Medal Of Honor - Gen. Discussion & Info - October 12, 2010 - Beta: 6/21/10

Oh, I must have overlooked the Frontline installation icon :lol: I'll check again tonight. Thanks guys.

As for the question, do you need the disc to run Frontline. Well, if it installs and there's a game icon, try to play it without the disc and see what happens... I'll do it tonight.

Oh another question, the box says Beta invitation to Bad Company 3 included, but I don't see anything special inside the case (no special codes or anything). What's the deal with that?

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh another question, the box says Beta invitation to Bad Company 3 included, but I don't see anything special inside the case (no special codes or anything). What's the deal with that?[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be similar to Halo. They'll be a new selection available in the MoH menu when the beta is ready for the public.

[quote name='Vader582']It'll probably be similar to Halo. They'll be a new selection available in the MoH menu when the beta is ready for the public.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks!

Anyone going for the platinum trophy? Or platinum it already? Are there any grinding MP trophies? I saw a few descriptions, but from what I know the MP trophies are not too demanding... Play TWO hours this and that were the most annoying ones I saw.

FYI: the code for the Battlefield 3 beta is your online code. It's in the box. ;)

If anyone wants to play on the PS3, shoot me a friend request. I'll be online later tonight.

[quote name='Serpentor']I entered the code came with MoH, but I don't remember seeing Frontline at all... How do we get it for free again? I thought it was packed with the game...[/QUOTE]
My bad. I thought Frontline would be a download code through PSN. I'm still waiting for my shipment so I didn't know.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Man, I hope you all bought this new because I certainly wouldn't be hot about the idea of paying for the Medal of Honor online.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really get that one, I started playing online with out entering the code. I think its really stupid that companies are doing this, it might make the secondary market price get really low on games like this though. I remember reading somewhere that this is the direction they want to take with games in the future. I really hope people don't buy into it because this is how they test what people are willing to do.

Overall, I think the game is great but still has a lot of bugs. I've never played any online fps like this with so many head shots.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Man, I hope you all bought this new because I certainly wouldn't be hot about the idea of paying for the Medal of Honor online.[/QUOTE]

You do NOT need the pass to play online, the pass will only give you access to the tier1 extras you get with the limited edition of the game.

[quote name='Mad39er']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=17049

I wasn't going to blog about it but I figured I'd give it a shot. Mostly posting for the people it's intended for that wanted my review on MoH. If it helps anybody else, I'm happy for you. It's really long though, so bring a snack or something.[/QUOTE]

Good review and all but the only thing that really showed that 2 developers worked on the game was that in the single player campaign you are able to "lean and peak" and slide into cover, but when you hit multiplayer this is completely removed. But then again the cover system kinda blows in the single player. Another issue with the game is that the weapon selection for each class is really weak. Roughly 3 weapons for each class. In addition the kill animation is horrible in multiplayer. All of a sudden the screen flashes and you are dead. No mention of who killed you or where the guy was when he shot you. Also another problem i had was that the weapons lacked any real power. Its great that theres ammo crates around but your probably be daed so thats no longer and issue.
The big problem I had is the spawn system. You literally can be spawn in the middle of the enemy. Which is plain stupid. Also the maps are really bad. The collision is awful and you get stuck on terrain and the maps are either too big or really to small.
It's fun but there is a lot of frustration part of this game. If you were deciding this over black ops, go for black ops. I dont see this game lasting to long in multiplayer.

This is a PS2 quality game trapped in a PS3 World. Nothing special about it at all, and I already sold mine. Sorry guys, but have fun I suppose? BF BC2, although I haven't played much, is definitely way better.

The Frontline game is about 4gb and installation is a pain! I beginning to think all Activation games have painful (long) installations... Transformers WFC took forever! MoH too...

Anyway, you do need the MoH game disc to play Frontline, so no free pass if you're planning to sell the disc! Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Frontline has a platinum trophy too :)

[quote name='lude21']You do NOT need the pass to play online, the pass will only give you access to the tier1 extras you get with the limited edition of the game.[/QUOTE]

I thought all EA games now were charging for online? I know EA MMA will be charging.

