Mass Effect Limited Edition available - online only!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I know several people have been waiting for the rumored Mass Effect Limited Edition. EBgames/Gamestop now have the game available for pre-order for $69.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200404

Apparently the Limited Edition will only be available online... Please pardon if old :)

Edit: Coupon code GTZ10 works to get 10% off your order! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Now also available from Amazon for $69.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000XJJRTI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

10/25 - Apparently the GTZ10 code for EBgames/gamestop no longer works due to the inclusion of a free bonus disc :( SAVER is the free shipping code, however.

Also, EBgames is offering free 2-day shipping right now using coupon code: EFFECT or USA 2-DAY. Probably just a twenty-four hour deal.

11/21 - Edited title for those who care :)

It's Pretty lame when EB and GS has the best deal with 10% OFF, but still have Shipping & Tax though.

It's Rare for me to see EB/GS has the best deal it must be Snowing in Florida!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." too, but...

Where would I contact them and ask for a shipping upgrade? Currently it's 2-Day w/ Prime, and it looks like I'd have to wait the weekend if it doesn't change.[/quote]You'd go into your account, click on the Help in the upper right corner and cycle through your orders until you see the order in question. Once you find the order, click the checkbox next to the item in the order that you're asking about, select the reason for the inquiry, which I think I used "Where's my stuff?", and filled in the info in the box.

When they did it for the AC LE guide, they made a change with the order, though my 5% discount dropped off, which they said they would have to credit back to me on my credit card, which they haven't done yet. This was back on the 15th/16th, so I'm sure it's still in-process.

Thanks for the link misbitski! I nabbed the collector's edition guide pack on Buy.com and signed up for a new Google Checkout account and the total shipped came to $16.62 :D

I love having my own server and being able to add new e-mail addresses whenever I want. lol

Oddly enough, the guide shipped for me, and it's coming 2-day, so it'll be here on Monday.

Guess someone had premature email issues with the backorder notice from this morning. :whistle2:s

Just created a new email so i could get the $10 discount. I also grabbed the Rouge Galaxy guilde while i was at it to get te order over $25. So $24 even for both isnt to shabby considering the ratail price of the collectors edition.

I didn't get a pre-order disc from Amazon, even though I pre-ordered it. :cry: Do you think this is a mistake or was it a BB/GS,etc exclusive?

Oh well, at least I have the game for the holiday weekend.

BTW, I just noticed some knucklehead is now selling the LE version for $250 on Amazon.

[quote name='Justden']I didn't get a pre-order disc from Amazon, even though I pre-ordered it. :cry: Do you think this is a mistake or was it a BB/GS,etc exclusive?

Oh well, at least I have the game for the holiday weekend.

BTW, I just noticed some knucklehead is now selling the LE version for $250 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

It was exclusive to EB/GS and I think Best Buy.

[quote name='Vinny']It was exclusive to EB/GS and I think Best Buy.[/quote]Amazon had it, as well, from what the MS Mass Effect product page said.

I just ordered the ME: LCE at Best Buy (since I wanted to use a GC before I misplace it!) for $66.49, $2.49 S/H, and $5.49 tax for a total of $74.47. I was surprised to see it on sale for less than $69.99, but I can't complain! It's even sweeter since the GC still had $100 on it! Sweeet!!!

I just got a shipping confirmation from Amazon for my LCE. I preordered with standard shipping, so I should get it sometime next week. I went with Amazon since I had $22 GC balance. I'm a bit surprised Amazon staff work on holidays. Oh well, I'm not complaining. ;)

punisher.gif

I ordered the Mass Effect LE from Amazon and got the free two day shipping w/ Prime. Because of the holiday it was supposed to arrive today, but I got it on Wednesday along with Uncharted. It was an awesome surprise from Amazon. Basically I got free over-night shipping from them fro the Mass Effect LE. They did the same thing with my Halo3 LE order back in September.

Hmm, is the bonus DVD exclusive to EBGames/GameStop? I really don't mind paying 3 more dollars for the extra content. If the bonus DVD is NOT exclusive, I will order Mass Effect LE at Bestbuy.com, and save a few bucks...

Is Amazon OOS for this?

Also.. are there any coupons usable on-line with bestbuy.com?

GS = 71
BB = 73
AM = 69 (?)

Also... is Best Buy the one that's offering the additional Bonus (3rd) Disc of content? Or is that included with all retailers. I assume this is a separate item from the sealed LE set included with the shipment?

[quote name='misbitski']Buy.com has the guide for $21.77. If you can find another videogame related item to bring the total to $25, it's free shipping.

http://www.buy.com/prod/mass-effect-prima-official-game-guide/q/loc/106/204198148.html

No picture, but the ISBNs and description match up. I added the novel for about $7.20

http://www.buy.com/prod/mass-effect-1/q/loc/106/202993916.html[/QUOTE]

what great timing. I was just thinking of ordering the book/LE guide when I saw this post. THANKS! New GCO = 18.96 shipped for both book and LE guide. Now back to playing this amazing game (will use guide for second playthrough so I don't miss anything).

Im not sure how it got there, but I saw a Mass Effect LE on sale at a Gamestop yesterday. Only saw it at the one store. The giant case and everything, priced 69.99.

