Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

The latest pic in th OP look like they're from the regular Xbox instead of the 360. Either that or they're not fully textured because they're falling way short of the quality of the previous screenshots. The game still looks incredible though and I'll still probably buy it on day 1.

I call dibs on Howard the Duck, Slapstick and Man-Thing..!

... Oh. Right. I'm not that lucky...

I'm sold if the online play is fixed. It sucked hard on XL2. It played exactly like everyone was on one xbox. Everybody had to share the same screen and couldn't seperate and when one person opened the menu, everybody had to sit through it. GRRR.

I'm part of the VIP Ultimate Alliance team and I get exclusive info like this:

CapIceGhost.jpg

These are the unlockable alternate costumes for Capt. America, Iceman, and Ghost Rider.

Here's some more confirmed villans:

VillainsEmail.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I think those costumes are World War 2 version Cap America, first appearance Iceman, and Vengence.

This game is going to be awesome. It's going to be a long month waiting for it.

I wonder if this will have an alternate costume for Luke Cage, from the Marvel MAX line.

It's a little odd that a strong black man would choose to wear a tiara, a barely-buttoned yellow satin shirt and a chain for a belt...

exh-lcage.jpg

Edit: Nevermind. That get-up is fuckin' badass.

[quote name='2Fast']So is there a list of all the playable characters yet?[/quote]
I guess this is as close as it gets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel:_Ultimate_Alliance#Characters

No official list yet though.

From the VIP site:

Every week, Activision will announce and reveal more characters from the game, and many of these reveals will happen right here on this for you to find out first. Being a VIP definitely pays off, as does being patient. As a VIP, you get special character trailers, screenshots and wallpapers that you won’t find anywhere else except on this site.

Do not bother asking the VIP community staff about the characters in this game. Even we do not know what the final roster is… we find out about new characters at the same time you do. Stay tuned.

I still have 9 invites if anyone wants to be a VIP, PM me with your email address.

According to the VIP section of the website, In fact, one of Iron Man’s costumes turns him into a different playable character entirely… if you’ve been clamoring for an exclusive piece of information only the VIPs know, now you have it. Iron Man can become War Machine in the game

Awesome.

And again, PSP has tons of extra stuff...

PSP

The PSP version will feature slightly simplified graphics, different characters, and extra features:

* 4 exclusive playable Marvel characters.
* 6 special comic book missions
* Microphone support (voice chat), via which players can speak with other players online
* Player Statistics
* Exclusive prequel missions

I might be buying this game twice.

[quote name='Greetard']That's bullshit. First they exclude The Hulk from Nemesis, and now this. What's wrong with them?[/quote]

Maybe The Thing will have an unlockable skin to make him The Hulk?

I think its cool all the Fantastic 4 are playable, they've never gotten a good game. I'd probably be Human Torch or The Thing before anyone else. I just wish Silver Surfer would be playable from the beginning!

An IGN playtest featured a preview of various heroes' alternate costumes, where Beta Ray Bill was confirmed as a costume for Thor, and that Scarlet Spider would be one of Spider-Man's available costumes. In interviews with the developer, it was remarked that Spider-man will also have the black symbiote (comics) costume. It was also noted that all the characters will have a maximum of four skins.

Also, two of the PSP's exclusive characters haven't yet been found out... wouldn't surprise me if one of them was The Hulk.

* Cyclops, Colossus, Hulk and Gambit are visible as fighters who have been beaten by Dr. Doom in a newly released behind-the-Scenes video. Whether these characters will be only in the cinematics, NPCs or playable/unlockable is still uncertain.

At least he's in the game. My guess with all the lesser known characters like Luke Cage and Dr. Strange they were also trying to appeal to old school Marvel fans, like myself.

Hmm.

Well seeing that I have a Gamecube, 360, DS, PSP and soon to be a Wii.. I'm gonna wait for the reviews on all of them and see what characters and features are exclusive to what..and whatever sounds best to me, i'll get.

[quote name='lilboo']Hmm.

Well seeing that I have a Gamecube, 360, DS, PSP and soon to be a Wii.. I'm gonna wait for the reviews on all of them and see what characters and features are exclusive to what..and whatever sounds best to me, i'll get.[/quote]

The X360/PS3/Wii versions are supposed to have the same characters. The other consoles vary.

Moon Knight confirmed as another Next Gen exclusive:

We are very pleased to announce official confirmation of the other next-gen. exclusive in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. VIPs - it's time to welcome MOON KNIGHT!!

At 6'2' and 225 lbs., Moon Knight definitely holds his own weight. Also known as Marc Spector, Moon Knight is a former mercenary that became instilled with the power of Konshu. the Egyptian Moon God, after being rescued by natives that he once helped. With this new power came a quest for redemption and he is now on the side of the crime-fighers, but with powers that wax and wane with the phases of the moon. During a full moon, don't make him mad.

Moon Knight is an exceptionally strong melee fighter in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. His moves in the game include:

Crescent Darts - Launch a spread of crescent darts.
Staff Slam - Leap in the air and slam adamantium staff into the ground, creating a shockwave of damage.
Cable Staff - Launch a cable towards enemies, reaching further when charged.
Boomerang - Throw a crescent boomerang. Hits multiple enemies as you steer it.
Nunchuks - Rapidly swing nunchuks in a forward arc.
Staff Combat - Enables staff melee combat, increasing melee damage.
Full Moon - Enhances senses, showing nearby enemies on a map and increasing ability to dodge.
Lunar Eclipse - Throw crescent darts in a radius, bouncing off walls and lasting several seconds. Xtreme attack.
Special Throw - Tosses the enemy into the air and hits them with a moon ray.