[quote name='kagekiri']Good review and all but the only thing that really showed that 2 developers worked on the game was that in the single player campaign you are able to "lean and peak" and slide into cover, but when you hit multiplayer this is completely removed. But then again the cover system kinda blows in the single player. Another issue with the game is that the weapon selection for each class is really weak. Roughly 3 weapons for each class. In addition the kill animation is horrible in multiplayer. All of a sudden the screen flashes and you are dead. No mention of who killed you or where the guy was when he shot you. Also another problem i had was that the weapons lacked any real power. Its great that theres ammo crates around but your probably be daed so thats no longer and issue.
The big problem I had is the spawn system. You literally can be spawn in the middle of the enemy. Which is plain stupid. Also the maps are really bad. The collision is awful and you get stuck on terrain and the maps are either too big or really to small.
It's fun but there is a lot of frustration part of this game. If you were deciding this over black ops, go for black ops. I dont see this game lasting to long in multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I think they don't want you knowing who killed you or where they were is because the EA servers lag like crazy... so many deaths way in behind cover... people shooting through boulders etc... not to mention there seems do be no range drop off on any of the weapons or accuracy problems from range...etc...

I might be the only one here, but I think MP is a lot harder than other FPS MP on the market today. I'm not the best player by any means, but MW2 seems too easy to me. I can easily rake in a 10+ kill streak with rewards and all that. In MoH, I find myself getting only the mortar strike on a rare occasion. I think it's more challenging and hell of a lot more realistic than other games. I love how all the guns sound. I like that strategy, lone wolf or in a squad, is almost required to get a win.

When I first started playing, I was in the COD mindset. Run and gun, no strategy. After a good amount of playing time, I realized that my team lost 4/5 games. I decided to switch to another game type and fill a role or need that my team did not have. I noticed we didn't have many snipers in the game so I changed my class and started sniping. After a few minutes, another guy also changed over and we started picking off people. The team started backing off and our team started pushing forward. We ended up winning the game so that was pretty cool.

The MP is definitely a new experience for me. I never felt so overwhelmed with the battle intensity (maybe the game is fairly new and a lot of people playing online at the moment). I just follow the objectives (mission based), no strategies whatsoever, but yeah, constantly getting killed :whistle2:(

I'm in it for the MP trophies :lol:

I've had no problem getting 20+ kills as a sniper on the Garzmir town map, getting all the way up to Strafing Run which is a 5th level scorechain. If you spawn on the buildings side it's extremely easy to rack up kills on all the snipers sniping from the mountains and people running from their spawn.

[quote name='Pck21']Question for those who pre-ordered with Amazon...

Has anyone received their $20 promotional credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Got my code on release day (10/12) at 8am CST

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh, I must have overlooked the Frontline installation icon :lol: I'll check again tonight. Thanks guys.

As for the question, do you need the disc to run Frontline. Well, if it installs and there's a game icon, try to play it without the disc and see what happens... I'll do it tonight.[/QUOTE]

You must have the disk to run Frontline, even after installation. Once you put in the disc, under the normal spot a game shows up in, there will be another option that says Medal of Honor/Bonus Content. That's where you click to start the install. As someone else said, it's 4.4 GB. Don't forget Frontline has its own seperate trophies.

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh another question, the box says Beta invitation to Bad Company 3 included, but I don't see anything special inside the case (no special codes or anything). What's the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

The Online Pass is also the beta code. It will be an in-game option at a later date similar to how it was with Halo 3 ODST for the Reach beta.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I thought all EA games now were charging for online? I know EA MMA will be charging.[/QUOTE]

They limited the amount of maps you have access to without the code, just like they did with Battlefield: BC 2. You can still play online with it but you'll be more limited in what maps you can play on. There's also some weapons you don't have access to. Also without a valid online pass, you don't get the B3 beta.

I have a MP trophy question... Fire Controller, what does it mean use each offensive support at least once? How do you use it? What button?

Hit the max score chain using all offensive supports. So Mortar -> Rocket -> Missile strike -> Artillery strike -> Strafing run -> whatever is past Strafing run since I didn't score that high yet.

After Strafing run -> Bomb Run 450 pts -> Cruise Missle 600 pts. I was lucky one game and used most of defensive points to get there. I didn't get Fire Controller but I did happen to get the Quartermaster trophy.

are all copies of MoH "limited edition"?

