Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't know, where did you read it?[/QUOTE]
BSN. I can't find the thread now for the specifics, but they were saying that the balance changes in the latest patch also applied to the weapons in singleplayer.

[quote name='dualedge2']I don't agree with everything you said, but I do respect your opinion. And that's fine. If that's what you believe, I won't try to change it.

Also, my favorite tracks from Citadel OST were The End & Farewell and Into the Inevitable.[/QUOTE]

And thank you sir for respecting it. I have played this so many times, and it may in fact just be my interpretation of her character through MY eyes, but she just spoke to me as going above and beyond to the point where her presence was generously missed throughout the entire ME2, until LotSB came out. Her actions and depth to what she did for him because of those feelings was bar none. The others never carried that weight with me, or felt more than a romance/fling. Tali idolizes Shepard as her White Knight, the ugly girl who got a rockstars attention, it feels more flight of fancy and star crush. Jack uses aggression as expression for the feelings, but always came across to me as more of an open lust over love. Miranda has passion toward Shepard in a way of being someone that can match her level, a mutually compatible and worthy mate. Ashley (other than the last game events which I have yet to finish with her) always seemed to WANT to be loved, but was too hung up on herself to open up or be IN love but rather in love with the idea of being so.

MP side, i am glad they gave the Talon some love, fixed the Hex Shield and hope that pertains to Scions not just Primes, and am sad all the promo weapons got added to the UR's as now the pool to get unlocks on stuff is nuuuuuuuts.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What's this I read about the singleplayer versions of the weapons being rebalanced to match the multiplayer versions?[/QUOTE]

I'm taking my 360 offline if this is true. Because that is THE SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE I've ever seen from ANY developer.

If true.

^I'm outta the loop, would this make the SP weapons stronger? I could only get my weapons to level 5 on my insanity playthrough, but that was plenty.

[quote name='dualedge2']I'm taking my 360 offline if this is true. Because that is THE SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE I've ever seen from ANY developer.

If true.[/QUOTE]

You do know most weapons have been buffed only a couple have been nerfed badly.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']It would be nice if they increased the UR drop rate in the packs now. I have a lot of weapons to unlock now.[/QUOTE]

84 more ur cards to unlock.

[quote name='theredworm']You do know most weapons have been buffed only a couple have been nerfed badly.[/QUOTE]

I'm of the belief that MP and SP should be kept separate. In all situations. Regardless of buffs or nerfs in one or the other.

You can see it as a good thing and that's fine. I don't really care because it's beside the point.

Ok guys, I'm torn. Need some opinions.

So far I have only managed one playthrough of ME3 as an engineer before becoming hooked on the multiplayer and devoting most of my gaming time to it. I'm finally to the point where I think I want to step back from it for a while. I'm currently playing through ME1 again as an adept because I still haven't hit lvl 60 in it. I want to take that character all the way through the trilogy, but having not done an insanity run on ME3 yet would it be wiser to just continue with my engineer since I will be able to level weapons past 5 and already have good gear? I have pretty limited gaming time so it will most likely take me several months to complete all 3 games again. I have played quite a bit of multi (mainly silver with the occasional gold) so do you think I will be ok on insanity with a fresh profile? Thanks for the input.

You're going to have a big advantage with an ME3-import character who's able to upgrade weapons to X. That said, the game's not super difficult compared to ME2, so it's not like you absolutely need every advantage possible. I'd say make the decision based on which class suits your play style the best.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You're going to have a big advantage with an ME3-import character who's able to upgrade weapons to X. That said, the game's not super difficult compared to ME2, so it's not like you absolutely need every advantage possible. I'd say make the decision based on which class suits your play style the best.[/QUOTE]

THIS.

If you want to do it just for the run, use your buffed dude. If you want it for a full actual playthrough, story and all to just accomplish it, use whatever you wanna run with.

PS, finally got my mic cords from Turtle Beach (bought a spare this time) so i am back in the chat box again.

Thanks guys. Guess I will have to see how confident I am feeling in my combat ability by then. Going from ME3 - ME1 is a HUGE adjustment in combat flow. The cover system in 1 is very hit or miss. I got one hit killed by the first geth rocket drone on Eden Prime lol. I imagine it will be an adjustment going back the other way as well. Hopefully playing through 2 in the middle will give me time to get used to it.

If I do a new game plus (once I finally breakdown and buy Omega) with my FemShep will it pull all the choices she did in the first two games as before?

[quote name='MSUHitman']If I do a new game plus (once I finally breakdown and buy Omega) with my FemShep will it pull all the choices she did in the first two games as before?[/QUOTE]

As far as i am aware yes, i am looking to work through Omega tonight or tomorrow (not tomorrow night though as it is DUDEBRO MASS EFFECT MEGA FORCE NIGHT!!!!.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Since it's Pi day, (3-14), Amazon has a bunch of mp3 albums below that price. Pick up ME3 Extended Cut OST for 2.99 here.
Sam Hulick really knows how to tug at your heartstrings.[/QUOTE]That reminds me, I need to convert the WAV files in the freely-released version of ME3 EC OST they had when it came out into MP3s.

