Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Haha nooooo, folks called me up so I only got a little bit of my Femshep playthrough with the Citadel. I found out the hard way that my difficulty with that one was a bit harder. Wow, bs, shooting a guy or shocking him, my Vanguard has Energy Drain, and he's still manages to fire off a salvo right into my chest. Well so I played some multiplayer instead, don't think I'll be able to get the Platinum challenges, nope. I think Gold is my threshold.

Cision Pro Mark 4
to the rescue :lol:

"Y-you used me as bait?!"

Can't say this is better than LotSB, but if there's any praise I can give it, it's that it is ME3's LotSB.

And I think that's the highest praise I can give it.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Haha nooooo, folks called me up so I only got a little bit of my Femshep playthrough with the Citadel. I found out the hard way that my difficulty with that one was a bit harder. Wow, bs, shooting a guy or shocking him, my Vanguard has Energy Drain, and he's still manages to fire off a salvo right into my chest. Well so I played some multiplayer instead, don't think I'll be able to get the Platinum challenges, nope. I think Gold is my threshold.[/QUOTE]

Plat isn't that bad.

[quote name='theredworm']Plat isn't that bad.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And that's coming from someone who just dipped their toe in platinum waters. It's totally doable with the right squad.

Finished up the DLC at 1 AM this morning. What an absolutely fantastic experience for my $15. Anybody on the fence....buy this if you're a fan of Mass Effect at all. I guarantee you'll find $15 worth of enjoyment in it.

Had such a blast rolling with Garrus and Wrex for the whole mission. Being able to use ME1 parties again was fantastic, and there was so much good dialogue sprinkled throughout. The "I should go" line was particularly great.

Some of the highlights from my Paragon Shep's loud party:

-Zaeed drunkenly hit on Samara
-EDI confronted Traynor about Traynor's feelings for EDI during the story
-Liara lifted James off the ground with biotics
-Ashley and James hooked up
-Javik became friends with the porcelain goddess
-Miranda and Jack had one of their...moments

Then....came the photo. THAT was the moment where it hit me that this is the end of the Mass Effect adventure....and how truly incredible of an experience it's been.

The "We've had a good ride" scene glitched out for me though so that 2 music tracks were playing over each other, taking me out of the moment. Gonna have to do that again.

I have higher praise for Citadel DLC:

I didn't want it to end.

But I guess that's alright. Because Citadel was the REAL ending.

I'm also really happy for one thing:

During the end of first part, where your clone yells at you, "What makes you so special and not me?!" Shepard says nothing. Your squad rushes to help you up and that's when it hits him: Shepard was never just about facts and statistics. Shepard is the person he is because of all the wonderful relationships he's built.

With that short sequence, I'm feel like BioWare finally realized that too. Mass Effect was NEVER about fighting the geth, the third person combat, answering things in a Paragon or Renegade way, or hell, even about stopping the Reapers. The whole series was personal because of those relationships you built.

Shepard's journey was OUR journey. THAT is Mass Effect.

OK so I wasn't given the option for ANY of the individual invites to the apartment, even though I got the wave of emails of James, Liara, Miranda, Tali, Kolyat, etc. I got the scenes with people on the strip, but none in the apartment. Went around the citadel trying to get stuff to reset and still no prompts anywhere.

Bought the party favors and had the party, do I need to go back to my previous save from before the party?

Kinda interested in when they wrote the storyline for this as it seems a 100% ripoff/omage to The Dark Knight Rises, but it was VERY well done.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK so I wasn't given the option for ANY of the individual invites to the apartment, even though I got the wave of emails of James, Liara, Miranda, Tali, Kolyat, etc. I got the scenes with people on the strip, but none in the apartment. Went around the citadel trying to get stuff to reset and still no prompts anywhere.

Bought the party favors and had the party, do I need to go back to my previous save from before the party?

Kinda interested in when they wrote the storyline for this as it seems a 100% ripoff/omage to The Dark Knight Rises, but it was VERY well done.[/QUOTE]

I missed calling up too. There is a call up tab on the computer you send invites on. I went to load a previous save and saw "restart mission: throw party" and that fixed me up and tried different party stuff.

