Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discussion thread

Interesting questionaire, though I don't think I know how to answer those questions haha. I'm currently using Zero/Magneto/Doom in that order. But I'm not very good with Magneto (well I'm not very good with anyone, but less so with him than the other two). I need to find someone that goes well with those two, but I do like starting with Zero and ending with Doom. Plus I love Doom's hidden missile assist with Zero in. Hot tips?

[quote name='seanr1221']A dark Phoenix wrecked my entire team. Once she started healing herself, it was over.[/QUOTE]

X-factor? or Hyper?

How does Dark Pheonix x-factor work?

[quote name='seanr1221']Hyper. Then she went to x factor. Un-fucking-stoppable. Think I'm gonna stick to player matches till Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I need to do the same. Maybe forever haha.

I'm currently running Zero/Dante/Doom now and I like it much better, but I still have no answer for someone who just launches me and starts a billion hit air combo with switches on me. I just sit there and watch the pretty colors flash by.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']ubernes / seanr / anyone else that has the game right now, you guys up for some matches? Just got my new console set-up.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend coming over any minute now and we're going to play locally, but send me a friend request and if you're still on when we wrap (probably an hour) I'd be up for it. Just go easy on me! :cool:

Did anyone pre-order with in-store pick-up at Best Buy? When do you usually get a confirmation e-mail? The day of or the night before? It's been a while since I've pre-ordered anything from BB.

I'm concerned because a few stores in the area are showing as "In-Stock" on the CE but my store is listed as "Ships to Store in 3-5 Days." It could be on new orders after the cutoff but I just want to make sure.....

[quote name='MtlTom']Are you serious? Do you even play SSF4?[/QUOTE]

Yes I do. And they put out like...2 patches I think. One for Tournament Mode which is useless and one for the second set of DLC costumes.

STILL waiting on Arcade Edition DLC though.

[quote name='ubernes']Yeah, I need to do the same. Maybe forever haha.

I'm currently running Zero/Dante/Doom now and I like it much better, but I still have no answer for someone who just launches me and starts a billion hit air combo with switches on me. I just sit there and watch the pretty colors flash by.[/QUOTE]

You can counter the switches in the air. You have to guess the direction they're pressing and hit the switch button I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was lucky enough (or so I thought) to buy a copy of marvel vs Capcom 3. I have been a fan of the series since the first game, I have always followed the franchise. Including similar titles x-men vs street fighter, Capcom vs SNK ect. Marvel vs capcom 3 seems to take one step forward and two steps back. The game is really dumbed down in order to make it more friendly towards new players. There is no longer a light kick button instead it is replaced by a launch attack. This totally removes the depth from marvel vs capcom 2 where you had to remember each characters unique launch attack to start air combos. Of course this would be totally forgivable if the game had a good roster. But it lacks the best characters (gambit,black heart, cyclops,charlie,venom,strider,war machine,cable, iceman) and includes worthless ones that no one asked for ( Mike Haggar ?,Arthur,Hsien-ko,nathan spencer,modok) The only positive thing about this game is that the graphics are pretty but that is about it. If anyone is considering buying this game I would suggest you rent it first. As for me this is going on ebay asap.

[quote name='Matt Young']I guess I'll be "that guy"- this should probably go in the MvC3 topic or the video game reviews subforum.[/QUOTE]
Lol well I guess it is a sort of review. I opened it on discussions because I wanted to hear what other people had to say about the game.

What is the "oh ah oh ah oh ah" from..I thought it was a Street Fighter death but didn't quite sound right. It is so familiar.

[quote name='spiderman4657']Lol well I guess it is a sort of review. I opened it on discussions because I wanted to hear what other people had to say about the game.[/QUOTE]

And there is also a game review forum that you could have posted this on.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I asked for Haggar and Arthur...[/QUOTE] I did, too. I like Haggar a lot.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']You and phantasystarx should hang out and be wrong about stuff together.[/QUOTE]
I was actually going to say, "Oh, it took THIS long for Phantasystarx to make a second account?"

[quote name='joe2187']take a look at this, seems like once she activates both modes its fucken over

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/13/x-factor-dark-phoenix-does-lot-damage-mvc3/[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP.

That is insane and makes me want Tuesday to be here even more!!

