Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

Anyone notice on the site that they raised the price of the set? Its now $99.99. Now I can understand if the previous price was a promotion, but I'm getting kinda edgy here.

[quote name='Slackerchan']Anyone notice on the site that they raised the price of the set? Its now $99.99. Now I can understand if the previous price was a promotion, but I'm getting kinda edgy here.[/quote]

Even odder is that 1) It still has the message about the actual price being $79.99 and 2) every other store online has it cheaper. It is currently $63.87 at walmart.com (kinda makes me regret paying $79.99 at CC as a just-in-case)

I ordered my set just before 1a.m. I believe on Monday (CST) and so far I actually haven't heard anything from CC other then my sales confirmation and letting me know that it was not yet in stock. That was Monday though and now it's almost a full week later. I'm really starting to eye up the ultimate collection at Newegg (78.99 with free shipping) since I have a $15 coupon there. Anyone else order around that time and here anything yet or should I just pull the trigger and then if it does come just return it instore without reciept stating that it was a gift and pick up two other movies?

I received a new email this morning stating:

"Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience."

Anyone else get this? It appears, at least on the surface, that they are still planning on filling the unfilled orders. I just hope it stays that way.

I too received the e-mail this morning. I'm still in doubt that it will be filled simply based on the fact that its been a week and there are many orders yet to fill. Oh well I guess time will tell.

[quote name='mietha']I received a new email this morning stating:

"Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience."

Anyone else get this? It appears, at least on the surface, that they are still planning on filling the unfilled orders. I just hope it stays that way.[/QUOTE]

Got the same email.

I wonder if this means that we are next in line, because didn't the people that have already received theirs already get this same email. So hopefully by this time next week we will all have our dvds

[quote name='whoknows']So...just curious. How many of you like Reloaded and Revolutions?

I know they are generally unliked, but I don't see why.[/quote]

I enjoy them as well I think Reloaded hurt itself with the 10 minute rave scene that added nothing to the film... a scene that can be forgotten after seeing the Burley Brawl. Revolutions I think disappointed people because it was that film that tried making it into a religious story where Neo had to die to be the savior of the world instead of what was originally a superhero-esque film.

That said in regards to the HD sets the sequels look and sound a lot better than the original... maybe it was because they were released later or how they were mastered but it seemed the sound and picture were better.

The main reason why the sequels look better than the original is because the sequels used a higher quality of film during shooting. With that being said even the original looks far better on HD-DVD than either SD-DVD released has.

Got my order today. It wasn't shipped in a box or a bubbled mailer but was instead packaged in a vacuum sealed cardboard envelope with minimal padding. Thankfully my order arrived in pristine condition.

[quote name='whoknows']So...just curious. How many of you like Reloaded and Revolutions?

I know they are generally unliked, but I don't see why.[/QUOTE]

It was probably a lot to do with the hype, for me at least. Some friends and I waited outside all afternoon for the first showing of Reloaded, and the movie was just so...average. It just felt sort of gimmicky to me--the story was as forced as the acting, and the special effects had already been done and re-done by every movie since the original. I was so bitter I never even watched Revolutions.

I'll give both another chance this week, now that I can at least drool over the A/V.

You know outside of the lame ass rave scene Reloaded is pretty enjoyable. The action scenes are pretty fun. The storyline is pretty hit and miss. Revolutions however as someone said earlier in this thread felt way too preachy. I really hated the ending...

... and in particular how the Oracle lady at the end talks about how Neo "might come back someday." WTF?

I loved Matrix, Reloaded was awesome even if the story started to falter, Revolutions was almost unwatchable: Let's take everything that people like about the series "the Matrix itself" and ignore it for 2 hours! Brilliant! Then let's make Neo, Christ incarnate, and have a painfully long and poorly acted Trinity death scene.

Did anyone notice that it is actually in stock at cc.com now and yet it still says "pre-order" on my order status page. I ordered early Monday morning but I'm wondering why they wouldn't have filled all the backorders if they were still going to honor one set per person.

[quote name='bigsyxxy']Did anyone notice that it is actually in stock at cc.com now and yet it still says "pre-order" on my order status page. I ordered early Monday morning but I'm wondering why they wouldn't have filled all the backorders if they were still going to honor one set per person.[/QUOTE]
I just called CC when I saw that it is now available, they just gave me the run around again. They said if I wanted I could cancel my order and then order another one. But if I wanted to wait and get my original order that I should hear something my June 8th.

Finally got my OC dvd problem fixed today...man the shit I had to go through....not worth it. Hopefully the matrix hd dvd won't be a problem. You know, I thought CC was coo for a bit...thats until I had to fight and deal with all of their BS which then quicly reminded me that CC will NEVER be cool.

Horrible service when it comes to online orders...HORRIBLE, but not as bad at rtiz camera...

Got mine as well. Looks like I have another thing to EBay after price matching in store at Circuit City. Anyone who wants a trade for this is more than welcome also.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I got mine today! w00t... now if only my Xbox hadn't given me the red rings of death... SOB![/QUOTE]

C'MON, you're not a true xbox360 gamer unless you got a ring of death. It happened to everyone on my friend list. Happened to me 2x already....
Ring of death for everyone... damn you micro$oft...... $140 bones if you are out of warrenty like me.

got payment processing as well, checked my bank account and its in there.

Edit: Says i placed my order at 8:22 so I think that makes me close to the last since it changed right around 8:30

Just got my confirmation e-mail too that it's shipping.

I wonder who got fired for this blunder? To think that their initial supply and the 2nd shipment 2 weeks later are just about all getting sold at a loss because of a pricing mistake is pretty crazy. Who knows, this shipment might not even fill all the backorders from the original mistake.

[quote name='johnnypark']Just got my confirmation e-mail too that it's shipping.

I wonder who got fired for this blunder? To think that their initial supply and the 2nd shipment 2 weeks later are just about all getting sold at a loss because of a pricing mistake is pretty crazy. Who knows, this shipment might not even fill all the backorders from the original mistake.[/quote]

It could be their recent firings that is the cause of this blunder. How many people got pissed at their firing of all top paid employees, including on the web side of things. Kinda evident after the free games, dvds, and music on the first day and then this a few days later.

Also to update about 3 minutes ago I received a notice of shipment with a tracking number for fedex since I asked for overnight shipping (since I used the $10 off coupon it ended up being free) so it's on its way now.

I too received the shipping notification. Of course it figures that I ordered the ultimate collection from deepdiscount last night :p. Oh well I'll try and return it for instore credit or sell it to a local place and get some used HD-DVDs.

I just wanted to note that I picked up the ultimate collection after I learned that you couldn't easily skip between episodes of the animatrix that you get a download code for (for use with the 360).

bread's done
Back