Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Yeah, just saw that.  Part of me feels sad because he was a pretty big player in some pretty monumental games.  At the same time, it's the entire developer not just this one guy who made these games happen.  Plus, from what I've read, I never got the vibe that this was a passion of his.  I mean, what the hell do I know, I don't know the guy.  But, hey, best of luck to him and thanks for the fantastic experiences!!

Interesting news, he might have got a lot of flak for his executive decisions with the ending of Mass Effect 3 & the series.
He was the public face of the ME series with a lot of the press, so it wouldn't shock me if he took the bullet for the company when ME3's decision trees didn't end up where they though it would end up.

Makes me wonder if we'll get what they intended with ME3's possibilities for endgame options in DA: I though in a much more realistic way.

Casey did talk up the product pretty well if it wasn't his passion within the company. Makes me wonder where he's going to end up.

I hope the disappointment over ME3's ending doesn't follow this guy around forever. I mean he screwed up but he's also one of the main people responsible for the entire series and how great it is.

I'm still meeting people that have not played the series or know anything of Mass Effect. I'm like, stop what you're doing in life and play it now!

Yeah, me too. I met a director where I work, a Brazilian guy on an international assignment, who is real cool. A bit older than me but into sci fi and fantasy and regularly quotes comics at work. He's a bit of a gamer and ME would be right up his alley, so I'm trying to get him into it.

Plus, I had an N7 decal on my work laptop and people would regularly ask me what that was about, so I'd explain. That or I usually have a video game related wallpaper on my laptop, then when I'm projecting in meetings they ask which game that's from. Gamer first, professional second. ;)

Got it into my head to try an ME2 Insanity run on PS3. I have a Dual Shock 4 for the PS3 now so that should make it bearable. If I stick with it, Mass Effect 2 will be my first and only Platinum.

Got it into my head to try an ME2 Insanity run on PS3. I have a Dual Shock 4 for the PS3 now so that should make it bearable. If I stick with it, Mass Effect 2 will be my first and only Platinum.
87512-you-can-do-it-gif-Rob-Schneide-c2WR.gif

Haha, nice. I've had a 360 since 2008 and to date, Mass Effect 2 is the only game I have all achievements for.

Freedom's Progress down. If I can make it past Mordin and Garrus' recruitments, it's all downhill from there. Except for Horizon... and the suicide mission.

For me, Freedom's Progress was BY FAR the hardest part of the insanity run in ME2.  Not sure why, those mechs and robo dogs just whooped my ass over and over.  Even Horizon wasn't that bad once you got into the groove of it. 

Yeah, I feel like that very first encounter in Freedom's Progress, with like two (three?) dogs running at you in very close quarters, and you with your piddly starter weapons and no upgrades, is one of the hardest single encounters in the game. At least until you realize that you can back out into the larger room you came from and retreat to much better cover position.

Running a soldier and I cruised through Mordin's recruitment, so I'm feeling good so far. The Mantis in Adrenaline rush will mostly, but not always, kill a common enemy with one headshot. But it's awfully hard to keep ammo in it. Have to keep falling back to that terrible M-8 Avenger. I thought I remembered the PS3 version coming with the Mattock included, but I guess it's extra. :( I took Slam as a bonus power as a change of pace since I almost always take Warp Ammo or AP Ammo in ME2, but Soldier already has so many ammo powers.

Will probably do Zaeed's loyalty mission next, then head back to Omega for Garrus.

When I did my ME2 Insanity run, I only remember the Collector ship being a challenge.  Freedom's Progress and Horizon werent too bad for me.  ME3 though, I struggled big-time with the Grissom Academy mission.

Haha, nice. I've had a 360 since 2008 and to date, Mass Effect 2 is the only game I have all achievements for.
ME2 and ME3 for me also. Had a couple others before DLC releases, but Mass Effect is pretty much the only series where I feel like I would really be missing something important by skipping the DLC. I know I'm in the majority, but I found ME3 insanity to be much tougher than ME2. Could be because I was running soldier with mattock for ME2, or that I forced myself to do a complete run of ME3 DLC for my insanity run. The spectre level challenge in the Citadel DLC was totally the hardest part of that run. And the damn Kai Leng fight at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casey Hudson has left Bioware.
He didn't just leave. The details just got leaked.

Apparently the boss of Bioware had his little kid fire him. Casey was taken by the little boy to a room with three doors that each lead out of the room, and told to pick the right choice. Except for it was a trick; each door lead to a hallway with a sign outside saying "You're fired." The only difference was the color marker and glitter on the signs; left door was blue, middle door was green, and the right door was red.

Disappointing ending to a career of important choices.

He didn't just leave. The details just got leaked.

Apparently the boss of Bioware had his little kid fire him. Casey was taken by the little boy to a room with three doors that each lead out of the room, and told to pick the right choice. Except for it was a trick; each door lead to a hallway with a sign outside saying "You're fired." The only difference was the color marker and glitter on the signs; left door was blue, middle door was green, and the right door was red.

