Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep, I always play with subtitles on. I play late at night sometimes and don't want to bother my neighbors, or my girlfriend if she's trying to sleep etc.

Dialogue tends to be quite relative to the action scenes in games as well, which makes that more of an issue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to have subs on with Mass Effect but with Mass Effect 2 I just used headphones. Sub titles breaks the cinematic experience imo.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Changing topics, now.

Who do you think the unidentified Male sniper (from the reveal trailer) is? Is he an unnamed civilian simply used to showcase the devastation brought forth by the Reapers, and how Shepard is the hero that everyone is looking for?

Is he a specific character that we may have heard of or seen before?

Maybe a potential squadmate for ME3?[/QUOTE]I don't think he's a civilian, mainly because he's been dosing himself on stims / painkillers to keep himself going from his leg wound that was bandaged up. Seems like local Earth military, probably an Alliance marine that was in the middle of London when the excrement hit the circular rotating ventilation object.

I'm sure Shepard's looked in two ways in regards to the Reapers. One side looks at him/her as our savior and the only one that can defend Earth and the rest of the galaxy against them. The other side looks at him/her as the person who stirred up the beehive of the Reapers and that we wouldn't have had any issues without what he's/she's done against them.

Second group is obviously batshit crazy to have their opinion.

Someone mentioned in the leak thread that the person with the sniper rifle is Grayson, which I'm assuming is from one of the books. Not sure of the reference otherwise.

I'm sure if he's someone that's been brought up in the books and Bioware considers them to be canon, he could be a squadmate or NPC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone mentioned in the leak thread that the person with the sniper rifle is Grayson, which I'm assuming is from one of the books. Not sure of the reference otherwise.

I'm sure if he's someone that's been brought up in the books and Bioware considers them to be canon, he could be a squadmate or NPC.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely NOT Grayson. Book spoilers here:
He was killed in Mass Effect: Retribution. Speaking of Retribution, Anderson has a big part in it. He steps down from his political post (not named specifically, so it could either be councilor or advisor depending on your playthrough) and kicks some major ass. I'm guessing that Udina is going to have the political power in ME3 and Anderson is going to help Shepard out through contacts gained during his short political career on the Citadel.

It's definitely NOT Grayson. Book spoilers here:
He was killed in Mass Effect: Retribution. Speaking of Retribution, Anderson has a big part in it. He steps down from his political post (not named specifically, so it could either be councilor or advisor depending on your playthrough) and kicks some major ass. I'm guessing that Udina is going to have the political power in ME3 and Anderson is going to help Shepard out through contacts gained during his short political career on the Citadel.
Well, so much for that thought. :dunce: As I said, didn't read the books yet, so obviously wouldn't know that fact.

I guess the unknown sniper is Alliance Red Shirt #1 until more info is determined?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm think the character the trailer will end up being someone you interact with on Earth, but I don't think he'll be party member (and I'm likely wrong.) Just a hunch.

As for subtitles, I almost always have them on. Too many concerts in small venues reeked havoc on my ears. Plus, as I've verified with FFXIII right now, it's easier for me to identify made up words.

[quote name='Arikado']It's definitely NOT Grayson. Book spoilers here:
[/QUOTE]

My bad I haven't read the third book yet, just the first 2.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't think he's a civilian, mainly because he's been dosing himself on stims / painkillers to keep himself going from his leg wound that was bandaged up. Seems like local Earth military, probably an Alliance marine that was in the middle of London when the excrement hit the circular rotating ventilation object.

I'm sure Shepard's looked in two ways in regards to the Reapers. One side looks at him/her as our savior and the only one that can defend Earth and the rest of the galaxy against them. The other side looks at him/her as the person who stirred up the beehive of the Reapers and that we wouldn't have had any issues without what he's/she's done against them.

Second group is obviously batshit crazy to have their opinion.

Someone mentioned in the leak thread that the person with the sniper rifle is Grayson, which I'm assuming is from one of the books. Not sure of the reference otherwise.

