Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

[quote name='kevzik']I just got off the phone with an awesome rep. What she told me to do was to go ahead and order one at full price and she when then mahe a case number to give to the next rep I call for a price adjustment. Don't let them win CAG!

Now I just want my matrix set to ship before 60 days...frreaking backorder bul![/quote]

They are backordered, what are you supposed to do if they don't give you the option for in store pickup?

[quote name='kevzik']I just got off the phone with an awesome rep. What she told me to do was to go ahead and order one at full price and she when then mahe a case number to give to the next rep I call for a price adjustment. Don't let them win CAG!

Now I just want my matrix set to ship before 60 days...frreaking backorder bul![/quote]Calling back. Just looked OC up and it's not backordered. Mine should not have been canceled.

On the phone right now, and they are giving me the runaround. CSR is speaking broken english and the connection is bad, making it hard to understand her.

She told me that I can only get a refund and they can't PM to the price the gave me before. Says it is OOS but I'm seeing it on the site now so...

Asked for a manager, on hold. ARG!

My worry about the matrix is if they decide to cancel all the backorders next week, so you can't take advantage of first week sales.

Alright some good news! I got on the line with someone in corporate retail office and she took care of me. Re-purchased OC S4 at $40, and am being credited back $30. Upgraded to 3 day shipping for a couple dollars more so I can just get this OUT OF THE WAY!

Really cool though. CC, my hats off to you.

I suggest anyone else getting the runaround ask for a manager. I think my original reps just didn't understand what had happened.

[quote name='bigell']So what you are saying is that they gave you one in the store for free based on that printout, and the other one still might possibly ship? Or did you switch it on the site to "pickup at the store"?[/QUOTE]

No, sorry for the wrong impression. I paid 19.99 plus tax in the store.

[quote name='nazrad']My worry about the matrix is if they decide to cancel all the backorders next week, so you can't take advantage of first week sales.[/QUOTE]
If you were going to buy it regardless, why don't you just buy it from wherever has the best first week sale. Then, if CC does ship out your order, just return the set from the mail to the store with the other receipt.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Alright some good news! I got on the line with someone in corporate retail office and she took care of me. Re-purchased OC S4 at $40, and am being credited back $30. Upgraded to 3 day shipping for a couple dollars more so I can just get this OUT OF THE WAY!

Really cool though. CC, my hats off to you.

I suggest anyone else getting the runaround ask for a manager. I think my original reps just didn't understand what had happened.[/quote]

Just talked to a manager at CC and she was completely not helpful. She said the item was on back order and until they receive it, there was nothing they could do. I pressed her and she started to get an attitude. I asked her for her name (Holly) and when I asked for her last name, she said she wasn't required to give that to me. She said she didn't see any reason why the order wouldn't be filled, but then she said that CC has 30 days to fill the order and if they can't I would be required to repurchase the item at regular price. Then she gave me some BS about not being charged yet so it technically wasn't a sale. I hate these asshat managers, just help me out I am a paying customer!

Here are the next folks at CC that are going to get a call from me:

Bill Cimino, Director Public Relations
Circuit City
Phone: 804-418-8163

John Milliron, Executive Response Supervisor
Phone: 800-251-2665
Fax: 804-934-3865

[quote name='thebob101']Just talked to a manager at CC and she was completely not helpful. She said the item was on back order and until they receive it, there was nothing they could do. I pressed her and she started to get an attitude. I asked her for her name (Holly) and when I asked for her last name, she said she wasn't required to give that to me. She said she didn't see any reason why the order wouldn't be filled, but then she said that CC has 30 days to fill the order and if they can't I would be required to repurchase the item at regular price. Then she gave me some BS about not being charged yet so it technically wasn't a sale. I hate these asshat managers, just help me out I am a paying customer!

Circuit City

[/quote]Sounds like your talking the Matrix set here, in which case I don't know what they can do. Mine was for the OC set which is not backordered and which was canceled. My matrix is still BO and I'm giving it some time.

Hope those higher ups can help you out though :D

Why the hell is the Matrix set still backordered? Isn't it a new release title this week? I can't believe all the distributors has run out of stock that CC can't order more to fill orders.

