Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Trying to get on now but my account suddenly stopped taking prepaid cards.

Just got the card in the mail and now I'm stuck waiting on a call back from the XBL billing department to figure out whats going on.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Man, no one's on? This shit hasn't died already, has it?[/QUOTE]

I just can't play tonight after five non-stop hours yesterday.

If they decide to add more variety to the multiplayer, they need to add a quick hitting game type. Not that I don't mind the current stuff, but you play two or three matches, and you've already played an hour. What about something that only takes like five minutes, so you play it quickly and are ready for the next round?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I just can't play tonight after five non-stop hours yesterday.

If they decide to add more variety to the multiplayer, they need to add a quick hitting game type. Not that I don't mind the current stuff, but you play two or three matches, and you've already played an hour. What about something that only takes like five minutes, so you play it quickly and are ready for the next round?[/QUOTE]

I definitely get that. It's pretty easy to lose entire nights to this.

lolz I love Futurama:
23a.jpg

ahahahaha
5ec.png

and on second thought forget the blackjack.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Started my Insanity playthrough, I'm on Menae.

Squadmates with Particle Rifle + Squad Cryo Ammo = everybody's frozen immediately.

The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is Earth when they start throwing four brutes at you at once.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Started my Insanity playthrough, I'm on Menae.

Squadmates with Particle Rifle + Squad Cryo Ammo = everybody's frozen immediately.

The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is Earth when they start throwing four brutes at you at once.[/QUOTE]

What class are you? I was worried about that part, but I just holed up in one of the storefronts on the side of the map while James and EDI absorbed every bullet on the planet.

The only thing I'm really worried about at this point is Earth when they start throwing four brutes at you at once.[/QUOTE]

That part really isn't bad at all, I only died twice as a result of the Banshee instant kill. I had the most trouble facing Marauder Shields :cry:

That would not be so bad if they ran in the direction they are facing. It is not a a big issue but it does look stupid.

[quote name='Spybreak8']As the N7 weekend report mentions expect some challenging objectives this weekend with Operation: Raptor. Good to hear.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Bonus xp is great, but I would like more bonus packs instead.

[quote name='IanKazimer']What class are you? I was worried about that part, but I just holed up in one of the storefronts on the side of the map while James and EDI absorbed every bullet on the planet.[/QUOTE]
Soldier. I upgraded to the N7 Valiant X and Vindicator X and she is wrecking shop. :)

Hehe I have to try this with my Vanguard. Charge, instant shards of ice! I'm still sorta boycotting the game by not playing though.

[quote name='KrizB']Trying to get on now but my account suddenly stopped taking prepaid cards.

Just got the card in the mail and now I'm stuck waiting on a call back from the XBL billing department to figure out whats going on.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that goes; I got a 1 month card with my new Slim XBox and it won't let me enter that either.

I wouldn't mind joining up with some CAGs for MP matches. Not sure I'm good enough for Gold yet, but I'd happily give it a shot. Or Silver. Either works for me.

[quote name='IanKazimer']GGs last night, XP. We won more than I expected too, hahaha.

Dem PAYDAYS![/QUOTE]

my bad i didn't get to join you guys, my friend wanted to borrow my DA:O and when he "borrows" my games i don't usually see them again for 2 years or so, so i was trying to finally finish awakenings haha

[quote name='gotdott']my bad i didn't get to join you guys, my friend wanted to borrow my DA:O and when he "borrows" my games i don't usually see them again for 2 years or so, so i was trying to finally finish awakenings haha[/QUOTE]

Haha, no worries dude. I don't see me quitting anytime soon. Nice to have something to just throw on and murder dudes/robits/aleinz.

So you are not suppose to play as a vanguard on gold runs? When did that happen? Also, there are only 4 fucking classes in the game...talk about elitist.

There are certainly good Vanguards out there, it's just unfortunate that 90% of them are really bad, reckless players that mic up just to yell at you when you won't cross the map to revive them.

It's a bummer too, because generally good Vanguards are REALLY good. They've just got a bad rap now thanks to the Charge/Nova/Die Kids out there.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
The-REAL-Mass-Effect-3-ending-No-spoilers.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Oh, God, that's a good one lol

And I hate Vanguards. Almost all of them do that crap. Yeah, charge at two brutes and a banshee! Slick move.

Today was the first in a week that I have been on. Did they up the difficulty in the MP. Bronze felt just as hard as silver usually does and most groups I was in could only make it to wave 10.

Near the end of my Infiltrator+Insanity playthrough.

