Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Gen. Discussion

[quote name='Roufuss']PSP so far has three unique characters so this philosophy flys out the window... and right now current gen systems have no exclusive characters.[/quote]

What the PSP gets has nothing to do with this philosophy. They weren't planning on giving current gen systems and exclusives, but they DID want to give next-gen systems exclusives. That's why they went on the two exclusives they did give the next-gen systems. Colossus, who is basically X-Men Legends Colossus and Moon Knight, who is more unique.

Am I the only one that like the Scarlet Spider costume? On the PSone games, I played using that costume everytime, so I'm geeked to see it.

USAgent makes me happy too...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Seriously though, I haven't been paying attention, and now this is looking to be pretty good. I think I may just pick this up next week...[/QUOTE]

At first I thought this was going to be another X-Men Legends title with various Marvel characters. After listening to Wombat whoring this out on CAGcast the last couple of weeks, I've taken interest. Overall all the previews and impressions have been great! Gonna take the bait and pick this up next week!

not only am I whoreing out the game, I am intent on keeping this thread busy too.

I know this game will have special teams like in Legends II, that boost stats

The only confirmed one is FF (duh) what else do you think there is?

Im sure there is New Avengers (Spidey, Capt A, Iron Man, Wolvie, or Cage) but they are still one Character shy for Old Avengers (Capt, IM and Thor)

Xmen (Iceman, Storm, Wolvie, Colossus)

any theories?

Man I am such a noob. I haven't really followed this game but seeing the hype for it and how it comes out so soon, makes me want to know more.

I'm not really a comic nerd, but I did like legends II. Is this game suppose to play similarly? I keep searching for videos of it, and it seems like it does.

But basically, if I can play with friends over live co-op, I'll buy it. (which it looks like you can)

[quote name='Wombat']not only am I whoreing out the game, I am intent on keeping this thread busy too.

Im sure there is New Avengers (Spidey, Capt A, Iron Man, Wolvie, or Cage) but they are still one Character shy for Old Avengers (Capt, IM and Thor)

any theories?[/QUOTE]
I don't think there are enough characters to form any other legions... (Which is really disappointing, as they were touting this to have "like, over a hundred characters, and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!")

The fact that this has "ULTIMATE" in the title really hinders the selection of heroes and factions... Granted, they can take their "artistic" liberties and slap in whoever they want. But it's safe to say we won't see X-Force, eXiles or any of the "I shouldn't be third-string, but I am because people have bad taste" characters.

[quote name='Brak']I don't think there are enough characters to form any other legions... (Which is really disappointing, as they were touting this to have "like, over a hundred characters, and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!")

The fact that this has "ULTIMATE" in the title really hinders the selection of heroes and factions... Granted, they can take their "artistic" liberties and slap in whoever they want. But it's safe to say we won't see X-Force, eXiles or any of the "I shouldn't be third-string, but I am because people have bad taste" characters.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that maybe they would put Dr Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight as some sort of Mystic team, but that could just be wishful thinking

I don't think it matters if you create an existing team or not:

Customize your team- Use a universal team upgrade system or customize each individual member for maximum effectiveness. Total team customization means a vast selection of power-boosting equipment, a unique team name and team icon, and an established team reputation as the story progresses.

Seems you have to establish team rep so Wombat, I guess you could make your Mystic Warriors or whatever...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't think it matters if you create an existing team or not:

Seems you have to establish team rep so Wombat, I guess you could make your Mystic Warriors or whatever...[/QUOTE]

true but I'm impatient and want the instant bonus like you would get in Legends 2

[quote name='Wombat']not only am I whoreing out the game, I am intent on keeping this thread busy too.

any theories?[/quote]

What was the lineup of the New FF when Art Adams was drawing the book for three issues? Wasn't it Spidey, Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Hulk? I know Hulk isn't looking likely, but you never know.

Yeah, Wombat's whoring worked on me too. The HypeWagon strikes again!

D-mn you guys got me thinking now if I should go with two copies of this game.

I've got it preordered for the wii, but now I'm thinking to get it also for the 360.

Don't know if the graphics will be that much better on the 360 than the wii, but this game looks sweet either way! :D

[quote name='PlumeNoir']What was the lineup of the New FF when Art Adams was drawing the book for three issues? Wasn't it Spidey, Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Hulk? I know Hulk isn't looking likely, but you never know.