Disappointing ending to a career of important choices.
That is absolutely hilarious. Bravo.

Just picked up Jack and heard the words I've been dreading... "The Illusive Man wishes to speak with you in the debriefing room Commander." :lol:

I started Mass Effect in 2008 and finished it in 2012. Beat the 2nd one and all the DLC. I got at least halfway through Mass Effect 3 and never finished it. This thread has inspired me to do so. However, it will have to wait a while. Destiny is upon us.

I was just at a job fair today and haha one time I said thanks for talking with me to one of the vendors I thought in my head, "I should go."

:p

I started Mass Effect in 2008 and finished it in 2012. Beat the 2nd one and all the DLC. I got at least halfway through Mass Effect 3 and never finished it. This thread has inspired me to do so. However, it will have to wait a while. Destiny is upon us.
Dude, you have to go back eventually and finish ME3 along with its DLC. Just forget anything you've heard and play it, then make your own judgement.

Dude, you have to go back eventually and finish ME3 along with its DLC. Just forget anything you've heard and play it, then make your own judgement.

I liked the game a lot and still have avoided spoilers. I just have issues where I play the shit out of one or two games and then something new comes out, and I abandon the old game(s). It bugs me, but that's just how I am. I rarely ever get rid of games, though, so I still have ME3 on my shelf.

thanks in advance.

can anyone point me to a solid insanity walkthrough for me3. my last two achievements will be completed with an insanity playthrough. I never attempted on the first two entries. with work, and new(ish) baby, time is limited. that said I have not been able to stop playing this game. I avoided the multiplayer for so long (figured I would be horrible, thought it would be more emphasis on gunplay...silly me), but grew to really enjoy it recently. I just feel like I owe it to myself to knock everything out in this game.

the mp co-op in me3 might've been my favorite multiplayer experience on xbox 360
In a way, I think it might have killed some of the replayability of the ME3 campaign for me. Part of the reason why I played ME2 4 times (aside from the awesome plot, awesome characters, awesome gameplay, awesome everything), was because I just wanted to play more Mass Effect, but with ME3's co-op, I spent a lot of time getting more ME that way. Also the whole "mystery box" element sucked me in. That was my favorite thing about Zombie mode in Call of Duty honestly.

Mass Effect 3: An End, Once and For All (Violin/P…: http://youtu.be/zVLWyt66Yj4

In case anyone wants some nostalgia.

Best served with headphones.

There's some new ME merch at the biowarestore including a jacket and a calendar for 2015.  But, here's what I found interesting, the write-up on the calendar:

"Mass Effect is an award-winning, best-selling series of science fiction role playing games developed by the Canadian company BioWare. With 4 books and 5 comics in publication and both a film and anime adaptation in the works, Mass Effect has mass appeal. Sellers is proud to offer the Mass Effect 3 16-month calendar."

http://www.biowarestore.com/me3-201...ob28uY29t&utm_source=20140916biowme2in1jacket

We haven't heard jack squat about the movie for years and they mention *another* anime in the works.  I wonder if it's legit? 

In a rare serendipitous occurrence for yours truly, I just happened to receive a $15 Best Buy rewards certificate over the weekend. The only Mass Effect DLC I was missing was Citadel and Omega. So I picked up a $15 XBL currency card and my collection is complete! Still need to finish the last 1/3 of ME3's campaign with my Paragon Vanguard FemShep.

So I read today that EA's license for Unreal Engine has expired and not been renewed. Meaning a next-gen remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy is now MUCH less likely, since they'd need to port the games to Frostbite. Or, I guess, if/when re-releases do happen, they will necessarily be ground-up remakes rather than quick spruce-up jobs.

Hey, I figured you guys would know this so thanks in advance. Can the DLC be played immediately or fairly soon independent of story progress?

I lost my ME3 save file in a tragic hard drive crash a couple years ago so I've always been too mad to even think about the DLC. But I'm tempted now.

Could I import my ME2 character and just go right to the DLC worlds? Or at least not have to play for too long to get the ability to travel there?

Hey, I figured you guys would know this so thanks in advance. Can the DLC be played immediately or fairly soon independent of story progress?

I lost my ME3 save file in a tragic hard drive crash a couple years ago so I've always been too mad to even think about the DLC. But I'm tempted now.

Could I import my ME2 character and just go right to the DLC worlds? Or at least not have to play for too long to get the ability to travel there?
pretty sure you can do From Ashes and Omega early on in the story, Leviathan and Citadel take place later.

I said I wouldn't let this thread die and I wasn't fuck ing kidding! 

N7 Day is almost upon us!  The Biowarestore has started the celebration with an exclusive N7 T-shirt on sale this week only.  It's pretty slick and only $21 shipped. 

bread's done
Back