Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

anyone notice at 1:33 of the launch trailer there was
the Quarian fleet mixed with a few Geth Ships? and I am glad i saved the destiny ascension in one playthrough, looks like that big baby's cannon will be useful. Also of note was the Female Krogan was there with Shepard and possibly Wrex but the other Krogan standing around had Blood Pack symbols on their armor, looks like the Krogan are all rallying, gangs or not. I am curious to see where the rachni fit in as i didn't see anything on them other than the husk versions.

I've seriously watched this thing like 20 times already.

[quote name='Freemason']anyone notice at 1:33 of the launch trailer there was
the Quarian fleet mixed with a few Geth Ships? and I am glad i saved the destiny ascension in one playthrough, looks like that big baby's cannon will be useful. Also of note was the Female Krogan was there with Shepard and possibly Wrex but the other Krogan standing around had Blood Pack symbols on their armor, looks like the Krogan are all rallying, gangs or not. I am curious to see where the rachni fit in as i didn't see anything on them other than the husk versions.

I've seriously watched this thing like 20 times already.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, one of the things I went back to check was who the chick Shepard was with. Now that they have Ashley looking more Miranda-like, I thought it might be her at first.

Also, regarding Garrus, it could be that we are misinterpreting what he said, but I think him dieing would be fitting to his character and how his story has developed. Behind Shep, he seems most willing to sacrifice for the greater good.

Also, how about Jack with that samurai looking pony tail?

[quote name='Freemason']anyone notice at 1:33 of the launch trailer there was

I've seriously watched this thing like 20 times already.[/QUOTE]I guess the launch trailer is our Zapruder film, analyzing it from all angles to find the shooter on the grassy knoll? :lol:

EDI
is also apparently in it, I saw the screengrab on BSN but I'm not sure where it is in the video.

Jack, yeah!! I also noticed the Destiny Ascension, I wonder if that's only for those of us who spared the council or if there are other ships in that class or what. Seems like this game is going to be filled to the brim with large scale space battles.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
EDI
is also apparently in it, I saw the screengrab on BSN but I'm not sure where it is in the video.

Jack, yeah!! I also noticed the Destiny Ascension, I wonder if that's only for those of us who spared the council or if there are other ships in that class or what. Seems like this game is going to be filled to the brim with large scale space battles.
[/QUOTE]
I'd assume that it would only show up in ME3 if you saved it, though it's not out of the realm of possibility that the asari had other ships of its caliber out there. Destiny Ascension was supposed to be their flagship, so it may be the only one.

Would be a real kick in the nuts if you would only get it if you saved it in ME1.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess the launch trailer is our Zapruder film, analyzing it from all angles to find the shooter on the grassy knoll? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Indeed :)

also notice the
Matriarch Husk holding whom appears to be according to the face markings and backdrop of white the Asari Council member in the Citadel?

at 1:18 when he comes out of warp, that is a HUGE Geth Cruiser.

Jack's wearing the outfits of crossed white like in the new Art Book, so I am curious if she whoops some Cerberus ass with some biotics at Grissom.

Garrus has always only wanted to do good and make the Galaxy a better place. Seeing him sacrifice himself for Shepard to succeed seems very plausible. Beings how he has been the Riker to Shepards picard the whole series, I could see it being a major emotional statement piece in the game having him die.

I am also curious to see how Grunt and Wrex fare and would love to see them battle rage together to take down some Brutes. While Wrex is a badass his goal overall has been to secure his peoples future, Grunt just wants to headbutt stuff. Tali and Legion have a similar path, Jack wanted peace with ghosts of the past, Miranda and Jacob had daddy issues. Liara just wanted to save Shepard and understand the Protheans/Reapers, Zaeed wanted revenge and a good battle, Kasumi wanted Kenji's Greybox /memories, Samara lives by her Code, Thane is looking to bring good to the world before his life ends (and i hope he kicks Kai Lengs ass), and sadly Mordin wants to undo the sins of the past by curing the genophage and clear his conscience, which we find out is more than likely his sacrifice at the Shroud as it crumbles down because, "Someone else might have gotten it wrong."
I see a lot of things that will be tied in, and a lot of people that can die or be sacrificed as they have already resolved their major issues or can resolve them by doing so... I am soooo ready to play the shit outa this game though.

One thing I'm confused about is
the presence of so many old faces in the video such as legion, wrex, jack etc. Are they all going to have NPC combat roles for various missions a la Wrex in the demo? I suppose that could kind of feel like they are on my team again if they integrate well. But at that point, why not just let me use them on other missions? Maybe they are occupied on other tasks? Not wanting them to die at the end isn't really a story issue anymore.