Yeah, Wombat's whoring worked on me too. The HypeWagon strikes again![/QUOTE]

Yes that was the New FF, but I really don't think we willsee the Hulk in this one, but the Marvel Knights now thats a team

http://72.32.138.96/universe/Marvel_Knights

Blade, Black Panther, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and probably Nick Fury, I would make a team of four using that line-up if the bonus attribute is worthwhile

Believe me, Activision has gone to great lengths to make the game true to the comics, this will have tons of bonuses for forming specific teams just like X-Men Legends 2.

[quote name='Wombat']but I really don't think we willsee the Hulk in this one, [/QUOTE]

What, no Hulk? That's the only comic I read as a kid.

Still, I'll probably pick this one up. That is, if the framerate is decent.

[quote name='Wombat']Yes that was the New FF, but I really don't think we willsee the Hulk in this one, but the Marvel Knights now thats a team

http://72.32.138.96/universe/Marvel_Knights

Blade, Black Panther, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and probably Nick Fury, I would make a team of four using that line-up if the bonus attribute is worthwhile[/quote]

I stopped collected about 3 or 4 years ago, after about 25 years (birth of my son, moving - all the "life changes" stuff), so I missed this one. I have a soft spot for Dr Strange and Ghost Rider and love Moon Knight. (Especially in West Coast Avengers when Khonshu would actually talk to him and control his body.)

Blade, MK, Strange and Ghost Rider would make a pretty cool team!

Damn you, Wombat - you're only feeding the hunger to return to the comic shop...

Hulk is in the game... he is one of the people Dr. Doom has captured right along with Cyclops and Gambit. He's just not playable, only an NPC.

http://vip.marvelultimatealliance.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3277

the first post contains the spoilers for today, and it appears that a character was cut due to liceneing problems. I would assume the Punisher, since his last game was made by THQ not activision, which sucks, its also official there are only 21 peeps avail at the beginning of the game not 22. Also the psp version has the most characters because long load times are fun

Hey VIPs,

First of all, sorry for being MIA over the past couple days but to say it’s been busy here would be a complete understatement! But granted, last time I posted was October 18th and it’s only October 20th – and in the past, I’ve only been able to come on every few days so nothing is different. Patience people. I’m excited for the game’s release too – and that’s why I’m working round the clock for the next several days! By the way, I’ll tell you the two newest characters at the end of this post so don’t read on if you don’t want to know.

On the PSP date, yes it looks like its gone back to the original plan which is 10-25 with everything else. Thank goodness! We had an emergency where it looked like it would be pushed back but that seems to be resolved now. Yes these things to happen up to the minute, which is why it’s sometimes hard to commit to an exact launch date until we get close to the launch of the game.

On future trailers, there’s already a Nightcrawler in-game cinematic posted to the VIP side in the MEDIA+VIDEO section. We’re planning on getting you a trailer of Black Panther next week. And if you look closely at the launch trailer that will be posted soon (hopefully today – latest on Monday), you’ll catch a glimpse of a very cool silvery looking Moon Knight…

On Nick Fury, Daredevil and Nightcrawler being seen in the trailer – not all are playable, but some are unlockable. I don’t know what you mean by what happened to Deadpool – he’s IN!! :whistle2:> The movelist for Deadpool is posted in the news section.

Yes I got the higher-ups to approve the revelation of the last two PSP exclusives. One is today, the other next week.  And yes, PSP-exclusives are available from the start.

On the hacker – Wolverine with the leather jacket was an older version that got replaced with the current “modern” look. Same for that other costume of Ghost Rider. And there are costumes that you get in the game as one of the four that are really powerful.

On choosing your team – from the menu, you select a team of four out of the entire roster including those you’ve unlocked to date. You can switch between characters at any time as well as switch out characters at any time. There’s no limit on how many you get to switch out between – you can access all the characters you’ve started with or unlocked at that point.

I think the character being revealed today is the 4th X-Man.

Blade’s green costume with tan pants is his classic look. Captain America’s costume in the game has a white star and the boots are a solid red color – what’s been posted is just what we got from Raven’s render which was probably before things were finalized. That’s why we didn’t post it initially but everyone was asking for it, so we posted what we had.