I'm sure if he's someone that's been brought up in the books and Bioware considers them to be canon, he could be a squadmate or NPC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was initially thinking that too when I saw it on the internet but from the books you'd know you'd tell if it was Grayson. However it could be a pre-before that shit happened to him Grayson. I don't know if he did operations on Earth though, (I do know he did on Omega).

As for the people that are mad at Sheppard for shaking the bee hive. But it was Saren's fault not his! haha
[/QUOTE]

I think Anderson should take the place of Pressley, the officer that was killed with the initial attack in ME2, on the Normandy. He's a good officer type. ^^

Because I've been thinking about it all day, here's what my canon Shepard will look like for Mass Effect 3:

Gender - Male (Default)
Background - Spacer/War Hero
ME1 Class - Vanguard
ME1 Psychological Profile - Paragon (max)
ME1 Level - 60
ME1 Love Interest - N/A
Rachni Queen - Alive
Wrex - Alive
Virmire Survivor - Kaidan
Side Missions - 100% complete
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 100% complete

ME2 Class - Vanguard
ME2 Psychological Profile - Paragon (max)
ME2 Level - 30
Spectre Status - Re-instated
ME2 Love Interest - Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
N7 Missions - 100% complete
Collector Base Status - Destroyed
Normandy SR2 Crew Status - Alive (all)
ME2 Squadmate Status - Alive (all)
ME2 DLC Missions - 100% complete

:cool:

---------------------------------------------------

What do you guys have lined up for your canon Shepard? If it helps, you can copy/paste the template I used up above to save yourself a lot of typing:

Gender -
Background -
ME1 Class -
ME1 Psychological Profile -
ME1 Level -
ME1 Love Interest -
Rachni Queen -
Wrex -
Virmire Survivor -
Side Missions -
Council Status -
Human Rep -
ME1 DLC Missions -

ME2 Class -
ME2 Psychological Profile -
ME2 Level -
Spectre Status -
ME2 Love Interest -
N7 Missions -
Collector Base Status -
Normandy SR2 Crew Status -
ME2 Squadmate Status -
ME2 DLC Missions -

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I can't even begin to count the number of my brain cells that have died due to reading most of the user comments/replies on various websites and forums (I'm looking at you, BioWare forums) about the Mass Effect series as a whole.

----------------

Changing topics, now.

Who do you think the unidentified Male sniper (from the reveal trailer) is? Is he an unnamed civilian simply used to showcase the devastation brought forth by the Reapers, and how Shepard is the hero that everyone is looking for?

Is he a specific character that we may have heard of or seen before?

Maybe a potential squadmate for ME3?[/QUOTE]

I think his only purpuse is to be in the trailer.

Here's my main Shepard. I'm planning on having a handful of characters ready to go for ME3, but this one is the only one that matters. :cool:

Gender - Male, custom face
ME1 Class - Infiltrator
ME1 Level - 60
ME1 Love Interest - Liara
Rachni Queen - Alive
Wrex - Alive
Virmire Survivor - Kaidan
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 100% complete

ME2 Class - Infiltrator
ME2 Level - 30
ME2 Love Interest - Tali

There are a ton of things left out of here, too. Stuff like: How did you let Garrus deal with Sidonis? Did you kill Morinth, or did you betray Samara? What did you do with the new Genophage data? Even smaller things from loyalty missions in ME2 and sidequests in both games could pop up somewhere. I'm hoping BioWare goes all out with the finale and really rewards us for every decision we made throughout the course of the series.

[quote name='js1']A weird question for you guys, do you play with the subtitles on or off? I usually leave them on because I have kids and can't always hear what the characters are saying. But, I hate the non-cinematic quality of the having subs.
My next playthrough, I'm going to turn them off. I think I should get some gaming headphones...[/QUOTE]
I have subtitles on for the Mass Effect games, as I like to make sure that I do not miss any dialogue.

