Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Mine has shipped as well! And it looks like it's being shipped 3-Day Select. I'm relieved.... I hope everyone who preordered is getting their copy now.[/QUOTE]

I checked mine its says canceled. I'm calling them, I think the CSR I talked to early was fucking retarded. Maybe if I bitch enough they will ship me one.

I'm gonna head off to pick up my MGS3: Subsistence LE right now, but I'm not getting a MGS Saga DVD because Gamestop felt like handing it out to every walk-in who purchased a copy of Subsistence and didn't bother to keep any for the 40 people who pre-ordered it.

How do I know?

My friend went earlier today and simply bought a copy of Subsistence and got a MGS Saga DVD with it.

AND Gamestop had the NERVE to tell me over the phone that they didn't receive any copies of the MGS Saga DVD in the first place.

fuck GAMESTOP and their STUPID fuckING employees. I have no idea how I'll get a copy of MGS Saga now.

It says mine shipped also. I'm more relieved than anything. :\

Though, what are the odds that they actually sent the MGSaga disc also? They both have the same tracking number, just like Shadow Hearts 3 and SH1. And look how that shit turned out. I guess the only way I'll know for sure is when mine comes in Friday/Saturday. Mine will probably come through Indianapolis, which is only a few hours from me.

[quote name='KiySeph']I'm gonna head off to pick up my MGS3: Subsistence LE right now, but I'm not getting a MGS Saga DVD because Gamestop felt like handing it out to every walk-in who purchased a copy of Subsistence and didn't bother to keep any for the 40 people who pre-ordered it.

How do I know?

My friend went earlier today and simply bought a copy of Subsistence and got a MGS Saga DVD with it.

AND Gamestop had the NERVE to tell me over the phone that they didn't receive any copies of the MGS Saga DVD in the first place.

fuck GAMESTOP and their STUPID fuckING employees. I have no idea how I'll get a copy of MGS Saga now.[/QUOTE]

torrent

Well just getting of the phone with GS. They say that it should of not been cancelled in the first place. They reinstated my order and will ship it as soon as possible. They said they marked it high priority. :roll: She then said since its high priority that my copy should ship the next time they get a shipment. :roll: Thats real high priority :bomb:

[quote name='OGHowie']torrent[/quote]

Damn straight. I'm gonna download that DVD tonight!

Even though I still would like something tangible to add on my shelf with my MGS collection.

[quote name='Graystone']Well just getting of the phone with GS. They say that it should of not been cancelled in the first place. They reinstated my order and will ship it as soon as possible. They said they marked it high priority. :roll: She then said since its high priority that my copy should ship the next time they get a shipment. :roll: Thats real high priority :bomb:[/QUOTE]Wow, so was it the CSR you were talking about earlier that cancelled your order? It seems like people who haven't had theirs shipped are just backordered, and you somehow got cancelled. Did they mention this time if they for sure are getting another shipment?

So is it just the people who ordered in the middle who haven't had theirs shipped yet? As mentioned before, mine was ordered 2/3.

Hah, mine finally shipped out, the Saga DVD and the game. I can't say I'm terribly pleased with Gamestop after this, but all's well that ends well. I feel bad for you guys that are still waiting though. I doubt I'll be preordering at GS ever again...

It seems that your orders are slowly being fulfilled...I talked to a CSR and he said that they will get another shipment on the 23rd, but being a limited edition there were no garuntee's that it would actually be the LE versions. It still BS that they totally screwed the people out on the early preorders...I guess this will be the last time I order anything online at GS.com.

just checked and my order is being shipped from Texas. not sure if anyone cares but just in case someone did I thought I'd say.

oh yeah, and I have to wait until the 20th to get it.

[quote name='chrishicks']just checked and my order is being shipped from Texas. not sure if anyone cares but just in case someone did I thought I'd say.[/QUOTE]Ditto. Maybe the warehouse theory was correct.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Wow, so was it the CSR you were talking about earlier that cancelled your order? It seems like people who haven't had theirs shipped are just backordered, and you somehow got cancelled. Did they mention this time if they for sure are getting another shipment?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was the CSR from earlier that cancelled it.
They said that on the 23rd they are getting another shipment they might be LE's they might not be, they might be LE's with the saga dvd, they might not be. My mom is going to be out tomorrow by a EB. I asked her to check if they have a LE. If so she's going to pick it up for me. Then when and if I get an LE from GS. I will just sell it to someone here for price + shipping.