If you saw the end of the PS3 trailer, that type of move for Deadpool looked like he was shooting a shotgun, it’s pretty powerful. Oh and he’s a hero – thanks for catching that on the screensaver – we’ll make that update! Of course, there’s another unlockable in the game who has these moves:

Sniper – Use high-powered rifle to shoot a single enemy. Great long range attack, not good at close range.
SMG – Pull out a submachine gun and fire.

Sure, we might reveal some characters that didn’t make the cut – but if you see Ames’ developer blog, everybody wants a lot of different characters so it’s not like there’s a set group. But I can probably hint to the ones that came close and just missed for whatever reason.

We’ll try to have the picture of Spidey in a certain suit after the launch, maybe as an “unofficial” release.

New behind-the-scenes video should be up today! It’s ready – we’re just waiting to get it uploaded. This one features Stan Lee!

In terms of RPG elements, there’s a Hero Management Menu where you can view and manage Stats and Powers for your heroes. Every time you gain a new level, you’ll receive a point that you can assign to improve on of the powers or boosts that you have. You also start off with default outfits that are then upgraded using credits you collect throughout the game – so the costumes we’ve been showing you have to earn, and different levels of costumes offer different types and levels of boosts. Some are more powerful than others. You can also equip your heroes with special gear that the enemies drop. If you don’t want to worry about all these decisions, then you can have them automatically assigned as well. You won’t have all your heroes’ powers unlocked until level 20, and you can also earn up to 1,000 Achievement Points as you play through the game.

If you unlock Silver Surfer and then encounter Silver Surfer later in the game, you’ll just discover what they say about everyone having a twin somewhere.

If you change skins, you’re still the same character, you just get bonuses and boosts depending on which costume you wear. Although some teams get bonuses for being in that team based on costumes – for example, if you wanted to be part of the Classic Avengers, you don’t just have to get the characters right, you have to get the outfits right too.

MUA PC can be played using both the mouse and keyboard or just the keyboard or if you get a USB gamepad or controller, you can use that too.

Let me clarify on total number of characters… for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, there are 21 characters not including unlockables (this does include the ones you unlock really early on that we never counted as an unlockable like Dr. Strange). For PS2, Xbox and PC, there are 19 characters not including unlockables. For GBA, there are 15 (not including I think 4 additional strikers) and for PSP there are 23. There was a 20th that was planned for current gen. that got blocked because of licensing issues, which we agree was just not fair and I don’t think I’m allowed to say any more on that except that it wasn’t our choice. Sometimes your hands are tied.

Moving on… anyone who plays this game will find it vastly improved from XML and XML2. In fact, early previews are up which validate just that! Raven ups the ante every time.

I keep checking with Chris Palmisano whom you’ve probably seen interviewed a lot on the games and he keeps insisting to me that there are no vehicles. I also haven’t seen any mention of them in the manuals so I’m inclined to say no, but maybe if there’s a sequel who knows?

And although no one asked for it this time, because it’s tradition with my posts, here are some additional game powers that I don’t think have been fully revealed yet – here’s the full move list for Iron Man, who honestly has some of the most visually stunning moves in the game:

Plasma Disc – A single projectile with an explosion radius.
Rocket Uppercut – Massive melee punch that send enemies flying.
Nano Assault – Radial energy shockwave with secondary shockwaves.
Uni-Beam – Rapidly fire off a stream of lasers, which bounce off walls at higher levels.
Speed Overdrive – Gives Iron Man’s suit a burst of energy, increasing Attack and Speed damage.
Energy Reroute – Decrease energy spend for the entire party.
Air Strike – Xtreme attack that launches a flurry of missiles into the air.
Special Throw – Grab enemy by collar and fly him straight up into the air, then slam him back down to the ground!
Iron Man can of course fly.

Any other moves that haven’t been posted yet that you want to see before launch? Let me know and I’ll try and get the rest up this weekend.

Oh, and before I forget! Here's a giveaway hint on the two characters to be revealed today. I alluded to them having something in common with one another that was pretty obvious but people wouldn't guess it... turns out they share a similar name. And they even had a romance with one another in the early days! And we license thse characters from MARVEL, so there's your giveaway...

OK, now I am posting while at work! Until next time…

Kalina

[quote name='Wombat']http://vip.marvelultimatealliance.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3277

the first post contains the spoilers for today, and it appears that a character was cut due to liceneing problems. I would assume the Punisher, since his last game was made by THQ not activision, which sucks, its also official there are only 21 peeps avail at the beginning of the game not 22. Also the psp version has the most characters because long load times are fun[/QUOTE]

To be honest, X-Men Legends 2 didn't have that bad of load times, and I would have hoped Activision knows how to better handle the hardware at this point to further reduce them.

