Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='blueweltall']Did you guys unlock any Kingdom of amalur contents for playing it?[/QUOTE]
I bet we'll have to play again on Tuesday to unlock the KOA items, since the demo can't connect to EA's servers yet.

[quote name='AgentW']Demo code here.

HJHMD-K73HG-QF6FV-3XHWM-976JZ

I was trying to get the normandy. :([/QUOTE]

This code was used, and not by me. Thanks anyway.

How do I exactly play the facebook game? Do I need to match something or just press random buttons? Man you guys talking about the demo makes me more excited and I want to try it so bad! Argh!

Yeah no more codes makes Mike sad. :cry:

Eh for second thought maybe it was a good thing I didn't get a code. Maybe I should steer clear of the demo altogether. I've really been good on not watching gameplay footage, aside from the fem shep trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the giveaway on twitter, Caitlin. Good luck to those who retweeted. Only saw a few people other than me and chubby retweeted.

Anyone know if there is going to be a save builder for the first two games ala the comic for ME1?

I want to have a few other saves where I change a few decisions, but I dont feel like trudging through the 2nd game again just to give the reaper ship to cerberus, kill Jacob (and maybe a few other team mates), and bang Jack.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Anyone know if there is going to be a save builder for the first two games ala the comic for ME1?

I want to have a few other saves where I change a few decisions, but I dont feel like trudging through the 2nd game again just to give the reaper ship to cerberus, kill Jacob (and maybe a few other team mates), and bang Jack.[/QUOTE]

Most likely they'll eventually have something like Genesis, don't know if it'll be available on release though, considering Mass Effect is now Multiplatform and they'll be a bunch of people starting out with the 3rd game. Romance options however will likely be a small detail which will not be covered by any sort of pre-set/building character program.

[quote name='Me a week (or so) ago']And the third horseman of the apocalypse finally shows its face (the first and second being promotional trailers and magazine/article covers, respectively). Once this game has officially gone gold (the final sign), it will be time for me to close my eyes, cover my ears, and begin reciting "la la la la la la, I can't hear you" until 11:59pm March 5th.[/QUOTE]Yep, it's officially time for me to start making my way out of this thread and into my underground base until March 6th as a result of tonight's last-minute announcement. I'll pop back in Tuesday to (hopefully) give my impressions of the MP aspect of ME3 and to say my goodbye to the thread until ~March 10th or so.

Though I'm already planning to play the MP religiously with a couple people from the thread, I will say that I'm gonna try to get some sessions going with the general CAG audience (you know, the reason we all sent each other friend requests like a month ago) - and don't worry, I'll be easy on those of us who aren't hardcore/extreme/Insanity-only/MLG Mass Effect players :cool:

P.S. I updated the OP with the two latest videos that BioWare has put out for the game: the Special Forces trailer and the femShep trailer. Enjoy!

See you guys around.

I have battlefield 3 on the PC so will my demo tomorrow only be for the PC and I will have to wait till the 17th for the 360? I'm fine with it on the PC till then just wondering what one I need to look at.

I went back and watched some ME2 footage for comparison, and I can't shake the sense that ME3's faces are less animated, especially around the eyes.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I went back and watched some ME2 footage for comparison, and I can't shake the sense that ME3's faces are less animated, especially around the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Could be just the demo.

Destructoid Mars mission preview.

One bit that stuck out at me:
"Here, Shepard ordered Vega to return outside and secure an exit strategy, and Liara replaced him in the group." I wonder, in the final game, do you get a choice of which squadmate to send outside and which to keep on the squad? Or does the game mandate both of the squadmates you'll have for the mission? I sure hope not. One mandated squadmate (like with ME2's loyalty missions) isn't that big a deal, but not having any choice as to squad composition could really cut down the replay value.

FYI - The MP servers are up and running so those of you who snagged early access codes via the Facebook game AND have a Battlefield 3 Online Pass can play it. The rest of us (code or not) have to wait until the 17th or until BioWare releases other ways to get in before then.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Destructoid Mars mission preview.

One bit that stuck out at me:
"Here, Shepard ordered Vega to return outside and secure an exit strategy, and Liara replaced him in the group." I wonder, in the final game, do you get a choice of which squadmate to send outside and which to keep on the squad? Or does the game mandate both of the squadmates you'll have for the mission? I sure hope not. One mandated squadmate (like with ME2's loyalty missions) isn't that big a deal, but not having any choice as to squad composition could really cut down the replay value.
[/quote]

If it's drop-out / drop-in work on a mission like that, I won't have an issue with it, if it's just squadmate swaps. If it's mandated with more than one team member on a mission, then it'll be less enjoyable to have things more hand-picked than on a loyalty mission from ME2.

