Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

LOL... you can actually run out of money in the first ME? I didn't think such a thing were possible. You were literally resupplied with mountains of expensive junk almost every battle. The only feasible way to become broke and remain broke is to flat out horde everything and turn whatever you can't keep into Medigel... CONSISTENTLY. >_>

man my SCARE on my eye is gone, dammit

oh and i couldn't find anywhere to type my redeem codes so i used biowares social network thing and the codes worked, i have turned on my xbox like 3 times without the last hour while just casually playing and i dont see any download and i dont see any armor/guns. wtf do i do, the codes worked and i used the RIGHT email

i looked through my setting/profile at it says gamertag: none. i used the same email!!. i dont see an option to edit it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timesplitt']man my SCARE on my eye is gone, dammit

oh and i couldn't find anywhere to type my redeem codes so i used biowares social network thing and the codes worked, i have turned on my xbox like 3 times without the last hour while just casually playing and i dont see any download and i dont see any armor/guns. wtf do i do, the codes worked and i used the RIGHT email

i looked through my setting/profile at it says gamertag: none. i used the same email!!. i dont see an option to edit it[/QUOTE]

Check the Bioware Mass Effect 2 Forums and there should be posts and official answers on this.

God, I'm loving the game. The combat feels so much better. And the collector's edition armor looks sweet! Just got done with a couple of side missions but a few hours earlier I recruited
Mordin and Garrus on Omega. The whole quest where you turn on the Blue Suns and Blood Pack mercenaries to rescue "Archangel" is bad ass. I have to say, I truly didn't expect it to be Garrus when he took off his helmet. Had him in my party for every quest since:applause:. Mordin is a pretty excellent character as well.

Question about the free DLC that comes with new copies. Is there an expiration date for redeeming it like there is with Dragon Age: Origins? I probably won't be picking this one up for a little while and just want to figure how long I should wait.

[quote name='yukine']So how awesome is the Inferno Armor? Amazon screwed me on the code, even though I pre-ordered the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I preordered as well and Amazon has not sent me anything regarding the inferno armor

If the Inferno Armor is anything like the other pre-order bonus armors it is probably just average in terms of stats. Also it is sort of annoying how you can't take your helmet off with the special armors.

I personally like to have my characters running around w/o a helmet as much as possible so while I appreciate the way different pieces of armor boost Shepard's N7 armor stats it is sad that I am sort of being punished for walking around without a helmet.

Luckily, I stopped last night before I got really into it so I could get some damn sleep. Damn, the combat is different. I just finished my insanity ME1 playthrough where I was lifting and throwing right and left and then it's like WTF is this GOW? I'm really not sure which powers I want to max right now.

Can you buy new casual clothes in any of the shops? I don't like any of the default ones.

[quote name='Dasflikko']If the Inferno Armor is anything like the other pre-order bonus armors it is probably just average in terms of stats. Also it is sort of annoying how you can't take your helmet off with the special armors.

I personally like to have my characters running around w/o a helmet as much as possible so while I appreciate the way different pieces of armor boost Shepard's N7 armor stats it is sad that I am sort of being punished for walking around without a helmet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. BioWare did such a good job with the facial animations (especially the eyes). Its a shame that you miss all that by using one of these special armors.

[quote name='ananag112']Can you buy new casual clothes in any of the shops? I don't like any of the default ones.

Agreed. BioWare did such a good job with the facial animations (especially the eyes). Its a shame that you miss all that by using one of these special armors.[/QUOTE]

So apparently the special armors not having removable helmets is something a lot of people have issues with.

http://kotaku.com/5457584/mass-effect-2-has-dlc-and-helmet-issues

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL... you can actually run out of money in the first ME? I didn't think such a thing were possible. You were literally resupplied with mountains of expensive junk almost every battle. The only feasible way to become broke and remain broke is to flat out horde everything and turn whatever you can't keep into Medigel... CONSISTENTLY. >_>[/QUOTE]
I only ran out in my first playthrough about midway through the game, after that I quickly maxed out and stayed maxed out. I just expected the first playthrough in this to be similar... It's still not. Bought a ton of other stuff today and still have waaaaaaay too much money.