And that page has nothing if you aren't a VIP member... cut and paste ;)

I can't think of who had to be cut because Activision pretty much has free reign to use almost anyone. Is it an NPC character or a playable character?

[quote name='Roufuss']To be honest, X-Men Legends 2 didn't have that bad of load times, and I would have hoped Activision knows how to better handle the hardware at this point to further reduce them.

And that page has nothing if you aren't a VIP member... cut and paste ;)

I can't think of who had to be cut because Activision pretty much has free reign to use almost anyone. Is it an NPC character or a playable character?[/QUOTE]

I posted the long post in my original post, ok and it was an unrevealed playable character that got cut, and the PSP thing was a cheap shot but still funny

It was probably Hulk that was cut. I wanna say EA or someone stupid like that owns the rights to Hulk. Also, if it wasn't obvious enough from the end of Kalina's post, expect Ms. Marvel (Warbird) and Captain Marvel (most likely a PSP exclusive) to be the reveals later tonight.

If it was someone unrevealed, it's not Hulk or Punisher, since they have been revealed as NPC's for awhile. Nevermind, I see they meant it was unrevealed as a playable.

By the way, Captain Marvel has already been confirmed as the last PSP exclusive character.

I'm not psyched about the last two unlocks, but the rest of the game is awesome so who cares. I really wish they would have at least said who the 20th current gen character was supposed to be, that's always going to bother me now.

It actually could be Hulk... Vivendi Games has the license for that I believe.

[quote name='Wombat']the first post contains the spoilers for today, and it appears that a character was cut due to liceneing problems. I would assume the Punisher, since his last game was made by THQ not activision, which sucks, its also official there are only 21 peeps avail at the beginning of the game not 22.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's what they mean by "licensing problems".

THQ doesn't hold exclusive video game rights to The Punisher. I think it's something more along the lines of why the DeadPool comic was cut a few years back -- because Marvel licensed the character from the actual creator, and didn't feel like paying him anymore.

[quote name='Brak']I don't think that's what they mean by "licensing problems".

THQ doesn't hold exclusive video game rights to The Punisher. I think it's something more along the lines of why the DeadPool comic was cut a few years back -- because Marvel licensed the character from the actual creator, and didn't feel like paying him anymore.[/QUOTE]

Read my post up above... I'm fairly sure its Hulk, Vivendi Games has had the license for that for a long time. If you look at other Marvel themed games, Hulk has only had a cameo and not a playable role, like in Marvel Nemesis.

Plus, he makes alot more sense than Punisher, Hulk is a way bigger name and it seems like Deadpool takes the place of Punisher pretty easily. The only glaring flaw I can see in the game is that Hulk ISN'T in int.

any theories?[/QUOTE]

Would be sweet if the punisher was in it. little Hearts of Darkness Action (Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Punisher) -Yeah its only three, but it'd still be sweet!

Ms. Marvel is confirmed for all consoles now. Captain Marvel confirmed as PSP-exclusive. Hopefully next Monday they confirm Spider-Woman. She apparently showed up on the select a hero screen for test copies or something to that effect, so hopefully she made it through the final cut.

EDIT: And Ms. Marvel gives them the fourth for the Old School Avengers team.

[quote name='karsh']Ms. Marvel is confirmed for all consoles now. Captain Marvel confirmed as PSP-exclusive. Hopefully next Monday they confirm Spider-Woman. She apparently showed up on the select a hero screen for test copies or something to that effect, so hopefully she made it through the final cut.

EDIT: And Ms. Marvel gives them the fourth for the Old School Avengers team.[/QUOTE]

she's not old school enough for what I would want, wheres my Wasp or Scarlet Witch

[quote name='Wombat']she's not old school enough for what I would want, wheres my Wasp or Scarlet Witch[/quote]

She's only 10 or so years off. Conisdering most of what happened in the 60's has probably been retconned away, and considering most Marvel fans now a days have the attention spans of gnats, she can be considered old school enough. ;)

[quote name='karsh']Ms. Marvel is confirmed for all consoles now. Captain Marvel confirmed as PSP-exclusive. Hopefully next Monday they confirm Spider-Woman. She apparently showed up on the select a hero screen for test copies or something to that effect, so hopefully she made it through the final cut.

