Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I usually do a couple of gold runs every night at about 1-2 AM EST with friends, there are usually three of us and we run through with a random sometimes if you want to join. I warn you though, there will be consistent yelling in your ears but only because there's ALOT going on and we are very efficient at watching each other's backs ;)

And yea Stabby/Lord_Kefka good playing with ya, I was going to ask if you wanted to try a silver run but I ended up having to go haha

Oh man, big mistake... I just remembered that Mass Effect 2 is so much fun. I started it the other day for no reason and now I may be hooked (again). I'm playing as a female Renegade this time (I played a male Paragon last time). Ugh. So much to do... so little time...

[quote name='Javery']Oh man, big mistake... I just remembered that Mass Effect 2 is so much fun. I started it the other day for no reason and now I may be hooked (again). I'm playing as a female Renegade this time (I played a male Paragon last time). Ugh. So much to do... so little time...[/QUOTE]
Right there with you

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you read the comments from that story, someone copied a Bioware employee post from BSN that confirmed
the From Ashes DLC is the one included in the CE.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I still probably won't get it, as amazon is out of CE's, and I get a $10 credit from amazon for preordering there, so that pretty much pays for it anyway.

For one reason or another I haven't really been bothered enough by any of the day one dlc/project ten dollar stuff until that From Ashes stuff was revealed to be part of the CE. I don't buy CEs unless they're cheap, which usually happens a few months after the release of a game. I would have been ok if it was included with all new copies, regardless of the version but for now I cancelled my Amazon regular edition pre-order and will just wait for all the DLC to be released. Then I'll wait for a DLC sale on XBL and

just ran my Human Soldier with just a modded Carnifex, cryo rounds, and fully updated Concussive blast that i can fire every 1.5 seconds lol... wow thats soooo OP. I hit over 100 kills and just spammed it all day long.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone try to preorder one of those Razer products? IPhone case is sold out and that's the only one I would want to buy.[/QUOTE]

it curently shows in stock. i got teh Onza 360 controller to add to my collection and for the collector rifle DLC

[quote name='100xp']holy crap. just unlocked the asari adept...statis bubble is retarded.[/QUOTE]

lol i haven't been fanboying about it for nothing. it's possible to do gold without it, but seriously..

[quote name='100xp']holy crap. just unlocked the asari adept...statis bubble is retarded.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting BioWare to give Phantoms armor in the retail version just to troll us.

[quote name='Magus8472']I'm expecting BioWare to give Phantoms armor in the retail version just to troll us.[/QUOTE]

i don't understand how that's a troll?

[quote name='Freemason']it curently shows in stock. i got teh Onza 360 controller to add to my collection and for the collector rifle DLC[/QUOTE]

When I go to store.razerzone.com EVERYTHING shows as unavailable and click the button to be notified when back in stock.

I'm tempted to get the controller but not sure if I would like it. I would like to hold off for reviews but then I would not get the preorder bonus.

[quote name='MSUHitman']When I go to store.razerzone.com EVERYTHING shows as unavailable and click the button to be notified when back in stock.[/QUOTE]

becasue its still a preorder item, order through the bioware store, whenever they run out of preorder quantities, they will update their inventory page as out of stock and then you will not get any. just like the Liara statues, they sold out in preorder before even being technically available.

[quote name='Magus8472']I'm expecting BioWare to give Phantoms armor in the retail version just to troll us.[/QUOTE]

Don't give them ideas! lol

[quote name='Sway']For one reason or another I haven't really been bothered enough by any of the day one dlc/project ten dollar stuff until that From Ashes stuff was revealed to be part of the CE. I don't buy CEs unless they're cheap, which usually happens a few months after the release of a game. I would have been ok if it was included with all new copies, regardless of the version but for now I cancelled my Amazon regular edition pre-order and will just wait for all the DLC to be released. Then I'll wait for a DLC sale on XBL and

More details on From Ashes (spoilers, even though this is an official BioWare communication):

As most of you know, yesterday there was a leak that revealed the upcoming DLC “ME3:From Ashes” on the
Xbox LIVE Marketplace. This leak took place before we were prepared to make an announcement about the details of that pack (slated for this Friday).

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- “From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete – and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We’ll be releasing someimages and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Mike

Non spoiler summary:

The "From Ashes" DLC contains a squadmate, a quest, a weapon, and alternate outfits for every squadmate (separate from the CE outfits that have already been shown for Liara and Vega). It comes free with the CE and is 800 MSP otherwise.

The DLC being available to everyone will really drive down the reseller profits on the CE over time. Expect a lot of griping from the CAG reselling community. Lol.