I think Grunt made a strong case for MVP of the DLC.
His story about being bailed out of the hospital and the havoc that followed, telling everyone no that wants to come to the party (and joining in to tell some people off myself), falling asleep in the shower (What are clowns hiding?)...
all of his stuff was pure gold. Then again, this entire DLC was a quote and moment goldmine.

There has to be a ton of content packed into this thing. I'm really curious as to how conversations change up during the party if you invite certain people.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Here's a blog post celebrating the one-year anniversary of ME3's release. http://blog.bioware.com/2013/03/07/happy-one-year-anniversary-mass-effect-3/

One note of importance, the lodestar banner is titled "finalchallengebanner", so I take that as, yeah, Lodestar IS the last weekend operation. That stinks, but what should we reasonably expect from Bioware? I mean, did any of us expect ME3 MP to be this great? I know I sure as hell didn't.[/QUOTE]

Lol you beat me to it. Was just going to post that and point, seeeeeeee 1% Platinum. Also funny to see Firebase White is still map of choice. I'm so over that one lol. My favorite is Hydro.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Though, I think at this point at Citadel being the last DLC, I guess it's time for the "complete" run in ME3 with all the DLC and not getting thrown back out to pre-Cerberus base at the end of the game?[/QUOTE]

Another high vote of praise for this DLC. Pure fan-service. The writing got completely silly, lots of funny one-liners which reminded me of LotSB. A little over the top at times with
the villain being a clone, and the continual clone jokes which Shepard was uncomfortable with
but more grins than eye-rolls. It's the most I laughed with this series since ME2. The humor factor there was much higher, which is understandable considering the stakes and setting of ME3 being so serious.

This would be the point where if you completely hate the endings, play this and walk away. It's that good. There is a small additional section of the Citadel to bum around in with the Combat Simulator, Arcade and even more fan service. Didn't see anyone mention it yet, but listen to the crowd conversations. A lot of them refer to multiplayer. The NPC's are even named things like "Engineer" and "Vanguard" and talk about stuff like fighting with randoms and tech armor bursting.

I'm going to see how many more "meet with your friends" type scenario's there are. I've met up with Traynor (hilarious face-off scene, you will know....), Javik (we got our
Blasto
sighting), Zaeed, Garrus, Jack, and Cortez. I got the email from Kolyat, but I can't figure out how to trigger it. My guess is that has to happen, there is a scene in the trailer that matches perfectly.

Tons and tons of squad interaction and specialized conversations. I brought Wrex along on the missions and the ground troops kept lamenting fighting a Krogan. Last but not least, the party. More complete fan service, I went drinks, drinks and dancing. Kasumi and Grunt were my favorites in those, and hearing everyone get drunker as the night wore on. Had to save during the aftermath and go to bed. But once I'm done with that, I'll play it out with different choices and try to rack up the arena prizes.

All this love still makes the ending hurt. Not because of the happy ending thing, but because right here...right in this package, they reach out to the fans. They get it. They deliver. The ending was wide-swath to capture the whole market, the players who just picked up the series with ME3. They probably didn't buy this DLC. This was for fans in ways the ending never will be.

Okay, I haven't finished Citadel yet, so I haven't read previous posts, but at the point when
we confront Evil Shep
my Shep suddenly has big old, muppet googly eyes. Seriously, he looks like fucking Kermit the Frog during every conversation. Has this happened to anyone else? It was kind of distracting and detracted from the tone of the scene.

[quote name='simosaurus']Okay, I haven't finished Citadel yet, so I haven't read previous posts, but at the point when
we confront Evil Shep
my Shep suddenly has big old, muppet googly eyes. Seriously, he looks like fucking Kermit the Frog during every conversation. Has this happened to anyone else? It was kind of distracting and detracted from the tone of the scene.[/QUOTE]

Only glitch I've seen like that was the hologram of the salarian Councilor in the archive. He had oversized eyes and teeth. It was truly horrifying.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Another high vote of praise for this DLC. Pure fan-service. The writing got completely silly, lots of funny one-liners which reminded me of LotSB. A little over the top at times with
the villain being a clone, and the continual clone jokes which Shepard was uncomfortable with
but more grins than eye-rolls. It's the most I laughed with this series since ME2. The humor factor there was much higher, which is understandable considering the stakes and setting of ME3 being so serious.