OUTFITS

Classic - Increases health regeneration to superhuman levels.
- Increases attack speed on all melee attacks.

Ultimate - Increases Critical Strike chance.
- Increases damage of Moon Crescent powers.

Khonshu - Increases melee damage.
- Increases energy regeneration.

We can't show you an image just yet, but it will be out by the time the game launches. Until then, stay tuned for more VIP updates! Now that we are nearing the home stretch, you'll be seeing a new update almost every other day on the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance VIP site!

Hell yes!!!! I F'ing love MK

Ok, i haven't been following this game, can someone answer this for me plz.

Is there co-op over live, and is there drop in - drop out co-op over live?

[quote name='thrustbucket']Ok, i haven't been following this game, can someone answer this for me plz.

Is there co-op over live, and is there drop in - drop out co-op over live?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the drop-in/drop-out but:

"* Cooperate or compete online. In addition to engaging in the epic single-player storyline, you can converge in battle, online or offline, against the world’s most evil Super Villains. Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner or challenge up to three other players."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not sure about the drop-in/drop-out but:

"* Cooperate or compete online. In addition to engaging in the epic single-player storyline, you can converge in battle, online or offline, against the world’s most evil Super Villains. Switch between cooperative and competitive mode to partner or challenge up to three other players."[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool. Thanks!

It's gonna be nice seeing updates basically every other day now leading up to the release. Though I loved the announcement of Moon Knight. They were saying on the board (someone who works for Activision) that they wanted to make one next-gen exclusive someone who has been in a game before and one be someone entirely new that hasn't been in a game before, that way you could split the complaints of previous gen owners going "That's not fair, they get someone unique" and next-gen owners going "That's not fair, we didn't get anyone unique." So that's why we get Colossus and Moon Knight.

[quote name='Roufuss']Woot, classic 70's Cage![/QUOTE]

worth the price of admission alone, if only Iron Fist was there too

quick edit: just check the VIP site , Deadpool is confirmed for all consoles and is avail from the start of the game.

[quote name='karsh']It's gonna be nice seeing updates basically every other day now leading up to the release. Though I loved the announcement of Moon Knight. They were saying on the board (someone who works for Activision) that they wanted to make one next-gen exclusive someone who has been in a game before and one be someone entirely new that hasn't been in a game before, that way you could split the complaints of previous gen owners going "That's not fair, they get someone unique" and next-gen owners going "That's not fair, we didn't get anyone unique." So that's why we get Colossus and Moon Knight.[/QUOTE]

PSP so far has three unique characters so this philosophy flys out the window... and right now current gen systems have no exclusive characters.

They really lamed out for the Fantastic Four's costumes... Invisble Woman had a costume once that showed a fair amount of skin. Took this off a website:

Unlike the rest of the group, who have only
had the blue costume with black gloves and the blue
costume with white gloves, Sue has had four different
costumes.

She has had the two costumes that the rest
of the group had, in addition to the somewhat
risque two piece that she introduced in Issue #371
(in an attempt to get Reed's attention), and the
new "more conservative" sleeveless with gloves
costume she introduced in Issue #387.

Not to mention they could have used the costume for The Thing where he wore his helmet after Wolverine slashed his face.

My interest in this game was "...eh" until about two weeks back. Besides, if the wikipedia article is to be trusted, Winnie Cooper doing the voice of Sue Storm - I'm in! (I never got over the Wonder Years.)

Seriously though, I haven't been paying attention, and now this is looking to be pretty good. I think I may just pick this up next week...

[quote name='Roufuss']They really lamed out for the Fantastic Four's costumes... Invisble Woman had a costume once that showed a fair amount of skin. Took this off a website:
[/QUOTE]

I tried finding a panel showing the outfit, but I couldn't find it. This is the only thing I could find, but it is the one you are talking about. She wore it after Reed died for a little bit. :D

Here's some of the other characters that were revealed that I didnt post:
Spidey2_all_small.jpg

Spider-Man's 4th costume will be the Symbiote, no pic avaiable yet.

Dr.Strange:
Dr._Strange_all_small.jpg

Human Torch:
Human_Torch_small.jpg

Black Panther:

Black_Panther_all_small.jpg

Capt. America:
Cap_America_sm.jpg

Ice Man:

Iceman_all_sm2.jpg

Ghost Rider:
Ghost_Rider_all_sm2.jpg

Hawkeye:
hawkeye_white.jpg

Clea:
Clea-PoseSMALL.jpg

[quote name='rodeojones903']I tried finding a panel showing the outfit, but I couldn't find it. This is the only thing I could find, but it is the one you are talking about. She wore it after Reed died for a little bit. :D

[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's the one, then there was one after it which was the same design except the only skin it showed where on her arms (the sleeveless look).

I'm stunned at how in depth they went with some of the other costumes yet they failed so badly on the Fantastic Four's.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I tried finding a panel showing the outfit, but I couldn't find it. This is the only thing I could find, but it is the one you are talking about. She wore it after Reed died for a little bit. :D

[/QUOTE]

Dude , that looks like Total Recall era Sharon Stone .

[/quote]

That would have been a nice choice. Too bad.

BTW: I updated the OP with all the current character and alternate costume reveals.

[quote name='Roufuss']Here is an awesome site the developer's should have checked out... alternate costumes for EVERYONE in the Fantastic Four.

http://www.ffplaza.com/database/costumes/

I'm just a huge fan of the FF and it's a real shame to see they got screwed out of some awesome costumes while everyone else gets some bad ass looks.[/quote]

thanx for the info! will definately try to get the issue where wolverine pwoned the thing

bread's done
Back