Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='Roufuss']Originally the guy told me they were "sold out" and I told him that was pretty much impossible... then he looked in the ad and said "Oh, it's a new release, we'll have it for sale by 5 pm since the ad says we can't sell it until then".

Eh, whatever, I've got some work to do anyways, I just don't want them to run out of free X-Men 3's.

Here is the spiky thing... him and Ms Marvel 2 got hit with more radiation and Thing transformed further and Ms Marvel 2 transformed into a She-Thing.

Fantastic%20Four%20317.jpg

Thing is on the left.

It's just aggravating to see people rag on the FF for not having anything to do for alternate costumes... I'm not sure why Raven went the distance on every other character and just decided to take the lazy route with the Fantastic Four.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps in the future there will be outfits and new guys and comic book missions on Live Marketplace. Just hope they don't cost 8 bucks for a new outfit or some other rediculous amount.

imo..the game would bought if it included some of the major all out Marvel wars included in the game.. like the Infinity Gauntlet.. Dark Phoenix saga.. Cosmic Wars.. etc.. I think fans want play out those scenarios over the new ones used in this game..

I have never really read a whole lot of comics in the past, I just read the Ultimate series everynow and then. So the game itself for the story is not too bad for me. Some of the guys in the game I don't even know of(Dr. Strange to name one), but it is neat to see such a diverse cast of characters in a Marvel game for once.

I can see your point, but the story arcs just don't bother me very much.

And Ign saying Blade(and other "b" level guys did not really belong> BS, Blade is cool. I do have to agree that Hulk is soorly missing from the fray(is it because he is under another contract?). Punisher is another missed character for me. BUT, there are a bunch of other cool characters so it's still cool with me.
Some of the guys I probably won't use much, but I'm sure other people will like them so it's cool that they are there. People are just closed minded.

Oh well, can't please everybody.

[quote name='DJSteel']imo..the game would bought if it included some of the major all out Marvel wars included in the game.. like the Infinity Gauntlet.. Dark Phoenix saga.. Cosmic Wars.. etc.. I think fans want play out those scenarios over the new ones used in this game..[/QUOTE]

The one thing that Raven has hugely disappointed me with is that after X-Men Legends 1 they stopped with the comic book missions, and just made them PSP exclusive. I'll get the PSP version depending on what the comic book missions are, but I would have loved for Raven to go all out after XML 1 and add in 10 - 15 comic book missions.

That one with the sentenels from XML 1 was awesome.

[quote name='Roufuss']The one thing that Raven has hugely disappointed me with is that after X-Men Legends 1 they stopped with the comic book missions, and just made them PSP exclusive. I'll get the PSP version depending on what the comic book missions are, but I would have loved for Raven to go all out after XML 1 and add in 10 - 15 comic book missions.

That one with the sentenels from XML 1 was awesome.[/QUOTE]

What are comic book missions? I may rent the PSP version for my trip.

[quote name='Rags']I have never really read a whole lot of comics in the past, I just read the Ultimate series everynow and then. So the game itself for the story is not too bad for me. Some of the guys in the game I don't even know of(Dr. Strange to name one), but it is neat to see such a diverse cast of characters in a Marvel game for once.

I can see your point, but the story arcs just don't bother me very much.[/quote]

that is the point.. some people never got to experience the stories... that is why it would be fun to play them out..

[quote name='Roufuss']Originally the guy told me they were "sold out" and I told him that was pretty much impossible... then he looked in the ad and said "Oh, it's a new release, we'll have it for sale by 5 pm since the ad says we can't sell it until then".

Eh, whatever, I've got some work to do anyways, I just don't want them to run out of free X-Men 3's.

Here is the spiky thing... him and Ms Marvel 2 got hit with more radiation and Thing transformed further and Ms Marvel 2 transformed into a She-Thing.

Fantastic%20Four%20317.jpg

Thing is on the left.

It's just aggravating to see people rag on the FF for not having anything to do for alternate costumes... I'm not sure why Raven went the distance on every other character and just decided to take the lazy route with the Fantastic Four.[/quote]

Whoa that looks pretty cool. That would have been a cool alternate costume as well ask the helmet. They did do a pretty weak job of the costumes for the F4 team.

[quote name='DJSteel']that is the point.. some people never got to experience the stories... that is why it would be fun to play them out..[/QUOTE]

Not saying it would not be cool, and I'd like to play them I guess. More so if anything those stories should have been comic missions. That I remember, there was not a comic that had this many of the Marvel characters in it together so the story had to be somewhat original and generic(for those that don't really know every little thing about every character).

And the comic book missions in the PSP version are side missions where you were given 4 guys that took place in a particular comic(and had their outfit on from that particular comic) and you played through.
For example, there was one mission where you had to go through and find Magneto and fight him in X men Legends 2(PSP). Don't really know all the characters that were involved but for example sake, it had Wolverine in his full body suit(brown and yellow one).