[quote name='eau']Why the hell is the Matrix set still backordered? Isn't it a new release title this week? I can't believe all the distributors has run out of stock that CC can't order more to fill orders.[/QUOTE]
Um, because they've not ordered more... Why would they when they have a huge backlog of $20 orders. They'll just wait for them to time out and then restock. Either that or they'll just cancel the rest of the $20 orders and then the set will mysteriously be back in stock. It's not like they'd sell that many copies at $80 anyway. Amazon has the trilogy at $64 (no tax, no shipping) and the ultimate box at $74. Why the hell would anyone give $80 plus tax at CC for it?

Great news. I just received an email from CC. The pending order number was replaced with an actual order number. It looks like shipping is imminent :D

Thank you for your order. The item, listed below that was on backorder has arrived and has been billed to your account.

[quote name='eau']Great news. I just received an email from CC. The pending order number was replaced with an actual order number. It looks like shipping is imminent :D[/quote]

Did you happen to get a confirmation/receipt and then another email prior to the one you just got with the order number that looked like this?

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to contact us, your order confirmation # is xxxx.

B/O Qty Item # Title Available * 1 WHV115974HD COMPLETE MATRIX TRILOGY 05/22/07

* All items with an Available Date displayed are considered pre-release items. Pre-release items are not yet available for purchase. You should receive this item on or shortly after the date displayed. If you have any questions, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
In the US: 800THECITY

Around what time was your order placed?

[quote name='eau']Why the hell is the Matrix set still backordered? Isn't it a new release title this week? I can't believe all the distributors has run out of stock that CC can't order more to fill orders.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered one from Warner Bros. online and even that one is on BO. They dropped the ball on pressing enough copies.

[quote name='Deadpool']I pre-ordered one from Warner Bros. online and even that one is on BO. They dropped the ball on pressing enough copies.[/quote]

Well if you think about it the previous best seller on dvd for Warner was the Departed which sold 100,000 copies over a few weeks at a lower price point on both formats. Warner probably figured the sales would be pretty slow to start and decided to press only enough for the first few weeks.

[quote name='Deadpool']I pre-ordered one from Warner Bros. online and even that one is on BO. They dropped the ball on pressing enough copies.[/QUOTE]
Ok, now that's fucking funny. They don't even have enough to supply themselves. :)

I just received a confirmation email stating that my item that was on backorder has arrived and is going to be billed to my account. My Estimated arrival date is June 4th.

ok now I am getting mad, after hearing nothing from Circuit city my authorization from Circuit city of $1.00 is now nowhere to be found on my bank account. So I think I just got screwed.

[quote name='M1C13']ok now I am getting mad, after hearing nothing from Circuit city my authorization from Circuit city of $1.00 is now nowhere to be found on my bank account. So I think I just got screwed.[/QUOTE]

Authorizations clear off your account after a few days automatically. They were just checking to be sure it was a valid account.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Authorizations clear off your account after a few days automatically. They were just checking to be sure it was a valid account.[/QUOTE]
thank you

[quote name='thebob101']Just talked to a manager at CC and she was completely not helpful. She said the item was on back order and until they receive it, there was nothing they could do. I pressed her and she started to get an attitude. I asked her for her name (Holly) and when I asked for her last name, she said she wasn't required to give that to me. She said she didn't see any reason why the order wouldn't be filled, but then she said that CC has 30 days to fill the order and if they can't I would be required to repurchase the item at regular price. Then she gave me some BS about not being charged yet so it technically wasn't a sale. I hate these asshat managers, just help me out I am a paying customer!

Circuit City

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this. Why are you acting like the victim here? It was an obvious price mistake, and if you didn't get to take advantage of it, it's time to dry your eyes and move on. The "asshat managers" aren't obligated to sell it to you at $19.99, and I don't think the "I am a paying customer!" argument holds in this situation.

The era of "the customer is always right" is long over.

I got that email about it coming back in stock and getting charged this morning too!! It took a few days but CC seems to be coming through.

[quote name='defiance_17']I don't understand this. Why are you acting like the victim here? It was an obvious price mistake, and if you didn't get to take advantage of it, it's time to dry your eyes and move on. The "asshat managers" aren't obligated to sell it to you at $19.99, and I don't think the "I am a paying customer!" argument holds in this situation.

