Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

Megazell's Top Pick
Zombpocalyse
Megazell's Top Pick

Shooter/Top Down
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Horror

Simply stated, Zombpocalyse is a no-frills action arcade shooter; reminiscent of the 8-bit era, but with next generation flare.

In the recent events of a world wide outbreak, a system has been put into effect by the nations around the world to eliminate the threat. You play as a civilian who has been selected to reduce the zombie population with the promise of cold hard cash. Your payout will be determined as you embark on a killing spree that is sure to satisfy the most rabid zombie-stomping fans. Use quick reflexes and advanced weaponry to tear through the swarms of undead but think fast because these aren’t your average zombies.

Megazell's Comment - I had actually posted this before but pulled it down when the newsletter stated that the game maker was going make the game a pay to play game. Well, that idea was scrapped and the game is back to free status. Great game. I even donated. Yep, it's that good. It says demo but the game is full version.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.2 Ghz
Memory: 512 Mb
Video: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 42.3 Mb

Download it here - http://www.inlandstudios.com/index.php?show=software.zombpocalypse

Screenshots

9i5vs6.jpg

2nqd6hx.jpg

1fzn6t.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGhbJpBEo1s

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Death From Above

Shooter/Horizontal
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Other

Death From Above features Aerial Combat, Bombing and some neat flight maneuvers as well as the ability to deploy tanks from your base to liberate cities and bases from the enemy! The game is based in part on Compuscience's 1984 title Sopwith.

Game play consists of eight separate possible mission between four levels you play at any one time, Each missions overall objective is to eliminate all enemy fighters, tanks and defenses and to secure all Cities and Bases for your side. Liberation occurs when you deploy two tanks to a city or base. Once you have liberated a property it increases the number of tanks you can deploy by two. Also if you liberate a base you may use that for landing and refueling. You deploy tanks during a refuel/reload period in between sorties.

During Air combat you can use Stalls to you advantage as well as pull of some special aerial maneuvers if you can figure out how to use them. Enemy fighters will do their best to end up on your tail and send some Lead you way, Also Gun emplacements and flak cannons protect tanks and enemy fortifications.

System Requirements

CPU: 500 Mhz
Memory: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 13.4 Mb

Download it here - http://www.gamesare.com/games/dfa/dfa.htm

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtDLbOQPK6o

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Lin City

Simulation/Management
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

"LinCity-NG is a Freeware City Simulation Game. It is a polished and improved version of the classic LinCity. In the game, you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships."

System Requirements

CPU: 400 Mhz
Memory: 8 Mb
Video: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 59.5 Mb

Download it here - http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2929

Screenshots

2ivk38n.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell, once again thanks on all of the links. :applause:

And nice info on Zombpocalypse. I read some good things about this game. Now I'll see if the comments are true. :bouncy:

[quote name='mogamer']Megazell, once again thanks on all of the links. :applause:

And nice info on Zombpocalypse. I read some good things about this game. Now I'll see if the comments are true. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

NP.

I updated the front page of this thread. Many of the games were in the wrong genre and a few were double posted.

If anyone sees any game that is miss classified by genre or has any other missing or incorrect info - let me know via PM or post it up.

Just finishing going through a heap of games many of which were bundle with spyware and a few others were no longer compatible with windows.

I will post some more tomorrow.

Megazell's Top Pick
Hero Quest
Megazell's Top Pick

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Fantasy

HeroQuest is a turnbased computer game in a fantasy setting, Inspired on MB's and Games Workshop's boardgame 'HeroQuest'. It focuses on four different heroes working through various quests, encountering foes ranging from goblins to chaos warriors. You can play the original campaign, additional quests or wander the self generating magic dungeon. A user friendly quest editor is also included. Note: this is not the HeroQuest game published by Gremlin in 1992, but a new Allegro/DirectX game made by me.

Megazell's Comment - I still play this game with family and friends on Sunday. It still holds up. This PC version captures the game exactly. You can also DL mods for the game. It's a must play for board game fans.

System Requirements

CPU: 166 Mhz
Video: 2 Mb
Memory: 8 Mb
Hard Drive: 2.41 Mb

Download it here - http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/hquest.htm

Screenshots

vy6v52.jpg

Gameplay Video

TV Commercial For The Actual Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_YRatOInA

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Been dicking around in Faces of Mankind for an hour or two, and so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Cute that the game came with a 40min video tutorial, but it begs the question why the tutorial wasn't integrated in the game?