The CM were kinda basic, but made more gameplay options so they were cool. I hope they are good ones on the PSP(like different members of the Avengers or Fantastic 4 missions). Kinda disappointed that they are not on the 360 version, not sure why they were left out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whoa that looks pretty cool. That would have been a cool alternate costume as well ask the helmet. They did do a pretty weak job of the costumes for the F4 team.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I would do if I had to make the costumes for the FF team -

The Thing:
Regular costume (His underwear look)
Bucket head look
Spiky Thing
I'd probably go with Thing in the FF overalls for the last one

Invisible Woman:
Regular Costume
Skimpy look
Malice (when Invisible Woman went evil)
Not sure what I'd do for a 4th but I'd find something

Mr. Fantastic:
Regular costume
Dark Raider costume he used once or twice
Can't think of two other ones at the moment

Human Torch:
Regular Costume (Human Torch style)
Human form (just regular old Johnny)
Blaze (Some alternate identity he used once or twice)
Non uniform style jumpsuit he wore a few times (I think, took this one off the internet)

Shit, could substitute the Ultimates versions of their costumes for any of these, but I've never read the Ultimates FF so I don't know if they are already in the game or differ that much from the original costumes. There is also the Mangaverse versions of costumes as well as that time the FF was being drawn by Image after Onslaught ate them.

[quote name='Roufuss']Here's what I would do if I had to make the costumes for the FF team -

The Thing:
Regular costume (His underwear look)
Bucket head look
Spiky Thing
I'd probably go with Thing in the FF overalls for the last one

Invisible Woman:
Regular Costume
Skimpy look
Malice (when Invisible Woman went evil)
Not sure what I'd do for a 4th but I'd find something

Mr. Fantastic:
Regular costume
Dark Raider costume he used once or twice
Can't think of two other ones at the moment

Human Torch:
Regular Costume (Human Torch style)
Human form (just regular old Johnny)
Blaze (Some alternate identity he used once or twice)
Non uniform style jumpsuit he wore a few times (I think, took this one off the internet)

Shit, could substitute the Ultimates versions of their costumes for any of these, but I've never read the Ultimates FF so I don't know if they are already in the game or differ that much from the original costumes. There is also the Mangaverse versions of costumes as well as that time the FF was being drawn by Image after Onslaught ate them.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Fantastic 4 outfits are not too different than the 616 versions. They are just younger looking.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well, I picked this up at Toys R Us, who is ready to roll? I got Captain America. :)[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'd like to, but I gotta wait for it to come in the mail.

[quote name='Kendal']I have 20 VIP codes and would love to give them away.[/quote]

I promise to provide it w/ a loving home! I've completely missed out on these and have been kinda on the fence w/ xbl. So, one of these would really fit the bill.

Many thanks!
-Matt
[email protected]

I'm headed to TRU later this afternoon (hope they have it in stock *knock on wood*). No preference on superhero, my comic book knowledge is miniscule anyway. Silver Surfer, I guess.

fuck, I was going to pick it up at lunch at CC but I just realized I forgot my %15 off coupon from the OXM mag last month. I guess I'll buy it and try to re-buy it later today with coupon and then return the one without coupon.

I'm not sure what they're gonna be, but the 360 got 5 additional comic book missions for the simulator. So far I have Captain America's mission where you take on Winter Soldier and five others where you fight people like Super-Skrull, Paibok, Thunderball, Kurse and someone else I'm forgetting. There's a whole lotta locked missions on there, so who knows what kinda stuff is there.

[quote name='karsh']I'm not sure what they're gonna be, but the 360 got 5 additional comic book missions for the simulator. So far I have Captain America's mission where you take on Winter Soldier and five others where you fight people like Super-Skrull, Paibok, Thunderball, Kurse and someone else I'm forgetting. There's a whole lotta locked missions on there, so who knows what kinda stuff is there.[/QUOTE]

Hey, so the 360 has comic book missions too??

[quote name='karsh']I'm not sure what they're gonna be, but the 360 got 5 additional comic book missions for the simulator. So far I have Captain America's mission where you take on Winter Soldier and five others where you fight people like Super-Skrull, Paibok, Thunderball, Kurse and someone else I'm forgetting. There's a whole lotta locked missions on there, so who knows what kinda stuff is there.[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool, thanks for the info.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey, so the 360 has comic book missions too??[/quote]

Yeah. I'm not too sure if there are gonna be any like the PSP where it's an actual thing that occurred in the comics, but the ones I have are pretty cool. The Captain America one is sorta like how the Danger Room had the challenges for specific characters. It's basically Cap alone on the helicarrier and he has to diffuse the three bombs Winter Soldier set up and then take Winter Soldier on one-on-one. I can't wait to unlock more, cause there's definitely more locked missions than the number of characters.

[quote name='karsh']Yeah. I'm not too sure if there are gonna be any like the PSP where it's an actual thing that occurred in the comics, but the ones I have are pretty cool. The Captain America one is sorta like how the Danger Room had the challenges for specific characters. It's basically Cap alone on the helicarrier and he has to diffuse the three bombs Winter Soldier set up and then take Winter Soldier on one-on-one. I can't wait to unlock more, cause there's definitely more locked missions than the number of characters.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, gotcha... I thought ya meant actual things that occured in the comics.

