Mass Effect 2 (new) @ Wal-Mart = $10.96

Roethlisberger

CAGiversary!
This is my first deal post, so please be forgiving if this price has already been posted.

Wal-Mart.com has Mass Effect 2 @ $10.96 with free 'ship-to-store'
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/10979133

It is free shipping if you select ship-to-store.
Standard Shipping to your home address is also pretty reasonable...comes in at just less than $2 for me...which should be close to the same for anyone else if you are just ordering one game.

OK...my first post. I know this game has steadily been decreasing in price for the last 6 months, but this is the cheapest I have sceen it yet brand new.
Hope this info helps!

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You do know the reason Pinnacle Station wasn't included was because it didn't exist, right?

Platinum Hits release: February 20th, 2009 (source)
Pinnacle Station release: August 25th, 2009 (source)

If there's another Platinum Hits release, I don't think it's fair to assume they'll leave DLC off unless we're talking about the "bridging the gap" between ME2 and ME3 content that comes out later this year, which may be another case of "didn't exist when disc was pressed."

It's also worth noting that the Platinum Hits version of the first title was a really nice package - the second disc had documentaries, production art, the soundtrack, and a very pretty exclusive Normandy premium dashboard theme.

For ~$10, I'd absolutely pick up the game - it's one of the best RPGs I've played - but I wouldn't fault you for waiting either.

Again, based on what? The IGN link I had for the Platinum Hits source has the price listed at $40. EA isn't in the habit of rereleasing their older titles at full price, especially when most places have had ME2 for $40 or less for months. A rerelease won't be $20 initially, but it's not going to be full price either.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2- $20-$30 MSRP new currently
Mass Effect 2 3 mission DLC packs- $25 MSRP
Mass Effect 2 weapon/armor/costume packs- $2 each and there's been what 7 of them or so?

A $20 game and $40 or so of DLC on a sepearate disc screams $60 Ultimate Edition to me if EA does it.

Like I said above, the extra disc with the Platinum Hits edition of ME 1 is everything that was on the bonus disk in the LE plus a few extras. When KMart had ME 1 for $10 the week before ME 2 came out, I bought it just to get the extra disc and traded the game disc only into Gamestop as I already had the CE.

I tried to trade the game on Goozex as disc only even though I was sending the case also, but every time I got a match people wouldn't accept it as just that disc, they wanted the 2nd disc also which I wanted to keep. Even when I listed it as the vanilla game, they got pissy when I shipped the PH disc with case but no bonus disk and I had to take it back.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']You do know the reason Pinnacle Station wasn't included was because it didn't exist, right?
[/QUOTE]
Dammit, I'm drunk on power. Leave me alone.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']I missed this again![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't pout too much. There will be a PH/GOTY version of this game on the 360 just around the time PS3 users get the game. It'll be a nice consolation prize for 360 owners while their PS3 brothers finally get a chance to play it.

I'm waiting for the game to go PH -- actually, I'm waiting for all 3 to hit PH and that inevitable triple pack.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I wouldn't pout too much. There will be a PH/GOTY version of this game on the 360 just around the time PS3 users get the game. It'll be a nice consolation prize for 360 owners while their PS3 brothers finally get a chance to play it.

I'm waiting for the game to go PH -- actually, I'm waiting for all 3 to hit PH and that inevitable triple pack.[/QUOTE]

where are you getting this info?

[quote name='bardockkun']Unless I'm reading it wrong, shouldn't it be "More than a year?"

And didn't Rock Band 2 stay at $60 for awhile?[/QUOTE]

Negative. It's less than a year. ME2 isn't 1 year old yet 1/19/10 (12 Days left). And I'm pretty sure I got RB2 for 19.99 less than 6 months (maybe even earlier) after release from Dell. Look at RB3 right now, $30 @ Walmart. EA games do not stay anywhere near retail too long after release.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I wouldn't pout too much. There will be a PH/GOTY version of this game on the 360 just around the time PS3 users get the game. It'll be a nice consolation prize for 360 owners while their PS3 brothers finally get a chance to play it.