This would be the point where if you completely hate the endings, play this and walk away. It's that good. There is a small additional section of the Citadel to bum around in with the Combat Simulator, Arcade and even more fan service. Didn't see anyone mention it yet, but listen to the crowd conversations. A lot of them refer to multiplayer. The NPC's are even named things like "Engineer" and "Vanguard" and talk about stuff like fighting with randoms and tech armor bursting.

I'm going to see how many more "meet with your friends" type scenario's there are. I've met up with Traynor (hilarious face-off scene, you will know....), Javik (we got our
Blasto
sighting), Zaeed, Garrus, Jack, and Cortez. I got the email from Kolyat, but I can't figure out how to trigger it. My guess is that has to happen, there is a scene in the trailer that matches perfectly.

Tons and tons of squad interaction and specialized conversations. I brought Wrex along on the missions and the ground troops kept lamenting fighting a Krogan. Last but not least, the party. More complete fan service, I went drinks, drinks and dancing. Kasumi and Grunt were my favorites in those, and hearing everyone get drunker as the night wore on. Had to save during the aftermath and go to bed. But once I'm done with that, I'll play it out with different choices and try to rack up the arena prizes.

All this love still makes the ending hurt. Not because of the happy ending thing, but because right here...right in this package, they reach out to the fans. They get it. They deliver. The ending was wide-swath to capture the whole market, the players who just picked up the series with ME3. They probably didn't buy this DLC. This was for fans in ways the ending never will be.[/QUOTE]

I'd pretty much second this 100%.

"tech armor, tech armor, tech armor." lol

I spent a good chunk of time walking around just listening in. This pack is 100% fan service, a joy to experience, and brings out a buddy cop punch in the shoulder raz each other during battles smile fest. DO NOT go into it thinking its another side mission add on looking to add a bunch to it, but be ready to experience the crew back together in a sort or behind the scenes and hanging out while drinking beer special feature.

on a side note, i really hope they continue OPS for MP, honestly it is one of the few games i can play all day and night and still have the "one more game." mentality. I enjoy the characters and player combos and weapons... all of it, I just hope the keep it rolling right into ME4.

speaking of which... where do you think it should take place, who should be in it, and what plot lines would you like to see followed?

[quote name='Freemason']on a side note, i really hope they continue OPS for MP, honestly it is one of the few games i can play all day and night and still have the "one more game." mentality. I enjoy the characters and player combos and weapons... all of it, I just hope the keep it rolling right into ME4.

speaking of which... where do you think it should take place, who should be in it, and what plot lines would you like to see followed?[/QUOTE]

100% agree about the mp. I just hit 500 hours played in mp.

[quote name='Freemason']speaking of which... where do you think it should take place, who should be in it, and what plot lines would you like to see followed?[/QUOTE]
Assuming it takes place 500 years in the future or something like that, I'm hoping there could be a central role for Liara, maybe even EDI, Grunt, or Wrex... I don't know, I hate to think that we've said goodbye to ALL of these characters forever. :cry:

Ahhhh man wow, Jennifer Hale does such an awesome Renegade Sheppard. Yeah, now that Destiny has been revealed I hope Bioware transitions the Mass Effect series into a "shared world" kind of thing. You'd also be able to pick which race you want to be, not necessarily limited to human.

[quote name='theredworm']The terminal you send invites from has a "call up" tab, he's in there.[/QUOTE]

Surprised at the number of people missing this.

Your private messages terminal has 3 options:

Invite Up - Email - Send Invitations.

All of it is right there. If you got the e-mail from somebody and it doesn't say "Meet me at Y place", then they need an invite. Simple as that.

