Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

Hmm all this talk about the graphics...I was under the impression the graphics were not that great looking. (from the trailer on XBLM and the early shots I saw over the summer) I'll have to check out some current videos for this and see what's up.

However, I'm still buying it asap. I really need a game to play with a group of friends on the 360.

The graphics aren't "blow you away great", but considering I wasn't a huge fan of the cel-shaded look they took on with Legends II (I like cel-shaded but I dunno, it just didn't seem to fit as well as Legends I's graphics), I absolutely love the graphics of 360 MUA compared to PS2/Xbox MUA.

I just went to gametrailers.com and watched the wolverine video...much better than what is shown in the trailer on XBLM.

It also looks like amazing fun.

So this isn't just a "high red port" of the current gen versions? (as far as graphics go)

I think Venom will be in the game. There was a poll in the VIP asking for what Villian would you like to have playable, and Venom was winning by a long shot.

[quote name='seanr1221']I just went to gametrailers.com and watched the wolverine video...much better than what is shown in the trailer on XBLM.

It also looks like amazing fun.

So this isn't just a "high red port" of the current gen versions? (as far as graphics go)[/quote]

The two have completely different graphics. To quote the Wikipedia entry for MUA:

For the 6th gen consoles, characters models will be similar to X-Men Legends: cel-shaded and almost cartoonish. The 7th generation versions will feature more detailed character models and environments.

[quote name='Kendal']I am getting this, PSU and SC: DA from TRU. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'd like to get as well, but my TRU was sold out of SC today. I'm hoping they get a shipment in this week. Speaking of shipments, does anyone know when TRU will get in Marvel or PSU? Other stores say Wed and Thrus.

[quote name='tcrash247']Thats what I'd like to get as well, but my TRU was sold out of SC today. I'm hoping they get a shipment in this week. Speaking of shipments, does anyone know when TRU will get in Marvel or PSU? Other stores say Wed and Thrus.[/quote]

I am going to go to TRU tomorrow and check out their stock of SC. The games both ship on the 24th, so I would say 26th at the latest if not already there for tuesday.

I would think TRU would get it by the afternoon of the 25th since that's when Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City all stated in their ads this Sunday.

I'm hoping my TRU is still well-stocked; nothing was advertised in our paper since the company is down to one location around here. I'm going for the Marvel, Phantasy Star, and Splinter Cell trifecta as well, although I may switch SC out for Oblivion or Fight Night.

Last playable character on all consoles was revealed today. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) is playable on all consoles and unlocked from the start. I love the idea of her being in the game cause her powers really are unique compared to a lot of characters (especially the whole pheramones thing). Also the final PSP-exclusive was revealed to be Black Widow.

[quote name='freezedried74']So does anyone know if this will be released tomorrow or Wednesday at BB. Thanks.[/quote]
No idea for BB but I'd say get at at your Circuit City, available by 10/25 5pm. They will be giving away X-Men: The Official game for free with purchase, which you can either play or use to trade/sell.

200132b.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No idea for BB but I'd say get at at your Circuit City, available by 10/25 5pm. They will be giving away X-Men: The Official game for free with purchase, which you can either play or use to trade/sell.

200132b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Can you get the 360 version of X-Men 3 for free for SURE? Atleast it has some trade-in value vs. the Xbox version.

Shit, I was going to trade in College Hoops and Ridge Racer from the TRU sale for this, now I may have to get it from CC.

[quote name='gizmogc']Can you get the 360 version of X-Men 3 for free for SURE? Atleast it has some trade-in value vs. the Xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Where is the easiest place to pick up OXM magazine? That supposedly has a 15% off CC coupon, I bet you could use to get both these games.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Where is the easiest place to pick up OXM magazine? That supposedly has a 15% off CC coupon, I bet you could use to get both these games.[/quote]

You can also find the 15% coupon in te current issue of PSM is right in the middle (all in red) is hard to miss :bouncy:

Oh my lord...

One one hand I could hit up the B2G1 at TRU and pick up Marvel:UA, SC: DA and most likely Saint's Row, or I could hit up CC for Marvel:UA at 15% off + a free X3.

After already purchasing 3 360 games this week at GS, and with Gears of War preordered in full for its Nov. 7th release... I feel as though the CC deal is the way to go...

