Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've had my fill of X-men characters. Reminds me of MvC2 when they brought in all the past X-Men characters. Half the Marvel roster was filled with X-Men. I don't want to see that with UA2. I'd like to see more Annhilation characters. Nova, Drax, Quasar, Starlord.[/quote]

I'd like to see a real ultimate alliance. I.E. Marvel meets DC :drool:

[quote name='looploop']I'd like to see a real ultimate alliance. I.E. Marvel meets DC :drool:[/QUOTE]

Screw it, just do "Amalgam: Perfect Team-Up"

23kqdg7.jpg
29m6k60.jpg

2rn8uw8.jpg
30rw6zk.jpg

...wait. On the other hand, don't.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Nope, but he is currently a rumored character in number 2. Same goes for Gambit, Psyloche, She-Hulk (would be a fun addition), and Cable. Basically it seems like several more characters from Xmen Legends 2 will be ported over. I've also heard some rumors of a maybe an Iron Fist/Cloak and Dagger.[/quote]

Here's hoping Gambit comes with 'overrated crybaby stand-around boyfriend' abilities.

Bring on Sunfire, Black Bolt, and Shuma Gorath, and then I'll get excited.

Well, at least I'll get to reunite Cable and Deadpool again.

"Reunited, and it feels so good..."

[quote name='lordwow']I'd love to see Gambit. He was a badass that no one used in XML, especially if you could use his staff slam well.[/QUOTE]

Gambit was ridiculous in XML, just power up his boost and use regular attacks. If I remember correctly, he gave energy damage to the team as well.

He was a constant member on my team, and I'm not even a huge Gambit fan. Psylocke was a lot of fun too, like a "mental-damage Wolverine" but she arrived too late in the game, I'd like to see her return with the new set-up.

Colossus and Storm used to be beastly :(

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Been awhile since the last posting here, but I'm back to playing this game. If anyone needs the online stuff (I still do since I'm lazy), then message me/send me a friend invite. Also, anyone remember the best combination (items/characters) for the one asgard sim disc to get the most money?[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a friend request Hiccuple.

Also, I need the achievement for playing with 4 players on 25 (I think) missions. Send me a friend request w/ CAG in it if you're interested in doing this. The weekend would be ideal for this achievement.

And I can help people with other achievements as well. I'm not greedy, lol.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I've had my fill of X-men characters. Reminds me of MvC2 when they brought in all the past X-Men characters. Half the Marvel roster was filled with X-Men. I don't want to see that with UA2. I'd like to see more Annhilation characters. Nova, Drax, Quasar, Starlord.[/quote]

Hmm...Nova would be a fun inclusion. I'd like to see Sentry personally, but I have no clue how they would be able to balance the game and implement him properly. Then again, they seem to have done a pretty good job between Thor and Hulk, so I guess it could be done. I'm a huge Sentry fan by the way.
[quote name='chasemurata']Here's hoping Gambit comes with 'overrated crybaby stand-around boyfriend' abilities.

Bring on Sunfire, Black Bolt, and Shuma Gorath, and then I'll get excited.

Well, at least I'll get to reunite Cable and Deadpool again.

"Reunited, and it feels so good..."[/quote]

Sunfire would cool. Black Bolt would be a fantastic addition, especially after the recent Silent War (good comic).

A cable/deadpool combo would be so freaking bad ass. Throw in Wolverine into the mix would be pretty good as well.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I just sent you a friend request Hiccuple.

Also, I need the achievement for playing with 4 players on 25 (I think) missions. Send me a friend request w/ CAG in it if you're interested in doing this. The weekend would be ideal for this achievement.

And I can help people with other achievements as well. I'm not greedy, lol.[/quote]

Great! I'll finally have to use my spare Live year card I've been lazy to enter. I haven't been on in some days (busy), but hopefully this weekend. I'll sign in tomorrow just to accept the request.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Gambit was ridiculous in XML, just power up his boost and use regular attacks. If I remember correctly, he gave energy damage to the team as well.

He was a constant member on my team, and I'm not even a huge Gambit fan. Psylocke was a lot of fun too, like a "mental-damage Wolverine" but she arrived too late in the game, I'd like to see her return with the new set-up.

Colossus and Storm used to be beastly :([/QUOTE]

I agree, that fact basically ruined XML2 for me. He was a one man tank you could run through a level with. I never really did his boost on XML1, I was always a huge staff smash guy, especially when playing with friends. My gf always loved Storm too, she was incredibly badass.

I personally think I liked XML1 system of leveling up/powering up stats better than either XML2 or M:UA, but thats just me. It was quick and easy, and very easy for people to understand.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hmm...Nova would be a fun inclusion. I'd like to see Sentry personally, but I have no clue how they would be able to balance the game and implement him properly. Then again, they seem to have done a pretty good job between Thor and Hulk, so I guess it could be done. I'm a huge Sentry fan by the way.