Not that hard.
So far the only thing that gives me trouble is the Primes and Banshees.
Even when invisible they always know where I am and their projectiles lock on.

Really not looking forward to KL and the MD.

Also;

me3lotr.jpg

So here's the N7 mission for this weekend (Fri-Sun) :

Individual- Promote 2 characters. You will get a Commendation (N7 weapon) pack next week for completing this.
Community- 150k characters overall promoted. Everyone who plays this weekend will get a victory pack if goal is reached.

I'd love a Valiant. Might actually get me to use my poor Salarian Infiltrator. Love that class in single, but something just hasn't been vibing with me in multi.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Two things from the interwebs:

Yet another article on the ending, where the author claims the ending "wrecks the trilogy"
http://www.metropulse.com/news/2012/mar/28/mass-effect-3-pt-ii-how-ending-can-wreck-trilogy/[/QUOTE]
Interesting article, but I don't think the comparison with ME2 is fair. While ME2's final mission incorporates a lot of cool choices and leads to a bunch of very different end states, the actual ending (everything after you stop controlling Shepard) is just as abrupt and open-ended as ME3's. The two important distinctions are that ME2's ending did resolve the specific story arc of that game (the Collectors were decisively defeated in a satisfying way); and that we all knew that ME2 was just the middle game in the trilogy and more answers were coming later, so it was okay that it ended abruptly on a "to be continued" note.

I only want a valiant so I can get it to lvl 2.

promote 2 lvl 20's? I think I can swing that for friday...and yeah, I promote out of boredom as well. I suppose if you get bored you could just go a completel different spec and not the optimal one like most ppl do for maximum effectiveness in a pug.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I'd love a Valiant. Might actually get me to use my poor Salarian Infiltrator. Love that class in single, but something just hasn't been vibing with me in multi.[/QUOTE]

the Salarian Infiltrator is probably one of the best of the infiltrators, the sniper weight reduction is so nice when you're toting a widow or heavier...and energy drain is pretty standard for gold difficulty.

[quote name='100xp']the Salarian Infiltrator is probably one of the best of the infiltrators, the sniper weight reduction is so nice when you're toting a widow or heavier...and energy drain is pretty standard for gold difficulty.[/QUOTE]

For sure. With how much I love the Salarian Engineer, I can see it being a pretty natural transition. I just need to get back into the mindset.

[quote name='100xp']I suppose if you get bored you could just go a completel different spec and not the optimal one like most ppl do for maximum effectiveness in a pug.[/QUOTE]

I usually do then regret it soon afterward as my shitty team of randoms start falling like dominoes around me and I realize I just wasted 20 - 30 minutes of time. Lately I've been messing around with the Claymore on my Quarian Infiltrator (yes I FINALLY got one). I've never seen so many lobby rage quitters in my life whenever I place first.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I usually do then regret it soon afterward as my shitty team of randoms start falling like dominoes around me and I realize I just wasted 20 - 30 minutes of time. Lately I've been messing around with the Claymore on my Quarian Infiltrator (yes I FINALLY got one). I've never seen so many lobby rage quitters in my life whenever I place first.[/QUOTE]

i've gotten 4 in a row...and I don't use the shotguns much at all.

at least there's 4 races per class so you could spec team and lone wolf to some degree. the asari is team, the drell is lone wolf but still does surprisingly well in team...naturally.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So here's the N7 mission for this weekend (Fri-Sun) :

Individual- Promote 2 characters. You will get a Commendation (N7 weapon) pack next week for completing this.
Community- 150k characters overall promoted. Everyone who plays this weekend will get a victory pack if goal is reached.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if you get one for ever 2 or if you just get one. I have 2 that are at 17 and I think 19. I already have the soldier class at 20.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Two things from the interwebs:

Yet another article on the ending, where the author claims the ending "wrecks the trilogy"
http://www.metropulse.com/news/2012/mar/28/mass-effect-3-pt-ii-how-ending-can-wreck-trilogy/[/QUOTE]

Ahaha
Bioware finally wrote themselves into a corner. Once they realized it, they decided to Michael Bay their way out of it and hope nobody noticed.
Bioware, the creators, were worried that the creations they made, the lore, would take over so they destroyed the creations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sendme']Wonder if you get one for ever 2 or if you just get one. I have 2 that are at 17 and I think 19. I already have the soldier class at 20.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. I did Reapers on silver multiple times for the last challenge, just to make sure I'd get my pack. But hey, if we do, that would be great! I think I got 4 characters in the high teens.

Nuts.

I just promoted my characters the other day and can't get online until MS finishes the investigation on why I can't subscribe to Live.

bread's done
Back