Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Anexanhume']Makes me miss Wrex so bad though. I hope his role in ME3 is full combat companion.[/QUOTE]

This would make me the happiest man on the planet.

[quote name='Arikado']This would make me the happiest man on the planet.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Wrex will be in the squad, from the trailer. That would be awesome. I under-appreciated Wrex back in ME1.

I've yet to really dig into an Insanity run, but really? Zaeed? I just couldn't get into that character. I guess when I do go for that Insanity playthrough, I'll have to give him some play time.

[quote name='Arikado']This would make me the happiest man on the planet.[/QUOTE]Same here. Grunt was nice in ME2, though Wrex had that "grizzled vet with all the stories" vibe going for him. That's why I couldn't kill the damned reptile.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']It looks like Wrex will be in the squad, from the trailer. That would be awesome. I under-appreciated Wrex back in ME1.

I've yet to really dig into an Insanity run, but really? Zaeed? I just couldn't get into that character. I guess when I do go for that Insanity playthrough, I'll have to give him some play time.[/QUOTE]Wrex coming back would be awesome and then some. Especially if you end up with lots of Krogan to help you fight the Reapers.

Zaeed gives you Squad Disruptor Ammo, which is needed for Insanity runs because everyone has shields + barrier + armor. Disruptor ammo does a number on shields, as we know.

Same reason you need Thane, Garrus and Miranda, for Heavy Warp against shields.

To be fair, the only companion required for Insanity (ever) is Miranda.

Some classes/builds may benefit heavily from Zaeed, but many can get by just fine without him - namely the Engineer, Soldier, Vanguard, and Adept. Aside from his loyalty mission and maybe Purgatory, I never have Zaeed in my squad - whether playing seriously or just for fun.

P.S. Wrex sucks.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']

P.S. Wrex sucks.[/QUOTE]

You are clearly outnumbered. Not all of us require T&A for both members of our squad.:cool:

[quote name='Anexanhume']You are clearly outnumbered. Not all of us require T&A for both members of our squad.:cool:[/QUOTE]

X and me agree on something, yea! :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']X and me agree on something, yea! :)[/QUOTE]Second tier fans, back of the bus. ;)

In other news, BN emailed me that my Art Of the ME Universe shipped. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']In other news, BN emailed me that my Art Of the ME Universe shipped. :D[/QUOTE]
Wow, didn't realize it was releasing so far ahead of the game. Spoiler alert!

[quote name='shrike4242']Wrex coming back would be awesome and then some. Especially if you end up with lots of Krogan to help you fight the Reapers. [/QUOTE]

ME 1 Spoilers:
Anyone else considered the Rachni coming to aid against the Reapers? I keep hoping my decision to save the queen in ME1 wasn't for nothing.

My artbook shipped from B&N too. I hear there are massive spoilers in the ME3 section so I'm going to be very careful when it gets here.

Now I need the code for the dlc...which is the only reason I ordered from there.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same here. Grunt was nice in ME2, though Wrex had that "grizzled vet with all the stories" vibe going for him. That's why I couldn't kill the damned reptile. [/QUOTE]

Exactly, even on my renegade playthrough I couldn't kill him. He's just to bad ass.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']To be fair, the only companion required for Insanity (ever) is Miranda.

Some classes/builds may benefit heavily from Zaeed, but many can get by just fine without him - namely the Engineer, Soldier, Vanguard, and Adept. Aside from his loyalty mission and maybe Purgatory, I never have Zaeed in my squad - whether playing seriously or just for fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing on insanity right now and I usually end up using Miranda and either Grunt(Wrex), or Garrus. Put me into the group that did not care for Zaeed either. He was just too much of an A-Hole for me to care about.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, didn't realize it was releasing so far ahead of the game. Spoiler alert![/QUOTE]Amazon sent me an email yesterday morning that the estimated delivery date was moved up from 02/23 to 02/14. Last night was when I has the shipping notification from BN.com.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']ME 1 Spoilers:
Anyone else considered the Rachni coming to aid against the Reapers? I keep hoping my decision to save the queen in ME1 wasn't for nothing.
[/QUOTE]That's the thought about why you make that decision.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']My artbook shipped from B&N too. I hear there are massive spoilers in the ME3 section so I'm going to be very careful when it gets here.

Now I need the code for the dlc...which is the only reason I ordered from there.[/QUOTE]Good to know it's spoilerific in the ME3 section, so I'll avoid that for the time being.

Also waiting out the DLC as well. We'll see if that pans out or not from BN.

The B&N artbook dlc sure as hell better pan out! That's straight up false advertising if it doesn't. Both B&N and dark horse promoted the dlc. Part of me is like "settle down, the email will come." But the hardened cheapass in me, who has seen deals get screwed up often enough, is preparing to be disappointed (not in the book, but in "confusion" with the dlc).

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The B&N artbook dlc sure as hell better pan out! That's straight up false advertising if it doesn't. Both B&N and dark horse promoted the dlc. Part of me is like "settle down, the email will come." But the hardened cheapass in me, who has seen deals get screwed up often enough, is preparing to be disappointed (not in the book, but in "confusion" with the dlc).[/QUOTE]I'm giving them until Monday to email me the DLC code, and if not, then I'm calling them and doing a "WTF?" call with them.

Actually, they have until March 8th to send along the DLC code:

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']ME 1 Spoilers:
[/QUOTE]

They have pretty much said that all your decisions will have some impact in ME3, and most of the destroy/save civilization decisions will come back and help you if you saved them.

[quote name='Arikado']Mass Effect 3 site has been overhauled. New videos up in every portion of the "About" section. I'm not about to watch those, though... especially the one titled "Interactive Storytelling."