Also, this game reeks of strictly PVP, with really punishing death penalty...

I'll stick to DDO as my main mmo for now, and possibly Crime Craft if I feel like switching out. Maybe I'm missing something, and I think this will be more of your cup of tea Megazell, so let me know what I'm doing wrong.

[quote name='Megazell']When CPU technology reached 2.0 Ghz way back when it bottomed out many of the engines that were carrying the gaming industry as a whole. To this day many games don't need to really ever go over that speed to get all the features we 'were' looking forward to...'realistic graphics', real-time rendering and shading and such.

Now some games push the envelope like 'Cyrsis', 'Cellfactor: Revolution' and a few others...but in the end...by the time technology and OS software reaches to the point to take utilize the full effect of those engines...the tech customers need to run said game/software is very affordable (within the $200 to $500 range for builders).

To this day, take a look at this list right here alone, indie game makers are taking low tech and making great leaps because we finally had enough time to understand it fully.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense that is around the last time I upgraded my pc. One day I tried to run Battlefield 2 but couldn't due to lack of shader 2.0 support on my video card.

Wow, HeroQuest!!

I wish I still knew the friend who used to own that game, it was amazing.

I guess this is about as close as I can get to owning it, it's pretty expensive these days.

[quote name='burritoman']Wow, HeroQuest!!

I wish I still knew the friend who used to own that game, it was amazing.

I guess this is about as close as I can get to owning it, it's pretty expensive these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, I have the original 1989 in the box. About a year ago, I brought it over to a game night with some friends and our wives/gfs. Anyway, my friend's boss was there. He tried to get me to sell it.

You can find cheap version of it on ebay but the condition is varied.

My daughter and I repainted the figures about 4 years ago and we reconstructed the parts out of real wood...so the game is different from the original in that respect.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Been dicking around in Faces of Mankind for an hour or two, and so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Cute that the game came with a 40min video tutorial, but it begs the question why the tutorial wasn't integrated in the game?

Also, this game reeks of strictly PVP, with really punishing death penalty...

I'll stick to DDO as my main mmo for now, and possibly Crime Craft if I feel like switching out. Maybe I'm missing something, and I think this will be more of your cup of tea Megazell, so let me know what I'm doing wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have not given much time to the game. It showed up on my list. I installed it...ran it...then posted it.

DDO seems to be the only lasting MMO from everyone that has tried it and spoke to me about it. Out of the kids at the center only 2 of them play it but they only DDO and nothing else. So they always call me over to check out their raids or drops and it's always impressive.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Makes sense that is around the last time I upgraded my pc. One day I tried to run Battlefield 2 but couldn't due to lack of shader 2.0 support on my video card.[/QUOTE]

I am sure if you did a search you can find a work around for that card.
I know it sucks when you get a NEW video card and find out it can not run old tech. That's why I do plenty of research and I usually wait 1 gen behind because it's cheaper and the card is proven effective. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be out and in front with technology.

Frozzd

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Science Fiction

Casual 2D platformer with 360 degree gravity. Explore different planets and gather an army of "Mubblies" to defeat the "Frozzd". This game was made for the YoYoGames Winter Competition and won first prize.

Megazell's Comment - More indie games that bring smiles and laughter. Great little game. Nice gameplay mechanic. You have to use your gravity, speed and help of the friends that you free to be able to progress in the game. Also, the intro and installation of the game itself is quite awesome.

System Requirements

CPU: 600 Mhz
Video: 32 Mb
Hard Drive: 6.78 Mb

Download it here - http://www.venbrux.com/

Screenshots

i2rswk.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='Megazell']I have not given much time to the game. It showed up on my list. I installed it...ran it...then posted it.

DDO seems to be the only lasting MMO from everyone that has tried it and spoke to me about it. Out of the kids at the center only 2 of them play it but they only DDO and nothing else. So they always call me over to check out their raids or drops and it's always impressive.[/QUOTE]

We need to put together a DDO guild here sometime... Being a meat-wall without an access to a walking bandage is really a detriment to my dungeon diving.

Hmm, I could always get a hireling or 4, if I want to spend the money for the upgrade.