Sunfire would cool. Black Bolt would be a fantastic addition, especially after the recent Silent War (good comic).

A cable/deadpool combo would be so freaking bad ass. Throw in Wolverine into the mix would be pretty good as well.[/quote]

I am a moderate comic book nerd (see the listed URL in my profile). So, to go with your Silent War reference, I will say that I will explode with delight if they somehow make Lockjaw a playable character. Sure, he'd probably be unbalanced and absolutely dominative, but it would get me to buy the next game. ;)

Continuing on my Gambit rant, I also could not care less if they left out Venom, Carnage, Ghost Rider, or Wolverine. They, plus Gambit, are the most overly-liked, worthless characters in nigh all Marvel lore.

I know he's back to his older duds, but I think UDON Taskmaster would be a neat inclusion. Heck, either version of Taskmaster would be great. Sgt. Fury also tops my list of wants for the next game.

[quote name='chasemurata']I am a moderate comic book nerd (see the listed URL in my profile). So, to go with your Silent War reference, I will say that I will explode with delight if they somehow make Lockjaw a playable character. Sure, he'd probably be unbalanced and absolutely dominative, but it would get me to buy the next game. ;)

Continuing on my Gambit rant, I also could not care less if they left out Venom, Carnage, Ghost Rider, or Wolverine. They, plus Gambit, are the most overly-liked, worthless characters in nigh all Marvel lore.

I know he's back to his older duds, but I think UDON Taskmaster would be a neat inclusion. Heck, either version of Taskmaster would be great. Sgt. Fury also tops my list of wants for the next game.[/quote]

That's a bit blasphemous. I say, keep all the characters currently on the roster, but just add more. It's not like Marvel doesn't have a huge character list that they could call upon.:roll: Throw in some more. I know that the nuanced characters, such as Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, etc. - really turned on my friends to liking them or at least getting interested to reading their stuff.

Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to throw in the PSP characters (I still need to get this version, I am just a big fan of this game and it'll give something for my PSP for once) into the game. You know what else would be a great addition, more costumes and the ability to have more than one power-up. I think in XML2 you could have more than one item on.

I was thinking we should start a CAG Marvel UA game. Anyone intrested?

As for new characters I'd like to see Howard the Duck. He'd be like the "Dan" of Marvel UA2.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That's a bit blasphemous. I say, keep all the characters currently on the roster, but just add more. It's not like Marvel doesn't have a huge character list that they could call upon.:roll: Throw in some more. I know that the nuanced characters, such as Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, etc. - really turned on my friends to liking them or at least getting interested to reading their stuff.

Also, it shouldn't be too difficult to throw in the PSP characters (I still need to get this version, I am just a big fan of this game and it'll give something for my PSP for once) into the game. You know what else would be a great addition, more costumes and the ability to have more than one power-up. I think in XML2 you could have more than one item on.[/quote]

Well, in my humble opinion, the characters I listed are pretty well known by comic book fans for their suckage. I know removing them would be nonsensical but that's why it's hyperbole. ;)

Considering present storylines in the Marvel universe, I think a Skrull alternate pack is inevitable. I'd dig it. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I wouldnt mind playing add me to ur friends list. I got a couple more achivements to go before i get my 1250/1250[/quote]

I added you, now lets get 2 more CAG. Come on, who wants in?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I added you, now lets get 2 more CAG. Come on, who wants in?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get in, but my roommate is the 360 owner, and it's usually in his room for his late night Halo 3 runs.

Sucks owning the game and not being able to play it!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll play. When are you guys playing?[/quote]

Haven't decided yet. Possibly tonight. So far we got:

Rodimus Donut
Rei no Otaku
Mrcapcom
need one more

PRMega - didn't add you cause of your roommate troubles. I'd like to get people who are serious to do a full play through. If you don't think you can do that then tell me now.

I need to actually finish the game if anyone wants to help (I'm relatively far), but I'd like to start over with a group and use a lot of the downloadable content characters as we go through.

[quote name='chasemurata']Well, in my humble opinion, the characters I listed are pretty well known by comic book fans for their suckage. I know removing them would be nonsensical but that's why it's hyperbole. ;)

Considering present storylines in the Marvel universe, I think a Skrull alternate pack is inevitable. I'd dig it. :whistle2:#[/quote]

I don't really see how a Skrull pack would work.....maybe you can share some enlightenment on what you think they could do for it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I don't really see how a Skrull pack would work.....maybe you can share some enlightenment on what you think they could do for it.[/quote]

Well, considering the big Skrull Invasion is beginning in the Marvel Universe, it has been hinted a few big name characters have been Skrulls. Elektra has already been proven a Skrull, and, if things go as shown, Luke Cage, and a couple others are also Skrulls. It would make for a neat pack if they released all the Skrull imposters.

