Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

anyone able to confirm the content of the "Enhanced" edition? amazon has the gold edition now for $29.99 shipped but it became available a few days ago so I assume it is the "enhanced" version..

The "enhanced" version comes with a bonus DVD about the making of MUA. It also comes in the silver "Platinum Hits" case with altered cover art. The game disc's content seems to be identical to the older "Gold" edition (it has the 8 extra characters) with different disc art.

[quote name='Halo05']The "enhanced" version comes with a bonus DVD about the making of MUA. It also comes in the silver "Platinum Hits" case with altered cover art. The game disc's content seems to be identical to the older "Gold" edition (it has the 8 extra characters) with different disc art.[/quote]

wow thats gay.

I picked up the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Enhanced - Gold for $29.99 at Best Buy.
I was surprised the orginal version and the Gold version were the same price so I am thinking I got a good price. What do you guys think? or is it a rip off?
Thanks for your input.

[quote name='buff89']I picked up the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Enhanced - Gold for $29.99 at Best Buy.
I was surprised the orginal version and the Gold version were the same price so I am thinking I got a good price. What do you guys think? or is it a rip off?
Thanks for your input.[/QUOTE]

The gold dropped to the $29.99 price point, so definitely thats the best deal.

I always wanted to play this with some CAGs, if you are looking for someone to Co-op with and I am not in a match or Co-oping on Legendary on Halo 3, please send me an invite.

Not trying to ruin the "surprise" at the end of the game, but if you've beaten it, you know that in the regular XBOX version there is an audio gag reel of all the voice actors, still in character as if the superheroes are coming in to do their respective voice quips.

Well, I just finished the 360 Gold version, and apparently there was no gag reel. Am I supposed to do something in game to "activate" this, or is the whole thing non-existent on this version. And if so, why?

Thanks,
-B

Yes, IIRC, finishing the game on 'normal' was supposed to trigger it. At least that's what I remember... (not remembering any specific tasks in the game that got the gag-reel going).

I only beat the regular edition on easy... and reading somewhere (which is probably wrong)... it said the only way to get the gag reel was to beat it on normal or hard...

[quote name='Brak']I beat the regular edition on Normal, and I never saw it.[/quote]

Same here. Still need to finish it on Hard though.

[quote name='Brak']I beat the regular edition on Normal, and I never saw it.[/quote]
Same here. Still need to finish it on Hard though.

I wish they would give us more DLC. I'm very proud of my 1250/1250 with this game.. wouldn't mind playing through it again and getting 1500 :D

[quote name='lilboo']I wish they would give us more DLC. I'm very proud of my 1250/1250 with this game.. wouldn't mind playing through it again and getting 1500 :D[/quote]

I don't think they can add achievements unless Microsoft eased the achievement limit from 1250 to 1500. Did they do this recently and perhaps I missed the news? I'm close to 1000 and could easily get it plus probably another 100 more, but I've been too busy. Very very fun game.

[quote name='grundy']Not trying to ruin the "surprise" at the end of the game, but if you've beaten it, you know that in the regular XBOX version there is an audio gag reel of all the voice actors, still in character as if the superheroes are coming in to do their respective voice quips.

Well, I just finished the 360 Gold version, and apparently there was no gag reel. Am I supposed to do something in game to "activate" this, or is the whole thing non-existent on this version. And if so, why?

Thanks,
-B[/QUOTE]
I got the gag reel on the regular 360 version when I beat it on normal.

this game looks friggin rad, i loved the x-men legends game, and this looks like that but with many marvel characters, is that about right, i am one of the few who still has not played this.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']this game looks friggin rad, i loved the x-men legends game, and this looks like that but with many marvel characters, is that about right, i am one of the few who still has not played this.[/quote]

Yeah, that's pretty much a valid description of the game I would say.

It's a /good/ game. However in my opinion the X-Men Legends 2 was much better. Mostly because the various travel powers and unique character abilities mattered far more.

Such as having certain paths that were accessible / inaccessible depending on who was in your party. Alliance has a few spots like that, but in my dim memory there were more in Legends.

Also Legends had randomized loot that could have dramatic effects on your abilities. The Diablo Game model. Love it or hate it.

For some reason, I really like this game. I know it has a lot to do with me growing up reading these guys in the comic books, so getting to play with them is pretty neat. It's just a fun game in general if you want to get in there, do some smashing and throwing things and what not. Try the Hulk, he's fun.

Hmm, I still need to beat this game lol.

Anyone still play online?

I still need the online achievements since I miss when other people are online thanks to time differentials (i.e. east coast - west coast, etc.).

I saw at my BB yesterday there was a PH version of this that said "Special Edition" it had the same cover as the Gold pack, and the back said it had the extra characters and 1250 achievement points, so I assume it's the same thing as the Gold one just a sucky new cover?