Oh, can I ask something Megazell? Have you/Ever considered dipping into your wallet and pay for cash-items for the MMO's/microtransaction games that you play?

I'm thinking about doing that for DDO since I see it as supporting the developers and such (that, and I'm an impatient bastard who needs some XP boosting potions NOW!). Thought about doing the same for Dragonica when I was heavy into that, and seeing as Crime Craft has one of the cheapest monthly subscriptions I've seen in an non-kiddy mmo, might even toss a month or three of basic service.

Decker

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

"Decker is a Freeware cyberspace hacking RPG where you hack into corporate systems to perform missions for rival corporations. Success lets you upgrade your skills, hardware, and reputation to take on more difficult jobs." Notes - After extraction the Setup.exe is located in the bin\Disk1 folder.

System Requirements

CPU: 200 Mhz
Memory: 16 Mb
Hard Drive: 2 Mb

Download it here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/decker/

Screenshots

11jmdg6.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='rumarudrathas']We need to put together a DDO guild here sometime... Being a meat-wall without an access to a walking bandage is really a detriment to my dungeon diving.

Hmm, I could always get a hireling or 4, if I want to spend the money for the upgrade.

Oh, can I ask something Megazell? Have you/Ever considered dipping into your wallet and pay for cash-items for the MMO's/microtransaction games that you play?

I'm thinking about doing that for DDO since I see it as supporting the developers and such (that, and I'm an impatient bastard who needs some XP boosting potions NOW!). Thought about doing the same for Dragonica when I was heavy into that, and seeing as Crime Craft has one of the cheapest monthly subscriptions I've seen in an non-kiddy mmo, might even toss a month or three of basic service.[/QUOTE]

I donate to causes, institutions and free products that I believe warrant it. It is rare of me to do so.

For example, every year on the same day since I was about 14 I donate money to the NYC Public Library. I use it quite often and the service is excellent. I get latest DVDs, Novels of interest and business information on a weekly basis. Add to that, my children and wives use it all the time. You can even stream movies from their website off of your library card. So they deserve the support and money.

Some developers make a game so good that I feel I have to support them.

IMO, DDO is one of those games. Have I done it, yet? No. I have not had time to play the game in a long time but the world, storyline, game mechanic and xp/drop ratio is excellent...Even better then some Pay 2 Play MMOs.

I'm willing to give it another spin...Just know that I will only devote 30 to 45 mins top to the game...I also like to read so if we do a quest that is new...I will stop to read everything...quite annoying for some...but I am great at strategies and finding non-exploit/cheating ways of taking a long event/mission and finding a quick way to do it. That's kind of my thing in MMORPGs.

Keys Of A GameSpace

Adventure
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Surreal

Like nice surprises? Keys of a Gamespace is one such thing. It's an adventure game that follows a man who is stuck in a bit of a rut. As he looks back through his life to work out where it all went wrong, he's transported through a series of memories, with the ability to help himself out and free himself from his own subconscious.

The game is presented as a bunch of doors, each taking him back to a certain point. He's then able to interact with the scene, take items out of the door, enter another time and help himself out in that scene using items from elsewhere. Once a floor is completed, you'll be able to enter the door to a lower area, and finally get to the bottom of what's really going on.

Really lovely stuff from a small group at University of Metz, France. - IndieGames.com

System Requirements

CPU: 900 Mhz
Memory: 32 Mb
Hard Drive: 75.4 Mb

Download it here - http://www.expressivegame.com/

Screenshots

keys_of_a_gamespace.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in and say "THANK YOU" for all the hard work you put into this thread, Megazell. This isn't just a good thread that CAGs should read, but a good thread that the rest of the entire Internet should read!

[quote name='VidPower']Just wanted to chime in and say "THANK YOU" for all the hard work you put into this thread, Megazell. This isn't just a good thread that CAGs should read, but a good thread that the rest of the entire Internet should read![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoy the thread. Pay it forward.

Megazell's Top Pick
Focus
Megazell's Top Pick

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Focus is a 2D platformer game with a teleporting mechanic called “Focus Mode”. You’ll be fighting your way to freedom through a world consisting of mysterious caves filled with rather unfriendly flying robot enemies. Inside your “Focus Field” everything will move in slow motion so you can easily dodge missiles and other things you don’t want to touch.

