Mario Kart Wii - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='hero101']Someone add me. I have no friends. :bomb:
Added Suko & Daisydog & manaknight.[/quote]
Sorry, I've been playing pinball instead of Mario Kart :lol: I registered you today.

Mana, if I don't have my Brawl tournament match at that time I'll join you on Thursday, if you end up playing.

Just whoever's hosting, almost always TMK. From there if you're playing someone you want to add you can do it easily. When in the room with the peson, press "register" and then "let's be friends ____". The person will either accept or deny. If accepted, you are both instantly friends without fuxing around with friend codes.

Anybody on the west coast? I think most of the people I have as friends are east coasters and so they're usually done by the time I get into it (7pst at the earliest).

If so, add me and send me a PM!

Thanks!

monday night football is coming.
i was hoping that maybe we could change the night. wednesday or thursday works best for me.

am i the only one?

[quote name='hero101']Added Buttle, Jello, and Doomed FCs.[/QUOTE]

i'll add you next time i put in the disc.

[quote name='buttle']monday night football is coming.
i was hoping that maybe we could change the night. wednesday or thursday works best for me.

am i the only one?[/quote]
I'm growing concerned too. Prison Break is over by the time we do MK Monday. But then Heroes is back on September 22nd with a 2 hour premiere episode #-o

[quote name='Daisydog']I'm growing concerned too. Prison Break is over by the time we do MK Monday. But then Heroes is back on September 22nd with a 2 hour premiere episode #-o[/quote]

TV Schedule > Mario Kart. Proven fact :)

[quote name='hero101']Do I have to add everyone to join the mariokart online? I only have mana and some others.[/QUOTE]

Did you add me yet Hero? I already got you on my friends list.

[quote name='dmunkee']Did you add me yet Hero? I already got you on my friends list.[/quote]
I will add you next time I play the game. I'm watching anime dude. :lol: I'm hooked on Lucky Star too. I'm addicted to it actually.

[quote name='buttle']monday night football is coming.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daisydog']Prison Break is over by the time we do MK Monday. But then Heroes is back on September 22nd with a 2 hour premiere episode #-o[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dyeknom']TV Schedule > Mario Kart. Proven fact :)[/QUOTE]

That's what Tivos are for my friends. ;)

Doesn't really matter to me as long as its not Tuesday nights. I have friends over on Tuesdays every week.

I now have Mario Kart!!!

lets get to adding

on a side note, when heroes airs, it will be all I talk about

[quote name='Lurk']I now have Mario Kart!!!

lets get to adding

on a side note, when heroes airs, it will be all I talk about[/QUOTE]Add me most definitely. It will be fun playing another who lives near me. :) I'll get you added once I figure out who to remove.

[quote name='icpmattj']thanks i'll add you tomorrow probly.:cool:[/QUOTE]I'll get you added too. I know where your area is because I use to go past there a lot when heading back to college. Since I see you have a PS3, please considering joining CAG PSN gaming group (there's a thread started by me in the PS3 forum).

[quote name='BlueLobstah']That's what Tivos are for my friends. ;)

Doesn't really matter to me as long as its not Tuesday nights. I have friends over on Tuesdays every week.[/QUOTE]

ahh, i would love to have tivo. that would solve everything. tomorrow, i'm recording the seahawks on the good ol fashioned VCR at 10am while i'm at work. and then if i want to watch the next football game, i've got to put in another tape and record it, and then watch the first game on the first tape with the other VCR, which is in the bedroom so i'm stuck watching football while laying on the bed. and i'd also like to watch the us open. but i just don't know.

i went and checked the price. the monthly fee doesn't seem too bad. but the 150 dollar DVR, is there any way of getting around that?

It boggles my mind that anyone is still watching TV shows as they are broadcast. You can get them from bittorrent/usenet within hours, in HD and with no commercials. As a bonus, you can play video games any time you wish without missing your beloved shows.

I have a new respect for anyone with a rating of 9000+. I have been 8000 for about a week and I can't get any higher. Almost everyone in my regional matches are anywhere from 5000 to 7000 (if I am lucky). If I get 1st place, I get about 30 points. If I get 2nd place, I get anywhere from 10 to -10 points. It's ridiculous. One time I got 4th place and I lost 150 points. I win 1st/2nd place probably 9 out of 10 times, but it only takes one thundercloud/redshell/blueshell at the last moment and I lost almost 200 points.

I also have a new hatred of the thundercloud. It is particularly crushing when you only have a few players. The worst is if it is only you and another person. It completely breaks any sort of competitive 2-player race. Only the person in 2nd place will get the cloud and that is basically an auto-loss. I had it happen twice in one 2v2 race!

