Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Man, I can imagine. Still a lot of people playing? I think the update with the Volus characters is the last one I checked in for. Kinda want to hop back on for a while before I let my XBL subscription lapse.
We can play together.

It'll be fun.

Pinky Promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know they have a reasonable engine to make it look Mass Effect-y.

I'm more curious to find out what the timeframe will be in comparison to the previous trilogy.  Prequel? Sequel?

I don't think anything regarding timing within the universe was ever mentioned, let alone confirmed.  All we know is that it won't feature Shepard post ME3....then again.....do we even really know that?

I don't think anything regarding timing within the universe was ever mentioned, let alone confirmed. All we know is that it won't feature Shepard post ME3....then again.....do we even really know that?
I'm betting Shepard will only be in it for a cameo or as a hologram mention as a nod to the fans. We saw a Shepard VI in ME3 so that too is also a possibility.

I'm betting Shepard will only be in it for a cameo or as a hologram mention as a nod to the fans. We saw a Shepard VI in ME3 so that too is also a possibility.
That's a really good point and I'd like it if they did something like that. I'm getting real sick of prequels and reboots and would really like it if ME4, or whatever it ends up being called, takes place specifically after the events of ME3. It doesn't have to be immediately after, but I'd like it if it was clearly in a universe that remembers the Reaper threat and the impact is still evident physically or still in the galactic communities psyche. It'd be pretty badass if there was a giant Shepard hologram statue thing in the water on the Presidium.

There's no need for another Mass Effect. The story has already been told. Shouldn't be surprised that another great thing will probably be turned to shit. No matter. They can never take away my memories.

There's no need for another Mass Effect. The story has already been told. Shouldn't be surprised that another great thing will probably be turned to shit. No matter. They can never take away my memories.
Blaspheme! We don't take kindly to words like that around these parts, fella.

it won't be mass effect 4

it'll be mass effect -some random word-

it will also be the reason I'd look at buying a next gen system right now there are no games I'd want

I'd also really like to see something far in the future as opposed to a prequel.  They created such an expansive universe that they don't have to have Reapers and Geth to make it Mass Effect. 

For the heck of it I jumped into a gold match of ME3 MP tonight.  I'll be damned, even though I haven't played in a few months I held my own.  That game is still a lot of fun and I didn't have to wait for the lobby to fill up, which was a nice surprise. 

That's awesome. I've been meaning to try out a few games, but I keep getting sidelined. If you ever see me on Live, shoot me an invite, dude.

Edit:  I'll take a better picture when I get him home, but BAM:

1375744_10100998480259958_612703401_n.jpg

Chubby, need more details! Which class and gun did you use? I played for a few months recently, got my N7 up to 600 ish, but still have trouble clutching gold waves.

Action, that is sweet!

Holy good God, Action, that thing is sick!  Not like "oh, hey, that's neat", I'm talking full on - Hide ya kids, hide ya wife - F'ing SICK!  I wanted that and the 18" Normandy, but couldn't swing it.  With the X1 coming, those are but distant dreams now.  Still, that's a very nice addition to a hardcore ME collection.  How tall is it?    I'll be sure to send ya a note if you're on!

Xtreme.....I went with my old favorite kit of the Turian Ghost.  I was in a sniping mood, so I ran with the Widow X and brought along the Geth Pulse RIfle X for the high rate of fire and low weight to compliment the sniper rifle.  I have a soft spot for the GPR since that's what I used in my solo runs to get the lone wolf banner.  I usually play with the Geth Soldier for 'dat fire, but sometimes I feel like that's almost cheating. 

I popped it in a few nights ago also, went with the ghost with collector smg VI.  I usually rolled harrier VI but I didn't want to feel tied down to ammo boxes.

Still a great, great game.  I started my 3rd playthrough this week and I'm looking forward to replaying all the DLC.  It's been a while since I've played the campaign and I really did forget how perfect this game is. 

N7 Day 2013 Announced!

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/10/24/n7-day-2013-is-coming/

Some various events and what-nots. The two things that interest me the most are gaming with the Dev's (still have one of them on my friends list!) and the sales that day. It would be nice to have some unseen artwork or info on the development, maybe a sneak peak at ME4. We shall see.

Shep-1920x1200-1024x640.jpg

I'll have to get on and play been pugging plats and having a blast again.

Lol ok so I think N7 coming up is getting me pumped again. I have N7 on my phone, happen to have a Mass Effect 3 wallpaper on my laptop at the moment (have a random wallpaper generator program) and I wore my N7 black polo to work today.  :p

Haha I bought the hoodie during winter and now I never use it since I'm in NC right now. My phone charging, got some glare from the flash...:

s9x6.jpg

Lol speaking of hoodies, Bioware is doing a sale on hoodies. They have a noveria edition haha (are all of Bioware's fans in Canada :p).

1382216_541240515951336_444136299_n.jpg

Got my N7 desktop on my PC and tablet.  My N7 shirt is washed and ready to go.  That Noveria hoodie would be awesome for winter, but I'm too cheap.

Now if I can just find some Serrice Ice brandy to help the celebration...

I'll be rockin the N7 hoodie on 11/7.  Probably will wear my N7 shirt under my dress shirt at work and my daughter made me a N7 armor color scheme rainbow loom bracelet because: why not?

That Shepard + team glicee at the biowarestore is pretty nice.  Tempting, but I'm going to pass.  I wonder what will be on sale at the biowarestore that day?

N7 Hoodie and Wallet here.  That Noveria hoodie looks great but I'm too cheap to buy another N7 hoodie right now haha.  Wish theyd bring the polos back though!

I havent played ME3 much at all this year, think its time to rectify that =)

Thanks for the heads up on N7 day Chubby - I hope we get some commemorative MP pack with a harrier and geth soldier in it (if you can't tell what I'm still waiting on).  I played a bunch of MP this year but fell off the past few months - I need to replay the campaign to 100% it.

No N7 gear for me, but I will need to bite on something if it's a good sale.  I really want the N7 glassware or something non-clothing related.  

I did see a guy in LAX about a month ago with his N7 hat on and told him it was a sweet hat.  Good story, huh?

Oh man, I'd be a happy man if they gave out special MP packs on 11/7!  I still need the Cerberus Harrier and Lancer rifles and I'd die a happy man if I could unlock one of those.  Or maybe announce a reduction in pack cost since interest in the game must be on the decline. 

I've received compliments on my N7 hoodie while at target and one time a meter reader guy from the township was out doing his rounds in my neighborhood and saw the N7 logo on my car and started up a conversation about games.  That made me chuckle. 

Alliance Soldiers.  We give a nod to fellow soldiers when we see 'em. 

On the eve of N7 Day, we should reflect on those who sacrificed themselves in the battle against the Old Machines.

Or blow stuff up...who's going to be on for some some MP tomorrow night?

http://kotaku.com/our-first-teasing-glimpses-of-the-next-mass-effect-1460435623

This one says there are 10 pictures out there.

Read that like a hanar.

bread's done
Back