Definitely a case of “hard to master”. : )

System Requirements

CPU: 1.0 Ghz
Memory: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 18 Mb

Download it here - http://www.venbrux.com/blog/?p=107#comment-4160

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDBz_uYFl3Y

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Black Shades

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Horror

Black Shades was a game developed by Wolfire Games, and was one of the winners of the UDevGame 2002 contest, out of about 40 contestants. David Rosen aimed for a much simpler graphical style than in GLFighters and Lugaru in order to complete the game within the deadline. The player controls a psychic bodyguard who is tasked with protecting a VIP from a horde of zombies, snipers and other assorted would-be assassins.

It is available on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and Windows. A Linux port was also created by Zacharia Slater. The game was also ported to the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch.

Unique Features
* Infinite randomly generated city
* Rag-doll skeletal animation
* Soul release mode
* Fluid aiming system
* Stop assassins by shooting them, knocking them unconscious, disarming them, tackling the VIP out of the line of fire, or any combination of the above.

Megazell's Comment - Quite possibly the most challenging FPS made.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.4 Ghz
Hard Drive: 3.9 Mb

Download it here - http://www.wolfire.com/black-shades

Gameplay Video

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1081877/free_games_black_shades

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
BZFlag

Simulation/Vehicular Combat
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

The name originates from "Battle Zone capture the Flag". It runs on Irix, Linux, *BSD, Windows, Mac OS X, and many other platforms. It's one of the most popular games ever on Silicon Graphics machines and continues to be developed and improved to this day. It's one of the most popular open source games ever

In a game of BZFlag, players drive around tanks, viewed from a first-person view, in a server-defined world (also known as a "map"), which can be modified. Tanks have the ability to drive through other tanks, but cannot travel through buildings or other world objects. The basic objective is to destroy opponents' tanks, which are tanks of another team's color.

There are styles of game play that modify the objective. Styles are server-based, as the server operator chooses what style to host. If there is no special style indicated by the server owner, the only objective is the above (to simply kill opponent tanks), it is called a "free for all", or "FFA" for short.

There are three other objectives and corresponding styles (four in total): a style called "capture-the-flag" (or "CTF" for short) in which tanks try to pick up an opponent's flag and bring to its own home base (a small area marked with the team's color that simply is the home of a team), a style called "rabbit chase" in which the objective is to have every hunter (colored red and yellow)tank try to destroy a particular white tank, called the "rabbit," and a style called "King of the Hill," in which the tanks attempt to stay in a certain area for 30 seconds without being killed. If they succeed, they're "The King of the Hill."

Servers can change the game mode and have custom maps made to fit the properties of the game. Certain thresholds are used to catch malicious players and kick them off the server, as well as message filters, and an entire collection of other anti-cheating features. There are around 250 servers active at any given time (although only about 10-20% have active players most of the time).

Megazell's Comment - Every server is another world literally.

System Requirements

OS: Windows 98 SE or higher, Mac and Linux version available
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
Video: 16 Mb
Hard Drive: 3.0 Mb

Download it here - http://bzflag.org/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJcn5Bxl7NU

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Naruto: Way Of The Ninja 2

Fighting
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Martial Arts

This is a Naruto Mugen. We're not the best MUGEN programmers and this is our first try but we did out best and hope you enjoy it. This was made for all of the fans of the manga and anime also. You have 35 characters to start out with.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 118 Mb

Download it here - http://www.freegamearchive.com/in.php?action=download&id=6994

Screenshots

j8yuxu.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Fate Axis

Fighting
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes

A 3D Fighting Japanese Game.

Fate Axis is great looking Japanese 3D fightgame with good graphics, effects and sound. The game has 4 different game modes, Story Mode, Normal Mode, VS Mode and A.I Mode but does only have a handful of fighters. The characters do have some good moves and with a bit of practice you can do some superb combo's . There's not loads of buttons to use that does make it easy after working out what the character does. Another fighting game that is a must for a download.

System Requirements

OS: Windows 2000 or higher, Mac and Linux version available
Hard Drive: 182 Mb

Download it here - http://www10.plala.or.jp/T-Riam/FateAxis/index.html

Screenshots

2f092m8.jpg

ic4eg2.jpg

34g8w9h.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2xNe0wVOeo

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Dragon Ball Z - Bid For Power

Fighting/Third Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Bid For Power is a total conversion for Quake III that plays nothing like the original game. Players take control of Ki-powered superheroes and battle it out in a mostly aerial fight. The game is highlighted by the work of a great art team and an original style, and the game play is extremely fast paced. It can be difficult to keep up with until you get the hang of it.