[quote name='HydroX']The DLC being available to everyone will really drive down the reseller profits on the CE over time. Expect a lot of griping from the CAG reselling community. Lol.[/QUOTE]
The extra outfits for Liara and Vega, N7 Arsenal weapons, N7 hoodie, and mech dog are still exclusive to the CE. It's still a lot more substantial than the weapon and armor set that the ME2 CE contained.

Anyone know if Release Day Delivery available to those that pre-ordered the Reapers Collectors Edition from Amazon?

I know they offer it for the standard.

[quote name='KrizB']Anyone know if Release Day Delivery available to those that pre-ordered the Reapers Collectors Edition from Amazon?
[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just in case anyone didn't think the "ME3 in space" promotion was fucking ridiculous enough... now there's this.[/QUOTE]

clicking to sig a digital petition in the UK is far from potentially getting trampled by resellers and fans for a game that will no doubt rock but depreciate in value in 9 months to $19.99 (perhaps longer since there is an addicting MP mode now)

amazons got jokes.

"Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition. We are looking to secure additional allocation from the publisher and will update this page if that occurs. Please note -- if you have already pre-ordered this edition -- do not cancel as you may not be able to re-order."

hillarious. very funny amazon very funny

[quote name='Freemason']becasue its still a preorder item, order through the bioware store, whenever they run out of preorder quantities, they will update their inventory page as out of stock and then you will not get any. just like the Liara statues, they sold out in preorder before even being technically available.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, parish the thought I would go to the manufacturers website instead of the licensee. :) I forget the Bioware store exists because they only have stock for 5 seconds when they put stuff for sale, plus shipping is higher b/c of Canadian factor.

[quote name='giantqtipz']amazons got jokes.

"Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition. We are looking to secure additional allocation from the publisher and will update this page if that occurs. Please note -- if you have already pre-ordered this edition -- do not cancel as you may not be able to re-order."

hillarious. very funny amazon very funny[/QUOTE]

You mad, bro?

[quote name='SteveGo']Did anyone else get a headache trying to read this post?[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is easier to digest for you:
-Project Ten Dollars didn't bother me till ME3
-Is annoyed enough that the version of Project Ten Dollars for ME3 is only for CE users that I cancelled my regular edition
-I wouldn't have felt the same way if every new copy got Project Ten Dollars
-Will wait for ME3 to hit $20 AND DLC to go on sale

Ryu, thanks for the heads up with the avatar shirt. Got it!

Anexanhume, sorry I couldn't respond to you last night. You sent the game request right when my "one last round" finished. It was past midnight local time and I had work in the morning.

Played some good rounds with randoms, still on bronze. I have each class into double-digits now. My highest ones are the lvl 18 Soldier and I think my Sentinel is at 13. I may use the engineer more for now until I unlock the last three races. Still need an Asari, Salarian and Drell. Went through 3 or 4 veteran packs last night and got nada. The damn Viper Sniper Rifle is way up there, but I can't get good shotgun upgrades to save my life.

Really enjoying this MP more than I thought I would. Good teamwork really shines and the random pack draws adds that compulsive play another edge.

[quote name='Sway']Maybe this is easier to digest for you:
-Is annoyed enough that the version of Project Ten Dollars for ME3 is only for CE users that I cancelled my regular edition
-Will wait for ME3 to hit $20 AND DLC to go on sale[/QUOTE]

it's like a really good book, you can buy it on release day or a year from now for a fraction of the price...it'll still be a good book if you like this type of story.

I don't see a problem with waiting, my buddy is also not getting ME3 due to the same principles. though his words were more colorful about day one DLC.

I loved skyrim, but I traded it in towards ME3 even though I haven't finished it...but I put in 100+ hours into and when it drops to $9.99 i'll pick it up again or borrow it from someone who has it. Great story, the journey was all I needed and wanted at the time.

[quote name='Sway']Maybe this is easier to digest for you:
-Will wait for ME3 to hit $20 AND DLC to go on sale[/QUOTE]

Project $10 is technically the online pass for the MP. This is the same as Sebastian being free w/signature edition of DA 2 or sold separately for $7, and I didn't hear as much uproar about that on CAG.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Project $10 is technically the online pass for the MP. This is the same as Sebastian being free w/signature edition of DA 2 or sold separately for $7, and I didn't hear as much uproar about that on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Valid point. I'll concede that the Project Ten Dollars for ME3 is the multiplayer online pass and that everyone who purchases the game new gets it. But I still dislike that this is so similar to Zaeed that is now only regulated to new CE purchasers (and sold separately).