[quote name='Anexanhume']One thing I'm confused about is
the presence of so many old faces in the video such as legion, wrex, jack etc. Are they all going to have NPC combat roles for various missions a la Wrex in the demo? I suppose that could kind of feel like they are on my team again if they integrate well. But at that point, why not just let me use them on other missions? Maybe they are occupied on other tasks? Not wanting them to die at the end isn't really a story issue anymore.
[/QUOTE]
What I have read is
ME2 squadmates appear only as non-combat NPCs, like Wrex and Mordin in the demo. They don't join your squad temporarily like Liara in LOTSB. The only temporary squadmate in ME3 is Anderson at the very beginning.

[quote name='Anexanhume']One thing I'm confused about is
[/QUOTE]

you pretty much hit the nail on the head i think, everyone that has moved on to other roles
( Jack teaching at Grissom )
and have their own responsibilities and Goals to accomplish, will interact with Shepard as those things come to light in the story. I feel that we are not on the suicide mission anymore so its now kinda like calling up old friends for favors, which you will do while attending to their issues or roles
(you need to get the krogans to unite, but must help Wrex get the female from teh Salarians.)
Once you have that task done, you move to other issues and species.. all of which you have some sort of character contact... except
the Batarians.. not sure they really wanna talk to you much after what happened in the arrival.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
EDI

[/QUOTE]
I'd assume that it would only show up in ME3 if you saved it, though it's not out of the realm of possibility that the asari had other ships of its caliber out there. Destiny Ascension was supposed to be their flagship, so it may be the only one.

Would be a real kick in the nuts if you would only get it if you saved it in ME1.

[quote name='Freemason']you prety much hit the nail on the head i think, everyone that has moved on to other roles
( Jack teaching at Grissom )
and have their own responsibilities and Goals to accomplish, will interact with Shepard as those things come to light in the story. I feel that we are not on the suicide mission anymore so its now kinda like calling up old friends for favors, which you will do while attending to their issues or roles
(you need to get the krogans to unite, but must help Wrex get teh female from teh Salarians.)
Once you have that task done, you move to other issues and species.. all of which you have some sort of character contact... excet
the Batarians.. not sure they really wanna talk to you much after what happened in the arrival.
[/QUOTE]

The batarians have a lot of reasons to hate humanity. The events of revelations, galaxy iOS game, humanity getting a council seat before them, getting preference for colonies, Bring down the sky and now Arrival were either Shepard or humanity as a whole collectively shitting down the throat of the Batarian race :lol:

and who is the tech chick at 0:49. The only person i can see semi fitting the profile is Gillian Grayson, but she is Biotic not tech.. perhaps just a random human but... inquiring minds wanna know.

[quote name='Freemason']and who is the tech chick at 0:49. The only person i can see semi fitting the profile is Gillian Grayson, but she is Biotic not tech.. perhaps just a random human but... inquiring minds wanna know.[/QUOTE]
There's a lot of speculation on BSN that it's
EDI's robotic body with skin on it, but the skin gets burned off at some point.

Speaking of BSN, I think I'm going to stay away after today. People are starting to put mild spoilers (squadmate names and so forth) in thread titles, but I have a feeling it's only going to escalate from here. I'm not interested in finding out about major plot twists or how the game ends from some mook on BSN. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']There's a lot of speculation on BSN that it's
EDI's robotic body with skin on it, but the skin gets burned off at some point.

Speaking of BSN, I think I'm going to stay away after today. People are starting to put mild spoilers (squadmate names and so forth) in thread titles, but I have a feeling it's only going to escalate from here. I'm not interested in finding out about major plot twists or how the game ends from some mook on BSN. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, i dont go anywhere but here and youtube for direct release vids, im not spoiling anything major either til i get to experience it first hand!

[quote name='Anexanhume']I wonder if they are
trying a Cortana angle with EDI?
[/QUOTE]
It would be cool if
EDI became a love interest. Joker would be so jealous!

Just watched the launch trailer, and I agree, it's goosebump-worthy.

I do need to watch it in 720p at home on the big TV, though it's the best launch trailer they've done from ME1 to ME2 to ME3.

In other news, just received my email from B&N about the pre-order DLC code from the Art Of The Mass Effect Universe book purchase.

Redeemed it on Bioware Social Network and it came up as "Unrecognized Item", though it was successfully redeemed. :whistle2:s

Might want to wait until Tuesday before redeeming, just to be safe. I did see that I had the Chakram Launcher and the Reckoner-Knight listed under my registered game content with the ME3 "3" next to them. The MP early access was also listed there as well.

EDIT:
Found this posted by The Crotch in the GGT thread about the changes in the rep system, which isn't spoilerific, BTW:
[quote name='The Crotch']So I went and read something about Mass Effect 3. I willingly put myself in danger of spoilers.