[quote name='Alien Spider']It says mine shipped also. I'm more relieved than anything. :\

Though, what are the odds that they actually sent the MGSaga disc also? They both have the same tracking number, just like Shadow Hearts 3 and SH1. And look how that shit turned out. I guess the only way I'll know for sure is when mine comes in Friday/Saturday. Mine will probably come through Indianapolis, which is only a few hours from me.[/QUOTE]

Correction, it's coming from Ft. Worth, TX. WTF? I guess this supposed distribution center in Indy didn't have it?

You know what? fuck it. Gamestop doings have defied any sort of logic for the past three days, when I get, I get it. Which looks like Monday now. :\

[quote name='BIG5']I also pre-ordered 2/2, and my Saga disc shipped today, but the LE is still listed as backordered.[/quote]

This company is really pissing me off.. I have a tracking number now for the LE so I guess thats on its way, but now my Saga DVD which I assume is "premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD" is now back to "Usually ships in 24 hours" after it was just on "Processing". The ONLY reason I preordered from these idiots was because of the Saga DVD and now I'm just waiting to hear some bs over the phone tomorrow saying they sent me LE and thats all I'm getting.

Anyone who preordered on 2/2 get full shipment on both items??

[quote name='lunkhead']This company is really pissing me off.. I have a tracking number now for the LE so I guess thats on its way, but now my Saga DVD which I assume is "premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD" is now back to "Usually ships in 24 hours" after it was just on "Processing". The ONLY reason I preordered from these idiots was because of the Saga DVD and now I'm just waiting to hear some bs over the phone tomorrow saying they sent me LE and thats all I'm getting.

[/quote]
Theoretically me, either tomorrow or Friday. Already have the Saga disc, and the game disc should be here tomorrow, as it showed up at my UPS sorting hub this afternoon.

[quote name='lunkhead']

[/quote]

Both of mine shipped out today and I ordered on 2/2...That is so incrediblely lame if you don't get both and I do.

[quote name='lunkhead']This company is really pissing me off.. I have a tracking number now for the LE so I guess thats on its way, but now my Saga DVD which I assume is "premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD" is now back to "Usually ships in 24 hours" after it was just on "Processing". The ONLY reason I preordered from these idiots was because of the Saga DVD and now I'm just waiting to hear some bs over the phone tomorrow saying they sent me LE and thats all I'm getting.

[/QUOTE]

I ordered on 2/2, both are listed as "Shipped" now with tracking numbers. A total of 1.2 lbs in weight if that helps.

[quote name='norkusa']Yup, same here. I downloaded the Saga dvd torrent though just in case I don't receive it.[/quote]
I don't have high speed internet or a dvd burner so thats of little use in my case. Anyways I shouldn't have to resort to that nor should anyone else who preordered well before others who got their discs already for later orders. I mean the whole point of preordering the LE version of the game for me was for its collectibility (not to mention I haven't played it yet). This whole deal is souring the experience for me already :cry:

[quote name='Graystone']Pray the didn't use bubble wrap or other packing material.[/QUOTE]

Well the LE wouldn't be damaged too badly by bubble wrap since the box is completely filled by the 2 DVD cases inside.

[quote name='lunkhead']
[/QUOTE]

I ordered on 2/1 and it's still on backorder. It's a joke that Gamestop is filling orders that were placed days (if not weeks) after mine while I sit and wait. I am glad that others are having their orders filled but this whole process is completely upside down.

Being that I'll be getting the game several days from now (at best) and at worst having the order cancelled I'll say right now that this will be the last order or purchase I ever make from their website or stores.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Ditto. Maybe the warehouse theory was correct.[/quote]

Yes! It's good to be right! LOL :bouncy:

Although I called this morning and was told my LE would ship on the 23rd, I was pleased it shipped today (from TX).

[quote name='Graystone']Yes it was the CSR from earlier that cancelled it.
They said that on the 23rd they are getting another shipment they might be LE's they might not be, they might be LE's with the saga dvd, they might not be.[/quote]

Man, what did you say to the CSR to get it canceled? In your earlier post, it wasn't clear, but it sounded like you intentionally canceled all your GS orders.

It sounds me that the conservation with the CSR wasn't the most pleasent of ones, and she canceled your order out of spite. You might get better results being more pleasent on the phone, you have to remember the CSRs really don't have direct control how GS fulfills its orders.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Man, what did you say to the CSR to get it canceled? In your earlier post, it wasn't clear, but it sounded like you intentionally canceled all your GS orders.

It sounds me that the conservation with the CSR wasn't the most pleasent of ones, and she canceled your order out of spite. You might get better results being more pleasent on the phone, you have to remember the CSRs really don't have direct control how GS fulfills its orders.[/QUOTE]

I was not rude, you assumed that (not being an asshole, just saying) I hardly ever raise my voice. I have found with People on the phone you can get further being nice and firm then screaming your head off.