Ahh one thing I didn't realize last time I did the party, walk back to the groups later, they've got more to say!

Oh and yeah I had a vastly different time this time with the boss fight, Vanguard on Hardcore lol.

Okay so that was the single best piece of content I've ever played. Maybe I'm a primitive (see what I did?) but I didn't see the twist coming. So many great one-liners too, especially from Wrex. Anyone on the fence...get this now. And I haven't even done any of the post mission fun stuff!

100% agree about the mp. I just hit 500 hours played in mp.

I am a shade under 400, took a couple months off to do some PC gaming until the content packs dropped, and besides Soldier of Fortune 2 I played with buddies in competitive FPS since 1999, No other game has kept me wanting to log in and play just to be a part of it.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Okay so that was the single best piece of content I've ever played. Maybe I'm a primitive (see what I did?) but I didn't see the twist coming. So many great one-liners too, especially from Wrex. Anyone on the fence...get this now. And I haven't even done any of the post mission fun stuff![/QUOTE]

yeah was pretty great. I still have the tail end of the party to do but have gone through about everything. i like that you can hang out, gamble, play games, do the arena, etc... but yeah the one liners and moments in this one from:

Grunt's Noodle Night, The Krogan Anchor, the Shooting Gallery, The Toothbrush, The Bait, The MediGel Jitters, Taking out 100 guys with a Pistol, Zaeed vs the Claaaaaaw (Toy Story Aliens voice), Pizza Delivery God, Blasto Battle... I kinda wanna replay it again and select different people just to hear the whines " I wanted to go..."

I am gonna run through Omega DLC, then I think I am gonna run another full trilogy run. Best Games Ever.

As far as the future of the ME Universe, there is sooooo much they can still pursue. Halo had ODST, they could do Salarian STG. You could go back to First Contact War, The Rachni War, The Geth Uprising, a Mass Effect MMO (yes please), N7/Spectre start up, Post Shepard Cycle, Grissom Academy, A series on Anderson up to Shepard... With the following they have, the skill in crafting the universe, the sheer amount of material they have to flesh out... I cannot imagine how they could not keep going.

[quote name='dualedge2']Surprised at the number of people missing this.

Your private messages terminal has 3 options:

Invite Up - Email - Send Invitations.

All of it is right there. If you got the e-mail from somebody and it doesn't say "Meet me at Y place", then they need an invite. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks I figured it out tonight. To be fair, it's the same symbol as the tutorial stuff so I just ignored it the first time thinking it was the exact same as the email terminal on the ship.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ahhhh man wow, Jennifer Hale does such an awesome Renegade Sheppard. Yeah, now that Destiny has been revealed I hope Bioware transitions the Mass Effect series into a "shared world" kind of thing. You'd also be able to pick which race you want to be, not necessarily limited to human.[/QUOTE]

If you let the final boss battle play out a bit without winning immediately, particularly after the midway point cut scene, I think what follows is some of the best VO work of hers in the whole series.

LOL

Jack: I still really hate you, but you have great tits.
Miranda: Well, I guess I can settle for that.

The ending of this no bullshit about made me cry... so time to man up and.. go cry more waaaaahhhh...

seriously though, very awesome.

[quote name='Freemason']The ending of this no bullshit about made me cry... so time to man up and.. go cry more waaaaahhhh...[/QUOTE]

Talking about
returning to the Normandy?
I took some hits to my man card there, don't worry. :lol:

"The best."

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Only glitch I've seen like that was the hologram of the salarian Councilor in the archive. He had oversized eyes and teeth. It was truly horrifying.[/QUOTE]

Are you supposed to have access to your powers mapped to Y, LB, and RB during the first combat sequence? They don't show up as options to select on the wheel yet if I hit the buttons those powers launch.

First combat sequence:
All I know is I thought there'd be thermal clips on the ground. Lesson learned: Get to Brooks ASAP, preferably without shooting anyone, so you have bullets left for later.