Megazell's Comment - The game no longer has dedicated servers. With that said you can still host and let others connect with you. Just don't expect many players to be online. Many have moved on to HL2 - Bid For Power mod. If you don't have HL2 this game is stand alone and allows you to play in single player mode with bots or online. Just make sure you have a friend to rock this out with you. The game is really well put together and puts a lot of other commercials DBZ games to shame.

System Requirements

CPU: 350 Mhz
Memory: 64 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1.95 Gb

Download it here - http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/77251/bid-for-power-final-4-0-full-english

Screenshots

2nqz9qd.jpg

ofc7kw.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5TQMxUxvXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW_wgC8jwBk

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
No More Plumbers

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

You, the player, is Mario. Average loser, video game fanatic and lady scarecrow. You post on message boards about games you've never played and how amazing your love life is, when suddenly, a new game comes out. Just one of those games that everyone gets. In order to keep your cool, you need it. But ack, you have no money, for you are a loser. In despair you get drunk in the average loser way and at the bar, you meet this smokin' hot chick who offers you a job. Simple; fix the water leak in her house and you'll be rich enough to buy your game. This is No More Plumbers.

Megazell's Comment - Not for young children. Great game though :)

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 47.6 Mb

Download it here - http://mechaware.net/demo/NoMorePlumbers.zip

Screenshots

20u1zkz.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
House Globe

Real Time Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

This is our first competition entry for the “Bootleg Demake” competition at The Independant Gaming Source. It is a demake of the classic Homeworld by Relic. If you haven’t played it, the short story is that Homeworld is a real-time strategy game in space. Your fleet is centered around your Mothership, which constructs units and is the drop-off zone for resources. In the game you are travelling through space in order to find your homeworld, while evil aliens attempt to destroy you (obviously).

When we began making the game we set our hardware target at the PC games of the mid-ninetees, think Dune 2 (i.e. the 320-240 resolution is intentional). We wanted to translate Homeworld’s 3D view to a flat 2D version, while keeping the key features that made Homeworld the game it is. That means your Mothership (called Maternal Vessel in House Globe) is the center piece of your fleet and will construct all units. It also means that we wanted to keep the tactical/strategical toggle that Homeworld has.

Beyond those initial concepts, we felt quite free to design our own game. We put much effort on making the “micro” part interesting (good control/response when moving units), and having a balanced technology tree. In the end we believe we managed to make a really good game in only 10 days or so.

System Requirements

CPU: 350 Mhz
Hard Drive: 38.3 Mb

Download it here - http://www.oxeyegames.com/artifacts-house-globe/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4iGzrZWLTE

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Stranded 2

Adventure/Simulation
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Survival

In Stranded 2, a deadly storm has stranded you alone on a tropical island. Fashion weapons and tools, interact with various plants and animals, and do your best to survive the harsh realities of life on the island. Stranded 2 has two modes - an "Adventure" mode that provides you with pre-made quests to complete, and a "Random Island" mode where you can roam more freely.

System Requirements

Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 13 Mb

Download it here - http://www.stranded.unrealsoftware.de/s2_infos.php

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFE9s-psT40

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Gang Garrison 2

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - No
Multiplayer - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Military

Originally conceived for the TIGSource's Bootleg Demakes Competition, Gang Garrison is a multiplayer platformer demake of Valve's Team Fortress 2 that features all 9 classes, many different TF2-inspired environments, and fast-paced, team-based, multiplayer gameplay.

System Requirements

CPU: 700 Mhz
Hard Drive: 11.8 Mb

Download it here - http://www.ganggarrison.com/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3HQSAHIDM

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
Prototype
Prototype 2

Megazell's Top Pick

Shooter/Horizontal
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Prototype and Prototype 2 is a gorgeous shoot ‘em up that takes its inspiration from Irem’s famous R-Type series of games. The game was created for the SHMUP-DEV 2007 competition, where the theme was “Options.” Like R-Type, Prototype 2’s most interesting mechanic is the Force Pod, which is a detachable “option” that can be used to clear out hard-to-reach spots. In P2, the Force Pod can also be detonated at any time to clear out the screen. The game also features numerous pre-game options, pre-game options - the player can change the flavor of his or her ship, pods, and power-ups.