[quote name='AZPunisher']
Also... is Best Buy the one that's offering the additional Bonus (3rd) Disc of content? Or is that included with all retailers. I assume this is a separate item from the sealed LE set included with the shipment?[/quote]

Best Buy has/had it in B&M stores. Eb/GS had it B&M and online. When I ordered it from Amazon there wasn't any mention of it, and it hasn't arrived yet, so I just paid the $5 for it at BB.

just got my LE copy from eb and its crushed. I havn't had a chance to call customer service to see what they are willing to do. If they are out of this game like site says they are what will they do?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']just got my LE copy from eb and its crushed. I havn't had a chance to call customer service to see what they are willing to do. If they are out of this game like site says they are what will they do?[/QUOTE]

Normally if anything is damaged during shipping, they send you a replacement but in cases like this, in which it's sold out and OOP then you'll just return your money.

And that's exactly why I'm praying my copy isn't damaged but I'm guessing it is.

a gamestop store near where I lived actually got a bunch of copies of Mass Effect LE o_O just got them to put one on hold for me until Friday (work at B&N and employee appreciation is this friday, so will grab a copy for 25% off :whistle2:D)

I can also confirm that SOME brick & mortar Gamestop stores DO have the "online only" Mass Effect Limited Edition in stock, and for sale. If you want to find it near you, just use the link below and replace the "XXXXX" with your ZIP code:

http://www. gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=10&sku=200404&zip=XXXXX

It seems that these stores do have them in stock, but you may have to ask them for it.

Good hunting!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']just got my LE copy from eb and its crushed. I havn't had a chance to call customer service to see what they are willing to do. If they are out of this game like site says they are what will they do?[/quote]

I received mine from Gamestop and the corner of the metal box was crushed in as well. I opened it up and everything inside it was fine, however it sucks to have a collectable tin case that's damaged. I haven't called customer service either.

[quote name='62t']I havent open it yet but when I shake it around I can hear something move around. Is this normal?[/quote]

That would be the manual, artbook, and other booklets moving around. Unless I'm reading your question differently.

[quote name='loserboy']Seeing how much this is going for on ebay is really tempting me....oh decisions, decisions...[/quote]

Geez, I'm glad I got my pre-order in early. And Amazon actually shipped mine on time, too. Game arrived in perfect condition.

that just seems odd to me. why didn't people who want the LE just preorder it themselves beforehand? Now they're paying out the rear for it.

I was able to walk into my local GS and pick up a sealed copy. The inventory search link a few posts above worked well. Might want to update the thread title to reflect that it is available at some B&M locations.

I got lucky on my tin and it has no damage, but the cardboard thing that the discs were in is pretty beat up. I'm not sure how that thing an be as messed up as it is without hurting the tin too. It's odd.

I picked mine up on launch day in San Diego. The EB Games in the UTC center accidentally got about 6 copies. Beats waiting for Amazon.

I just got mine and it looks like it's in perfect shape.

But Christ was it dusty. Seriously, when I opened the envelope there was a huge puff of dust and was all over me. I use to use two swiffer wipes to clean that shit off. How the hell does something that only came out a week ago get so dusty?

[quote name='Vinny']I just got mine and it looks like it's in perfect shape.

But Christ was it dusty. Seriously, when I opened the envelope there was a huge puff of dust and was all over me. I use to use two swiffer wipes to clean that shit off. How the hell does something that only came out a week ago get so dusty?[/quote]It has to do with the cheap-ass packaging EB/GS used. Apparently someone there thought animal dander would make a great shipping buffer. :roll: The dust was flowing from the envelope when I opened mine.

[quote name='Vader582']It has to do with the cheap-ass packaging EB/GS used. Apparently someone there thought animal dander would make a great shipping buffer. :roll: The dust was flowing from the envelope when I opened mine.[/QUOTE]

I think the dusty copies are from the future when mankind has been all but destroyed and the few survivors sent these unopened copies of the game to the past so they can be enjoyed before we all die.

that or it's anthrax.

Mine finally arrived after some shenanigans with the USPS. Looks like it's OK and didn't get damaged, though I won't know for sure until I get a chance to open it up at home. Even included the pre-order disc I wasn't supposed to get.

I just got mine in the mail from GS. It wasn't crushed or anything but there's definitely a lot of rattling coming from inside the tin. I assume this is just the way stuff is set in there and that's not the disc I'm hearing rattling around? Those of you that have gotten it, does the disc come in another DVD case inside the tin or is that the disc I'm hearing?

I'd open it to find out but I broke down from the wait and picked up the regular version retail so not sure if I'm going to be keeping this one or not.

Got mine UPS from GS. Either the envelope came open in transit, or they stuck the sticky flap to the game instead of the envelope. So it's sitting on my stoop, wide open. Miraculously everything was still inside. But yes, it was quite dusty from that envelope stuffing.

[quote name='jrrab']why does everyone get this from EB why not BestBuy they were even on sale last week for $65.[/quote]

Had a 10% off coupon and didnt have to pay tax. and at the time i ordered amazon didnt have it up.

[quote name='jrrab']why does everyone get this from EB why not BestBuy they were even on sale last week for $65.[/quote]

did the math, even at $65, it's still cheaper from Amazon... since BB got no free shipping and gotta pay taxes...

well, i didn't get one from Amazon (haha, sold out).... Figure from the Halo 3 LE example, i'm waiting :)

[quote name='Vcize']I just got mine in the mail from GS. It wasn't crushed or anything but there's definitely a lot of rattling coming from inside the tin. I assume this is just the way stuff is set in there and that's not the disc I'm hearing rattling around? Those of you that have gotten it, does the disc come in another DVD case inside the tin or is that the disc I'm hearing?

I'd open it to find out but I broke down from the wait and picked up the regular version retail so not sure if I'm going to be keeping this one or not.[/quote]

Yes, there's another dvd case within the tinbox, that's probably what you're hearing rattling around.

bread's done
Back