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Grayson in the original ME3 leak thread.....knowing what we know now, I do not think it's Grayson. But, it would be certifiably badass if Kahlee Sanders is in ME3. Also.....I haven't read Retribution yet. Santa's bringing me that and I just finished Ascension.

Oh X, you and your ME threads. Just when the ME2 one was finally slowing and rolling to page 2, here we go again. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in".

I realized that many of my picks below echoed X and Arikado, but of course we all have multiple files. This was my first Shepard though, the one where I made decisions without knowing consequences yet. So it felt like the most "honest" character and the one I'll start with and look upon as my canon Shepard.

Gender - Male Shepard, default face. Yes, I actually like his voice-acting
ME1 Class - Soldier
ME1 Psychological Profile - Paragon (I think near max. I pumped a lot of points into that stat before I ever knew you could just gain it naturally and carry over into future playthroughs)
ME1 Level - 60 (after like 3 playthroughs...I think the first time you only can get to 50-something right?)
ME1 Love Interest - Liara (blue alien booty vs fugly xenophobe? duh.)
Rachni Queen - Alive
Wrex - Alive and kicking ass
Virmire Survivor - Kaidan. (gotta say, most of the ME1 teammates weren't all that interesting compared to ME2. He gets hate for that, but his backstory was better than Ashley's. Plus, I'm the Soldier, who needs her?)
Side Missions - 100%
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 100%, including the rage inducing high scores on Pinnacle Station

ME2 Class - Soldier
ME2 Psychological Profile - 100% Paragon (although I did punch that reporter lady on the Presidium)
ME2 Level - 30
ME2 Love Interest - Miranda (dat ass!)
N7 Missions - 100% Complete
Collector Base Status - Destroyed (and Miranda told the Illusive man to shove it)

The one thing I'll have trouble with is knowing which saves are which. I have at least 3 if not 4 game saves from ME1 and at least 2 (probably 3 before the next game hits) from ME2. It's tough to remember which Shepard save to use.

Oh, and again for those still discussing it that's not Grayson. The timeline for ME: Retribution will be before ME3. It's shortly after ME2 and I think Earth going to shit would get a mention. Plus all the stuff that happens to Grayson starts with him being
on Omega
for awhile.

OK, now they need to give us something to hold us over until ME3.

I only played through each game once, but this is what I ended up with.

Gender - Male, default face
ME1 Class - Soldier
ME1 Level - 50
ME1 Love Interest - Ashley
Rachni Queen - Alive
Wrex - Alive
Virmire Survivor - Ashley
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 0% complete

ME2 Class - Vanguard
ME2 Level - 30
ME2 Love Interest - Miranda

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Oh X, you and your ME threads. Just when the ME2 one was finally slowing and rolling to page 2, here we go again. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in".[/QUOTE]:lol:

When you're regarded as Game of Forever, it's page 1 or bust.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I realized that many of my picks below echoed X and Arikado...[/QUOTE]I find absolutely nothing wrong with this.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The one thing I'll have trouble with is knowing which saves are which. I have at least 3 if not 4 game saves from ME1 and at least 2 (probably 3 before the next game hits) from ME2. It's tough to remember which Shepard save to use.[/QUOTE]You're telling me! It takes me forever to find the exact Shepard I'm looking for whenever I feel the urge to pick up where I left off with a certain character :bomb:

[quote name='gbpackers94']how do you find out those stats?[/QUOTE]Memory.

My save file got deleted awhile back.
You know the only good thing about that?
Forces me to re-beat ME1 and ME2. Not that that's a bad thing lol.

I plan on re-beating ME1 and ME2 the weeks before ME3 is out. Hope im not the only one.