Megazell's Comment - Excellent Remake. The graphics are fantastic to boot.

System Requirement

CPU: 800 Mhz
Hard Drive: 125 Mb Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
Streets Of Rage Remake
Megazell's Top Pick

Action/Brawler
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Crime

Streets of Rage Remake lets you play as all the characters from all three Genesis Streets of Rage games, through all the levels - and it's tied together in a brand new adventure. The game combines graphics from the original games with new artwork and effects (like reflections and shadows). The music consists of remade versions of the original soundtrack. There are also lots of new features like co-op with an AI partner, unlockable modes, a movie room, and player profiles.

Megazell's Comment - This game combines Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3 into one solid game with a few extra levels and choices that the original game did not have. You also have a few choices in how you render the game (how the game looks). Pixelated, smooth or scan lines - Which refers to the old school styles of how games were viewed. Excellent game for you and a friend to rock out!

Megazell's 2nd Comment - This is one of the best games on this list...if not THE BEST. The ppl that put it together put a lot of love and attention to detail in it. The last version was 100% excellent - no crashes, multiple routes, multiple endings, a shop where you can trade in cash found in the game for characters, skins, cheats, game modes and editing abilities. It was just a godsend. Then SEGA got wind of it and decided to send a message to the makers of this gem to stop hosting the game. So if you want this game you will have to look elsewhere but the day SEGA made that move they lost a fan in me and I will see to it that they never get a penny from me ever.

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 81.5 Mb

Download it here - http://download.techworld.com/3249269/streets-of-rage-remake-50/

Screenshots

2zrqs8z.jpg

t7jv9g.jpg

2yuj8dw.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0Isr3Aynw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJBx2Yg_no

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4Tjv0mYtw

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
SYNSO
SYNSO 2: Squid Harder

Shooter/Arena
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Weird

SYNSO: Squid Yes Not So Octopus - Kill stuff nonstop....don't die. The End :)
SYNSO 2: Squid Harder is a psychedelic arena shoot 'em up with 4 worlds.

System Requirements

CPU: 800 MHz
Hard Drive: 7.86 Mb + 18.4 Mb

Download it here - http://www.bagfullofwrong.co.uk/games/SYNSO.zip
or
Download it here - http://bagfullofwrong.co.uk/bagfullofwords/2009/05/synso2/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFbsWF_xDQ

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Little Fighters 2

Fighting
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes
Netbook Friendly

Little Fighter 2 is a beat 'em up game that can be played by up to 4 players on one keyboard, or up to 8 across a local network. The game features 5 game modes, including a bracketed touranment-style Championship mode, a level-based Stage mode, and Battle Mode, a team-based mode where players control armies of computer players.

System Requirements

CPU: 900 Mhz
Hard Drive: 45.3 Mb

Download it here - http://www.lf2.net/

Screenshots

qq1piq.jpg

Gameplay Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qgNTg64I4k

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Projekt "W"

Turn Based Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Military

Although the game is set in a not-so distant fictional setting, it can be seen as my take on the current world-political situation. Known structures like the United Nations and the European Union broke apart and only five huge nations survived in this setting. Each of the nation has it's own background story and I also designed unique flags and 3D-backgrounds for them, in order to strengthen their identification values. So the setting is totally hostile, the time of peace-negotiations is over and every nations just wants to take over the world.

The game basically plays like risk (the board-game), but there are a lot of additional gameplay elements that give it much more strategic depth. First one is that you need to manage regions, which you can compare to the countries from risk. The globe is divided into several regions (a lot more than risk) and each region has building spots and different factors. Those factors are important and determine e.g. how many resources this region produces and how loyal the population is. In order to balance those factors you need to construct different buildings (the game includes 40 different buildings, some of which need to be unlocked through research first), otherwise it's possible to loose this region.

Army management also plays an important role, as you need divisions to defend your own regions and to take-over enemy regions. For that you can construct different military units (some of them are unlocked through research) and group them into divisions that are assigned to regions, and which can be moved around the map then. You can even hire generals to boost the strength of your divisions.