Also, for those asking about the Inferno armor, I've been using it a majority of my playthrough and it isn't that great at all, the only thing that's good about it is the extra 10% negotiation bonus and I like that I can see my Shep's face through it.

So has anyone been able to download the DLC with the new team member in it? The news item shows up on Cerebrus network on the menu screen but how do you download it?

[quote name='Anexanhume']Luckily, I stopped last night before I got really into it so I could get some damn sleep. Damn, the combat is different. I just finished my insanity ME1 playthrough where I was lifting and throwing right and left and then it's like WTF is this GOW? I'm really not sure which powers I want to max right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to get a grasp on combat and powers myself. It sort of plays like GoW but not quite as the lack of wall bounce/sliding in and out cover from a reasonable distance is SEVERELY missed. Most of the time I'm getting riddled with bullets before the game recognizes that I'm close enough to cover to actually BE IN IT. :bomb:

Another gripe is the lack of competent and consistent squad AI. They casually alternate between intelligent weapons of mass destruction sometimes dispatching whole units before you can get a chance to establish a flanking position. The next they seem to suffer from collective amnesia taking light years to get into cover (if at all), spontaneously snap out of it to rambo through enemies that will turn them into swiss cheese, spam the wrong power wheel talents against protected enemies and prioritize threats horribly (while standing next to you and enemies are whooping your ass from behind - WTF).

I'd also love to smack whoever was responsible for mapping party power wheel talents for use in real time on the same two directions on the d-pad ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR POSITIONING YOUR SQUAD ON THE BATTLEFIELD. ...Seriously? Quite often instead of Overloading or Shockwaving enemies I'll inadvertently send my team out of the frying pan and into the fire because of this near ridiculous oversight. The up direction on the d-pad seems to do NOTHING and even if it has a use would it have been so wrong to allow mapping of infamously underused diagonals? Better yet change configuration when in battle?

Make no mistake this game is far from perfect combat wise but a century ahead of the original and I still love it to death.

I'm sure once I bang out a few play-throughs I'll be competent enough to adapt to this bullshit, but for now I am not pleased. :cry:

Redeeming the Gamestop code is a pain in the ass. I keep getting error messages. How am I supposed to enter the code? Every time I do it doesn't go through. Dashes? Spaces? What's the deal? They should have just done if from the Marketplace. Would have taken like 10 seconds.

[quote name='Blackout']Redeeming the Gamestop code is a pain in the ass. I keep getting error messages. How am I supposed to enter the code? Every time I do it doesn't go through. Dashes? Spaces? What's the deal? They should have just done if from the Marketplace. Would have taken like 10 seconds.[/QUOTE]

dont put the dashes in the code when you type it in

I am 20 minutes in and this game is fucking awesome already

Also, I like knowing that every female in the future has an amazing ass a nice rack.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
Make no mistake this game is far from perfect combat wise but a century ahead of the original and I still love it to death.

I'm sure once I bang out a few play-throughs I'll be competent enough to adapt to this bullshit, but for now I am not pleased. [/QUOTE]

I hear you man. I was completely flummoxed with the combat as well. I've also totally noticed how the AI is completely inept in one fight and then suddenly headshotting and killing enemies that are 3 miles away. Oh well, this game is still light years ahead of ME1 in just about every way.

My only real and somewhat minor complaint so far is that the planet scanning is pretty tedious. I find myself waking up with chills in the middle of the night and hearing a voice far off in the distance saying "launching probe".

Anyways, I am pretty sure you will find the combat more enjoyable as you continue playing.

Also is it just me or is it just crazy awesome when your squad alerts you to an enemy position or lets your know when their abilities are ready? I'm really digging the flavour speech as well.

Hearing Garrus shout out with utter GLEE that an enemy "NEVER SAW ME COMING!!!" is never going to get old.

Ever.

Forever ever.

[quote name='Malik112099']dont put the dashes in the code when you type it in

I am 20 minutes in and this game is fucking awesome already

Also, I like knowing that every female in the future has an amazing ass a nice rack.[/QUOTE]

Spaces seemed to work after several tries. It took me about 10 minutes just to get registered though because it couldn't connect to the server or something. I hate when games make you use their websites for stuff. Makes everything too complicated.