Just to let you guys know, it's $43 shipped at Play-Asia confirmed region free. All credit goes to CheapyD! Between the TRU B2G1F deal, CC deal with free X-Men, and BB deal with $4.99 1600 Marketplace Points, this seems to be the cheapest way to get it. Even if you do decide to resell X-Men or the 2 other games you buy at TRU, or even the 1600 Marketplace points, the price should still roughly come out to $40+.

There's supposedly limited quantities so get your orders in quick. Better than paying $21 extra in stores.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Just to let you guys know, it's $43 shipped at Play-Asia confirmed region free. All credit goes to CheapyD! Between the TRU B2G1F deal, CC deal with free X-Men, and BB deal with $4.99 1600 Marketplace Points, this seems to be the cheapest way to get it. Even if you do decide to resell X-Men or the 2 other games you buy at TRU, or even the 1600 Marketplace points, the price should still roughly come out to $40+.

There's supposedly limited quantities so get your orders in quick. Better than paying $21 extra in stores.[/QUOTE]

Already in!

I checked with Best Buy and they said they'd match Circuit City's free X3 offer..

So, with Best Buy Bucks, Reward Zone coupons, and the free X3 offer, I may end up making money off of it :)

Especially if I do the $5 1600 points thing..

[quote name='Ma12kez']Just to let you guys know, it's $43 shipped at Play-Asia confirmed region free. All credit goes to CheapyD! Between the TRU B2G1F deal, CC deal with free X-Men, and BB deal with $4.99 1600 Marketplace Points, this seems to be the cheapest way to get it. Even if you do decide to resell X-Men or the 2 other games you buy at TRU, or even the 1600 Marketplace points, the price should still roughly come out to $40+.

There's supposedly limited quantities so get your orders in quick. Better than paying $21 extra in stores.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's a bit cheaper to buy it at CC and just sell X-Men 3 on Ebay, if you have the available means. You can get at least $20 - $25 last I checked for a sealed X-Men 3 for 360, plus you don't have to wait a week + to get your game.

I'm hoping to pull at least $25 for X-Men 3 so I can get MUA for around $35 + tax, and I'm going to PM the points deal to CC again to get more cheap points.

It's a good deal, and if CC didn't have this deal I'd probably go for it, but this is the only game this year besides Gears of War I want on the first day, and I want to get in some online games before the entire 360 community jumps aboard Gears of War.

I ended up picking up a copy at Best Buy earlier today. I'll let you know how it is later tonight when I get back to college and my 360.

[quote name='karsh']I ended up picking up a copy at Best Buy earlier today. I'll let you know how it is later tonight when I get back to college and my 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let us know.

Hopefully the reviews will start coming in today so I will know if I should jump on the CC deal.

I was just going to say, I got it at TRU. I also picked up two other $60 games to exchange for SC: DA and PSU. My birthday can't come soon enough.

Okay. If you liked the two Legends games, this is like that taken to the extreme. So far, Cap has been the most fun. His first special power is the one where he throws the shield and you can control where it goes, and it bounces off anything it hits like a pinball. I haven't tried it on Live yet, mostly cause I still need to get a gold card. The graphics definitely look a hell of a lot better than I thought they were gonna be. It's definitely a fun game, and if you have some friends to play with, it's just beyond fun. Definitely worth picking up.

[quote name='karsh']Okay. If you liked the two Legends games, this is like that taken to the extreme. So far, Cap has been the most fun. His first special power is the one where he throws the shield and you can control where it goes, and it bounces off anything it hits like a pinball. I haven't tried it on Live yet, mostly cause I still need to get a gold card. The graphics definitely look a hell of a lot better than I thought they were gonna be. It's definitely a fun game, and if you have some friends to play with, it's just beyond fun. Definitely worth picking up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your impression...

Now anyone else? Quit playing for 10 minutes and post!

picked it up at TRU today. played a couple levels with one of my friends tonight.

so far pretty fun. my only gripe with it so far is the lack of clear objectives. what I mean by that is that it is common to get lost trying to find out what to do next.

I am currently trying to find my next objective (fighting Fin Fang Foom) but I don't know where to go now.

also if anyone is looking to get this at the TRU sale, call up your local TRU, ASAP. our store only got 4 copies of this game for 360 today.

[quote name='asianxcore']picked it up at TRU today. played a couple levels with one of my friends tonight.

so far pretty fun. my only gripe with it so far is the lack of clear objectives. what I mean by that is that it is common to get lost trying to find out what to do next.