The era of "the customer is always right" is long over.[/quote]

If they are going to honor the price, then honor the price for everyone. Don't make excuses like it's BO and then cancel the order. I was extremely polite until she started in with the attitude. I understand it was a price mistake and I appreciate them honoring it, but like I said, if you are going to honor the price DO IT FOR EVERYONE!

[quote name='thebob101']Just talked to a manager at CC and she was completely not helpful. She said the item was on back order and until they receive it, there was nothing they could do. I pressed her and she started to get an attitude. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

So she said exactly what needed to be said (we don't have any, we don't have a magical gimme machine to produce them out of thin air) and then you "pressed her" and then she "got an attitude'? Sound like she was giving back exactly what she got from you.

As for why they have so many back orders is simple....this pricing mistake probably produced 100x more web orders than their initial order for estimated demand for the box set at regular price.

I thought about getting all mad and calling up circuit city but now I think I'll just stop thinking about it and if one day I receive it in the mail, awesome, if not then it wasn't meant to be. I really only wanted the first matrix anyway.

[quote name='thebob101']If they are going to honor the price, then honor the price for everyone. Don't make excuses like it's BO and then cancel the order. I was extremely polite until she started in with the attitude. I understand it was a price mistake and I appreciate them honoring it, but like I said, if you are going to honor the price DO IT FOR EVERYONE![/QUOTE]

They didn't have to honor it for anyone--I think that's the point you're missing. It was a price mistake. And you're going to send letters to the company's corporate office crying, "But you did it for these people! That's not fair!" I don't know why they honored the price for some people, and not for others, but that's not the issue. Just because some of us got lucky doesn't mean that everyone else got screwed. You're no worse off than you were before, and you weren't cheated--you just didn't get lucky. Get over it.

[quote name='defiance_17']They didn't have to honor it for anyone--I think that's the point you're missing. It was a price mistake. And you're going to send letters to the company's corporate office crying, "But you did it for these people! That's not fair!" I don't know why they honored the price for some people, and not for others, but that's not the issue. Just because some of us got lucky doesn't mean that everyone else got screwed. You're no worse off than you were before, and you weren't cheated--you just didn't get lucky. Get over it.[/quote]

That is extremely easy for you to say because they honored your purchase. I love the "get over" crap after you have already received your item. Just because I voice my opinion doesn't mean I am "crying over it." I realize they didn't have to honor the price and it was a price mistake, I am not a fucking dumb ass. The point is, if they honor it for a few folks, they need to honor it for everyone. That is fair business practice.

And for the other comment, I was very respectful when I pressed her to see if there was something she could do about it. She had an attitude to begin with even before I pressed her. Maybe I am old fashioned, but if I am a paying customer, then I deserve to be treated like they appreciate my business however small it may be.

[quote name='thebob101']That is extremely easy for you to say because they honored your purchase. I love the "get over" crap after you have already received your item. Just because I voice my opinion doesn't mean I am "crying over it." I realize they didn't have to honor the price and it was a price mistake, I am not a fucking dumb ass. The point is, if they honor it for a few folks, they need to honor it for everyone. That is fair business practice.

And for the other comment, I was very respectful when I pressed her to see if there was something she could do about it. She had an attitude to begin with even before I pressed her. Maybe I am old fashioned, but if I am a paying customer, then I deserve to be treated like they appreciate my business however small it may be.[/QUOTE]

No, it's easy for me to say because I had absolutely no expectation of receiving the item. I would never consider calling or writing to CC's corporate headquarters because they didn't honor a price mistake, because I'm not, to borrow from you, "a fucking dumb ass." I got mine, and I know I was just one of the lucky bunch--they didn't have to ship anything, but they chose to. If they wouldn't have, I wouldn't have complained any more than a simple, "Boy, wouldn't it have been cool if it would have went through? Oh well." My words to you would not change one bit if they had canceled my order, too.

They don't need to honor it for everyone. They didn't need to honor it for anyone. The terms and conditions on the website clearly state this, and whether they fill all, some, or none of the orders, it's all "fair business practice."

Also, you called a customer service representative to complain about not getting in on an obvious price mistake. And then you have the nerve to claim that you're a paying customer and "deserve" appreciation? You don't deserve a goddamn thing, and they certainly don't need to appreciate your "business" in such a situation.

