Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

[quote name='62t']wow I was right in saying that this could be the rarest game in the history of gaming.[/quote]

Maybe in the current generation of gaming, but not the history of gaming. Neo Geo titles top it easily.

shortly after release, Spikeout value quicky double on ebay. That was before a second shippment was known.

Well I just picked up my copy from gamestop. The sales guy was telling his coworker that some stores only got 1-2 copies of the LE even if there were more that preordered but his store got 6 or 7.

[quote name='Chacrana']I sped like a motherfucker to Gamecrazy today and I successfully obtained the Limited Edition. Hell fucking yes. It's a box that's the same size as what Shin Megami Tensei: DDS Deluxe had and it looks badass. I haven't even opened it yet... can't fucking wait to start this though.

I didn't get the Saga DVD though... my Gamecrazy didn't get it in yet or something... does djkunai or anyone know if Gamecrazy's even getting the Saga disc, or do I have to obtain it somewhere else?[/quote]

Seconded! The GC I hit only received two, and one was an employee pre-order.
Sadly, I also was unable to attain the Saga disk, so if anyone out there has an extra...

I didn't snag mine until 4:00 p.m., so if you're still looking, hit up a GC.

People who ordered in store should try to pick it up as soon as possible. I am not sure there will be enough LE for everyone, and they seem to be giving the copies first come first instead of who preordered first.

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: already going for $100 + on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Already starting to go for $150... if it hits the $200 range I think I'm going to have to seriously think about selling it.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']People who ordered in store should try to pick it up as soon as possible. I am not sure there will be enough LE for everyone, and they seem to be giving the copies first come first instead of who preordered first.[/quote]

no, i asked them if i could get the LE at GS and they said only preordered copies would be sold to the people who preordered...i was just testing them..then i showed them my preorder and got it :)

[quote name='62t']most games with limited print are not sold out before it is release. Even a game with a first shipment of 5000, like spikeout, can be found in day one. a game might have smaller print, but they are still easy to find.[/QUOTE]

True, but the only reason MGS3 LE is sold out before it's release is because it's a popular title and there was a ton of hype around it. Just because it's hard your hands on a copy right now doesn't necessarily make it ultra rare.

Don't get me wrong, I have no reason to doubt that MGS3 LE will go for big bucks on Ebay in the future but calling it the rarest release in the history of video games is a ridiculous statement.

[quote name='Roufuss']Already starting to go for $150... if it hits the $200 range I think I'm going to have to seriously think about selling it.[/QUOTE]

the fact that the game hasn't even been out for a day and it's already selling for quadruple the retail value is ridiculous. As in, I was expecting $60 for a few days and then $80 a couple days later... but this is beyond belief.

[quote name='Chacrana']the fact that the game hasn't even been out for a day and it's already selling for quadruple the retail value is ridiculous. As in, I was expecting $60 for a few days and then $80 a couple days later... but this is beyond belief.[/QUOTE]

And it looks like it will keep going up... the first few auctions went for $100, now its hitting $150, and the auctions are selling almost as soon as they go on Ebay.

Not gonna lie, I wish I had bought 2 LE's so I could scalp one to somebody stupid enough to pay 5 times the price the game should cost.

OK my order is now showing:

Unshipped Items:

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Title Platform Qty. Status Price
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD
1 [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Processing[/FONT] $0.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition
1 [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Processing[/FONT] $39.99
Should I be filled with hope that I'll actually recieve the LE and Saga disc now?

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: already going for $100 + on ebay.[/QUOTE]

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...olid+3+subsistence+limited+edition&category0=

All I can say is holy fucking shit! I haven't opened my copy yet but I don't even know if I can seeing it going for this much money...

There's about a dozen completed Buy it Nows for anywhere between $129.99 and $149.99. I can't believe this. What do I do? I'm a huge MGS3 fanboy but I'm also a $fanboy...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...olid+3+subsistence+limited+edition&category0=

All I can say is holy fucking shit! I haven't opened my copy yet but I don't even know if I can seeing it going for this much money...

There's about a dozen Buy it Nows for anywhere between $129.99 and $149.99. I can't believe this. What do I do? I'm a huge MGS3 fanboy but I'm also a $fanboy...[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they are selling within the hour... that price is going to keep going up I think.

Today is also 10 cent listing day, which means they are making a huge profit.

Wholly nuts! That's insane - I'm going to have to sell my copy if it stays around $150.