Here's my "first" Shepard for ME1 + ME2, which was limited to Level 50 due to first pass through the game:
Difficulty: Normal
Gender - Default face / Male
Background - War Hero / Spacer
ME1 Class - Vanguard
ME1 Psychological Profile - Paragon (maximum)
ME1 Level - 50
Rachni Queen - Alive
Wrex - Alive
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 50% complete (100% complete for BDTS, 0% for Pinnacle Station)

Difficulty: Normal
ME2 Class - Vanguard
ME2 Psychological Profile - Paragon (maximum)
ME2 Level - 30
ME2 Love Interest - Tali
N7 Missions - 100% completed
Normandy SR2 Crew Status - All Alive
ME2 Squadmate Status - All Alive
ME2 DLC Missions - 100% completed

I'll placeholder this for my second pass through ME1 + ME2, which isn't done in ME2 yet:
Difficulty: Hardcore
Gender - Default face / Female
Background - Ruthless / Earth Born
ME1 Class - Adept
ME1 Psychological Profile - Renegade (maximum)
ME1 Level - 54
Rachni Queen - Dead
Wrex - Alive
Virmire Survivor - Kaiden
Side Missions - 100% completed
Council Status - Dead
Human Rep - Udina
ME1 DLC Missions - 65% completed (100% complete for BDTS, 33% complete for Pinnacle Station)

Difficulty: Hardcore
ME2 Class - Adept
ME2 Psychological Profile - Renegade
ME2 Level - TBD
Spectre Status - Not re-instated
ME2 Love Interest - TBD
N7 Missions - TBD
Collector Base Status - TBD
Normandy SR2 Crew Status - TBD
ME2 Squadmate Status - TBD
ME2 DLC Missions - TBD

Last edited by a moderator:
Gender - Male
Background - Earthborn/War Hero
ME1 Class - Vanguard
ME1 Psychological Profile - Paragon
ME1 Level - around 35?
ME1 Love Interest - Ash
Rachni Queen - Dead
Wrex - Alive
Virmire Survivor - Ash
Side Missions - not too many
Council Status - Dead
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - none

ME2 Class - Engineer
ME2 Psychological Profile - Paragon
ME2 Level - 30
Spectre Status - Reinstated
ME2 Love Interest - Jack
N7 Missions - All
Normandy SR2 Crew Status - Max survived
ME2 Squadmate Status - All survived
ME2 DLC Missions - Might skip Overlord and Firewalker

I'm actually currently replaying my "canon" ME2 character as an Engineer instead of a Vanguard, but keeping my story choices the same.

They can go ahead and add a multiplayer, but regardless of how things play out I am just going to look at it like a red headed step child and wonder, "I wonder what could have been added or made better in the single player had they not dedicated resources to the multiplayer?" I'll especially be thinking this if the game is at all short.

In the end this game's multiplayer will suffer a fate at the hands of Halo and Call of Duty in that it's not those games so it really doesn't have a chance.

So yeah...my philosophy is just to scrap the multi and dedicate everything to the single player.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']They can go ahead and add a multiplayer, but regardless of how things play out I am just going to look at it like a red headed step child and wonder, "I wonder what could have been added or made better in the single player had they not dedicated resources to the multiplayer?" I'll especially be thinking this if the game is at all short.

In the end this game's multiplayer will suffer a fate at the hands of Halo and Call of Duty in that it's not those games so it really doesn't have a chance.

So yeah...my philosophy is just to scrap the multi and dedicate everything to the single player.[/QUOTE]

Yep this is how I feel about Dead Space 2 as well. Does anyone REALLY want or intend to play the MP in these games? I mean REALLY?

Gender - FemShep
Background - Earthborn/War Hero (that's the Skyllian Blitz one, right?)
ME1 Class - Infiltrator
ME1 Psychological Profile - Paragon 100%, 15% Renegade
ME1 Level - 59 when transferred to ME 2.
Rachni Queen - Dead
Wrex - Dead
Side Missions - 100%
Council Status - Alive
Human Rep - Anderson
ME1 DLC Missions - 100%, including the rage inducing high scores on Pinnacle Station (which caused me not to get the hardcore achievement.)