This is the convo from the first time I called.
ME in a normal tone: Hi, I was wondering when my order would ship.
CSR: Lets see we will have to cancel this order.
ME firm tone: Why does it have to be canceled
CSR: We are not getting anymore from the Manufacture.
ME in a depressed tone: Ok thanks
bye
have a nice day.

I never raised my voice I just thought that it was really LE and I was SOL. So I was pissed off cause people here who ordered on 2/19 got theirs but me who orders on 2/8 doesn't. SO I was not going to do business with them and cancelled my other pre-orders. Then about 8pm est, people said that there copies were shipping. So I figured I would call and see if I could get my copy.

My second call was like this
ME always normal tone: Hi I was checking my order and earlier this morning it was backordered. Now its for some reason cancelled.
CSR: your order Says customer requested cancel.
ME: I would not do that I have been waiting on this game for a long time. I'm the only one with access to my account, credit card, and internet. (yea it was a lie sorta but big deal)
CSR: ok let me call customer service for you.
*on hold for 10 mins*
CSR: ok I have reinstated your order. We are getting another shipment on the 23rd you might or might not get a sega dvd. The next shipment may be LE's they may not. If by the 25th your order is not shipping. Then we didn't get anymore LE's in.
ME: ok, is their a way for you to check another warehouse, and see if I can get a copy soon.
CSR: No I can't, However I will put your order in high priority so it will ship ASAP. ok?
ME: ok thanks for all the help
CSR: no problem have a nice day
ME: bye

[quote name='Graystone']I was not rude, you assumed that (not being an asshole, just saying) I hardly ever raise my voice. I have found with People on the phone you can get further being nice and firm then screaming your head off.
[/quote]

Cool... It sounded like, with all your venting on this thread, you took it out on the CSR and she retaliated. I'm glad to see you are a safe and sane person :) .

I don't know what to say, I called GS last afternoon and the CSR I talked to said my order may ship later that day or will ship next week on the 23rd. I was told they didn't get enough to fill their preorders, and they definately would get more next week. Fortunately for me, it turned out mine did ship out that day. Evidently LEs shipped on the 14th came from Indiana and the ones shipped today came from Texas. There is still conflicting information if there will be a subseqeunt shipment of LEs coming.

I hope you got that name of that CSR that canceled your order. If you don't get your LE, make sure you complain. I would suggest mailing a letter to GameStop's CEO. You will probably be appropriately compensated for your trouble.

I emailed them and they game me some BS on how they're checking the warehouses for me. I'm gonna call them when I get home today.

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago. It was shipped in a cardboard box without any box filler (airpack, peanuts, paper pack, etc.), and a label-print packing list.

Survived the trip OK, so anyone who's having it ship it, I'm guessing it should arrive in a similar way. I did value shipping, so I guess for this pre-order, they're using 3-day select UPS.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine just arrived a few minutes ago. It was shipped in a cardboard box without any box filler (airpack, peanuts, paper pack, etc.), and a label-print packing list.

Survived the trip OK, so anyone who's having it ship it, I'm guessing it should arrive in a similar way. I did value shipping, so I guess for this pre-order, they're using 3-day select UPS.[/QUOTE]

shrike - what was the weight of your package according to the UPS website? Mine is only listed at 1.2 lbs and I'm worried that it won't include the Saga DVD.

[quote name='BigHow']shrike - what was the weight of your package according to the UPS website? Mine is only listed at 1.2 lbs and I'm worried that it won't include the Saga DVD.[/QUOTE]

The Saga DVD is extremely light.

[quote name='BigHow']shrike - what was the weight of your package according to the UPS website? Mine is only listed at 1.2 lbs and I'm worried that it won't include the Saga DVD.[/quote]
The outside of the box shows 1 lbs. It was shipped without the Saga DVD, as mine was shipped first. Weight on the website is 1.00 lbs.

[quote name='Roufuss']The Saga DVD is extremely light.[/quote]
He's right. .1-.2 ounces should be the Saga DVD in there.

[quote name='shrike4242']The outside of the box shows 1 lbs. It was shipped without the Saga DVD, as mine was shipped first. Weight on the website is 1.00 lbs.

He's right. .1-.2 ounces should be the Saga DVD in there.[/quote]

Strange.. my item shows 1.1 lbs, but only the LE is shown as shipping on the order status page. I just called them and the CSR said that the pre order bonus item (aka the Saga DVD) should ship within "a week or so" as they had a delay in recieving that item.

I won't know if my package has the Saga DVD for sure until the 20th though even though the weight seems to be higher than the LE alone.

