Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow @ the stats on the Ajax armor. Seems like it probably replaces the Cerberus Assault Armor as the best choice for Soldier Shepard. A bit less weapon damage but the other stats make up for it.[/QUOTE]I'd have to second that opinion. It would hard to build all that up on the bits-and-pieces approach on the customizable armor, so that's certainly a go-to set for Soldier Shepards.

Nice pics on the alternate squadmate items. I wonder how the rest of them look.

Saw the Volus Mercenary Sentinel is now available. Decent defensive mix, even if it seems like a bit of a mish-mash of abilities at this point. We'll know that BioWare is messing with us if they release a Volus Vanguard with Biotic Charge, Cluster Grenades and Flamer.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgLxemOTgOo

The armor sets with Cerberus logos made a certain kind of sense in Mass Effect 2, since you were pretty much playing as a Cerberus operative (even if not necessarily looking to broadcast that fact), but in ME3 it just seems silly.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It doesn't make sense. But, if you want to play the campaign as a Cerberus Engineer, here's your chance. :/

Spends $75 on Blu-rays on Amazon, puts away wallet claiming he's done with pre-Black Friday sales:
154310_387452864663436_219524769_n.jpg

sob!

Too late for me, Spy........I finally picked up the Phantom tee, Shepard mimobot and the blue SR2 hat for $54 shipped.

Also, the weekend Op is up and allied goals are back! Sweet!

The hoodies were on a huge sale early in the summer, but they've pretty much sold out and just got restocked. If you really want one, I'd say get it now with the 20% off going on. They're nice hoodies, too. I have the original style navy blue N7 hoodie and love it. The newer ones are even nicer and more detailed.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The hoodies were on a huge sale early in the summer, but they've pretty much sold out and just got restocked. If you really want one, I'd say get it now with the 20% off going on. They're nice hoodies, too. I have the original style navy blue N7 hoodie and love it. The newer ones are even nicer and more detailed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I spent a lot on other Black Friday deals so I think I will just wait.

Also a while back I said I refused to buy Leviathan...I officially eat crow with that cause its on sale for 400 MSP and I am going to bite.

Just a heads up: Leviathan DLC is only 400 points today only for any late adopters like me. Tastes even better with 1/2 price points from Target last night!

Edit: Oops, also said right above.

Leviathan is pretty sweet with a few unique gameplay sequences. Worth every penny.

On the MP side, I finally unlocked that Turian Ghost Infiltrator. Wow, that's one fun kit to play! Only a matter of time before those stim packs are nerfed into the ground, tho.

I must admit the Corsair banner from the Weekend challenge is pretty bad ass. It's got the lore nerd in me type hype for the Omega DLC. Too bad the consumer in me still ain't buying that shit though.

I bought Leviathan except I don't know when I'll ever play it. Broke down in buying it on sale since there's no GotY edition type thing ever happening for ME. I guess I'll play it whenever Omega goes on sale next year.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I dig Garrus and Liara.[/QUOTE]

I would swap Edi's for Liara's, but only 2 of 4 being cosmetically pleasing to me not good enough for purchase.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Is the DLC worth it? I don't actually know much about it - I assume single player DLC with achievements?[/QUOTE]
Yup. There are two single player DLCs (From Ashes and Leviathan) so far and another (Omega) coming next week. From Ashes adds a squadmate.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Is the DLC worth it? I don't actually know much about it - I assume single player DLC with achievements?[/QUOTE]

From Ashes has 2 achievements for 50 points and Leviathan has 4 achievements for 125 points. The others would have to speak for Leviathan but From Ashes I would almost consider essentially for having from the start.

Also I've spoken briefly about this on my two podcasts this week, but where in the hell is the outcry over the AC 3 ending?! I criticized ME 3 pretty harshly, but farely in my mind, on my two shows but AC 3 is just a big pile of shit for an ending. A 5-game leadup for that?! At least I didn't trade in ME 3 to wash the horrible taste out of my mouth like I just did on AC 3.

I wasn't as invested as I was in Mass Effect, but the only reason a new AC game is out this year is b/c the story was tied around the Mayan 2012 thing plus Ubisoft wants to be Activision and have a game out yearly. Everything is tied to Desmond's ancestors and how he's the destined one to save everyone and (AC 3 ending spoiler)
he puts his hand on a sphere to release a massive EM pulse that blocks a solar flare from causing another apocalypse on Earth and also releases a psychotic member of the First Civilization who had imprisoned herself in the bunker waiting for a chance to get out and now wants to dominate the human race. Oh and he died the instant he touched the sphere.