[quote name='MSUHitman']Project $10 is technically the online pass for the MP. This is the same as Sebastian being free w/signature edition of DA 2 or sold separately for $7, and I didn't hear as much uproar about that on CAG.[/QUOTE]

This is different though. Sebastian was in every pre-order because they were all signature editions. What Bioware has done this time is restrict free day 1 DLC to people who pre-ordered the collector's edition, and they didn't announce this until all CE were sold out.

In other words, they've never done day 1 DLC that wasn't free to people who at least pre-ordered.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Anexanhume, sorry I couldn't respond to you last night. You sent the game request right when my "one last round" finished. It was past midnight local time and I had work in the morning. [/QUOTE]

No worries. I was actually trying to do silver runs with randoms and they were turning out horribly because people kept dropping or were just terrible. Instead I've just been doing bronze runs with less than 4 people. Consistently getting the 75 kills bonus and switching my weapons out to maximize the bonuses. My krogan basically can't be taken down on bronze at this point unless I do something stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Anexanhume']This is different though. Sebastian was in every pre-order because they were all signature editions. What Bioware has done this time is restrict free day 1 DLC to people who pre-ordered the collector's edition, and they didn't announce this until all CE were sold out.

In other words, they've never done day 1 DLC that wasn't free to people who at least pre-ordered.

No worries. I was actually trying to do silver runs with randoms and they were turning out horribly because people kept dropping or were just terrible. Instead I've just been doing bronze runs with less than 4 people. Consistently getting the 75 kills bonus and switching my weapons out to maximize the bonuses. My krogan basically can't be taken down on bronze at this point unless I do something stupid.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they "run out" of signature editions too? I preordered late and ended up with the vanilla, which I returned and repurchased from an EA Flash Deal later on.

And feel free to switch to silver whenever I join your game ;)

[quote name='gotdott']Didn't they "run out" of signature editions too? I preordered late and ended up with the vanilla, which I returned and repurchased from an EA Flash Deal later on.

And feel free to switch to silver whenever I join your game ;)[/QUOTE]

I can't double quote from phone but yes the Sig. Edition of DA 2 ha to be ordered before mid-Jan. last year, which is about when the CE of ME 3 sold out.

It has been known for months the CE came with an extra character/missions, so would you rather it not be available at all separately? Would you want people paying tens of $ on EBay for this extra character like is done for stuff from Halo/CoD?

I understand waiting for price drops on many games, but I just don't understand the opinion of the CAG userbase that is so up in arms over this. I guess I have blinders on for Bethesda/Bioware games.

[quote name='gotdott']Didn't they "run out" of signature editions too? I preordered late and ended up with the vanilla, which I returned and repurchased from an EA Flash Deal later on.[/quote]

Yes. However, for this one, I can't for the life of me can't figure out why they wouldn't make enough CEs to meet pre-order demand. Oh, you want to give us $80? No thanks, we'll take 60 instead.

And feel free to switch to silver whenever I join your game ;)

Heh, I saw you randomly join my game and I thought "he's going to be so bored on bronze." I consider myself decent, but you and your friends are something else. All those phantoms on gold and not a single 1 reached us in that hall. :lol:

Is it wrong for Bioware to want their
CE to keep their value instead of rotting on shelves for a year like 90% of other CE?

It's great for me I was able to sell my ME 1 CE for $170 on Amazon to help pay for a plane ticket to PAX Prime.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do we really think they won't meet demand for these CEs... or release more a few weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

it's possible due to ppl preordering multiple copies of a CE then canceling one or two is putting a crimp in their marketing strategy...I also don't think it's bioware so much as EA.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
Guess I better contact Amazon Customer Service again.

Some reason there is a problem with my account they can't seem to fix.
Doesn't show the RDD option when I place orders and when it does, it won't take any of my addresses.

Each time they apologize and offer free next day delivery, so thats cool with me.
Just hope they don't take a peek at my order history and see how many times it's happened then think I'm trying to scam them.

Update to the ME2 paragon/renegade check discussion a few pages back...

I guess the PS3 version did account for not being able to get a bonus from an ME1 save, as I was able to paragon check to resolve both the Miranda/Jack fight and the Tali/Legion fight. Did the first last pre-IFF mission (saved Jack's loyalty meeting for last) so I had a full paragon meter by that point.

[quote name='100xp']how long does the ME2 campaign take to finish with all the upgrades? just the main storyline w/out the DLC.[/QUOTE]
20-25 hours maybe, if you're not rushing.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']20-25 hours maybe, if you're not rushing.[/QUOTE]

funny...i was going to say, "Ryuu" how long does ME2 take w/out doing the DLC?

bread's done
Back