For people that recieved both the Saga disc and the LE together, did you recieve them in the same package yet still see only the LE as shipping out on your order page and the other "premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD" as still "usually ships in 24 hours"?

I got one!!!! When my mom was out earlier today she stopped at a local EB and they had a "shitload" of the LE edidtions.
I only got one, because I only want one to play. Like I said before I don't care about selling it on ebay. I still have my order with Gamestop. I will keep that order so I can get the Saga DVD. Then I will sell the extra copy on here for cost+shipping or on ebay.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Cool... It sounded like, with all your venting on this thread, you took it out on the CSR and she retaliated. I'm glad to see you are a safe and sane person :)I hope you got that name of that CSR that canceled your order. If you don't get your LE, make sure you complain. I would suggest mailing a letter to GameStop's CEO. You will probably be appropriately compensated for your trouble.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get her name, to me she sounded like a younger girl about 20 or so. She was not real enthusiastic when she took my call. It was almost like talking to a robot. I'm not one to put up a big fight. I just do the worst thing I can do to a company when they screw me, I quit shopping there.

[quote name='lunkhead']Strange.. my item shows 1.1 lbs, but only the LE is shown as shipping on the order status page. I just called them and the CSR said that the pre order bonus item (aka the Saga DVD) should ship within "a week or so" as they had a delay in recieving that item.

I won't know if my package has the Saga DVD for sure until the 20th though even though the weight seems to be higher than the LE alone.

For people that recieved both the Saga disc and the LE together, did you recieve them in the same package yet still see only the LE as shipping out on your order page and the other "premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD" as still "usually ships in 24 hours"?[/quote]
In theory, if you look at your account and both items shipped together, they should show the same UPS Tracking #, if shipped UPS.

I do remember that the box for the Saga DVD was very very light, so the discrepancy might be in that. Either way, I'm thinking that if they shipped together and they get a tracking #, they should both show it on the status page.

[quote name='Graystone']I got one!!!! When my mom was out earlier today she stopped at a local EB and they had a "shitload" of the LE edidtions.
I only got one, because I only want one to play. Like I said before I don't care about selling it on ebay. I still have my order with Gamestop. I will keep that order so I can get the Saga DVD. Then I will sell the extra copy on here for cost+shipping or on ebay.
[/quote]

Glad to see you got an LE! I guess we know where all of EB's B&M extra LEs ended up ;) !

It seemed like a very improbable senario happened, you actually sabotaged yourself by checking on your order status. I thought when I checked on my order, it subconciously communicated to GS I really wanted this item.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Glad to see you got an LE! I guess we know where all of EB's B&M extra LEs ended up ;) !
[/QUOTE]

You know what's REALLY strange, is that a friend found a store today that had at least 7 - 8 LE's, and it was way in the middle of nowhere in a podunk town nobody cares about.

Yet the Gamestop here that is in a heavily populated, traffic'ed area, got in two.

I decided to stop by EB while I was getting something to eat and to my surprise they had about 6 LE on the shelves. I asked if I could purchase one and the employee said yes. He asked if I pre-ordered it or not (which I hadn't). I don't know if the others were reserved for pre-orders or not.

The EB mentioned is the one in Rock Hill, SC on Dave Lyle Blvd. (the location in the Manchester Theatre/Books A Million parking lot; NOT the one in the Galleria Mall).

So I finally have a LE (but no Saga disc). I think I'm going to cancel the GS.com order since it's now rather pointless. However, I could always keep it for the Saga disc and then either sell or trade the LE from that order.

I just had a quick question for anyone that knows anything about UPS: my package is currently in Oakland, about 20 minutes away from where I live, but it's not scheduled for delivery until Monday. It's possible that I'll be up in Oakland tomorrow for work, is there any chance I can stop by the airport or where ever they have my package and pick it up early? I'd rather not miss out on Online this weekend...The only problem I see is I think it has one more stop, the Union City distribution center, before it goes on a truck to my house...anyone got any ideas?

[quote name='Chowder']I just had a quick question for anyone that knows anything about UPS: my package is currently in Oakland, about 20 minutes away from where I live, but it's not scheduled for delivery until Monday. It's possible that I'll be up in Oakland tomorrow for work, is there any chance I can stop by the airport or where ever they have my package and pick it up early? I'd rather not miss out on Online this weekend...The only problem I see is I think it has one more stop, the Union City distribution center, before it goes on a truck to my house...anyone got any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I believe if you call them, you can schedule a pickup.

[quote name='BIG5']Yes! My LE shipped today Thank you Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that Gamestop is slowly shipping these orders out...still praying for mine to come...

bread's done
Back