I'm pretty much done with AC series now. I'll rebuy it when it's $10 next year for the MP but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']From Ashes has 2 achievements for 50 points and Leviathan has 4 achievements for 125 points. The others would have to speak for Leviathan but From Ashes I would almost consider essentially for having from the start.

Also I've spoken briefly about this on my two podcasts this week, but where in the hell is the outcry over the AC 3 ending?! I criticized ME 3 pretty harshly, but farely in my mind, on my two shows but AC 3 is just a big pile of shit for an ending. A 5-game leadup for that?! At least I didn't trade in ME 3 to wash the horrible taste out of my mouth like I just did on AC 3.[/QUOTE]

I read the spoiler in your other post not knowing it had to do with AC. I have to say that ending is dumb however I think I know why no one is giving a damn about it. I think no one cares because the game isn't based on decisions you make and has never been built up like the Mass Effect franchise has in that regard. If it isn't that then it is because people the ME3 ending made it so that people don't care when they get a shit ending and the AC one doesn't bother them as bad due to ME3.

Hell I have 3 or 4 of the games here and I'm considering not even playing them now because of how messed up that ending sounds. It seems like they went in a completely different direction with the series than what the first game seemed to have started. I would have never expected that sort of ending based on what I played from the first. Knowing that, that is the ending and how bad the controls are I really have no urge to play it.

[quote name='sendme']I think no one cares because the game isn't based on decisions you make and has never been built up like the Mass Effect franchise has in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding. I think we have a winner.

What do I win?

Anyway I never could get past the controls of the first one, but I would like the play the rest of them however with that ending I'm still debating it. I'm now just trying to tell myself it works with the other story that you don't see in all the commercials.

Also after hearing what the ending was for AC3 and playing ME3 I think I may have to know what the ending to a game is for me to even give a shit about it. Hell I still have Halo 4 that I have not even started playing. I have not read any backlash about it and I'm sure if the ending was really fucked up like AC3 and ME3 people would be bitching by now. Hell maybe it is only when it comes to the third game that also happens to end the series.

[quote name='sendme']What do I win?

Anyway I never could get past the controls of the first one, but I would like the play the rest of them however with that ending I'm still debating it. I'm now just trying to tell myself it works with the other story that you don't see in all the commercials.

Also after hearing what the ending was for AC3 and playing ME3 I think I may have to know what the ending to a game is for me to even give a shit about it. Hell I still have Halo 4 that I have not even started playing. I have not read any backlash about it and I'm sure if the ending was really fucked up like AC3 and ME3 people would be bitching by now. Hell maybe it is only when it comes to the third game that also happens to end the series.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 didnt have a particularly outstanding ending but it also is the first game in a new trilogy. Still worth playing for sure.

Halo 4 did a great job making the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana compelling, but aside from that, the plot and the ending were basically just "Go here and blow this thing up for... reasons"

RETAKE OMEGA! Good Lord that trailer is sick. Can't wait. It seems like they're capturing the essence of the Invasion comic and Petrovsky perfectly. Aria is gonna kick so much ass. Ha!

YouTube trailer in case anyone was having trouble with the IGN link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxI8kyM4zA

Also only three achievements that look pretty rote and predictable, which is a bit of a disappointment.

Savior
Free Omega from Cerberus occupation

Talon
Find the Talon leader

Meticulous
Complete all the Command Center side-missions on Omega

Has it been confirmed that this is the last single player DLC? Looking forward to playing through it, though I don't know I'll do enough replays to get the 5k achievement after the patch wiped out achievement progress.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Has it been confirmed that this is the last single player DLC? Looking forward to playing through it, though I don't know I'll do enough replays to get the 5k achievement after the patch wiped out achievement progress.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there will be more. If I remember correctly, some assets hinting at a DLC on the Citadel have been dug up through datamining.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Finally carrying out the dream of banging Aria

:cool:[/QUOTE]

I read that you can flirt with Aria but the only rule of Omega remains unbroken.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I read that you can flirt with Aria but the only rule of Omega remains unbroken.[/QUOTE]I believe that those reports mentioned that you can't romance her, as in have her as an LI. Nothing I want my Shepard to do to her would be considered romantic.

We're hitting this shit, Consort style!

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I believe that those reports mentioned that you can't romance her, as in have her as an LI. Nothing I want my Shepard to do to her would be considered romantic.

We're hitting this shit, Consort style![/QUOTE]

My man.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I believe that those reports mentioned that you can't romance her, as in have her as an LI. Nothing I want my Shepard to do to her would be considered romantic.

We're hitting this shit, Consort style![/QUOTE]

Tapping dat asz in tha champagne room!

There are some good twitter AR feeds at @ omega_cerberus and @fightforomega.

Also, Mike Gamble has confirmed via twitter that they are working on more single player dlc post Omega.

bread's done
Back