Oh, and it looks like the FemShep trailer hits tomorrow, but who cares about that?[/QUOTE]

It isn't too bad, it just discusses a dialogue choice
Apparently the mars mission where you are trying to retrieve the prothean artifact.

The adrenaline video shows some badass action shots and some really amazing spacescapes with massive battles.

The arsenal video shows
Color customization options, weapon stat screens, power evolution screens and trees (more complicated than ME2)

I didn't even bother watching the co-op video.

The Facebook page has put up the first weeks reward of the Normandy Avatar item. If you've been playing along, GO GO GO and get one!

Yes, I know we get one in the CE, but now I can give it away if it's the same.

I just used Miranda and Garrus on my insanity run. I had disruptor ammo myself and double overload was just as effective IMO. Zaeed hardly ever got used in my 4 playthroughs to be honest.

Got my normandy code.....it still irks me that this is the 2nd time pre- game release that this item is available outside the CE, but I really gotta let that go.

X, your signature is certifiably badass!

Got my Normandy code too. Guess I'll have something to give away when I get my CE...

The new videos look awesome. I love the music in the Interactive Story video. This fuckin' game... Can't believe we're less than a month out.

Now that the Normandy avatar props are out for the facebook game, now we just need the codes to get into the demo early. Hopefully those come out tomorrow or Saturday. What's the point if its only a day early?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Now that the Normandy avatar props are out for the facebook game, now we just need the codes to get into the demo early. Hopefully those come out tomorrow or Saturday. What's the point if its only a day early?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the early demo codes are only going out to a few people, though.

I just received a demo code for being a member of ExpertZone and doing the Mass Effect training early. Really looking forward to trying it out after it downloads (even if I'm nabbing the PC version). Hopefully some of you can get in early, too!

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I just received a demo code for being a member of ExpertZone and doing the Mass Effect training early. Really looking forward to trying it out after it downloads (even if I'm nabbing the PC version). Hopefully some of you can get in early, too![/QUOTE]

Same here! I can't wait!

Welp, just finished the first section of the demo.

Anyone remember the demo that was leaked back around December or so? That's what it was, sans the Microsoft Sam voices and clipping models (I'm gonna miss that guy stuck in the glass) - in other words, the opening mission where the Reapers invade Earth.

I was slightly interested by the fact that it gave you an option under Psychological Profile when you first create your Shepard, with the options Numerous, Kaidan, and Ashley. Mostly interested in what the Numerous entails (all it had said was that the loss of many of his squadmates throughout his missions has had an effect on his psychological profile). Ten bucks says it's been mentioned somewhere down the line, but I haven't kept up with updates at all.

Next part is the Krogan mission! Hooray!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does the demo let you import an ME2 Shepard?[/QUOTE]

I personally couldn't tell ya, since I've stuck with the PC versions of ME. It wouldn't let me log on to EA's servers, either, saying that they were down, but I'm assuming that's because the demo isn't officially "out" yet.

Hopefully someone else'll come along and answer that.

And... demo completed.
Again, seems to be the leaked demo. Earth and Krogan missions, that's it. Seemed a bit more polished this time around, though (not surprisingly). Fun stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Meer isn't that bad of a voice actor, but you put him next to Jennifer Hale and he does kind of become a joke. That trailer really highlighted that.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For Europe? I noticed that the trailer had a PEGI rating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that out now. They always have the PEGI rather than ESRB rating but this is the first time I've seen them list the UK date.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Several appearances by...
[/QUOTE]There needs to be an appearance by a spoiler tag here. I don't want to be tempted into watching that filth because of who may/may not show up :)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Mark Meer isn't that bad of a voice actor, but you put him next to Jennifer Hale and he does kind of become a joke.[/QUOTE]
joked.png

I just hope I can use the hair from that FemShep for my Shepard. I like my Shepard's face far better, but I've wanted to change her hairstyle for awhile.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The new default female Shepard actually strikes me as a little weird looking... but this trailer is incredibly badass.
Several appearances by old friends from ME2 also!
[/QUOTE]:drool:

That trailer is very very very badass and I would think it'll hook people on the fence to get them into the game.

I do like the spoilered surprises, as well. :D

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']There needs to be an appearance by a spoiler tag here. I don't want to be tempted into watching that filth because of who may/may not show up :)[/QUOTE]Fixed.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I just hope I can use the hair from that FemShep for my Shepard. I like my Shepard's face far better, but I've wanted to change her hairstyle for awhile.[/QUOTE]Depends if when you do the import from ME2 if they bring the character over in appearance as well as stats/things done/etc. or just the character info.

We'll know in a month, that's for sure.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Several appearances by old friends from ME2 also!
[/QUOTE]

Miranda, Liara, Jacob, Samara, Kaidan. I miss anyone?

Well, I tried to watch the trailer, but then Jennifer Hale showed up and I noped right out of the video. It's so excruciating even after one line.

Since I don't really care about the single player for the demo, how is the Multi-player? Granted there is MP on the demo.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
me3legionholo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Since he's just a hologram, I wonder if he actually shows up or you just talk to him to get the geth's help.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I just received a demo code for being a member of ExpertZone and doing the Mass Effect training early. Really looking forward to trying it out after it downloads (even if I'm nabbing the PC version). Hopefully some of you can get in early, too![/QUOTE]

What is the ExpertZone and what is this early training for ME?

[quote name='sendme']What is the ExpertZone and what is this early training for ME?[/QUOTE]

ExpertZone is a program for retail employees (think best buy, gamestop, etc.).

Training may be for the kinect features?

bread's done
Back