I'm waiting for the game to go PH -- actually, I'm waiting for all 3 to hit PH and that inevitable triple pack.[/QUOTE]

Do you work for Bioware/EA? I wouldn't dare say something like that unless you're 1000% certain. The game already retails for 19.99, why would there be a PH now? They can make more $ off DLC than bundling it with the game. Lose-Lose.

Do you work for Bioware/EA? I wouldn't dare say something like that unless you're 1000% certain. The game already retails for 19.99, why would there be a PH now? They can make more $ off DLC than bundling it with the game. Lose-Lose.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Negative. It's less than a year. ME2 isn't 1 year old yet 1/19/10 (12 Days left). And I'm pretty sure I got RB2 for 19.99 less than 6 months (maybe even earlier) after release from Dell. Look at RB3 right now, $30 @ Walmart. EA games do not stay anywhere near retail too long after release.[/QUOTE]
I Thought you meant actual MSRP drop, not random sales, in which case alot of companies and games are excluded.

Does this keep coming back in stock at random times? Every time I see this thread I check the website and it's never in stock. Am I just missing it every time or am I blind?

[quote name='life.exe']Does this keep coming back in stock at random times? Every time I see this thread I check the website and it's never in stock. Am I just missing it every time or am I blind?[/QUOTE]
It usually comes back in stock around noon pacific time these past few days then selling out.

[quote name='confoosious']where are you getting this info?[/QUOTE]

Sorry -- to clarify, it's not based on any actual information. I'm looking at the fact that this is a mega-popular game that I'm sure EA has sold many, many, many copies of already.

I used to work in marketing/advertising for one of the big 3 console companies; the general approach is to sell as many copies of a game as possible to the early adopters and then to gradually entice newcomers through lower MSRP. Afterwards, you release new editions (in this case, a PH version) to scoop up the holdouts and on-the-fence players.

Given ME2 is the GOTY from sites like Gametrailers and others, I'd be sorely surprised if EA/Microsoft do not offer a Platinum Hits version down the road (and again, its sales figures are very good, too). Even games like Halo went PH and games far less popular had PH editions.

I can also see MS approving a PH release to blunt the fact that ME2 is coming out on PS3. It'd be a nice way for MS to give its players a nice consolation prize for the fact that ME has now went multi-platform. My guess is that there's some sort of conversation going on about this. Recall this is what Capcom did with games like Lost Planet -- once the game came out on PS3 with improved stuff, Capcom let loose a triple pack on the 360 collecting Dead Rising, LP Colonies Edition, and DMC4.

Finally, you might want to think about this from EA's standpoint. EA is going to spend some money promoting Mass Effect 2 again. It might as well release a newer edition for the 360 (i.e. a PH edition) to better capitalize on the marketing dollars it's pumping in anyways -- i.e. promote a 360 release that includes DLC or extra stuff to grab the rest of the 360 holdouts while selling to the new PS3 userbase. This makes a LOT of sense and from experience, EA tends to make solid marketing decisions.

All of this is speculation, and I can't prove any of it; like I said though, would be REALLY shocked to see anything but this happen.

And I do stand by my position that we'll see a trilogy pack years from now; and that's when I'll pick it up.

why the damn PS3 version is still $60 dollars in all stores!
I have a friend on best buy that will price match me any game but I need to show him proof!

The PS3 version just came out a few months ago and includes most DLC while the 360 version is over a year old. That's why.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']why the damn PS3 version is still $60 dollars in all stores!
I have a friend on best buy that will price match me any game but I need to show him proof![/QUOTE]
Tell me about it, now that I have an EA $20 off coupon Im waiting for this game to be on sale.

[quote name='jdawgg76']The PS3 version just came out a few months ago and includes most DLC while the 360 version is over a year old. That's why.[/QUOTE]

And the 360 version has no included DLC so if you buy all 4 mission packs at MSRP they cost $31.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']why the damn PS3 version is still $60 dollars in all stores!
I have a friend on best buy that will price match me any game but I need to show him proof![/QUOTE]

Did you really have to resurrect this thread for that?

lol you do know the PS3 version only came out this year, and as others have said it includes the DLC already as well, therefore justifying a higher price.

bread's done
Back