ME2 Class - Infiltrator
ME2 Psychological Profile - 100% Paragon, 40% Renegade (love those cutscene prompts)
ME2 Level - 30
ME2 Love Interest - Liara
N7 Missions - 100% Complete
Collector Base Status - Destroyed (and Miranda told the Illusive man to shove it)

[quote name='cgarb84']Yep this is how I feel about Dead Space 2 as well. Does anyone REALLY want or intend to play the MP in these games? I mean REALLY?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 and AC: Brotherhood did it well, Bioshock 2 did not.

OP, this helps:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/5422342

Phaedon wrote...

hqdefault.png

Please credit us if you are going to repost it anywhere.

ME3 has been confirmed! Let's continue the hunt for confirmed features ! This is basically a repost of the first, older thread, with a few new confirmed features. Feel free to suggest any new, but please provide a source.

confirmedfeautures.png

• ME3 will end the Shephard story arc. [1]
    ME3'suniverse is going to be darker, but funnier at the same time. [2]
    The mining mini-game won’t be abandoned completely. [3]
    The import feature will be present, with more variables than ME2 had. [4]
    'Cheating' on your ME1 LI might have negative repercussions in ME3 [10]
    Shepard is going to rally the various races of the galaxy against the Reapers. [12]
    The Reapers have invaded Earth and Commander Shepard will have it back.[12]
    London will be featured. [14](New!)
    ME3 has been set for a Holiday 2011 release [14] (New!)
    ME3 will be released simultaneously on the PC, XBOX360 and PS3. [15](Hot!)
    If your Shepard dies in ME2, you won't be able to import your save in ME3.[16] (New!)

promises.png

• ME3 to maximize both quality and commercial success [6]
      Uber-Collector’s edition will come with a special bonus item. [source rip]
      More RPG features and complex enemies will be included. [7]
      Conversations will be more cinematic. [9]
      Vehicle Based Exploration might return in ME3. [11]

popularrumours.png

• LotSB may have set the standards for ME3, gameplay and dialogue-wise.
      ME3 will have a multiplayer component. [13]
      ME3 might have 3D [17] (Hot!)

PLEASE DON'T POST ANY ME2 SPOILERS HERE

And don't forget:
    Chris Priestly wrote...

Keep in mind that nothing "quoted" is 100% guaranteed. We are still developing the game and features change, we adapt, refine and improve. Just because you think it is there now based off an old interview (or even a new one) that doesn't mean it will or will not be in teh game.

I only point this out so people don't say "But I saw in a thread that "X" feature was confirmed". NOTHING is confirmed until we ship.

devil.png
    If you would like to suggest any features that should be added, please don’t forget to mention your source.
    wink.png

Credits to the people that helped add new features:

heart.png

Other sites you should check:
    Everything You Need to Know about Mass Effect 3 - Google Docs

Nice post from the Bioware forums. Made me think of a few questions related to the above:

* If you "cheat" on Liara ME2 with her as your love interest in ME1, and you've "reconciled" with her during Lair Of The Shadow Broker, does it mitigate the "negative" effect they're mentioning above?
* In the same vein, does "cheating" on Liara with Tali in ME2 make it less of a "negative" situation than any of the ME2-only NPCs?
* If you have a dead Shepard at the end of ME2, do you start over with a "fresh" Shepard in ME3 without any carryover to ME2? How do they have Shepard dead in ME2 and the main star in ME3? Does Cerberus bring him back again via Lazarus in this case?

[quote name='shrike4242']
* If you have a dead Shepard at the end of ME2, do you start over with a "fresh" Shepard in ME3 without any carryover to ME2? How do they have Shepard dead in ME2 and the main star in ME3? Does Cerberus bring him back again via Lazarus in this case?[/QUOTE]
It will be like starting with the default Shepard in ME2 if you didn't have an ME1 save to import. I'm not even sure if ME2 creates a clear save at all during the Shepard dies ending, but if it does, ME3 will not recognize that file as a valid ME2 clear save. There's no "world import."