I am so jealous of everyone who already has this. I have never been this stoked for a fighting game in my whole life. Ten years of waiting has finally paid off and now I can finally put away my Dreamcast copy of MvC2 and stop pissing off my buddies by having them play it!

[quote name='KingBroly']Yes I do. And they put out like...2 patches I think. One for Tournament Mode which is useless and one for the second set of DLC costumes.

STILL waiting on Arcade Edition DLC though.[/QUOTE]

lol, STILL waiting. Oh dear, you've been waiting a month. Capcom promised Arcade vendors that the material would remain exclusive for a period of time. That's part of the deal.

Considering that Oni and Evil Ryu were JUST leaked, I can't see how we should expect DLC right now. What other patches does SSFIV need? It's not like Black Ops where they can release a soulless map pack every two weeks.

[quote name='GuardianE']lol, STILL waiting. Oh dear, you've been waiting a month. Capcom promised Arcade vendors that the material would remain exclusive for a period of time. That's part of the deal.

Considering that Oni and Evil Ryu were JUST leaked, I can't see how we should expect DLC right now. What other patches does SSFIV need? It's not like Black Ops where they can release a soulless map pack every two weeks.[/QUOTE]

The achievements were leaked in October or November. I've been waiting since they announced AE would have changes from the console version.

Hey, does Phoenix have 8-way dash? I heard she did.

[quote name='KingBroly']
STILL waiting on Arcade Edition DLC though.[/QUOTE]

Not going to come out for at least another couple of months.

I expect the earliest release to be around summertime.

SARCASM POST

wtf is jill valentine doing in my MvsC this bitch shoots zombies

who the hell is this blue sword carrying wannebee, hayato, getouto

sonson, wtf is this, is she going to throw poop

amingo? i dont want an illegal alien in my game

roll, what a female megaman clone please

colossus, on one cares for this dude

charlie, stupid guile clone

marrow, Who

spiral, wtf 6 arms

B.B. hood, go back to the woods

anakaris, i'adontcaris

[quote name='seanr1221']What? He's a capcom character, it's not like this is xmen vs street fighter and they threw him in.[/QUOTE]
From like an 80's arcade game that isn't relevant now. I can think of a bunch more characters that should be in his place.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The only character I don't understand is the console version of Spencer instead of the classic/Rearmed version of him.[/QUOTE]

This post is good.

Haggar was probably one of the most requested characters for this game. That fact that you started gaming on an Atari Jaguar in 2004 doesn't change that.

[quote name='antlp89']Not going to come out for at least another couple of months.

I expect the earliest release to be around summertime.[/QUOTE]

I suspect it'll come out in 2 portions.

First: Free download with updates for everyone; 2 DLC characters for pay

Second: 2 more DLC characters for pay

July and October respectively

They said it was being made by Backbone. That's all you really need to know.

Not to get into console wars here, but I've heard reports that the PS3 version has framerate drops. It might only be in high-def though. I played the PS3 version on Friday in 480i and it looked fine to me.

[quote name='KingBroly']They said it was being made by Backbone. That's all you really need to know.[/QUOTE]

lol, they did a good job with hdr so.....

Yea I believe you're right. I've heard this before from one of the tournaments I went to that was ps3 only. I think they said fei longs timing on his rekkas was different on ps3.

[quote name='KingBroly']The achievements were leaked in October or November. I've been waiting since they announced AE would have changes from the console version.

Hey, does Phoenix have 8-way dash? I heard she did.[/QUOTE]

Since when do leaked achievements have anything to do with a publisher's obligation to release content? Arcade Edition is exclusive to arcades for the time being. Capcom hasn't even acknowledged that it's being released for consoles (though it obviously will). That seems like a pretty silly reason to start waiting for DLC.

Supposedly, Oni and Evil Ryu weren't planned to be unlocked until a few months down the line, also arcade exclusive for the business reasons stated earlier... but their code was prematurely cracked.

[quote name='antlp89']Not going to come out for at least another couple of months.

I expect the earliest release to be around summertime.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure there was a leak from a reliable source on SRK confirming that there were plans to release it for DLC this summer. I remember gootecks mentioning something to that effect as well.

[quote name='KingBroly']They said it was being made by Backbone. That's all you really need to know.