[quote name='thebob101']That is extremely easy for you to say because they honored your purchase. I love the "get over" crap after you have already received your item. Just because I voice my opinion doesn't mean I am "crying over it." I realize they didn't have to honor the price and it was a price mistake, I am not a fucking dumb ass. The point is, if they honor it for a few folks, they need to honor it for everyone. That is fair business practice.[/quote]
My order is BO and not shipped, and I don't think it's that big of a deal. AFAIK, it will b honored, just not immediatly. You wrote:
She said the item was on back order and until they receive it, there was nothing they could do.
I believe that it is BO. They have had tons of orders in a short period of time for a movie I would say wouldn't be flying off the shelves at that price.

And for the other comment, I was very respectful when I pressed her to see if there was something she could do about it. She had an attitude to begin with even before I pressed her. Maybe I am old fashioned, but if I am a paying customer, then I deserve to be treated like they appreciate my business however small it may be.
Granted she shouldn't have had an attitude, but to be fair you wrote:
I pressed her and she started to get an attitude.

I don't think they have enough, which i why it's BO. If it was canceled that's another story, but you never said that, as far as I remember.

[quote name='defiance_17']No, it's easy for me to say because I had absolutely no expectation of receiving the item. I would never consider calling or writing to CC's corporate headquarters because they didn't honor a price mistake, because I'm not, to borrow from you, "a fucking dumb ass." I got mine, and I know I was just one of the lucky bunch--they didn't have to ship anything, but they chose to. If they wouldn't have, I wouldn't have complained any more than a simple, "Boy, wouldn't it have been cool if it would have went through? Oh well." My words to you would not change one bit if they had canceled my order, too.

They don't need to honor it for everyone. They didn't need to honor it for anyone. The terms and conditions on the website clearly state this, and whether they fill all, some, or none of the orders, it's all "fair business practice."

Also, you called a customer service representative to complain about not getting in on an obvious price mistake. And then you have the nerve to claim that you're a paying customer and "deserve" appreciation? You don't deserve a goddamn thing, and they certainly don't need to appreciate your "business" in such a situation.[/quote]

One, I called to make sure they weren't going to cancel my order like they had others in this thread, not to complain. I don't need, nor do I appreciate anyone's bad attitude when I am calling customer service. They do call it customer service for a reason. Second, I don't buy your "My words to you would not change one bit if they had canceled my order, too." Like I said, easy for you to say because your order was honored.

As I said, you received yours and now you can sit on your pedestal and judge what I am doing. "I would never, how could you do that, blah, blah, blah."

And to clarify "lucky bunch," I didn't call to bitch, I called to see if there was something I could do whether it was change to in store pickup or be assured my order would go through. Because I used the term "pressed" you assumed that I was an ass to her and used that as a reason to come down on me with your holier than thou attitude. You have big balls to go after people on the message boards and point the finger at how fucked up you think they are.

[quote name='thebob101']One, I called to make sure they weren't going to cancel my order like they had others in this thread, not to complain. I don't need, nor do I appreciate anyone's bad attitude when I am calling customer service. They do call it customer service for a reason. Second, I don't buy your "My words to you would not change one bit if they had canceled my order, too." Like I said, easy for you to say because your order was honored.

As I said, you received yours and now you can sit on your pedestal and judge what I am doing. "I would never, how could you do that, blah, blah, blah."

And to clarify "lucky bunch," I didn't call to bitch, I called to see if there was something I could do whether it was change to in store pickup or be assured my order would go through. Because I used the term "pressed" you assumed that I was an ass to her and used that as a reason to come down on me with your holier than thou attitude. You have big balls to go after people on the message boards and point the finger at how fucked up you think they are.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know, mate. I think in this situation you're definitely the one with the bigger, brassier pair.

[quote name='thebob101']
As I said, you received yours and now you can sit on your pedestal and judge what I am doing. "I would never, how could you do that, blah, blah, blah." [/QUOTE]

I think you should speak for your own person and no one else. I understand what defiance means by his comment. I got in pretty early on this deal and hadn't heard anything from CC and I was just going day by day on the situation. Finally today they charged me and now it has shipped but had it been canceled I would have had no problems. I would have just mentioned it here to let others know that I didn't get it and that would be that.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Did you happen to get a confirmation/receipt and then another email prior to the one you just got with the order number that looked like this?