The interesting thing will be to find out what BioWare considers Shepard's "canon" behavior in ME2. Probably he continues to be a Renegade douche.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It will be like starting with the default Shepard in ME2 if you didn't have an ME1 save to import. [Does ME2 even create a clear save during the Shepard dies ending?]

The interesting thing will be to find out what BioWare considers Shepard's "canon" behavior in ME2. Probably he continues to be a Renegade douche.[/QUOTE]Since I've read that the "default" choices you pick in ME2 without a ME1 import go that way, I'd assume something similar in ME3. I guess they'll do something else backstory wise for a new ME3 character that covers ME1 and ME2, since they're going back to ME1 plot points with what they've talked about with ME3. I guess they'd ignore Shepard "dying" in ME2 in that way, or how would they cover continuity in the story?

I'd imagine it makes some other kind of save that isn't a "we won" save if Shepard dies in ME2 at the end. I'm sure they're covering something there for ME3.

Here's another point that I was thinking of that hasn't been discussed in ME2 that may or may not have anything to cover for MEe:
What happens if you go the Renegade route in regards to Samara vs Morith and have Morith kill Samara? Do you have the asari pissed off at you for allowing / helping one of their Justicars get killed?

Depending on how the PS3 motion comic feature is received, I wonder if ME3 will have any kind of "create a custom Shepard" feature for new games. Probably not, but it would be nice to be able to try out all of the potential backstories without having to actually play all the way through ME1 and ME2.

The one thing I hope in regards to all these choices is that there's not going to be one perfect set that's necessary for the best ending. "Killed the Rachni queen? Sorry, it's impossible for you to get the good ending, go back to ME1 and try again." I mean, of course there should be some critical mass of unwise choices that sets you up to get screwed, but I hope there is some room to maneuver, with enough good choices balancing out the bad ones.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Depending on how the PS3 motion comic feature is received, I wonder if ME3 will have any kind of "create a custom Shepard" feature for new games. Probably not, but it would be nice to be able to try out all of the potential backstories without having to actually play all the way through ME1 and ME2.

The one thing I hope in regards to all these choices is that there's not going to be one perfect set that's necessary for the best ending. "Killed the Rachni queen? Sorry, it's impossible for you to get the good ending, go back to ME1 and try again." I mean, of course there should be some critical mass of unwise choices that sets you up to get screwed, but I hope there is some room to maneuver, with enough good choices balancing out the bad ones.[/QUOTE]I think whatever we get in the PS3 motion comic for ME2, it'll be something similar for ME3. I guess we'll see how well that works in January when ME2 comes out for PS3.

I think the "checklist" of options they provided in the earlier post should get you somewhat towards an "easier" endgame in ME3 with the Reapers, though I can't see how you'd end up being uber-screwed if you killed off the Rachni, had Wrex die on Virmire, and so-on.

I'm betting that each of the "checklist" options will work towards some possible scenario along the way towards the endgame, though ME3 may have some type of "hail Mary" scenarios to balance that out.

I'm sure the plot points they brought up will make a difference, though what the difference is remains to be seen.

One thing I would like to see are some unpredictable and even counterintuitive outcomes, like, maybe Wreav proves to be a more human-friendly leader than Wrex would have been, or Morinth is more effective against the Reapers than Samara, rather than just Paragon = win, Renegade = fail across the board.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']One thing I would like to see are some unpredictable and even counterintuitive outcomes, like, maybe Wreav proves to be a more human-friendly leader than Wrex would have been, or Morinth is more effective against the Reapers than Samara, rather than just Paragon = win, Renegade = fail across the board.[/QUOTE]

See, I take the renegade option to be more "at all costs" than fail. So let's say for example that Wrex leads the Krogan in a giant final battle with the Reapers. Wrex has united the clans as much as he can, but he leaves some pockets behind for breeding and protection. Less Krogan to help you, a little harder battle. But even with heavy losses, Wrex and the Krogan race (in general) survive.

