Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='drktrpr1']If I remember correctly, the Zaeed DLC was up on the marketplace free for a few hours, right?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, that's correct.

It was right at the time of launch.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I didn't have an Xbox at that time so I guess it doesn't bother me. Thanks for the answers, guys. :)

I unlocked an asari adept today and it was scaled to the same level as my main character, havent had that happen with any other characters i've unlocked, pretty cool and the asari adept has the best moves so far i think, being able to freeze nearly anything in that stasis bubble makes some of the tougher enemies a breeze, i paired it with a sniper rifle and was freezing/popping heads off so easily.

Anyone have any idea how large the download file is for the From Ashes DLC? Should I expect the standard size for a ME add-on, or could it be a small file (under 100MB) like w/Sebastian from DA 2?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone have any idea how large the download file is for the From Ashes DLC? Should I expect the standard size for a ME add-on, or could it be a small file (under 100MB) like w/Sebastian from DA 2?[/QUOTE]

When it was accidently put up on Xbox Live the other week it said it was 628.18 MB.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I unlocked an asari adept today and it was scaled to the same level as my main character, havent had that happen with any other characters i've unlocked, pretty cool and the asari adept has the best moves so far i think, being able to freeze nearly anything in that stasis bubble makes some of the tougher enemies a breeze, i paired it with a sniper rifle and was freezing/popping heads off so easily.[/QUOTE]

ditch the sniper rifle, get a carnifex hand cannon with a scope and damage barrell. I can cast my stasis bubble about every 2.38 secs and it takes a slight flick of the thumb to scroll to the head and POP. On Bronze - 1 shot for regular grunts Guardians (after throwing their shield up), 2 shots for engineers and nemesis, 3 shots for Centurians, 4 shots for Phantoms. I only have a Carnifex II with a scope V and Damage Barrell II.

The faster reuse on the powers far outweighs the extra firepower when you really dont need it. Couple the 50% biotic explosion bonus, and you can combine Warp and Throw with your bubble for some serious slingshot booming action. But for the Krogan Soldier, the Asari Adept is my fave.

PS tomorrow night midnight, the Reaper Invasion is soooooo close!

We are so, so close now! Assume direct control of this
simple_punch.gif
, Reapers!

I had a lot of fun with the Mass Effect 3 demo playing the multiplayer, but then stopped playing it when I realized the points didn't carry over into the full game. The leap in difficulty from Bronze to Silver or Gold is pretty immense as far as the Bots are concerned, with Bronze being way too east with a team of 4. I hope it gets worked out in the final game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone have any idea how large the download file is for the From Ashes DLC? Should I expect the standard size for a ME add-on, or could it be a small file (under 100MB) like w/Sebastian from DA 2?[/QUOTE]

IIRC Sebastian was on disc and unlocked by the download essentially.

[quote name='Freemason']ditch the sniper rifle, get a carnifex hand cannon with a scope and damage barrell. I can cast my stasis bubble about every 2.38 secs and it takes a slight flick of the thumb to scroll to the head and POP. On Bronze - 1 shot for regular grunts Guardians (after throwing their shield up), 2 shots for engineers and nemesis, 3 shots for Centurians, 4 shots for Phantoms. I only have a Carnifex II with a scope V and Damage Barrell II.

The faster reuse on the powers far outweighs the extra firepower when you really dont need it. Couple the 50% biotic explosion bonus, and you can combine Warp and Throw with your bubble for some serious slingshot booming action. But for the Krogan Soldier, the Asari Adept is my fave.

PS tomorrow night midnight, the Reaper Invasion is soooooo close![/QUOTE]

I do have a hand cannon with scope and other add on, i use a mix, i use sniper for like phantoms and bigger enemies, and i did do the explosion bonus and shortened the recharge speed to 2 seconds i think too. this thing is a killing machine, way more than my human adept was

Pretty much ignored all news stories and previews about me3 (not on purpose, it just happened). I actually have no idea what the story is about (something about earth), so I can't wait to play.

My hype has died down considerably now that the more impressions are out there:

-Apparently, there's a LOT of autodialogue. Remember all the little conversation choices you had in ME1/2 that added up to create your character's personality? Nope, not anymore. You get big choices, but not much else.

The lack of choices might just be people selecting the action mode rather than the RPG mode. The demo explicitly mentioned less dialogue choices in the action mode.