Edit: sorry, please let me be more specific, all all copies of PS3 MoH "limited edition", meaning do they all come with Frontline, and multiplayer weapons? Or is this only the case for first prints like Mad39er pointed out. Thanks for the info!

just got the game monday and played through the first two levels. It's not quite elite status but it sure is pretty fun. Danger Close has done a good job with the single player. Now the question is whether or not I should try the multi

[quote name='pogipinoy27']just got the game monday and played through the first two levels. It's not quite elite status but it sure is pretty fun. Danger Close has done a good job with the single player. Now the question is whether or not I should try the multi[/QUOTE]

dude multiplayer is even more broke than Black Ops and I heard little in terms of patches. Btw Fred where the hell have you been ehh???

[quote name='kagekiri']dude multiplayer is even more broke than Black Ops and I heard little in terms of patches. Btw Fred where the hell have you been ehh???[/QUOTE]

I've been busier the past couple of months. A bunch of things outside of video gaming consuming my time. Plus I had been doing more sports outside but with the weather being crappy it looks like it's back to good ol' PS3.

Besides, I didn't feel like being pwned in Naruto again by you :D

Just finished the game yesterday. Waaaaaaaay too short of a story but very enjoyable. It gives a very serious look at the concept of modern war and I personally liked it. I hope the danger close team works on another game for both multi and single player for the next MoH. The game had several animation glitches here and there but I think they did a very solid job with the single player overall. The only thing I would change is the pace of the game and the AI of the teamates. I can't count how many times I would try to flank and only to have rabbit or voodoo step into crossfire. Idiots.

Can anyone comment on what the online community is like these days? I'm debating whether I should pick it up for $15 from Hasting's.

The online community is still there, i picked this up first on 360 a while back and got it again on PS3 for 12 bucks. Its a worthy game imo.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I've been busier the past couple of months. A bunch of things outside of video gaming consuming my time. Plus I had been doing more sports outside but with the weather being crappy it looks like it's back to good ol' PS3.

Besides, I didn't feel like being pwned in Naruto again by you :D

Just finished the game yesterday. Waaaaaaaay too short of a story but very enjoyable. It gives a very serious look at the concept of modern war and I personally liked it. I hope the danger close team works on another game for both multi and single player for the next MoH. The game had several animation glitches here and there but I think they did a very solid job with the single player overall. The only thing I would change is the pace of the game and the AI of the teamates. I can't count how many times I would try to flank and only to have rabbit or voodoo step into crossfire. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Silly Rabbit, thats you. The AI is Mother, Preacher, and Voodoo. I just beat the single player, cleaned up all but the Tier 1 trophy for SP. Contemplating the multiplayer also (I hate multiplayer trophies requiring the platinum, its retarded). Fred, Mad, Hito, or anyone else for that matter - you guys have BFBC2, want to play that online? I may just get the easier to achieve trophies for MoH online...

[quote name='kagekiri']I wouldn't mind playing some BFBC2 Kaiser as long as mad doesn't drive......[/QUOTE]

Mad should never drive and I should never fly. I think I invoked the 3 strikes and you are out rule on flying - or 3 nose plants into the ground and you are out.

[quote name='kagekiri']I wouldn't mind playing some BFBC2 Kaiser as long as mad doesn't drive......[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jmbreci']Mad should never drive and I should never fly. I think I invoked the 3 strikes and you are out rule on flying - or 3 nose plants into the ground and you are out.[/QUOTE]

Alright, lets do this. I will be on tonight and tomorrow night, around 8pm Pacific, so see you guys online.

[quote name='kagekiri']I wouldn't mind playing some BFBC2 Kaiser as long as mad doesn't drive......[/QUOTE]I may not be able to drive in Bad Company but I knew my way around anti-tank rockets and sniping people out of helicopters. Still got a kick out of those idiots that kept circling us in the Blackhawk that we kept sniping out of their seats, only to have the pilot fly back and get them to do it all over again.

Is the MOH DLC worth picking up? I just picked this up when Gamfly had the sale a couple weeks ago and was contemplating Hot Zone.

Looking at http://mohstats.com/ it doesn't appear that anyone is playing Hot Zone at all.

I enjoy the vanilla game modes enough.

[quote name='ukbumpkin']Is the MOH DLC worth picking up? I just picked this up when Gamfly had the sale a couple weeks ago and was contemplating Hot Zone.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back