Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

as with everyone else, I got my "payment processing/backorder arrival" email too.

I originally chose for 3-day shipping, so hopefully I'll get it by Thursday.

good show Circuit City :)

Got my shipping notice, I can't believe they let me send myself an e-gift card to bump me over the free shipping amount.

[quote name='k9homan']C'MON, you're not a true xbox360 gamer unless you got a ring of death. It happened to everyone on my friend list. Happened to me 2x already....
Ring of death for everyone... damn you micro$oft...... $140 bones if you are out of warrenty like me.[/quote]

would u belive that i never got the ring of death? though mine was the second shipment idk if that makes a diff

[quote name='Demolition Man']You know outside of the lame ass rave scene Reloaded is pretty enjoyable. The action scenes are pretty fun. The storyline is pretty hit and miss. Revolutions however as someone said earlier in this thread felt way too preachy. I really hated the ending...

... and in particular how the Oracle lady at the end talks about how Neo "might come back someday." WTF?
[/QUOTE]
I'd guess they were just playing it safe in case they someday wanted to make another movie or a spinoff or...something.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Shipped e-mail received the other day. Supposed to arrive tomorrow![/QUOTE]

same here. big plus to CC for this one.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I bet about 2 of you actually own an HD DVD player[/quote]You don't have one? Is it because your films haven't been put on HD yet? That mustache in HD must be quite a sight to behold.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I bet about 2 of you actually own an HD DVD player[/QUOTE]

Both HD DVD (360 add-on) and Blu-Ray (PS3) here. Look real nice!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I bet about 2 of you actually own an HD DVD player[/QUOTE]

Yea I don't have one but I ordered anyways. I told myself if CC honors this deal I will go and pick up an HD DVD Player :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea I don't have one but I ordered anyways. I told myself if CC honors this deal I will go and pick up an HD DVD Player :)[/quote]

If you don't have one yet you can get the 360 drive for around $160 - $180 or if you want a stand alone tigerdirect has an HD-A1 for $199 refurb... downside is no free dvds with that.

I guess most of you will sell your copy on ebay. I can imagine a big pile of auctions for the Matrix Trilogy HDDVD...:lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']I guess most of you will sell your copy on ebay. I can imagine a big pile of auctions for the Matrix Trilogy HDDVD...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Not I, I was about to order this off of Amazon the morning that this all went down. First HD-DVD I've bought since Christmas.

[quote name='shipwreck']Not I, I was about to order this off of Amazon the morning that this all went down. First HD-DVD I've bought since Christmas.[/QUOTE]
me neither, this was one of the first hd-dvd I got excited about.... well at least in a while.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd guess they were just playing it safe in case they someday wanted to make another movie or a spinoff or...something.[/quote]
The Matrix Online is currently continuing the storyline of the trilogy. There have been some really good plot twists and events in the game (but they definately dont justify the $15 per month). Theres a lot of information on Wikipedia about it. It's worth reading. They could definately make a 4th movie out of the storyline events from the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix_Online#Storyline

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You don't have one? Is it because your films haven't been put on HD yet? That mustache in HD must be quite a sight to behold.[/quote]

From what i understand, Mystery Men will be coming out on HD-DVD. But i guess that wouldnt be a good movie for W.H.M. as Kel Mitchell can act circles around him.

[quote name='oasisboy']I guess most of you will sell your copy on ebay. I can imagine a big pile of auctions for the Matrix Trilogy HDDVD...:lol:[/quote]Nope, I've got an HD player.

mines in florida right now (I live in Ohio) It is supposed to be here by tomorrow.

EDIT: now it's in Memphis

[quote name='M1C13']mines in florida right now (I live in Ohio) It is supposed to be here by tomorrow.

EDIT: now it's in Memphis[/quote]

How'd you get a tracking number? The e-mail didn't list it and the order page on CC only says shipped through USPS. And the mail was delivered today and it wasn't there.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']How'd you get a tracking number? The e-mail didn't list it and the order page on CC only says shipped through USPS. And the mail was delivered today and it wasn't there.[/QUOTE]

What type of shipping did you select? Probably only the upgraded shipping got tracking numbers.

Yup, I'm guessing only upgraded shipping got tracking numbers.

I chose 3-day Fed Ex delivery for mine. It's in Oakland (35 minutes away) but isn't expected here until the 7th.

I recently saw Matrix Revolutions HD running on a 50" plasma at Circuit City. Makes me even more excited to add this set to part of my DVD collection.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']My order at CC has no tracking but says it was due here YESTERDAY, and it's still not here...[/quote]

Me too. And yes, I left it as standard shipping because I wasn't in a big rush for something I didn't expect to ever ship. :lol:

It is USPS, so expect it to be 3-4 business days late. I'm guessing we'll get it Thursday or Friday (I had mine as having an expected delivery of Monday).

Just got mine delivered this morning. Glad I decided to go with FedEx 3-day :)

big thanks to all involved (on several boards) in breaking open this deal!!

[quote name='pimpinc333']FedEx does also.[/quote]At least you have an idea of where it is and when it'll get there. With USPS, delivery dates are about as accurate as throwing shit on a dartboard.

I found mine on my doorstop this morning. I'd like to thank all those who pointed out this awesome deal. You're the reason CAG is a great community.

I order matrix set and the OC... got the OC, but the matrix set was canceled. I sent one email... after 5 days, no luck, I got a stupid canned response... sent the same email again... after 5 days got a reply that they are sending me a $15 gc in the mail for my troubles

Ordered mine 5/21 at around 1:15am... just got it this afternoon. Was starting to think it wasn't going to show. I'm psyched. Thanks OP! :D

bread's done
Back