[quote name='shrike4242']That reminds me, I need to convert the WAV files in the freely-released version of ME3 EC OST they had when it came out into MP3s.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in those MP3s if you don't mind uploading them somewhere.

[quote name='Arikado']I would be interested in those MP3s if you don't mind uploading them somewhere.[/QUOTE]I will be happy to get that taken care of when I get a chance to get them converted.

Same for the Citadel soundtrack as well, if they're WAV files.

[quote name='shrike4242']I will be happy to get that taken care of when I get a chance to get them converted.

Same for the Citadel soundtrack as well, if they're WAV files.[/QUOTE]

They are. Thanks in advance! The officially released tracks will hold me over for a while. I'm waiting for this guy to sort through all of the Citadel tracks and mix them into a longer score. He's done it for all three games, so hopefully he knocks Citadel out, too.

mako-28779.gif

[quote name='Spybreak8']Since it's Pi day, (3-14), Amazon has a bunch of mp3 albums below that price. Pick up ME3 Extended Cut OST for 2.99 here.
Sam Hulick really knows how to tug at your heartstrings.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had looked at BSN become I clicked the link as the Extended Cut soundtrack is still free to download through BSN. Gave up $3 I didn't have to. :(

The free version is the exact same as the $3 Amazon one, just double checked it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Mass Effect voice actors Troy Baker, Jennifer Hale, Kimberly Brooks, and Keith Szarabajka are in BioShock Infinite.[/QUOTE]

I saw Troy, really what game isn't he in lol, and Courtnee in a behind the scenes where Levine had them really emotionally invested in a conversation - quality voice acting- but yeah didn't know about the others.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I saw Troy, really what game isn't he in lol[/QUOTE]
Baker is always welcome in any game as far as I'm concerned; he always does an excellent job. I first heard him as Yuri in Tales of Vesperia. It's too bad his Mass Effect role happened to be one of the silliest and least-liked characters in the whole franchise. :lol: He is rapidly becoming the next Nolan North/Steve Blum though where he seems to be in literally everything. :lol:

Also on the VA tip, the two female leads in Fuse are played by Jennifer Hale and Ali Hillis. Going to be tough for me not to imagine them as lesbian lovers since I always pair up fem Shepard with Liara. :cool:

[quote name='Indignate']Needs more Laura Bailey.[/QUOTE]
Scroll down, she was on there. :lol: Just not as a main character.

Really hoping she returns for Saints Row IV, my Boss just won't be the same without her performance.

[She plays Oriana Lawson in ME3 btw]

That's a darn good voice cast. Infinite and Tomb Raider might be the first games to pull me away from ME3 (that aren't ME2).

Also, Jennifer Hale was in Wreck It Ralph, but I couldn't place which character. It wasn't a main character, as far as I know.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Baker is always welcome in any game as far as I'm concerned; he always does an excellent job. I first heard him as Yuri in Tales of Vesperia. It's too bad his Mass Effect role happened to be one of the silliest and least-liked characters in the whole franchise. :lol: He is rapidly becoming the next Nolan North/Steve Blum though where he seems to be in literally everything. :lol:

Also on the VA tip, the two female leads in Fuse are played by Jennifer Hale and Ali Hillis. Going to be tough for me not to imagine them as lesbian lovers since I always pair up fem Shepard with Liara. :cool:[/QUOTE]

God dammit now I have to buy Fuse.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']That's a darn good voice cast. Infinite and Tomb Raider might be the first games to pull me away from ME3 (that aren't ME2).

Also, Jennifer Hale was in Wreck It Ralph, but I couldn't place which character. It wasn't a main character, as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she was one of the townsfolk.

The entire time I watched that movie I was thinking, "get this comedy actress back on the Glee/Apatow set she came from and let Hale have the lead Marine role."

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah she was one of the townsfolk.

The entire time I watched that movie I was thinking, "get this comedy actress back on the Glee/Apatow set she came from and let Hale have the lead Marine role."[/QUOTE]

That would have been pretty badass. I'm not a Jane Lynch fan and that character got on my nerves just because of the voice. Everything about her is pushed and fake. Awesome movie, though. Lots of gaming in-jokes, Zangief's great monologue and a cool Skrillex cameo.