[quote name='chasemurata']Well, considering the big Skrull Invasion is beginning in the Marvel Universe, it has been hinted a few big name characters have been Skrulls. Elektra has already been proven a Skrull, and, if things go as shown, Luke Cage, and a couple others are also Skrulls. It would make for a neat pack if they released all the Skrull imposters.[/quote]

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that it'd probably be a lame pack. It would probably be the same characters with the same moves. Or are you referencing M:UA2 having a storyline tie-in? That would indeed be cool, but there are still several stories that they can take from IMO.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']sorry, I couldn't do the game tonight.[/quote]
Its fine I was like hmm let me get 10 minutes of sleep after work, mind you I get off at 5 i didnt wake up till 10 at night and then I just went back to sleep lol but feel free to add me as friend and next time I get on we can play:lol:

2 questions:

1. Does the Platinum Hits version have all the downloadable/Gold Edition content?

2. I saw the game at Target (PH version) for $20. Is this the normal price? Xbox.com lists $29.99, but I'm hoping at least Target has $20 as the permanent price. I would have picked it up when I was there on Saturday, but I couldn't spare the extra cash after buying Orange Box for $39.99.

[quote name='Matt Young']2 questions:

1. Does the Platinum Hits version have all the downloadable/Gold Edition content?

2. I saw the game at Target (PH version) for $20. Is this the normal price? Xbox.com lists $29.99, but I'm hoping at least Target has $20 as the permanent price. I would have picked it up when I was there on Saturday, but I couldn't spare the extra cash after buying Orange Box for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

I've seen two Platinum Hits version. The one with the gold edition content has some of the new characters on the cover like Hulk (he is the only one I remember on the cover). Well yeah the http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/marvelultimatealliance/ version they talk about is indeed the one with the extra content. I can see Hulk and Venom there. If if doesn't have that then it is just the normal version. Ah there we go it says: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance: Special Edition (Platinum Hits) the other is just a normal Platinum Hits. Wow that was a lot of colons.

My theory for what's going to happen in number 2 is that, and this is after having finished the game for the third time tonight, the Illuminati will be seen or hinted at in the game (It is shown if you complete the side/optional quest for it), the Kree-Skrull war will take place, Dark Phoenix will be shown/a boss/a storyline, Mephisto will have a greater roll/revenge, and the techno virus (or just some mutant virus) will take place.

I have gold saves of this game? If I buy the reg ed I heard they'd be read as corrupt? Will they still be corrupt if I dl the pack?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']My theory for what's going to happen in number 2 is that, and this is after having finished the game for the third time tonight, the Illuminati will be seen or hinted at in the game (It is shown if you complete the side/optional quest for it), the Kree-Skrull war will take place, Dark Phoenix will be shown/a boss/a storyline, Mephisto will have a greater roll/revenge, and the techno virus (or just some mutant virus) will take place.[/quote]

I was hoping the Infinity Gauntlet will take on the main objective story. Like Doom, Thanos has been a universal villian to the entire Marvel Universe. I honestly wouldn't like to see Galactus as the central villain as the previous UA is suggesting he might be.

And like you mentioned they could add either the Annihilation wave or the Phalanx. Seeing more recent story arc would make my day, and I'm sure fans would love it. Whatever they pick they have thousands to pick from.

Sorry if this has been answered already but, could someone explain to me the deal with the Gold Edition?

If I beat the original and bought & started playing Gold Edition, I assume the achievements and saves would carry over? Sorry, I'm just a bit fuzzy on some of the stuff.

Thanks!

I would assume so...after all...wouldn't it be pretty much if you just bought the original game and then just got the dl content. Those achievements should just add to the game. Don't see why would it be any different.

Do characters randomly disappear? I know I had more like Ghost Rider and Blade but for some reason they're not available. I'm on the next to last level.

Not that I'm aware of. I know you have to sacrifice someone to get Ghost Rider but you get them back by the time you're done with the Mephesto level.

Are you signing in through your gamertag? I always thought the menus & character selection were confusing and wonky.

I don't think Ghost Rider is missable, you get him automaticly as you progress through the story. I guess Blade could be, but he's very hard not to get. I remember you get him in Arcade's Murderworld in some claw machine game. Try going back and see if you can get him again.

I think Blade's just glitchy. I definitely played the star catcher minigame and released him but he never became available in my game either.

[quote name='looploop']I think Blade's just glitchy. I definitely played the star catcher minigame and released him but he never became available in my game either.[/quote]

You might need to add him to your party when you "free" him from the machine.