Danger room stuff is still a-ok in my book, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh ok, gotcha... I thought ya meant actual things that occured in the comics.

Danger room stuff is still a-ok in my book, though.[/quote]
Like I said, it looked like there were a lot more locked things than the 25 for the character's individual missions, so who knows what other things could end up there. I'll count them in a sec once I turn my 360 on.

EDIT: There's 29 locked missions at the start with the five other's tacked on. The villain I missed was Lizard.

Here's the confirmed unlockables, that most of us already knew about:

Daredevil:
daredevil_520.jpg

As well as Nick Fury:

NickFury_520.jpg

Also here's the pics for the exclusive characters:

Ms. Marvel:
MsMarvel_520.jpg

Spider-Woman:
Spider-Woman_520.jpg

Moon Knight:
moonknight_520.jpg

Here's the unlock codes:

DD- Left, Left, Right, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, Start

SS- Down, Left, Left, Up, right, Up, Down, Left, Start

[quote name='Cth']Here's the unlock codes:

SS- Down, Left, Left, Up, right, Up, Down, Left, Start[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you saved me about 1200 marketplace points ;)

Just got a automate call from GameStop saying that some stores will not be getting the game today as expected. They should only get the game tomorrow afternoon now...That is great.

[quote name='Cth']Here's the unlock codes:

SS- Down, Left, Left, Up, right, Up, Down, Left, Start[/quote]
Cool I'll add them to the OP. Any idea what code unlocks what character?

On another note. I stopped by CC and picked it up. They didnt have X-Men: The Official Game so I just got the game, and I'll check with them later in the week or another CC to return/rebuy with free game later.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Cool I'll add them to the OP. Any idea what code unlocks what character?

On another note. I stopped by CC and picked it up. They didnt have X-Men: The Official Game so I just got the game, and I'll check with them later in the week or another CC to return/rebuy with free game later.[/QUOTE]

Man, if my CC is sold out, I'm going to shit a brick... they only had two or three copies of X-Men 3 in earlier this week.

[quote name='OGHowie']Have people been able to get 15% off and a free game? It says cannot be combined with other offers on the coupon.[/quote]
The employee who rung me up today at CC was pretty sharp and caught the not to be combined with other offers. Although, if you get lucky with a lazy employee I bet it would go through.

I've run into two comic book missions/discs, so far but have chose to continue with the mission I was currently on. Does that mean I cannot go back and do them later on?

[quote name='Swift900']The employee who rung me up today at CC was pretty sharp and caught the not to be combined with other offers. Although, if you get lucky with a lazy employee I bet it would go through.[/quote]

Well I just got back and when the employee scanned both Marvel Alliance and X-Men it said a package price of $59.99 for both. Then she tried to scan the coupon and the screen told her it wasn't valid with the free game too. She called a manager over who then double-checked the coupon and noted the not to be combined with other offers. So they asked me which one and I said the free game (of course). Kinda sucks, but still a good deal.
I hope some get the coupon and free game to go through.

Also, my CC (Raleigh, NC) only had a few of the X-Men game for 360 in the case (maybe 4-5)

I got the 15% coupon to work but it only gave me an extra $3.00 off because Marvel:UA shows up for only $20.00 on the CC receipt, and for some reason and X-Men then is $39.99.

[quote name='ajh2298']I got the 15% coupon to work but it only gave me an extra $3.00 off because Marvel:UA shows up for only $20.00 on the CC receipt, and for some reason and X-Men then is $39.99.[/quote]

Would that give way to have the X-Men game returned and get the $39.99 back so will be getting MUA at $17.00 ??????

Just a tought.........

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never heard that the X360 version didnt.
[/QUOTE]

think i found the 360 description

Unique comic book missions that are unlocked through xbox live marketplace!

lol jk......i hope

[quote name='Stingermck']So what exactly is exclusive to 360? I want to pick on my PS2 friend :)[/quote]
The back of the game states that there's 5 exclusive missions.

[quote name='Rags']Spider-woman looks pretty sharp. Was not sure how she'd turn out.[/QUOTE]

Are those 3 different Spider-Women or 4? I recognize old school Jessica Drew, the one in the Venom-ish outfit, and Spider-Girl. Second from the right I don't recognize.

My local CC couldn't sell it to 5pm per the ad, they tried to ring me out at 4:00 and 4:30 and the register wouldn't take. Finally CC does something right. Anyway if anyone is up for some multplayer tonight send me a friend rquest(Gamertag under my avatar)

TeamXbox.com gave it an 8.8.

I just saw this screenshot for the first time:

1160430134.jpg

:rofl:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Are those 3 different Spider-Women or 4? I recognize old school Jessica Drew, the one in the Venom-ish outfit, and Spider-Girl. Second from the right I don't recognize.[/quote]

Only two of those are Jessica Drew. (Red Costume, and the blue one that you didn't recognize which is her Shield uniform.)
The Spider-Girl one is May Parker from the M-2 Universe, and the one in black is Julia Carpenter, who now goes by the name Arachne.

bread's done
Back