It is the same as the gold and I think it comes with a makeing of dvd. I'm up for a co-op game. Just send me a message and I will join as long as I don't have to goto work in about a half hour or so.

Lets get a game going this weekend, I've sent friend requests to hiccupleftovers, zman, and I already have shazo from Halo 3.

Anyone else interested?

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Lets get a game going this weekend, I've sent friend requests to hiccupleftovers, zman, and I already have shazo from Halo 3.

Anyone else interested?[/QUOTE]

i'll be on tonight after we get back from doing some shopping. I'll add you up and see if we can start getting some games in.

I'd be interested in doing some ultimate alliance online. What exactly is needed to get the online achievements?

Teamwork (5) Completed 1 level with 3 other players.
Teh Mast3r (25) Won 15 Arcade Mode levels consecutively.
The Destroyer (25) Win 100 Arcade Mode Levels
Ultimate Team Alliance (15) Completed 25 levels with 3 other players.

Taken from Gamefaqs, "Destroyer" achievement is pretty nuts. I'll send you a friend request hohez.

Anybody know who holds the license to the Marvel universe/Marvel UA 2? Anyword on whether or no we'll get a sequel. This game is just too much fun.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody know who holds the license to the Marvel universe/Marvel UA 2? Anyword on whether or no we'll get a sequel. This game is just too much fun.[/QUOTE]

Good question. I've been wanting to hear word of Marvel UA 2 for a while now. But I think it's still Activision. However Marvel's wierd cause sometimes each franchise (Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Punisher) are done by diffrent companies. I think that's why the couldn't add some characters in the orginal release of UA.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Good question. I've been wanting to hear word of Marvel UA 2 for a while now. But I think it's still Activision. However Marvel's wierd cause sometimes each franchise (Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Punisher) are done by diffrent companies. I think that's why the couldn't add some characters in the orginal release of UA.[/quote]

I thought Wombat had spoken to one of the devs (I think the company is called Raven something) and he told him they weren't working on a sequel. I think it was in one of the CAGcasts.

Just picked the combo with Forza up for $19 at GS, is the character pack worth $10? Any way to get it for free (is it being given out for free any time soon)?

Edit: I just played the Captain America comic, but I couldn't beat the main boss ta the end. I accidentally exited the game and now I can't get back in. Is there a way to re-play this? Also, any tips on beating the boss in under a minute?

I dunno how you'd beat the boss in under one minute without very well buffed stats. Beating him is easy enough if you continue resetting the timer by activating the stations in the correct order though.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']What happen to all the gamerpics and themes for this game? It shows up on the xboxlive web site but not on the 360[/quote]

Still no answer on this?:bomb:

How do you revive a fallen teammate in a mission?

Edit: Nevermind, figured out you only have to wait the time out. Is the Combo 800 point pack worth purchasing...I'm very tempted just to get Cyclops on my team!

[quote name='djbooba']I think the 800 Point pack is worth buying just for Sabretooth and Hulk.[/QUOTE]

Hulk is insane. I'm pissed that Venom turned out to be a crappy character.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Hulk is insane. I'm pissed that Venom turned out to be a crappy character.[/quote]

That kind of blows I figured venom would be really good. I wish it wasn't 800 points,but I'll probley get it anyway :D

[quote name='jman619']That kind of blows I figured venom would be really good. I wish it wasn't 800 points,but I'll probley get it anyway :D[/QUOTE]

Venom just doesn't have any good moves to exploit. His Venom Flail is decent but it's got nasty recovery time. I think his two highest stats are Defense and Agility. Even though he looks the part he's just not a power-house. Keep in mind Doom is also a petty good choice. He can fly and shoot some nasty projectiles. The force is strong with him.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Venom just doesn't have any good moves to exploit. His Venom Flail is decent but it's got nasty recovery time. I think his two highest stats are Defense and Agility. Even though he looks the part he's just not a power-house. Keep in mind Doom is also a petty good choice. He can fly and shoot some nasty projectiles. The force is strong with him.[/quote]

Whaaa I got the Venom Flail like upgraded all the way with his first costume fully upgraded and I upgraded his claw thingy and he hits really good espicially useing him to farm those sim discs.

Venom Magneto Hawkeye Random Person like Storm or something FTW lol:bouncy:

My main team was Venom, Cap, Thor, Hulk. I used Venom only cause he's been my favorite Marvel character since I was like 10 years old.

I wish Namor or Blackbolt was in UA so you could pick an Illuminati team. Namor, Strange, Iron Man, Mr. F !!!!

Hmmm, I may have to play this soon. I got it with my ELITE (via AMEX deal) and have yet to play it. I wish they would drop the price of the content since the game has been out for a while now.

Nice to see that people are still playing this. I've been using Venom, and his tendrils is really good. Wolvy is still broken, but then again, I don't see how he could ever be toned down.

bread's done
Back