And it was totally worth it. Not spoilers ahead:

There's no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade: In Mass Effect 2, if you wanted to get the hardest Charm options, you had to play an almost completely Paragon character. We intended many of those Charms to be fun Easter eggs, but many players felt like they had to play pure Paragon to avoid being penalized by the loss of a dialog option. In Mass Effect 3, your Reputation score determines both Charm and Intimidate options, and that score is determined by adding your Paragon and Renegade scores together. You're still rewarded for being a completionist player and doing as much content as you can, but you can do it as a Paragon or Renegade player without penalty.
Perfect? No. But a billionty times better than what ME2 and ME1 used. Such a huge improvement. Like, if the charm/intimidate system in ME1 and 2 were "Good Berries", then ME3's system would be "Cure Major Wounds" or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always wondered why the hell I was getting Renegade points in ME2 when I was doing a pure Paragon path. I always neglect to post this stuff because I assume someone else already has, otherwise I would have posted that :)

[quote name='Spybreak8']Soooo... should I watch the ME3 launch trailer or maybe skip it and get most of it from the game once I grab it on the 6th!?[/QUOTE]

watch it. love it. play it.

I just got a chance to watch the official launch trailer. Wow, just when I think they've reached the top, they figure out a way to leap over it. That was flat out amazing. Got goosebumps from another stupid ME3 trailer! That music is haunting.

I checked raptr and it says I've played the demo for 9 hours. I know that's paltry compared to some of the folks on this thread, but still......9 hours on a demo!

So glad I got Tuesday off of work. :)

hey now, just got the DLC code from B&N's for ordering the Art of ME universe book...which I hope doesn't make the ME3 CE art book redundant.

Ok watched the trailer, it's everything I wanted and more... Oh man, ahhh this freakin' weekend when will it end! lol Work on Tuesday is going to be paaaaainful.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ok watched the trailer, it's everything I wanted and more... Oh man, ahhh this freakin' weekend when will it end! lol Work on Tuesday is going to be paaaaainful.[/QUOTE]

Midnight launch, my friend. Embrace irresponsibility.

Is it bad that I never imported my save from ME1 into ME2 and wont import my save from ME2 to ME3? I plan on beating ME1 on the hardest level after ME3 then importing it to ME2 and doing the same with ME2 then importing it to ME3.

Has anyone tried to hijack an Atlas in multiplayer? I didn't even know you could do it.

[quote name='sendme']Is it bad that I never imported my save from ME1 into ME2 and wont import my save from ME2 to ME3? I plan on beating ME1 on the hardest level after ME3 then importing it to ME2 and doing the same with ME2 then importing it to ME3.

Has anyone tried to hijack an Atlas in multiplayer? I didn't even know you could do it.[/QUOTE]

its not bad, you just get less bonuses and a not quite fluent experience. Hell, I played ME2 before ME1 as i actually wan't fond of ME1 until i beat ME2. I plan to go through my 3 complete playthroughs in ME3 from imports, then turn around and do a trilogy run with another character.

as far as hijacking an Atlas, no you cannot. I tried nothing but carnifex and widow shots to the glass and it never breaks. I'll be at midnight launch, probably up all night... and took vacation for a week after release... awww sweet sweet Mass Effecting time. Amazon is shipping my one CE 2 CE guides, regular guide, and sealed Japanese ME1, picking up my other 2 CE's and regular edition from Gamestop at midnight.

I am finishing the trainwreck that is Mass Effect Deception just to be all caught up before I dive in, and have already warned the wife I may be a little vacant for at least 2 - 3 days after launch... the glories of being a gamer.

Hell after the 6th you wont seem me post in this thread for maybe 2 or 3 months. With all the work we have at work I don't know when I will be able to play ME3. I might be able to get a day in every 2 weeks. After single player I'm going into the multi and starting back at ME and playing all 3. If I had to get rid of all my games I will say this is a trilogy I would fight to keep.

[quote name='sendme']Hell after the 6th you wont seem me post in this thread for maybe 2 or 3 months. With all the work we have at work I don't know when I will be able to play ME3. I might be able to get a day in every 2 weeks. After single player I'm going into the multi and starting back at ME and playing all 3. If I had to get rid of all my games I will say this is a trilogy I would fight to keep.[/QUOTE]

Same here, i but 192 hours into Skyrim, I've put about 100 into ME1, 120 into ME2, and xxx into ME3. With my 3rd baby in December, i realized i have no need to horde games and sold most and am cutting down to only what i will play a lot. Skyrim, Saints Row TT, MW3, BF3, Dead Island, Fallout 3 and NV, and ME 1 - 3. Now I collect Mass Effect everything instead of hording backlog. I could easily spend another 200+ hours (and plan to) go back through with all the other classes in trilogy runs with at least one on insane to get all the achievements just because.