Not to get into console wars here, but I've heard reports that the PS3 version has framerate drops. It might only be in high-def though. I played the PS3 version on Friday in 480i and it looked fine to me.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain nothing's been confirmed yet about Backbone's input, if any, for Third Strike Online. It would make sense, yes, but no one has said that they're involved in the project.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The only character I don't understand is the console version of Spencer instead of the classic/Rearmed version of him.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they'll offer a reskin down the line. I'm not sure why Capcom would want to remind people of Bionic Commando (2009).

Any idea if there's a way to turn the voices to a different language or off? The American voices just annoy me. Maybe I'm just too used to MvC2's voices, I dunno, but they just don't sound...right.

Itching to play this game so badly, it's so close. Anyone happen to know a lot about networking? I'm thinking about throwing a thread on the PC section soon, but I figured I might be able to get an answer right here and be done with it.

I just recently got internet, and it's all going fine except for the fact that it randomly spikes at points, leaving webpages hanging and causing disconnects on Xbox and PC games. I think I'm going to call our ISP support soon because it's becoming a huge problem. My connection just skyrockets randomly and I'll start lagging to hell on Xbox voice chat and in-game, and then on PC games I'll get disconnected from the server. Are there some ports I can forward on my router, or do I have to buy a new router, or what?

I had been pondering whether it was because of peak times for the ISP or something, but it happens at all different times throughout the day. Doesn't matter if I have a bunch of things using bandwidth (Xbox, PC, other laptop), as it has happened when I'm just browsing the web. For a while, I thought it might just be our router, but I direct-connected it to the modem a little while ago and it still spiked. Bleh.

[quote name='spiderman4657']From like an 80's arcade game that isn't relevant now. I can think of a bunch more characters that should be in his place.[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant? Final Fight was an influential and successful Capcom title that spawned multiple sequels beyond the '80s. Haggar's the main character, but he's never been included as a playable character in a fighting game (unlike Cody and Guy) aside from a few wrestling titles.

He's an awesome character and deserves inclusion, and like others have said, he's been highly requested. I'd like to know who you were hoping for instead.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Any idea if there's a way to turn the voices to a different language or off? The American voices just annoy me. Maybe I'm just too used to MvC2's voices, I dunno, but they just don't sound...right. [/QUOTE]

You'll have the option to change the majority (if not all) of the Capcom characters to Japanese voices. Not with the Marvel characters.

[quote name='GuardianE']Since when do leaked achievements have anything to do with a publisher's obligation to release content? Arcade Edition is exclusive to arcades for the time being. Capcom hasn't even acknowledged that it's being released for consoles (though it obviously will). That seems like a pretty silly reason to start waiting for DLC.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's not an obligation. But tell me when there's been leaked achievements that didn't result in DLC?

[quote name='GuardianE']You'll have the option to change the majority (if not all) of the Capcom characters to Japanese voices. Not with the Marvel characters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can change all the Capcom characters, can't change any Marvel characters.

------

I gotta say, though, that the more and more I play this game, the more I wish they would've just left X-Factor out. It completely changes the complexion of the game, and not in a fun way. It lasts WAY to long and it's advantages are too drastic. It basically comes down to whether or not the person using X-Factor can land their weak attack or not. It gets kind of annoying fast when playing online.

[quote name='spiderman4657']From like an 80's arcade game that isn't relevant now. I can think of a bunch more characters that should be in his place.[/QUOTE]

Everyone else has already put you into your place, but I want a shot too.

• Final Fight was an incredibly important arcade game at the time of its release. It's also sort of a spin-off of Street Fighter and there are lots of crossovers between the two series.
  • Final Fight was ported to tons of systems, so it wasn't just an arcade game. SNES, Sega CD, Game Boy Advance, and recently Xbox 360 and PS3
  • There have been several Final Fight sequels: FF 2, FF3, Final Fight Mini on NES, and Final Fight Streetwise on Xbox 1/PS2. So it's not like Final Fight was just an 80s thing.
  • Haggar is a popular character who has not only appeared in every Final Fight game, but lots of other games including the aforementioned Saturday Night Slam-masters series.
  • You are silly for talking crap about Haggar.
That is all!

If you don't mind the fact that I'm not exactly a master of fighting games, or you happen to be around that same level yourself, feel free to add me, fellas. We've got some fighting to do.

What team is everyone who already has the game rockin? I've been thinking of using Akuma/Wesker/Deadpool (possibly switching out Deadpool for Captain America or Taskmaster), but I don't exactly know how they play.

bread's done
Back