EDIT: And Ms. Marvel gives them the fourth for the Old School Avengers team.[/quote]

Carol Danvers? Didn't see become Binary and started having space adventures after her run-in with Rogue? Or did they bring her back or replace her?

Wasn't the She-Thing from the FF (When Thing was all spikey and in charge) also called Ms. Marvel?

Man...it seems like there's been a lot of changes of the past few years. Time to hit Wikipedia, I guess...

EDIT: It looks like Danvers is MM again AND She-Thing is an alternate costume. And they brought back the second Spider-Woman as Arachne. Forgive me for being out of the loop...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Carol Danvers? Didn't see become Binary and started having space adventures after her run-in with Rogue? Or did they bring her back or replace her?

Wasn't the She-Thing from the FF (When Thing was all spikey and in charge) also called Ms. Marvel?

Man...it seems like there's been a lot of changes of the past few years. Time to hit Wikipedia, I guess...

EDIT: It looks like Danvers is MM again AND She-Thing is an alternate costume. And they brought back the second Spider-Woman as Arachne. Forgive me for being out of the loop...[/quote]

Yeah, Danvers has recently retaken the name Ms. Marvel after the events of the House of M storyline. And the Spider-Woman I meant was Jessica Drew, since she's the only active character using the Spider-Woman name, since, as you said, Julia Carpenter has taken up the name Arachne. In fact, the recent Civil War-tie-in of Ms. Marvel involved Arachne.

Is anyone upset that the PSP version of the game is getting exclusive characters? I mean, the fact that X-Men Legends II had exclusive ones was bad enough, but now Ultimate Alliance? C'mon. I'm sorry, but this is such a multi-player game (by multi-player, I mean with friends, not online...for some reason I don't do well with teaming up with strangers and relying on them in a game like this), I don't see why anyone would buy the damn thing for the PSP. Can't wait to get gouged on XBL to download the "exclusive" characters.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Is anyone upset that the PSP version of the game is getting exclusive characters? I mean, the fact that X-Men Legends II had exclusive ones was bad enough, but now Ultimate Alliance? C'mon. I'm sorry, but this is such a multi-player game (by multi-player, I mean with friends, not online...for some reason I don't do well with teaming up with strangers and relying on them in a game like this), I don't see why anyone would buy the damn thing for the PSP. Can't wait to get gouged on XBL to download the "exclusive" characters.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Next-Gen is getting exclusive characters as well over the PS2 / Xbox versions, so I'm not sure what the bitching is about.

PSP version gets 4 exclusives, next gen systems get 4 exclusives, it works out nicely. Now, if you only had a PS2 / Xbox, then yea, that kind of sucks.

I think the games work awesome in single player and I'll gladly buy the PSP version as well, same as I did for X-Men Legends 2.

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh?

Next-Gen is getting exclusive characters as well over the PS2 / Xbox versions, so I'm not sure what the bitching is about.

PSP version gets 4 exclusives, next gen systems get 4 exclusives, it works out nicely. Now, if you only had a PS2 / Xbox, then yea, that kind of sucks.

I think the games work awesome in single player and I'll gladly buy the PSP version as well, same as I did for X-Men Legends 2.[/QUOTE]

The bitching is coming from the fact that I don't understand why they just can't release the same characters for all the platforms? I plan on getting the 360 version (the most expensive version), I'm asking...if I'm paying $10 more, why can't I get those extra 4 characters? Your second sentence is exactly what I'm talking about. It sucks for gamers for those gamers. It's like they're getting shafted. Extremely few people will buy multiple copies of the game just to get their hands on a few exclusive characters.

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh?

I think the games work awesome in single player and I'll gladly buy the PSP version as well, same as I did for X-Men Legends 2.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The next-gen consoles get four exclusives? I was under the impression that it was only Colossus and Moon Knight.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The bitching is coming from the fact that I don't understand why they just can't release the same characters for all the platforms? I plan on getting the 360 version (the most expensive version), I'm asking...if I'm paying $10 more, why can't I get those extra 4 characters? Your second sentence is exactly what I'm talking about. It sucks for gamers for those gamers. It's like they're getting shafted. Extremely few people will buy multiple copies of the game just to get their hands on a few exclusive characters.[/QUOTE]

But for $10 more, you're getting extremely better graphics, short load times (probably), two exclusive awesome characters (sorry, I thought there was four, but there's only two... my bad), online play, probably more stuff I can't think of.