Research will give you an advantage over your enemies by unlocking new (and stronger) military units, as well as new (more powerful, cheaper to build, better for the environment, etc.) buildings. So doing research, constructing scientific buildings and hiring scientists is always a good idea.

And in addition to the above, you can even hire spies to spy on your enemy regions and divisions. This can give you a significant advantage when needed, and spies can even do some sabotage once infiltrated into an enemy region.

System Requirement

CPU: 1.3 Ghz
Hard Drive: 79.2 Mb

Download it here - http://www.saschawillems.de/download/projektwsetup.exe
Developer's Page - http://www.saschawillems.de/?page_id=114

Screenshots

22o1w.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Toribash

Fighting/Turn Based Strategy
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Martial Arts

Toribash is turn-based fighting game utilizing ragdoll physics, created by Hampus Söderström (a.k.a. "Hampa"), a Swedish software developer. Toribash was a "Best Game Idea" finalist at the 2006 Swedish Game Awards. Some features include character customization (the appearance of heads, joints, and limbs may be changed), online multiplayer, a ghost showing a preview of what the current joint settings will do to the ragdoll, saving and sharing replays, and dismemberment. It is still under development, yet exists in playable form.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.5 Ghz
Memory: 512 Mb
Hard Drive: 51.6 Mb

Download it here - http://www.toribash.com/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjl0Cu9HgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ygafhh1_9Y

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
Iji
Megazell's Top Pick

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Iji is an action-packed platform shooter that features a detailed story, large levels with multiple paths, powerful bosses, and lots of secrets. There are alternate gameplay events, dialogues, and scenes that change depending on your actions. Iji, the protagonist, has superhuman strength and abilities which she can upgrade. She can fight with Nanotechnology, crack systems, and even use her enemies' most devastating weapons against them.

System Requirements

CPU: 1 Ghz
Memory: 200 Mb
Hard Drive: 33.8 Mb

Download it here - http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Screenshots

29y4aq0.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mxD4FjD3w

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
Knytt Stories
Megazell's Top Pick

Action/Platformer/RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Knytt Stories, features Juni, a character who shows up commonly in Knytt myths and stories. In the game, the player acts out these stories (also called levels or worlds) as Juni. The two stories that comes bundled with the game, "Tutorial - Learn How to Play Knytt Stories" and "The Machine - A Save-the-World Adventure," are fairly short, but the game comes with a full level editor and support for many extra levels in game, loaded from .knytt.bin files.

Megazell's Comment - This game is an experience. If you like platform games try this. I won't say much more than that. The designer put a lot of heart in this game.

System Requirements

CPU: 300 Mhz
Hard Drive: 34.7 Mb

Download it here - http://db.tigsource.com/games/knytt-stories/downloads/148

Screenshots

287dmb9.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
I was wondering if you were going to mention Little Fighters 2. There's a spiritual successor out for it now, though it's very much still in development.

[quote name='The Crotch']I was wondering if you were going to mention Little Fighters 2. There's a spiritual successor out for it now, though it's very much still in development.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a good game. Well the good news is that I took advantage of some extra time that came my way and cut out a mess of games from my DB that are no longer available to DL and/or were no longer compatible with XP and higher.

Now I just have keep track of all of the game I currently have listed and those that I am learning about with each day in a streamlined fashion. So I put all game into a general genre like platformers, side scroller beat'em up, top down shooters, SHUMPS and action/adventures into the action genre. Which makes it much easier to record and post.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Toribash, Iji and LF2 all in one page. That's some good eating.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed.

Gravity Bone

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Theme: Espionage

Gravity Bone is a 3d first-person espionage game that takes place in the seedy world of Nuevo Aires.

Megazell's Comment - Short game but very very very well made.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.2 Ghz
Hard Drive: 24.0 Mb

Download it here - http://www.blendogames.com/index.htm

Screenshots

29fpe9w.jpg

sy18cx.jpg

21dikbc.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Thread Update.

I've noticed that a lot of links for some of the more indie games are dead. Especially, the ones that were hosted by indie devs. So I am going to go through the list and back them up with Megaupload links.​

[quote name='Megazell']
Thread Update.