[quote name='evanft']My hype has died down considerably now that the more impressions are out there:

-Apparently, there's a LOT of autodialogue. Remember all the little conversation choices you had in ME1/2 that added up to create your character's personality? Nope, not anymore. You get big choices, but not much else.
[/QUOTE]

Judging off the demo, i do not see this to be the case. But as stated, is probably the arcade mode as it only brings up trees for major choices keeping it more action based FPS. I woulnd't worry about not having ability to make choices, i HIGHLY doubt Bioware would axe one of the defining charcteristics of the entire franchise in the trilogy closer.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I do have a hand cannon with scope and other add on, i use a mix, i use sniper for like phantoms and bigger enemies, and i did do the explosion bonus and shortened the recharge speed to 2 seconds i think too. this thing is a killing machine, way more than my human adept was[/QUOTE]

big time, my human doesn't come close to the Asari. I do like taking the widow out from time to time just to shoot Guardians through the shield with ant-material rounds... but the delay in reloads and damage compared to just using the pistol is incredibly long. I can't wait to fight against the other enemy types and see new maps.. wish I could take my Asari and big Krogan buddy with me, but they'll be back :)

[quote name='Anexanhume']They recorded like twice as much dialogue for this one. Does it stand to reason shepard's number of lines went down?[/QUOTE]

Just because they have more lines doesn't mean you get as much or more choice over what he says.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The lack of choices might just be people selecting the action mode rather than the RPG mode. The demo explicitly mentioned less dialogue choices in the action mode.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Freemason']Judging off the demo, i do not see this to be the case. But as stated, is probably the arcade mode as it only brings up trees for major choices keeping it more action based FPS. I woulnd't worry about not having ability to make choices, i HIGHLY doubt Bioware would axe one of the defining charcteristics of the entire franchise in the trilogy closer.[/QUOTE]

No. These are impressions from people playing in RPG mode.

Pretty much
, supposedly. In action mode, I'm 90% sure you wouldn't even get that one dialogue choice.

[quote name='evanft']Just because they have more lines doesn't mean you get as much or more choice over what he says.[/quote]

Well then there's a shitload more dialogue scenes if choice reduced but lines doubled.

Yeah, i'm not sold on pre release impressions, regardless of source, I will stand by my assumption. Since going to the Rep system over defined Paragon and Renegade choices, I have a feeling we will see less miniscule choices in conversations. With the amount (ample in my opinion) choices just in the demo level alone, I cannot see how they woulld strip it down to a level where you no longer felt in charge of Shepard's character path, but streamline it more into actions over words with the new system.

There is a lot of story to tell in this chapter, I hope to see it all go hand in hand with the new system as a continus flowing character progression instead of solely off of many conversation pieces. I think this would also accomodate those playing in the other modes as well. Either way, I'm still stoked as hell.

So excited for this game to finally hit (and so frustrated that my parents chose Tuesday night to come visit).

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to make choices and shape our own versions of the story. Really, what, if anything, could ruin ME3 at this point? A cross-dressing Elcor prostitute? David Spade voicing the Normandy's new AI? As long as my Shep gets to punch that reporter again and go 3 for 3, I'll be happy.

Got a hold of the ME 3 soundtrack and was kinda disappointed that
Clint Mansell only has two tracks in the game. But they might be the best in all of the game/soundtrack.

I think ME 2 soundtrack is the best though out of the three soundtracks. I wish Jack Wall would have been involved again.

[quote name='js1']Got a hold of the ME 3 soundtrack and was kinda disappointed that
Clint Mansell only has two tracks in the game. But they might be the best in all of the game/soundtrack.

I think ME 2 soundtrack is the best though out of the three soundtracks. I wish Jack Wall would have been involved again.[/QUOTE]

Where'd u get the ost? I needs that nee-owww.!

[quote name='js1']Got a hold of the ME 3 soundtrack and was kinda disappointed that

I think ME 2 soundtrack is the best though out of the three soundtracks. I wish Jack Wall would have been involved again.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how they chose which songs they wanted him to do? Also, I wonder why he did so few? Too expensive for him to do the whole thing?

[quote name='Anexanhume']I wonder how they chose which songs they wanted him to do? Also, I wonder why he did so few? Too expensive for him to do the whole thing?[/QUOTE]

Probably another random phantom changes to talent like the revoicing of Mordin... of ALL of them... MORDIN?! dude was so awesome... will have to wait til i get more than the demo to see how he lives up.

and yes, i also want linkage to get the OST to add to the collection!

"Autodialogue." :lol: I just love that the posters on BSN thought they needed to invent a new word to describe the concept of a cutscene without a dialogue tree. Have they just never played anything besides Dragon Age and Mass Effect? They should try a Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy game, their heads would explode.

Anyway, BSN "Sky-is-Falling-Series-is-Ruined" situation #853. I'll believe it when I play it.

is today the last day to play the demo, or just last day for the free gold access? anyway i haven't played in like 2 weeks but ill be on for some gold runs again tonight if anyone wants to join :)

I think EA found an interesting way to keep gamers healthier. Starting with the very 1st time you are able to pull up the map, they give you 2+ side missions, some of which are on the 1st disc, the others on the 2nd, and they dont tell you which is which. If you happen to select a mission that's on the 2nd disc, there's no backing out so each time you have to get up, switch the discs, and once you complete the mission and want to do the next one, you gotta switch back to disc 1.