[quote name='MSUHitman']God dammit now I have to buy Fuse.[/QUOTE]
I know right. I think Hale is using her English accent aka Bastila Shan voice. Maybe that makes it even more desirable. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']The entire time I watched that movie I was thinking, "get this comedy actress back on the Glee/Apatow set she came from and let Hale have the lead Marine role."[/QUOTE]
The armor was already extremely N7-esque. Put Hale in the role and change her hair to red and she could have just been Commander Shepard straight out. :lol:

wreck-it-ralph-002.jpg

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']That would have been pretty badass. I'm not a Jane Lynch fan and that character got on my nerves just because of the voice. Everything about her is pushed and fake. [/QUOTE]

No offense, but if that's what you think, then you missed the point of her character. And the joke. :applause:

I get that the character is supposed to be over the top, but EVERY character that Lynch does is the exact same. It just gets on my nerves....except in Best in Show. Great movie.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I get that the character is supposed to be over the top, but EVERY character that Lynch does is the exact same. It just gets on my nerves....except in Best in Show. Great movie.[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying about Lynch, and I'm not really a fan of her or anything, but you can't really compare Lynch to Hale. Lynch is an actual actor, and a voice is part of that (and I thought she did an OK job in Ralph). As for Hale, she is a voice actress, and even though she's been in everything, she has nothing on Lynch. I'll take an actor over a voice actor any day of the week in an animated film. What Hale does is OK for video games, but I don't think she or any other professional VA wouldn't make it in a large role in any Pixar, Dreamworks, etc type of movie. It's also about that name on dat movie poster. The majority of movie goers would likely find more solace in "Lynch" than "Hale" on the poster and credits. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Hale, so there is that. She's OK, but with the amount of praise she gets, you'd think she is the Queen of Voice Acting.

Also, if you haven't seen Party Down, Lynch is pretty funny in it. But you should watch Party Down because it's awesome

Acting with only your voice vs. acting with your entire presence are two totally different skills. Some people have both skills-- I actually thought Lynch did a fine job in Wreck-It Ralph, and two of my favorite ever voice-only performances are by "actor-actors": Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man and Ellen Degeneres as Dory in Finding Nemo.

But then you have things like Disney's dubs of Miyazaki movies like Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service, where they hired actors based on Hollywood fame rather than actual VA talent or appropriateness for the role. So you've got a lot of good actors who don't know how to give a voice-only performance, and all the roles are either flat and wooden or wildly over-emoted. Versus something like Cowboy Bebop with excellent performances by VA pros like Steve Blum and Wendee Lee.

Some actors have both skills, many only have one or the other. It's all about being appropriate for the role.

To end, here are some of our favorite VAs giving actor-actor performances. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im1428Szuy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QLhoXkmgAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv3pwXkhSrY

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Acting with only your voice vs. acting with your entire presence are two totally different skills. Some people have both skills-- I actually thought Lynch did a fine job in Wreck-It Ralph, and two of my favorite ever voice-only performances are by "actor-actors": Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man and Ellen Degeneres as Dory in Finding Nemo.

But then you have things like Disney's dubs of Miyazaki movies like Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service, where they hired actors based on Hollywood fame rather than actual VA talent or appropriateness for the role. So you've got a lot of good actors who don't know how to give a voice-only performance, and all the roles are either flat and wooden or wildly over-emoted. Versus something like Cowboy Bebop with excellent performances by VA pros like Steve Blum and Wendee Lee.

Some actors have both skills, many only have one or the other. It's all about being appropriate for the role.

[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed the English voice work on Kiki's, but that could be just because I love the film. And really, that argument gets into English VS Japanese voices, since the film is intended to be heard in Japanese. And some of the English voice work on Miyazaki films are amazing. Nausicaa and Howl's, most notably.

To go along with Sheen as the illusive man, I loved Carrie Anne Moss as Aria.

Yeah, I do like the dub for Nausicaa. Kiki's is one of my very favorite films, and the dub isn't all-around terrible, but Phil Hartman does almost single-handedly ruin it with a tone-deaf and completely inappropriate performance as Jiji-- not even his fault really, more the fault of whatever writer decided to turn Jiji into a Disney-style wisecracking sidekick. I have absolutely no problem with dubs if they're well done, I just think the best dubs come from hiring proven VA talent, not just going for recognizable Hollywood names.

Carrie-Anne Moss I actually feel is an example of spending big money for a big-name actress and getting a performance that's perfectly competent, but nothing special or memorable. Any number of no-name VO actresses could have given that performance. Just IMO. Whereas Seth Green and Martin Sheen were money extremely well spent.

Phew. Gold Solo's done. I am a Lone Wolf. Took 12 attempts, but I finally got it done. I know a lot of people can do it, and it's not *that* special. But, I'm proud to have earned the banner. I didn't do the so-called easy mode Krogan Battlemaster w/ Reegar build, I tried it once and just didn't like it at all. I used the Geth Soldier with the Geth Pulse Rifle because I still don't have the Harrier. The key was just to keep away from the Banshee's. Everything else I just burnt. Roasted Ravager = delicious!

bread's done
Back