I've noticed that a lot of links for some of the more indie games are dead. Especially, the ones that were hosted by indie devs. So I am going to go through the list and back them up with Megaupload links.​
[/QUOTE]

Sooner or later this thread is going to become THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE on all things "free gaming" related online, especially with attached megaupload links. A word on Gravity Bone: I always thought that this was supposed to be an episodic thing, this being the first game in the series. I guess I'll have to read up more on it.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Sooner or later this thread is going to become THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE on all things "free gaming" related online, especially with attached megaupload links. A word on Gravity Bone: I always thought that this was supposed to be an episodic thing, this being the first game in the series. I guess I'll have to read up more on it.[/QUOTE]

One can hope! lol

Well, these are my findings. After a friend reported a dead link for one game...I double checked it and it was indeed down and other links found online for it all came with toolbars and other nonsense that I hate.

Looks like it got popular and other site jumped on it and started loading it.

So here is the process I am going through to backup all games:

1. Backing up all single player titles.
  2. Backing up multiplayer titles that are not MMORPGs.
  3. Not backing up MMORPGs - If the site is down chances are the game is no
  4. longer alive.
  5. Placing 'strike-out lines' on the list for games that are no longer alive...an example would be 'Dungeon Runners.'
Like I stated before, this thread survives on user input so if you see a dead link report, think a game sucks or is awesome - post it, know of a free game that I have not covered - post it...know Salma Hayek's personal number - PM me.

Action Games - '10800 Zombies' to 'Neva' updated with back up links

More to come.

Last edited:
'Cave Story' to 'Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghost of Christmas Past' updated with back up links.

More to come.

Not posting nothing new stuff til the old stuff is in top shape.

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
DC vs Capcom vs Marvel
Megazell's Top Pick

Fighting
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes

Theme: Superheroes

Fan made fighting games with your favorite characters from DC Comics, Capcom and Marvel Comics. This is the high res version which allows those with superior computers to take full advantage of all of their features.

Megazell's Comment - The 2nd link requires you to download 5 .zip files and then combine them. You do that by selecting the first file marked "nameofgame-01.zip" and right clicking it then unzipping it to it's own folder. All of the 5 files should be in the same location when doing this. The game will combine and you will be ready to play once it's done.

People do this splitting of files because free file uploading services have limits on how big a file can be to upload.

System Requirements

Hard drive: 928 MB

Download it here - http://amit.dabydeen.com/mugen.html

Screenshots

142yo09.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HntgvAZu2sQ

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
RunMan: Race Around The World
Megazell's Top Pick

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

A totally awesome platform game by TOM SENNETT and MATT THORSON.

Features:

* Run through 35+ levels across 6 unique and preposterous zones!
* Complete ridiculous feats of speed to earn shiny medals!
* Unlock 4 lovable secret characters and probably some other stuff!
* Colorful, bright, crude, colorful graphics!
* Classic tunes courtesy of masters like Robert Johnson, Louis Armstrong, Blind Blake, and more!

Megazell's Comment - This game is just pure greatness. The art style, music and overall game is fun and challenging. Point of the game is to run as fast as you can through out each level. Starts out easy but as you gain new ability you get tougher and harder courses. Also you have boss battles where it's you running as fast as you can away from while traversing the difficult courses and puzzles all while going top speed. This is what the latest Sonic game should be. This game was so good. I donated.

System Requirements

CPU: 750 Mhz
Hard Drive: 23.2 Mb

Download it here - http://whatareyouwait.info/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOBFv0doiFw

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Didn't know if Jelly Car was posted? It's pretty cool and I've just started playing lately and its alot of fun surprisingly. It's like one of those physics driving games but the cars seems to be made out of jello its interesting.
JellyCar_1.jpg

JellyCar_3.jpg

You can get it here : http://games.softpedia.com/downloadTag/jelly+car

If it has been posted already sorry I didn't see it lol.

[quote name='ramprider0']Didn't know if Jelly Car was posted? It's pretty cool and I've just started playing lately and its alot of fun surprisingly. It's like one of those physics driving games but the cars seems to be made out of jello its interesting.
JellyCar_1.jpg

JellyCar_3.jpg

You can get it here : http://games.softpedia.com/downloadTag/jelly+car

If it has been posted already sorry I didn't see it lol.[/QUOTE]

The front page of the thread has all games listed by genre and in ABC order. This game was not posted but I will take a look at it and give it a whirl when I can.

bread's done
Back