My favorite parts of the DLC:

- Y-you used me as bait?!
- We're going to have a chat about you using me as bait.
- Team Mako, Team Hammerhead
- I SHOULD go. I should GO. *I* should go.
- Cision Pro Mark 4 (If anyone had told me this morning that we'd be saved by a toothbrush...)
- Don't know about "no explosions", but "just us" sounds perfect.
- Grunt and The Quest for the Spicy Noodle
- Zaeed Messani vs the Claw
- Tali sings a part of "Fleet and Flotilla the Musical" to me (I romanced Tali for this)
- Bouncer Grunt holds the line ("No! See? It's fun")
- Sexual fun with Traynor & EDI and Tali poisoning herself (to change the subject)
- "Sharks!" "I've got this blue stone for you, Liara..."
- "I had a dream..." ("...that it was fifty-thousad years later and the primitives had all evolved. No, no. It was just a dream...")
- Calibrations ("I should stop saying that. I'll stop saying that as long as Liara stops saying "by the goddess")
- "I should probably go" ("Stupid dairy products")
- You bet your... (...sweet blue ass)
- Nice (f*cking tits)
- "If you wont..." ("...then I will" *two-minute long laughter*)
- "Your dancing..." ("...closely resembles Shepard's") "Hey, low blow"
- "We've had a great ride." ("The best")

I have more. That's just all I can remember at the moment.

I have a lot of respect for any dude admitting that some space dust *may* have gotten in there eye. I've been on "bitch watch" since starring this DLC, just waiting for the moment where I'll start sobbing like a bitch. So far all I've had are laughs but I suspect the emotions to be heavy by the end. :)

yeah the "I wanted to go" lines were funny. Kaiden said "I never get picked" and I LOL'd"

[quote name='dualedge2']
Favorite parts of the DLC:

- Y-you used me as bait?! - This so fit my Renegade playthough, lol.

- Wrex's entrance to this DLC, badass. If it's not Wrex Vega appears (Wrex wasn't around on my Renegade playthrough).

- I SHOULD go. I should GO. *I* should go. -I don't have time for this haha.

- Bouncer Grunt holds the line ("No! See? It's fun") - When he goes NO! and shakes his head, I squealed like a school girl in delight.

- Calibrations ("I should stop saying that. I'll stop saying that as long as Liara stops saying "by the goddess") - By the goddess, the way Brandon Keener said this, left me in stitches.

- "Your dancing..." ("...closely resembles Shepard's") "Hey, low blow"

- Jack dancing the Asari dance from Chora's Den.

- "We've had a great ride." ("The best")

I have more. That's just all I can remember at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, also added a few.

Yeah I got a little teary-eyed at the end.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I have a lot of respect for any dude admitting that some space dust *may* have gotten in there eye. I've been on "bitch watch" since starring this DLC, just waiting for the moment where I'll start sobbing like a bitch. So far all I've had are laughs but I suspect the emotions to be heavy by the end. :)

yeah the "I wanted to go" lines were funny. Kaiden said "I never get picked" and I LOL'd"
[/QUOTE]

Bitch Watch lol, that's great Chubs. I'm telling ya, if they would have marketed this DLC as, "Some side mission stuff with some lore expanding moments...fuck it, you get all your squad together, get em drunk as fuck, and we had the writers knock out every one liner and poking fun of moments we could muster to give you guys a high five, good game, and honestly felt like that last line was written more so for the dev team than us, although it had a great impact the way Meer delivered. To punch a hole in my man card, when i saw the "Return to Normandy" pop up, I honestly ran around each area and person several times to make sure I didn't miss anything, overlook a conversation, or get a last chance to see them before heading out. This is the power of this game to me, and as many know, has an unbelievable hold on me and spot as part of the greatest narrative of any medium I have experienced.

Some more moments.