Around what time was your order placed?[/QUOTE]
You weren't asking me, but I received that email you quoted, as well as the confirmation/receipt. Last night I received the Payment processed email with an actual order number, and this morning I received an email saying my backorder/special order has shipped.

I placed my order on Sunday, around 10 PM pacific time.

i believe that CC is honoring one per person per household/address, but i read that some stupid dude tried to order like 50 of these and got like 16 confirmed to be shipped while i only ordered one and didn't get anything yet...
darn those people trying to abuse the system and make a quick buck on ebay

[quote name='Santurio']I think you should speak for your own person and no one else. I understand what defiance means by his comment.[/quote]

If you should only speak for your own person then why comment about what I did.

[quote name='eatntae']You weren't asking me, but I received that email you quoted, as well as the confirmation/receipt. Last night I received the Payment processed email with an actual order number, and this morning I received an email saying my backorder/special order has shipped.

I placed my order on Sunday, around 10 PM pacific time.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone else received shipping confirmation recently? If so, what time did you order?

I have a feeling they are fulfilling these in order that they were ordered, so I am hoping they get to me before the point they shut this down (I ordered at 7:30am on Monday).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Did you happen to get a confirmation/receipt and then another email prior to the one you just got with the order number that looked like this?[/quote]Yes. It looks familar.

Btw, my order shipped today :D

[quote name='thebob101']If you should only speak for your own person then why comment about what I did.[/QUOTE]
I didn't, but thanks for understanding.

[quote name='Deadpool']I pre-ordered one from Warner Bros. online and even that one is on BO. They dropped the ball on pressing enough copies.[/QUOTE]

Finally heard back from Warner after i emailed them 3 days ago:

Thank you for your recent order.

Ultimate Matrix Collection, The (HD)

is currently on backorder and we expect to ship within the next thirty
(30) days.
It is quite possible that we could ship earlier. Be assured that your
credit card has not been charged, as we have not shipped the product to
you.

If you wish to cancel your order please contact our Customer Service
Department at (800)364-6928, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 12:00 Midnight
(EST), or email to:
[email protected].

Best regards

Online Customer Service

This sucks. I don't want to end up with 3 so i cant grab one at Best Buy or the like. I just have to be envious of everyone else that has them.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Has anyone else received shipping confirmation recently? If so, what time did you order?

I have a feeling they are fulfilling these in order that they were ordered, so I am hoping they get to me before the point they shut this down (I ordered at 7:30am on Monday).[/quote]

I ordered mine Sunday night before 10. Also shipping today.

:bouncy:

I ordered at 1 AM on Monday and hadn't heard anything beyond the first two emails everyone else received so I decided to try to get this honored at the store.

First I went during my lunchbreak (around 4:20) and I went to the customer service desk to get this honored. The girl working there was going to honor it fine but kept asking the person I believe was the asst. manager (or at least the highest ranked person on duty) questions because she was trying to pricematch the online store but I didn't have an order number, etc. So finally the asst. manager went on CC.com, saw the 79.99 price, and had the underling cancel the order and send me on my way even though she had just swiped my card.

Second time I tried after work (about 8:05 p.m.) and this time went to the regular register. The register worker got I guess the manager on duty(he had a black polo on with the CC logo) and he price matched it no problem and I walked out with my copy.

Also for those that don't realize you get a slip with a code in the case to download the Animatrix from XBox Live Marketplace. When you normally buy the segments on Marketplace it's by "episode" (the 9 chapters on the DVD) but when you put in the code on the Marketplace it's one file of 1.2 GB. When you launch that video file on the 360, there is no chapter selection option, it's just all 9 chapters of the movie back to back. It starts with the 2 parts of the second renassiance and ends with Final Flight of the Osiris. It's 1 hr 50 minutes exactly (does have the credits at the end of each episode.)

On the 360 I've noticed if you don't have a system that supports more than 5.1 then if you play with the Dolby True HD setting the sound gets out of sync. DTS and 5.1 seem ok though.

I just got mine, but I'm worried because I ordered two copies. They canceled one, but they charged me for both, and it still has been credited back to my card.

If I don't get mine because I ordered mine Monday morning instead of Sunday night, I am afraid I will resent my son (who was born Sunday night, which is why I wasn't sitting at the computer glued to CAG) for the rest of his life.

bread's done
Back