Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='terribledeli']So my copy showed up today from Gamestop. But wait..its the Xbox version. I spent 30 minutes on the phone, only to be told "Yeah...we're having problems with the wrong version being sent out. We're mailing out the replacements overnighted."

god dammit.[/quote]

Not to be ignorant, but do you get to keep the Xbox version?

So you can play as villans right? When you start off the comic book missions it states it will not give you bonus if you play as villans. Anyone figure out how to do it yet?

If anyone is interested I'm thinking about getting a group together to play on weekends starting tomorrow night. I know you were interested SteveMcQ and flybrione did you wanna start playing with LogicGazer tomorrow? If not I'm looking for a few people and we can maybe start a game later flybrione.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So you can play as villans right? When you start off the comic book missions it states it will not give you bonus if you play as villans. Anyone figure out how to do it yet?[/QUOTE]

When me and my friends came to the Captain America one, they were the villans and I was CA

[quote name='Kendal']Not to be ignorant, but do you get to keep the Xbox version?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I called them back later when I noticed it hadnt shipped and was told I would have to mail it back first then it would start the process of being replaced.

I'm just pissed off that if it was a known problem, why couldn't have they either called or emailed me to tell me?

[quote name='terribledeli']Nope. I called them back later when I noticed it hadnt shipped and was told I would have to mail it back first then it would start the process of being replaced.

I'm just pissed off that if it was a known problem, why couldn't have they either called or emailed me to tell me?[/quote]

Can't you just exchange it at a B&M store?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If anyone is interested I'm thinking about getting a group together to play on weekends starting tomorrow night. I know you were interested SteveMcQ and flybrione did you wanna start playing with LogicGazer tomorrow? If not I'm looking for a few people and we can maybe start a game later flybrione.[/QUOTE]

I might be able to start another game on Saturday evening. I will be online tonight but have a friend over and we might start up a co-op game also. I will let you know what's up if I see you online Saturday.

I'm interested in maybe trying to get some online co-op with some CAGs LATE tonight after work. I picked it up on Tuesday, but haven't opened it since.

[quote name='ajh2298']I got the 15% coupon to work but it only gave me an extra $3.00 off because Marvel:UA shows up for only $20.00 on the CC receipt, and for some reason and X-Men then is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried to return the X-Men game??

Obviously i have no need for it.. and best value is GR which is $15.

Does anyone else find the effects volume to be pretty low in this? I had to turn the music almost all the way down and the effects all the way up for them to be at a decent level and they were still a little quiet.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Does anyone else find the effects volume to be pretty low in this? I had to turn the music almost all the way down and the effects all the way up for them to be at a decent level and they were still a little quiet.[/quote]

Not me, I its all good.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Can't you just exchange it at a B&M store?[/QUOTE]

I asked that, since that would be obvious and was told the ol "Gamestop.com is not directly affiliated with Gamestop retail stores" line.

However...

Gamestop emailed me this morning saying it was their fault and they were going to mail out FedEx mailing labels to those who received the wrong version and send out replacements as soon as possible (Mine is currently in the processing stage)

[quote name='terribledeli']I asked that, since that would be obvious and was told the ol "Gamestop.com is not directly affiliated with Gamestop retail stores" line.

However...

Gamestop emailed me this morning saying it was their fault and they were going to mail out FedEx mailing labels to those who received the wrong version and send out replacements as soon as possible (Mine is currently in the processing stage)[/quote]

I'd say just buy it at any B&M tell them you want a full refund and some sort of compensation for your troubles. If not I really hope they refund you for shipping atleast.

So has anyone figured out a way to keep ones stats when they join other peoples games. It seems that the system only keeps the hosts stats when the game begins. Is this the only way it works?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So has anyone figured out a way to keep ones stats when they join other peoples games. It seems that the system only keeps the hosts stats when the game begins. Is this the only way it works?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was mentioned in the IGN review I think that this is the only way it works.

By the way, did anyone notice that the never say Bruce Banner is The Hulk? I thought that was kind of...odd.

[quote name='Roufuss']
By the way, did anyone notice that the never say Bruce Banner is The Hulk? I thought that was kind of...odd.[/QUOTE]

Yea especially when he says something like, "I'm no superhero."

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea especially when he says something like, "I'm no superhero."[/QUOTE]

Yea, I mean, he's working on gamma bombs, no one seems to be bothered by that fact. I'm thinking The Hulk is the one character that, earlier, Raven said they thought they could use but can't because of licensing issues, because I think Vivendi has the sole rights to use The Hulk, but probably not Bruce Banner.