People bitch either way... if it was a straight port, people would claim the PSP is nothing but ports, but when the PSP *does* get an enhanced port, people still bitch?

Extremely few people will buy multiple copies but more people will buy the PSP one due to the exclusive characters... if the game was the same across the board PSP sales would drop substantially.

At least with some exclusives they have some people saying "Hey, you know, it might be worth a buy". Same with the exclusives for the next gen... now they can say "Hey, check this out, this is worth $10 more".

I'm glad they put in Moon Knight and Colossus because it's good to see the next gen is actually getting some extra effort put into it, because otherwise I might as well just buy the PS2 version if they would make straight ports.

[quote name='karsh']It's actually $20 more for the 360 version. The PS2 and Xbox versions are $40 while the 360 version is $60.[/QUOTE]

Geez, in that case I need another 5 exclusive characters ;)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well I'm glad when all is said and done, we agree ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, the graphics alone this time are worth the extra $20... the series looks amazing in the screen shots and vids I've seen, much much better than the current gen versions.

I'm praying this is the beginning of the end of "marginally upgraded ports". It looks like they developed this from the ground up for both current gen and next gen simutaneously, instead of just porting over the current gen and slightly tweaking it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, the graphics alone this time are worth the extra $20... the series looks amazing in the screen shots and vids I've seen, much much better than the current gen versions.

I'm praying this is the beginning of the end of "marginally upgraded ports". It looks like they developed this from the ground up for both current gen and next gen simutaneously, instead of just porting over the current gen and slightly tweaking it.[/quote]

Yeah, the graphics upgrade is amazing. If there's shorter load times like I hope, plus the ability to play four player up at college (considering I don't have my old Xbox up there, so it'd have to be PS2) makes it totally worth the 20 bucks extra. The fact that I'm getting two more characters is just icing on the cake.

We have Dum Dum Dugan but no Venom or Carnage. Kurse? fucking KURSE is in the game? Suddenly, Slapstick doesn't seem like such a ridiculous request.

Having Super-Skrull in there is awesome times a million, though.

[quote name='KaneRobot']We have Dum Dum Dugan but no Venom or Carnage. Kurse? fucking KURSE is in the game? Suddenly, Slapstick doesn't seem like such a ridiculous request.

Having Super-Skrull in there is awesome times a million, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually happy they left out Venom and Carnage... they've been to death in games a million times over.

So has Dr. Doom, but I think he's only the first level or some crap. The rest of the boss list is awesome and goes back quite a ways. I mean, Fin Fang Foom? Modok? That is kick ass stuff.

Has Carnage made an appearance in a game since Maximum Carnage? It would be news to me. That game is over 10 years old. Besides that, this is a different type of game - it's like being sick of Halo but still being able to enjoy Halo Wars.

Yeah the cornucopia of b-listers is neat, but the "thrill" of being Luke Cage will probably wear off pretty quickly. I don't know....the way they trumpeted the 140 characters, I was expecting a tad more meat on the amount of people you actually get to, you know, control.

Might be down for the XBox version if the online play doesn't suck and the reviews are good.

Do you guys think the majority of the characters will be based on a strict "skeletal structure outline," where different characters are just exact carbon copies of one another only with different named/animated moves? For instance, like in X-Men Legends? Don't get me wrong, I loved X-Men Legends, it's just that there wasn't that much variation between all the characters.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm actually happy they left out Venom and Carnage... they've been to death in games a million times over.

So has Dr. Doom, but I think he's only the first level or some crap. The rest of the boss list is awesome and goes back quite a ways. I mean, Fin Fang Foom? Modok? That is kick ass stuff.[/quote]

I wanna say Doom is much more than the first level, but that might just be me relying on Wikipedia a bit too much. From what I understood, for the most part he's the main villain of the game.

Carnage is a poser character for people who think they are comic book fans, go buy McFarlane's Monsters for the PS2. I'll take Doom anyday...

On a serious note Doom makes a better choice for game like this because he has the background to unleash his robot army and give a reason for 4 characters to fight lots of baddies, it just makes more sense.

As for the PSP the only character I will miss is Hawkeye but i can get over that personally I think that 24 characters will be more than enough, I will hold off my complaints on numbers untill I level up all 24 characters completely

bread's done
Back