I guess this is only an issue for those of us who are completionists and want to do all the side missions to get the best ending, but I really don't remember this happening with the two discs in ME2 until later in the game.

guys, anyone still looking for the N7 edition, come check out my auction! only slightly above retail at the time of posting ! free shipping too! check the signature :)

[quote name='Bezerker']I think EA found an interesting way to keep gamers healthier. Starting with the very 1st time you are able to pull up the map, they give you 2+ side missions, some of which are on the 1st disc, the others on the 2nd, and they dont tell you which is which. If you happen to select a mission that's on the 2nd disc, there's no backing out so each time you have to get up, switch the discs, and once you complete the mission and want to do the next one, you gotta switch back to disc 1.

I guess this is only an issue for those of us who are completionists and want to do all the side missions to get the best ending, but I really don't remember this happening with the two discs in ME2 until later in the game.[/QUOTE]

Good thing mine is next to my chair so i can just reach out and swap it lol good luck to all you suckers and your athletics!!

and please keep this thread auction free, you have a tradelist, a preorder thread, a lowball thread, and an eBay auctions thread. Sorry just think its kind of rude, but to each their own.

Do I have to beat the KoA demo to get the armor? I had originally read that you do, but I just loaded it up finally, and the message popped that I had unlocked ME3 armor. Also, do you get anything for playing the ME3 demo?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Do I have to beat the KoA demo to get the armor? I had originally read that you do, but I just loaded it up finally, and the message popped that I had unlocked ME3 armor. Also, do you get anything for playing the ME3 demo?[/QUOTE]

when the unlock message pops up, you got it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Do I have to beat the KoA demo to get the armor? I had originally read that you do, but I just loaded it up finally, and the message popped that I had unlocked ME3 armor. Also, do you get anything for playing the ME3 demo?[/QUOTE]

When I played through the KoA demo, there were two unlocks...a couple moments after being above ground, you meet a fate-seer person and after your dialog with him, the armor unlocks. After that, you're given 45 minutes of free-roam to do whatever. After the 45 minutes are up, you unlock the chakram launcher.

For the ME3 demo, I completed single player and played a little multiplayer, received nothing.

[quote name='Bezerker']I think EA found an interesting way to keep gamers healthier. Starting with the very 1st time you are able to pull up the map, they give you 2+ side missions, some of which are on the 1st disc, the others on the 2nd, and they dont tell you which is which. If you happen to select a mission that's on the 2nd disc, there's no backing out so each time you have to get up, switch the discs, and once you complete the mission and want to do the next one, you gotta switch back to disc 1.

I guess this is only an issue for those of us who are completionists and want to do all the side missions to get the best ending, but I really don't remember this happening with the two discs in ME2 until later in the game.[/QUOTE]

wow, that sounds incredibly annoying... would installing the game make it so you don't have to switch discs? can't think if i've done that with any other games with more than 1 disc...

that and the less dialogue choices have me a bit worried, sure it'll still be great but these are both disappointing things to hear about

In ME2 it wasn't till about the last half or quarter of the game till you had to change it. I think I switched out discs maybe 3 times. Every time I did it was when I did an older side quest. The only thing I don't like about swapping out discs all the time is it can be hell for the drive. Still this is ME3 so I'm sure it will make up for all this.

[quote name='Salamando3000']When I played through the KoA demo, there were two unlocks...a couple moments after being above ground, you meet a fate-seer person and after your dialog with him, the armor unlocks. After that, you're given 45 minutes of free-roam to do whatever. After the 45 minutes are up, you unlock the chakram launcher.

For the ME3 demo, I completed single player and played a little multiplayer, received nothing.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaah, thank you for letting me know about the second unlock. Played up until that part and then just let the game run. Unfortunately, they warn you at the 20 minute mark and pause the game lol. Eventually got the weapon, though. Thanks again.

That kinda sucks..

[quote name='Bezerker']I think EA found an interesting way to keep gamers healthier. Starting with the very 1st time you are able to pull up the map, they give you 2+ side missions, some of which are on the 1st disc, the others on the 2nd, and they dont tell you which is which. If you happen to select a mission that's on the 2nd disc, there's no backing out so each time you have to get up, switch the discs, and once you complete the mission and want to do the next one, you gotta switch back to disc 1. [/QUOTE]Just out of curiosity what happens if both discs are cached to the HD?

Did you do an install to the HD? Or are you strictly playing from the disk(s)?

[quote name='pilferk']Did you do an install to the HD? Or are you strictly playing from the disk(s)?[/QUOTE]

Regardless if you install or not it will still likely prompt you to switch discs.

[quote name='HydroX']Regardless if you install or not it will still likely prompt you to switch discs.[/QUOTE]

You sure?

There have been a couple of 2 disk games I've done installs on...and never had to change the disk during play (left disk 1 in the entire time) on my 360. Can't remember if ME2 was one of those or not.

I can see the copy protection reasoning behind requiring disk swaps at certain times...but not the need to change them constantly.

I still don't know what I'm going to play as. With each installment I've had different classes, and I'm wanting to do the same this go around. But I had so much fun as an Engineer last time I'm very tempted to go with that again. Adept is also off the table. Thinking about doing Vanguard. I'll spend all my free time at work researching the classes. Time well spent.

bread's done
Back