Kasumi going through your underwear drawer. The data disc next to the bed with Mordin songs and stand up. Thane's memorial. Zaeed hitting on Samara. Wrex, Zaeed, and Garrus playing SWAT team in the living room. the "I should Go." from the clone and that look of "YAHZTI fuckER!" he gives Shep. Glyphs Bow Tie. Grunt in the shower for like 50 different lines, many from movies. Actually doing 186 pull ups to beat Vegas record.. anyone else do it? That should have been an achievement. Garrus, "Has Liara always been that... Blue?"

Honestly there are more this thing was so stuffed with goodness. So now, I think we need to get a Gold running group together and work to more platinum, playing with randoms has improved but man there are still some pretty horrible folks out there. We will call it Bitch Watch.

[quote name='Freemason']
Some more moments.

Actually doing 186 pull ups to beat Vegas record.. anyone else do it? That should have been an achievement.
[/QUOTE]
Yes (because I didn't do it with my Paragon MaleShep), and oh god yes. Lol soooo with my 5.1 surround sound, my neighbors were probably wondering what all those female grunts were hahaha.
I also hooked up with
Javik unexpectedly as previously Vega wanted dibs but I said I was just teasing and "it's my job to keep you on your toes" lol.

Really though I felt a little disappointing with the romance scenes in this DLC. So you just wake up from a night of well we probably had sex. Shit, Cable TV is more provocative -damn you FOX News. Ha speaking of that I saw the Consort at the Casino my 2nd playthrough.

Oh and is anyone else sick of seeing the animation where the character's face goes inside of itself in shock?

[quote name='Freemason']So now, I think we need to get a Gold running group together and work to more platinum, playing with randoms has improved but man there are still some pretty horrible folks out there. We will call it Bitch Watch.[/QUOTE]

Definitely! Simosaurus and I have a regularly standing nerd night on Friday and the CAG crew is welcome to join us and our buddy Solomsr. Spy's been joining us and we've had some great fun. Mostly golds now but we're starting to dip into platinum a bit. The fight may be finishing, but there are still bitches to shoot in the face! For Bitch Watch!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Really though I felt a little disappointing with the romance scenes in this DLC. So you just wake up from a night of well we probably had sex. Shit, Cable TV is more provocative -damn you FOX News.[/QUOTE]
I was happy with the Jack content. Both of her meetup scenes were pretty romantic but in totally different ways (emotional and vulnerable in one, killing Cerberus while talking dirty about biotic detonations in the other-- very Jack :lol:). I do agree that after games like The Witcher 2, ME3 comes off as downright prudish in its "sex" scenes. I guess BioWare is still smarting from getting singled out on television after ME1. Waking up in bed with your LI after the party was a nice small touch.

Man, I'm so glad to hear all the love for this DLC here on CAG. I was going a little crazy reading the negative comments on some other sites, and I was wondering how any fan of this series could hate this excellent DLC. There's almost too much content.

[quote name='Freemason'] So now, I think we need to get a Gold running group together and work to more platinum, playing with randoms has improved but man there are still some pretty horrible folks out there. We will call it Bitch Watch.[/QUOTE]

I pug some gold and lots of plat nightly, I love to have more friends to play with.

[quote name='simmias']Man, I'm so glad to hear all the love for this DLC here on CAG. I was going a little crazy reading the negative comments on some other sites, and I was wondering how any fan of this series could hate this excellent DLC. There's almost too much content.[/QUOTE]I've always relied on the regulars in here to provide opinions on the good or bad of the DLC for ME2 + ME3 and they've never steered me wrong yet. Even if they disagree on their opinion for how it looks compared to other places on the Internet, they say when it's great, good, passable or meh.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Mostly golds now but we're starting to dip into platinum a bit.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I read that as mostly gods now... :D

tumblr_inline_miwp9vxU1k1qz4rgp.gif

[quote name='theredworm']yeah I have my volus vanguard speced for melee damage and put the batarian gauntlets on him, it's amazing[/QUOTE]

I have yet to unlock those gauntlets, but I can't wait to. We should play MP more often, Worm.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I have yet to unlock those gauntlets, but I can't wait to. We should play MP more often, Worm.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually on every night, until my son is born in like 2 weeks :cool:

we'll see how much I'm around then

bread's done
Back