I am currently trying to find my next objective (fighting Fin Fang Foom) but I don't know where to go now.

also if anyone is looking to get this at the TRU sale, call up your local TRU, ASAP. our store only got 4 copies of this game for 360 today.[/quote]How do the different characters play? Is there a difference on how to control their moves, or do they basically all have the same number of moves but with different animations like X-Men Legends?

[quote name='Ma12kez']How do the different characters play? Is there a difference on how to control their moves, or do they basically all have the same number of moves but with different animations like X-Men Legends?[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but so far all the characters control the same. You use powers the same way as you do in the X-Men Legends game.

Obviously depending on what kind of characters you like, or what powers you prefer, you maybe playing the characters differently from each other. With Wolverine and Deadpool I would always be up close fighting, whereas with Human Torch and to a certain extent, Spider-Man, I'd use projectiles to fight off enemies.

The villians are pretty cool so far too. I've run into a couple I didn't think I'd see in this game, and with a crapton more to go, I'm excited who will show up next.

The game does add some depth though in letting you customize your character a whole lot, I'd say even more than X-Men Legends.

Also I must mention I'm a moron. The reason I couldn't find what to do next was because I forgot I was still in "Cooperative" mode, since I was playing with a friend. It wouldn't let me open a door without Player 2 to assist.

Doh.

Played some more last night. Got up to beating Fin Fang Foom. Let me just say, that fight is epic. He's so fucking huge it's ridiculous. There's also a part where you need to use artillery guns on him. Definitely a hilight. Though I will say that Cap is definitely still the most fun to be so far, if only for his starting power. Where everyone else has some normal projectile or a stab or something like that, throwing the shield and being able to control it's flight path is awesome.

Sounding good so far.
How is Spider-man, is he good? I was hoping so, he's my favorite marvel guy and I have been looking forward to him being in my team since I saw this game months ago.

Captain America sounded cool with his shield but I wondered how it would turn out, sounds like it turned out pretty cool.

[quote name='jasonlives13']8.2 from IGN.[/QUOTE]

From the review:

Some characters have little history with eccentric alternative wear, such as the Thing, who basically is a big orange rock dude in pants no matter what time period you look towards

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. I can think of two costumes for Thing off the top of my head (Bucket head, and when he mutated and got really spiky for awhile) that would have easily worked. Basacially I can already tell the reviewer isn't really a huge fan of comics so, after reading his review, I'll bump his score up a point.

I don't yet have the game, but they are already bagging on the B list people... for me, the game is awesome BECAUSE I can play as Luke Cage. The only good thing about the review is that they say it takes about 20 hours to get through the game on the first playthrough, which has me excited.

You know what's bullshit, is Circuit City told me the game wasn't in but when it does come in they can't sell it until 5 pm, which is "what the ad says". I'd get it elsewhere but I really want that free X-Men 3 for 360.

[quote name='Roufuss']From the review:

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. I can think of two costumes for Thing off the top of my head (Bucket head, and when he mutated and got really spiky for awhile) that would have easily worked. Basacially I can already tell the reviewer isn't really a huge fan of comics so, after reading his review, I'll bump his score up a point.

I don't yet have the game, but they are already bagging on the B list people... for me, the game is awesome BECAUSE I can play as Luke Cage.

You know what's bullshit, is Circuit City told me the game wasn't in but when it does come in they can't sell it until 5 pm, which is "what the ad says". I'd get it elsewhere but I really want that free X-Men 3 for 360.[/quote]

Spiky Thing? That sounds interesting. Did he look cool?

I'm hoping to pick up the game at Circuit City at my lunch time, hope that they're not that anal as to say we have to wait till 5pm.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Spiky Thing? That sounds interesting. Did he look cool?

I'm hoping to pick up the game at Circuit City at my lunch time, hope that they're not that anal as to say we have to wait till 5pm.[/QUOTE]

Originally the guy told me they were "sold out" and I told him that was pretty much impossible... then he looked in the ad and said "Oh, it's a new release, we'll have it for sale by 5 pm since the ad says we can't sell it until then".

Eh, whatever, I've got some work to do anyways, I just don't want them to run out of free X-Men 3's.

Here is the spiky thing... him and Ms Marvel 2 got hit with more radiation and Thing transformed further and Ms Marvel 2 transformed into a She-Thing.

Fantastic%20Four%20317.jpg

Thing is on the left.

It's just aggravating to see people rag on the FF for not having anything to do for alternate costumes... I'm not sure why Raven went the distance on every other character and just decided to take the lazy route with the Fantastic Four.

bread's done
Back