Was still just very strange.

I found it odd that Me and a firend couldnt play togather on one system and invite another person over live. Kind of weak. Then I have my friend enter my game in progress already and it gives him all my shield coins....WTF?

I just read that using codes to unlock certain characters messes up the Achievements system in this game so people that care may want to avoid that. Also, even the characters that use codes are available in more traditional ways.

Yeah, Steve, DCriminal, and TheRock it was a good game last night. Hopefully, we can get some more in later tonight.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yea, great game last night. I'll be avaliable around 8-9 pm PST (which I believe is 11-12 EST) tonight.[/quote]Give or take an hour on that. DST is going off the boards. I have a better shot of understanding nuclear physics than I will DST.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I just read that using codes to unlock certain characters messes up the Achievements system in this game so people that care may want to avoid that. Also, even the characters that use codes are available in more traditional ways.

Yeah, Steve, DCriminal, and TheRock it was a good game last night. Hopefully, we can get some more in later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Any idea what? My one friend put in the code for Daredevil....blah....

Steve and TheRock I'll be on, but it might be a little late, but that should be good since TheRock will be on around midnight anyway.

seanr you mean the problems the codes cause or how to unlock guys? I'm not 100% clear myself, but it looks like the errors just cause some achievement and save issues and as far as unlocking characters Daredevil and Black Panther are by finding things and Silver Surfer through getting comic missions.

I really wish they took the extra effort to at least make the comic book missions somewhat... comic book like and true to the character.

Iron Man's was spot on, The Thing's...maaaaybe... but Luke Cage is telling me about a time he helped Shield take out Ultron on the Omega Base?

No... just no.

Unless this has recently happened in the last few years, no. I want to see Luke Cage take on Power Man in a movie theater over the rights to the name POWER MAN!!

And wow, if I have to play through the damn Omega Base one more time....

I need some assistance for anyone that has found the Black Panther figures. I read through the boards in gamefaqs and I missed one of the figures. Its at that section before entering the underwarter section in atlantis. I tried using the extraction option to get back to it, but it leaves me in the underwater section. Does that mean I'm screwed and missed out on black panther or are there more than 5 figures throughout the game?

I know right trigger brings up the abilities, but how the crap do you get it to go away! I don't have a manual and I figured it was just supposed to go away after you depressed the button but it doesn't, and its annoying the hell out of me, and im sure im missing something insanely simple.

Thanks!

Thats what my friends are saying, if i push R+whatever button at the same time its fine, but if i dont it stays up and its a total pain in the ass.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I need some assistance for anyone that has found the Black Panther figures. I read through the boards in gamefaqs and I missed one of the figures. Its at that section before entering the underwarter section in atlantis. I tried using the extraction option to get back to it, but it leaves me in the underwater section. Does that mean I'm screwed and missed out on black panther or are there more than 5 figures throughout the game?[/QUOTE]

There are more through the game... something like 8 - 10 total.

[quote name='Theduck']Sorry if this has been asked already, But will the Nintendo Wii version have the same exclusives as the 360 version? Thanks.[/quote]

Yes.

thanks guys.
Did anyone find the Black Panther in Murderworld? I read a gamefaqs post that said it was behind 3 daisies that shoot green gas. I saw the daisies, destroyed them all, and didnt find anything. Also there seem s to be a treasure chest behind the thing you have to hit with a hammer to open the door (in the garden maze) any idea how to get to it?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']thanks guys.
Did anyone find the Black Panther in Murderworld? I read a gamefaqs post that said it was behind 3 daisies that shoot green gas. I saw the daisies, destroyed them all, and didnt find anything. Also there seem s to be a treasure chest behind the thing you have to hit with a hammer to open the door (in the garden maze) any idea how to get to it?[/QUOTE]

We must have used different GameFAQ's' posts, because the one I used never mentioned a Black Panther in murderworld.

By the way, Daredevil is AWESOME, and complete ownage.

Well, I officially have an normal enemy I hate with a passion. Mephisto's Pets are the single most annoying things in the game. Thank gods I'm past Mephisto's Realm. That damn beam attack deals so much damage.

[quote name='karsh']Well, I officially have an normal enemy I hate with a passion. Mephisto's Pets are the single most annoying things in the game. Thank gods I'm past Mephisto's Realm. That damn beam attack deals so much damage.[/quote]

I think that they would have pissed me off too, if they didnt look so funny when they clim on your back and you have to tap the "X" button repeateadly. That shit looks hilarious.

bread's done
Back