I think I might need to track down a cheap copy of the "Gold Edition" or w/e....after getting Red Ring'd and repaired, I can't play with my dlc characters unless I'm online.

Got my Wizard magizine today and it had a little article about MUA2. Sounded very promising, here's what it said the important parts are in bold:

Although news is just breaking, Activision has confirmed there will be a sequel to Marvel Ultimate Alliance in 2008! The cooperative gameplay that allowed fans to play through the biggest and baddest of the Marvel Universe will reportedly return with expanded characters and powers at the end of the year. There's no word on specifics for the game's storyline but insiders tell us at least part of the game will be based on last years Civil War event.

[quote name='Rodimus']Got my Wizard magizine today and it had a little article about MUA2. Sounded very promising, here's what it said the important parts are in bold:[/quote]

Ugghh....if they're going Civil War than this could be a very up and down game. civil War started off good but ended up sucking. Maybe some tweaks to the storyline will do the trick for it. Also, I hope that just because we get Iron spider/mecha spider (whatever the Spider-Iron suit man was called) that all the original costumes return.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Ugghh....if they're going Civil War than this could be a very up and down game. civil War started off good but ended up sucking. Maybe some tweaks to the storyline will do the trick for it. Also, I hope that just because we get Iron spider/mecha spider (whatever the Spider-Iron suit man was called) that all the original costumes return.[/quote]

I support the ending. We have to take Civil War for what it was. It changed the Marvel U and even though the the CW series is done, the battle is still going, so it's not really done. I honestly expected Civil War to end the way it did. Not that it's a good thing if the reader can predict the outcome. I think CW did a great job in planting seeds for future story arcs. It was anti-climatic, I'll give ya that, but I never heard any suggestions that would've made it end any cleaner than it did. Going out with a bang would've made an utter mess.

I'm almost certain this has been asked before, and even if has not, it's still kind of a dumb question:

In the XBox version, if you finished the game with, let's say level 30 characters, you could go back and replay the game with those stats and just lay waste to the underlings.

Well, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've beaten the 360 Gold version on easy and was trying to replay the game on normal, but it did not give me the option of using stats from a previously saved game as the XBox version did.

Please tell me I'm stupid and just don't know how to do this, because it's really, REALLY going to suck if this option is not available.

Oh, and my pick for MUA 2 characters: Jubilee!! Come on, what's more humiliating than receiving the smackdown from HER?

BTW, ANY possibility of XML 3?

Don't know, maybe it won't let you if you change the difficulty. Have you tried starting a game on easy and see if your stats are still there?

I'm playing through X-Men Legends II again. Only beat that game once, and I've started to get back into reading X-Men comics (thanks to the Messiah Complex). First off I'll say I was spoiled buy Marvel UA huge rooster, and I question some of the character choices in Legends II. Still I'm having fun, but I just want Marvel UA2.

[quote name='GamerChris']Your stats don't carry over from Easy. Only on Normal and Hard difficulties.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking because I also heard that the audio gag reel at the end of the game only plays when you beat the game on normal or hard (favorite one is Galactus stumbling around the studio breaking everything)

Oh well, it's not what I wanted to hear, but at least the option does exist.

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='grundy']I'm almost certain this has been asked before, and even if has not, it's still kind of a dumb question:

In the XBox version, if you finished the game with, let's say level 30 characters, you could go back and replay the game with those stats and just lay waste to the underlings.

Well, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've beaten the 360 Gold version on easy and was trying to replay the game on normal, but it did not give me the option of using stats from a previously saved game as the XBox version did.

Please tell me I'm stupid and just don't know how to do this, because it's really, REALLY going to suck if this option is not available.

Oh, and my pick for MUA 2 characters: Jubilee!! Come on, what's more humiliating than receiving the smackdown from HER?

BTW, ANY possibility of XML 3?[/quote]

You only get your stats to carry over if you play normal, I believe. I pounded my way through Hard mode. It actually made it fun only took about 4 hours total since I had done a lot of grinding in the simulation mode on normal. By the end of Hard, I had level 80+ characters with max stats, etc.

[quote name='grundy']That's what I was thinking because I also heard that the audio gag reel at the end of the game only plays when you beat the game on normal or hard (favorite one is Galactus stumbling around the studio breaking everything)

Oh well, it's not what I wanted to hear, but at least the option does exist.

Thanks,
-B[/quote]

Do you know if the gag reel is on youtube? I beat the game on normal and hard, but have yet to get the gag reel. I don't know how I missed it as I stayed for the entirety of the credits.

i finally picked up the forza/mua discs at Gamestop for 17.99 which is a great deal considering how much they cost separately..

bread's done
Back