[quote name='Dasflikko']I hear you man. I was completely flummoxed with the combat as well. I've also totally noticed how the AI is completely inept in one fight and then suddenly headshotting and killing enemies that are 3 miles away. Oh well, this game is still light years ahead of ME1 in just about every way.

My only real and somewhat minor complaint so far is that the planet scanning is pretty tedious. I find myself waking up with chills in the middle of the night and hearing a voice far off in the distance saying "launching probe".

Anyways, I am pretty sure you will find the combat more enjoyable as you continue playing.

Also is it just me or is it just crazy awesome when your squad alerts you to an enemy position or lets your know when their abilities are ready? I'm really digging the flavour speech as well.

Hearing Garrus shout out with utter GLEE that an enemy "NEVER SAW ME COMING!!!" is never going to get old.

Ever.

Forever ever.[/QUOTE]

ed91614b43cf7e461d223d1a29c06cbb.gif

[quote name='Dasflikko']I hear you man. I was completely flummoxed with the combat as well. I've also totally noticed how the AI is completely inept in one fight and then suddenly headshotting and killing enemies that are 3 miles away. Oh well, this game is still light years ahead of ME1 in just about every way.

Lastly...
the conversation between the Quarian and Turian on Illium was well played by Bioware. Definitely going to put a sad panda face on a majority of the Tali fanboys itching to bonk her if it was truly a means of forewarning.

Ever.

Forever ever.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly enough so far I've actually been enjoying mining a hell of a lot more here than in the original because usually you only need to thoroughly scan two planets rich with minerals to afford what you'll need. Sadly the research project for speeding up the process while a vast improvement still moves with the speed of a severely wounded turtle trapped in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

I couldn't agree more with the level of interaction between your squad and the battlefield. A part of me can't help but smirk internally whenever Zero chimes in "I WILL DESTROY YOU!" before delivering a Shockwave.

Has anyone else been disappointed with the lack of accessible side quests? It seems like I'm being forced to rush through the game instead of taking my time because I either can't find any or they barely last 15 minutes. Kind of annoying.

I kinda wish they implemented DA:O's helmet off during conversations thing. I was rocking the Blood Dragon Armor, but conversations started looking too awkward so I ended up going back to N7 stuff.

[quote name='Malik112099']I cant stop staring at Miranda's tits. Also, she looks exactly like an actress but I cant figure out which one.[/QUOTE]

She's modeled after the actress that voices her.

[quote name='moojuice']I kinda wish they implemented DA:O's helmet off during conversations thing. I was rocking the Blood Dragon Armor, but conversations started looking too awkward so I ended up going back to N7 stuff.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Btw has ANYONE actually FOUND an SMG yet or are the pistols considered as such because I have plenty of upgrades for the former that I can't use. I also haven't found a new shotgun yet which is ridiculous because I'm a damn Vanguard. -_-'

I only played for about an hour last night and it's fantastic! I can't wait till the weekend where I'll be able to sit down in front of my tv for 12 hours. I'm a little disappointed that I read they took out the Mako exploration. Even though a lot of people hated it, I really enjoyed that.

I met Conrad Verner a little while ago. Hahahaha,
he's been dressing like me, acting like me, and telling people that he's an undercover officer since I was dead. XDDD Shit's hilarious. And then he told me that I shouldn't have died and that he sometimes has to poke around malfunctioning objects for extra credits.

Also am in the middle of Miranda's trust mission and damn, I can't communicate how much I love her. Her mission adds an amazing amount of depth to he character that really isn't visible from the surface.

I'm finishing her mission as well and now that she's cranked down the bitchitude to a -6 I actually quite enjoy her.
The Asari commander calling her a Cerberus whore in that outfit and Zero agreeing were too funny.

