

I'm the OTT and GGT king of Mario Kart. I don't understand your use of quotes. :whistle2:k OG Kings are always self declared. This is all by the book.

And nope I've been Auto all the way. :cool: Manual is for show-offs and elitists.

bread's done
Back