Finally watched the trailer.... holy crap. Man, waiting for this game to drop in price is going to be very very tough. Guess I'll be playing ME2 for a while...

[quote name='Javery']Finally watched the trailer.... holy crap. Man, waiting for this game to drop in price is going to be very very tough. Guess I'll be playing ME2 for a while...[/QUOTE]

That's an easy fix. Just Go up to the clerk and tell them that you plan to buy a lot of hardware, and are ready to drop a lot of credits, but want to negotiate a discount. Tell Them you are part of the team that took down Saren and saved the Citadel.

With the employee discount, should make it an easier purchasing decision, AND you may even get to do a recorded endorsement!

Just signed up for amazon prime so I will have my game on friday. I have to work Monday - Thursday so I wont be able to play till then anyway. With any luck it might get here Thursday so I can start when I get home but I don't see that happening.

Here's the latest Alliance News Network report. This one, I think, is particularly interesting if you've been following the Cerberus News Network updates the past few days. It definitely leads up to the opening of ME3 in real time.

ANN-1024x576.png

September 21, 2186
Flood of batarian traffic brings rumors of war
By Shirin Kazemi

UTOPIA SYSTEM – A massive influx of batarian ships is raising tensions in the Exodus Cluster, putting Alliance forces on high alert. According to Alliance officials, the ships came from the batarian-held Harsa relay with minimal warning, some barreling right through. The Alliance reportedly fired on some of the ships with the intent to disable them.

“It’s a miracle any of them are still alive,” one human frigate captain said. According to the batarians, they are neither invaders nor defectors, but refugees. They claim a hostile species has attacked the Hegemony’s fleet, bombarding Khar’shan and other batarian planets.

With the Harsa comm buoy system crippled, communication is sporadic at best between far-flung batarians and their government on Khar’shan. Some refugees claim the attackers were Council. Others blame the geth or even the rachni. All report that the enemy, in whatever form, is blockading the relay, destroying most spacecraft trying to make it through. The refugees are not solely civilians. Hegemony Commander, Eruz Mathat, who is under guard while his cruiser is inspected, was blunt in his assessment of the situation. “I never thought I would say this to the human navy,” he said, “but we need you.”

-Shirin Kazemi contributes to ANN’s Eden Prime telecast “The Apple” and the Constant Times.

Discuss.

Well... The Batarians have officially taken the role as red headed step child of the ME universe. They are like the bully at the end of the movie that gets their ass kicked and embarrassed. Between the games, books, and comics... these four eyed bastards can't catch a break lol. I dig how the news casts open up to what we already know is the Reaper Invasion, very cool stuff.

[quote name='sendme']Just signed up for amazon prime so I will have my game on friday. I have to work Monday - Thursday so I wont be able to play till then anyway. With any luck it might get here Thursday so I can start when I get home but I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

Just do like I do, sacrifice hours of sleep. I figure all I do is lay there anyways so might as well put it to better use. I get about 3-4hrs a night and I am good. Besides you can sleep anytime, but Mass Effect 3 only releases once.

First off, good games last night with Tha X, Anexanhume and Lord Kefka. Was nice to play in an all-CAG party.

In regards to the ANN posting above, I'm assuming that the batarians will use the current situation with being attacked as a situation to toss towards the Alliance after the events of Arrival and 300K batarians being killed in a supernova.

Since they're not likely to know it's the Reapers and not liking the Alliance and the Council races very much, I'm sure they'll rattle their sabres and start trying to defend themselves.

[quote name='Freemason']That's an easy fix. Just Go up to the clerk and tell them that you plan to buy a lot of hardware, and are ready to drop a lot of credits, but want to negotiate a discount.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'm hoping they accidentally make all the dlc free like they did for mass effect 2[/QUOTE]

When was that?

[quote name='dotCody']When was that?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, the Zaeed DLC was up on the marketplace free for a few hours, right?

[quote name='drktrpr1']If I remember correctly, the Zaeed DLC was up on the marketplace free for a few hours, right?[/QUOTE]Yes, that's correct.

It was right at the time of launch.

[quote name='drktrpr1']If I remember correctly, the Zaeed DLC was up on the marketplace free for a few hours, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, that's correct.

It was right at the time of launch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and actually, it was ALL of the DLC that was released around launch, including pre-order stuff. I was able to basically get my CE for next to nothing after selling the pre-order I got and whatever DLC came with the CE (Collector armor and rifle, I believe).

bread's done
Back