It would be nice if two races ended at about the same time, they would merge the players. I had to bounce around through 5-6 races just to find one that had more than 4 players. Races with that few players are far too luck based. You get knocked off or something and the game doesn't give you the items you need to get back in the race. It seems to base the items you get on your position number in the race, not the relative position. So if I am last in a 4-player race, I still only get shit like one mushroom or a red shell, even though I may be very far behind.

Yeah, I'm gonna be 30 minutes late for Mario Kart Monday :bomb:
But I think we'll get a good turnout. And hopefully they'll still be willing to play by the time I show up.

Maybe we can get the thread title changed so Suko and Blue Lobstah won't forget :lol:

Zing, you sound exactly like me :lol: It's true, look back a few pages.
I stopped caring (a lie) and just played and played without taking things too seriously. I actually had no idea I was even nearing 9999 when we were doing Mario Kart Monday. That's gone now, but I'm back in the 9500s.
I get more VR points when I'm racing 7+ people. It helps when there's another 9000 there with you. When it's 4 or less I only stay around if there's someone there giving me a run for my money. If not then it's not fun for anyone and everyone quits on me eventually.
But yeah, if you come in second expect to only get single digits. Third is always negative. 5th or worse, and you've just been playing for the past 2 hours and accomplished nothing... :bomb:
-
Hero, Mana usually starts at 9:30 EST.

i'll be with some friends tonight, so i won't be able to make it.
fall is pretty crowded for me, i hope i won't miss too many mario kart nights.

My Mario Kart should come today with my Wii :)

Finally decided to buy a Wii!

So if people wanna play i will add my Wii code later on today or something.

started playin mario kart again so if anyone wants to play add me...being unemployed really gives you a lot of time to play the wii

I've got three things left to unlock Bubble Bike (small bike), Blue Falcon (small kart), and Phantom (large bike) by winning the following cups in Mirror mode Leaf Cup, Lightning Cup, and Special Cup. I'm glad I don't have to get stars in these to get them. The stars in the 150cc were a bitch to get. Did Mario Kart Wii get rare again? I remember a couple months ago that they just started showing up everywhere = demand being met, but after seeing ebay prices, they're going for over retail. I haven't paid attention to if they're in stores or not.

People on ebay sell everything for over retail around christmas time cause some kids are just that spoiled that there mommy or daddy will pay over retail for something...Ya Mario Kart is definatley a long game that is if you try to unlock everything i am not looking forward to the 150cc stars at all and will probably never happen lol

[quote name='SnorE']anyone playin tonight?[/quote]

I will probably be on tonight. If you want add me and I will be up for some racing.

[quote name='SnorE']i add you prof your probably not on now but for further reference

• Mario Kart: 2793-2640-1682/snore
[/quote]

Figures, last night I thought about turning it on and figured that no one would be on.

Anyway, I should be on latter tonight. Probably around 11 central time (I have to watch the Daily Show skewer my gov).

Ok, I give up on this game. Not that I want to. Nintendo is forcing me to.

Whatever algorithm they are using to match up people is garbage. They should be keeping games filled to at least 10 players at all times. Instead it seems to spread everyone out. Very rarely, I will start off in a game of 10+ people, but it quickly drops and never recovers. After a few races, I am down to 3-4 players. Garbage.

I am also tired of having to spend 10 minutes getting into the game. Signing on to WFC takes way longer than it should. Then I finally get in a game in spectator mode and wait for my chance to play. After 30 seconds, *poof*, "you have been disconnected". Sometimes I will actually be in my first race on lap 2 and this happens. This doesn't happen during the day, so I assume it is just a "peak time" thing. What the fuck? This game has been out for 8 months and they have had this peak time problem since release day. Who the fuck is in charge of WFC over there? Given Nintendo's history with online play, I wouldn't be surprised if NO ONE was running things over there. I imagine some small server running unmanaged the whole time. This was also why I gave up on Smash Bros Brawl. It was taking 10 minutes just to get into a fucking game.

It really is a shame, because when I am in a 8+ player race of Mario Kart, it is fun times. I could do without seeing GBA Bowser Castle 3 ever again for the rest of my life (thanks for picking it over and over and over and over and over), but I will miss the game.

Some of those are valid complaints...though they aren't nearly as bad as you're describing in my experiences, but even then MKWii has one of the best online experiences I've....well experienced in a game.

Do you play any other online games? Are they as frustrating for you?

I can definitely see the SSBB complaints, the online is crap no matter how you spin it.

To be honest, I think this is my least favorite game in the series, even with online, so I kind of understand your frustrations.

Of course I'm kind of biased towards Mario Kart Super Circuit. It's going to be kind of hard for any game to take its place, its going to have to be really good.

I'm a huge MK fan, and I don't understand any of the hate. It fixed so many things like snaking, and even added in online that works.

Especially when you factor in Double Dash. The courses were just so bland in that, and the karts controlled so awkwardly.

My only wish is that they somehow made items less annoying and gave us the battle mode we wanted.

bread's done
Back