[quote name='epb']Question about the free DLC that comes with new copies. Is there an expiration date for redeeming it like there is with Dragon Age: Origins? I probably won't be picking this one up for a little while and just want to figure how long I should wait.[/QUOTE]

My card said code expires January 1, 2012.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Btw has ANYONE actually FOUND an SMG yet or are the pistols considered as such because I have plenty of upgrades for the former that I can't use. I also haven't found a new shotgun yet which is ridiculous because I'm a damn Vanguard. -_-'[/QUOTE]

Damn man, how far into the game are you? I'm about 12 hours into my Vanguard game and still haven't found a new shotgun either!!!! :bomb:

Oh shit...

Shi'ala wants the peniiiiissssss and if possible in the future my Shepard will gladly whore himself out to her to maintain the safety of the galaxy.

My Shepard is now a beast and I will have no one question it.

And Das, I am barely an hour or two ahead of you. It is seriously getting ridiculous but I'm going to search through the weapon shop on Illum with a fine tooth comb and if I don't see a new shotty heads will roll damnit. -_-'

How in the HELL are you going to have frickin' map charts available for purchase BEFORE a gun your character specializes in?

And Das, I am barely an hour or two ahead of you. It is seriously getting ridiculous but I'm going to search through the weapon shop on Illum with a fine tooth comb and if I don't see a new shotty heads will roll damnit. -_-'

How in the HELL are you going to have frickin' map charts available for purchase BEFORE a gun your character specializes in?[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll just have to pistol it up then... :cry:

[quote name='Dasflikko']Guess I'll just have to pistol it up then... :cry:[/QUOTE]

We both will have to continue down this ridiculous path for long range answers to long range problems when our squad is recharging talents because the damn shop has nothing but SMG and AR mods. Oh my god... this is stupid. I don't even HAVE a damn SMG yet. NO ONE IN MY PARTY DOES EITHER AND NONE OF THE ENEMIES I'VE RAN INTO USE THEM OR SHOTTIES.

My advice to you is follow in my footsteps by maxing out Charge and Assault to boost your stats if you want to actually use your shotty more than occasionally on the field. Best part is there's a research project that allows you to reset your points so long as you have the necessary minerals to pay for it. Try it out some time man.

My advice to you is follow in my footsteps by maxing out Charge and Assault to boost your stats if you want to actually use your shotty more than occasionally on the field. Best part is there's a research project that allows you to reset your points so long as you have the necessary minerals to pay for it. Try it out some time man.[/QUOTE]

Oh that is fucking GREAT. Can you reset everyone's points or just Shepards? Shockwave isn't as nifty as I thought it was going to be and I wouldn't mind re-speccing heavier into something else.

I could have sworn it affected the whole squad but I haven't had time to check because I'm still tracking down Thane and Samara. Obviously I can confirm it works for Shep though and if it does work for the rest of them then it would probably be accessible via your personal terminal. It's fairly cheap too so go nuts.

It's also nice that you get
new outfits
for doing those loyalty side quests. I wonder what new looks they came up with.

EDIT - Nevermind. L-O-fuckING-L.
Miranda's new outfit is basically the same except its black, blue and extra tight... especially under the light.

What a whore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dasflikko']Oh that is fucking GREAT. Can you reset everyone's points or just Shepards? Shockwave isn't as nifty as I thought it was going to be and I wouldn't mind re-speccing heavier into something else.[/QUOTE]
Really? I use shockwave all the time. Especially when it gets higher it can go through cover.

Quick Question. Where do I imput the Armor/Gun code I got from Gamestop? The guy at the store didn't give it to me when I picked the game up, so I called the store and was lucky enough to have someone give me a code over the phone. So needless to say I don't have the directions on where to DL it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Really? I use shockwave all the time. Especially when it gets higher it can go through cover.[/QUOTE]

It just doesn't have quite the range I was hoping for, so I think I am going to try being a more biotic charge and pull oriented Vanguard after my respec. But we'll see, maybe I will end up using shockwave a lot more before I am done with the game. Going through cover definitely makes it sound better!

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Quick Question. Where do I imput the Armor/Gun code I got from Gamestop? The guy at the store didn't give it to me when I picked the game up, so I called the store and was lucky enough to have someone give me a code over the phone. So needless to say I don't have the directions on where to DL it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

masseffect.com/redeem

bread's done
Back