Anybody tried the demo on Insanity yet? I'm not sure what to think about the claims that ME3 is much harder than ME2. I played on Hardcore and sailed through pretty much the whole thing, until I got to the boss of the second section, who absolutely destroyed me multiple times until I turned it down to Normal. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody tried the demo on Insanity yet? I'm not sure what to think about the claims that ME3 is much harder than ME2. I played on Hardcore and sailed through pretty much the whole thing, until I got to the boss of the second section, who absolutely destroyed me multiple times until I turned it down to Normal. :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think to try and adjust the difficulty. I've played the demo as an adept and an infiltrator. Maybe I'll try something else on hardcore or insanity.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody tried the demo on Insanity yet? I'm not sure what to think about the claims that ME3 is much harder than ME2. I played on Hardcore and sailed through pretty much the whole thing, until I got to the boss of the second section, who absolutely destroyed me multiple times until I turned it down to Normal. :)[/QUOTE]Can you start out on Insanity or do you need to go through it once to unlock it?

[quote name='shrike4242']Can you start out on Insanity or do you need to go through it once to unlock it?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't greyed out on the menu or anything, but I don't know what happens if you actually try to select it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It wasn't greyed out on the menu or anything, but I don't know what happens if you actually try to select it.[/QUOTE]Probably puts up WTF? ZOMG! BBQ! on-screen or something like that.

I'm sure Tha X will let us know if it's live or not. :D

The multiplayer servers are up not sure if its only for people who bought BF3 though. Played a round of MP and I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of horde mode. The good news is I have shitty internet and the multiplayer was pretty much lag free.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']FYI - The MP servers are up and running so those of you who snagged early access codes via the Facebook game AND have a Battlefield 3 Online Pass can play it. The rest of us (code or not) have to wait until the 17th or until BioWare releases other ways to get in before then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! *Smoke trail*

MP works for me, but I have a BF3 VIP pass.

Tried SP, played through once... it was okay. MP seems like it could be fun, but I only played solo once to check it out. Though, I'm not an ME fan, but it seems fun and polished. Looking forward to trying MP with some friends.

Just played some MP. It's a lot of fun, but pretty difficult. I think what's throwing me off is that the controls are slightly different, no doubt so you can't pause the action to open a wheel of weapons or powers. It makes sense, but without a tutorial it takes a few rounds to understand. Plus, you start off with very little in terms of weapons and powers and kit, so you're pressing a button looking for something to happen and it doesn't.

It plays like a furious Mass Effect battle though, and that's what counts. I'm already enjoying tricking out my characters with new kit and what not.

Here's something for tomorrow:

tumblr_lgmqfx7QdW1qepgaxo1_400.jpg

Shall we start taking bets of when the ME 3 demo will drop for those of us not so lucky to get it early? :lol:

That, and how many of us will be staying up until it drops. :rofl:

I know the chances are slim, but is there any remote chance that the characters you level up in the MP demo will transfer to the retail game? I have a vanguard up to level 7 that I'd hate to lose.

Once you get rolling and earn XP and money, it all starts rocking.

PC - Approximately 10am PST
Xbox 360 - Approximately 2am PST
Playstation 3 - Approximately 4pm PST

Them are the times if they have not been posted. I have BF3 on the PC so I wont get the damn demo till 10am. The bad thing is that is 12 here. Hell I can't even play BF3 till it is out because all it does is crash as of right now.

[quote name='shrike4242']Can you start out on Insanity or do you need to go through it once to unlock it?[/QUOTE]

I liked Insanity. ME3s Insanity doesn't add more protections to enemies like ME2 so abilities are more useful, but it's even more challenging because they're smart.

Does anyone know if ME3 goes back to like it was in the first game where you could actually buy different gear and weapons for you and your team?

ME2 had so little to choose from, it didn't even seem like it was a choice.

Does anyone know what if anything the "Numerous deaths" choice does? I thought it might kill off Wrex and/or Garrus (or
Mordin
) but they were all present and accounted for.

Looks like if you get early access for one you might get it for all. I downloaded the demo and thought I would only get the single player for the 360. I was able to play the multiplayer also. From all that I have read I thought with me having Battlefield 3 for the PC I would only be able to play the multiplayer on the PC.

As for the single player I hope this is the early build.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone know what if anything the "Numerous deaths" choice does? I thought it might kill off Wrex and/or Garrus (or
Mordin
) but they were all present and accounted for.[/QUOTE]

It said it was for the "psychological" profile. Maybe it has impacts in the actual game if you don't import?

[quote name='adonfraz']I liked Insanity. ME3s Insanity doesn't add more protections to enemies like ME2 so abilities are more useful, but it's even more challenging because they're smart.[/QUOTE]I can deal with smarter enemies better than ones that are layered up with shields, barrier and armor. Better way to do it, IMO.

[quote name='blindinglights']Does anyone know if ME3 goes back to like it was in the first game where you could actually buy different gear and weapons for you and your team?

ME2 had so little to choose from, it didn't even seem like it was a choice.[/QUOTE]They're supposed to be sliding back towards some middle between ME1 and ME2 for inventory management, so we may not know until the game releases. The demo may not have a lot of that built into it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone know what if anything the "Numerous deaths" choice does? I thought it might kill off Wrex and/or Garrus (or
Mordin
) but they were all present and accounted for.[/QUOTE]I'm assuming this is for the demo?

bread's done
Back