The flip side could be the Krogan tribes all step forward for a giant fight. You decide to use them like infantry, throwing them to their deaths at the hands of Reapers. They buy you extra time to figure out the grand finale. The galaxy wins, but the Krogan never recover their numbers and are on the very brink of extinction. But hey, the universe is safe right? Anything it takes.

I hope to see something like this in ME3, and that could be applied to races like the Rachni and the Quarian vs Geth confrontation.

just finished mass effect, very confusing. played mass effect 2 earlier this year and its most deffinitly my favorite game at the moment. i'll probably play both games again next year, just to get ready. i can't wait!

[quote name='jab1235']just finished mass effect, very confusing. played mass effect 2 earlier this year and its most deffinitly my favorite game at the moment. i'll probably play both games again next year, just to get ready. i can't wait![/QUOTE]How was it confusing, if you don't mind me asking?

ARGH, the wait is killing me!

I just got done with my 3rd playthrough of ME2 recently and it left me in a bit of a lull... All I can do now is wait for the 3rd installment, and it is killing me.

Especially since we are now on Earth, and its burning? FTW!?

#%&*!

Tried to pre-order the collector's edition at GameStop today. I was told the SKU wasn't in the system yet, but I could plop down my $10 and just switch it to the collector's edition when it was announced. I decided to hold on to my $10.

The thought of the ME3 collectors edition brings me untold and inappropriate joy. I'm a certifiable sucker for LE/CE's, especially Bioware's.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The thought of the ME3 collectors edition brings me untold and inappropriate joy. I'm a certifiable sucker for LE/CE's, especially Bioware's.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I wish I could find the 1st one(didn't get an xbox until last year).

I've been hunting down the LE Of ME1. I actually bought it once for $40, then sold it on ebay (doh!). It can be had for around $60 on ebay now. I just don't want to spend that much (true CAG).

I also sold the Dragon Age CE, which I'm now regretting.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I've been hunting down the LE Of ME1. I actually bought it once for $40, then sold it on ebay (doh!). It can be had for around $60 on ebay now. I just don't want to spend that much (true CAG).

I also sold the Dragon Age CE, which I'm now regretting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember paying about 75 to 80 bucks for the LE of ME1 with release day shipping from Amazon (I live out in the country). I don't say this very often but I totally got my money's worth. :lol:

What I would like to see happen in ME3 at least once, is a group of mercenaries turn tail and run when they realize it's Shepard. I mean, what must these guys be thinking-- "Sure, Shepard may have killed thousands of people just like me, along with a bunch of geth, a Reaper, and a Thresher Maw, but maybe I, Shadow Broker Engineer #8, will be the one to finally pwn him!"

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What I would like to see happen in ME3 at least once, is a group of mercenaries turn tail and run when they realize it's Shepard. I mean, what must these guys be thinking-- "Sure, Shepard may have killed thousands of people just like me, along with a bunch of geth, a Reaper, and a Thresher Maw, but maybe I, Shadow Broker Engineer #8, will be the one to finally pwn him!"[/QUOTE]

The guys at Bioware have a great sense of humor. This would be awesome to see. Just once.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What I would like to see happen in ME3 at least once, is a group of mercenaries turn tail and run when they realize it's Shepard. I mean, what must these guys be thinking-- "Sure, Shepard may have killed thousands of people just like me, along with a bunch of geth, a Reaper, and a Thresher Maw, but maybe I, Shadow Broker Engineer #8, will be the one to finally pwn him!"[/QUOTE]

:lol: Would love to see that happen, just seeing Shepard at this point should be like seeing Godzilla walking down the street.

NeoGAF poster claiming to be an EA PR person says some stuff about Mass Effect 3

Purportedly based on demo reels making the rounds at EA. No earth-shattering revelations, but he does make some interesting claims:

- Squadmates from ME1/2 will return (but he backpedals when pressed for details)
- The game is currently in a playable state from start to finish
- Gameplay footage would "drop jaws," and he mentions seeing the Reapers rendered in-engine

bread's done
Back