This LE release makes it feel like a real Japanese LE release where they are absolutely out of stock after the first day of the item being offered. COOL!!!

Makes me feel special. =)

[quote name='Roufuss']
Today is also 10 cent listing day, which means they are making a huge profit.[/QUOTE]

Not really. 10cents to list, but eBay and PayPal still take comission and it normally costs me like 35cents to list anyways.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Wholly nuts! That's insane - I'm going to have to sell my copy if it stays around $150.

This LE release makes it feel like a real Japanese LE release where they are absolutely out of stock after the first day of the item being offered. COOL!!!

Makes me feel special. =)[/QUOTE]

Actually, yeah, it's like that. And I absolutely love that concept -- finally we get what the Japanese get as preorder bonuses. I remember the Skies of Arcadia and MGS 1 LE sets that came out over there and the ridiculous amount of awesomeness that came with them.

Here, the best we usually do is a pin or a small, cheaply made piece of crap that you get as a preorder bonus.

Viva la revolucion!

[quote name='OGHowie']Not really. 10cents to list, but eBay and PayPal still take comission and it normally costs me like 35cents to list anyways.[/QUOTE]

If it's only costing you 35 cents to list a $150 Buy It Now, please let me know your secret?

[quote name='Chacrana']Viva la revolucion![/QUOTE]

I think we can confidently crown this game with the title of "Game with the Greatest Amount of Launch Drama Ever" and probably even "Game with the Greatest Number of Similar Threads."

To be honest, I don't think our hearts can take this kind of drama all the time. :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']If it's only costing you 35 cents to list a $150 Buy It Now, please let me know your secret?[/QUOTE]

You're right, my bad. I was thinking of regular auctions not fixed price ones.

[quote name='Roufuss']Not only that, but they are selling within the hour... that price is going to keep going up I think.

Today is also 10 cent listing day, which means they are making a huge profit.[/QUOTE]

Especially with it seeming like Konami will not be reprinting the LE, it can pretty much only go up in price.

I wish I wasn't a MGS fanboy otherwise I'd love to make a $110 profit in one day.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Has anyone had luck finding a copy in another B&M store? (BB, CC, TRU)[/QUOTE]

BB and CC aren't receiving it until tommorrow, but Best Buy has nothing in their computers for it when I checked yesterday.

I don't want to sell my copy. All I want is my LE edition to play it and own it. I don't want to sell it and make money on it. I just want to fucking play it. However, mine has to be fucking backordered. fuck gamestop. I will I mean this never shop at GS again. I preorder my copy two months ago. I don't get mine but some asshole can go pick up one on the day or release and sell the shit on ebay for $150. Thats fair thanks gaming gods :roll:

Just called my local Eb games they have the LE in stock but no saga dvd. Which I don't care about anymore.

[quote name='swetooth9']no, i asked them if i could get the LE at GS and they said only preordered copies would be sold to the people who preordered...i was just testing them..then i showed them my preorder and got it :)[/QUOTE]

oops, what I meant was that there might not be enough LE copies for everyone who preordered, and GS might not care if you were the first person to preorder the game as long as you show proof that you have it preordered.

[quote name='62t']wow I was right in saying that this could be the rarest game in the history of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Is this Tony Schiavone???

I wondered what became of you after the WWE bought WCW.

(hopes someone gets my joke)

[quote name='lunkhead']OK my order is now showing:

Unshipped Items:

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Title Platform Qty. Status Price
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
premium, metal gear solid 3: sb DVD
1 [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Processing[/FONT] $0.00
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition
1 [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Processing[/FONT] $39.99
Should I be filled with hope that I'll actually recieve the LE and Saga disc now?[/QUOTE]

Miy order says that also. I don't know what to make of it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I got burned by Gamestop twice so far in almost as many days. No Shadow Hearts, shipping MGS3 LE to later preorders and screwing us who got in on it early, nothing can redeem them in my eyes.

I mean, sending me what they're suppose to send me? Since when does that become something to be excited about? Since Gamestop turned shitacular, I guess. :\

I hate fucking gamestop. I called and talked to a CSR my order will be canceled cause they are getting no more from the manufacturer. Yet I pre-ordered on 2/8.
So I have learned that if you want a game pre-ordered it about two weeks before it comes out.

fuck gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop

I feel better somewhat now. I'm going to go strap on my gloves and hit my heavy bag for awhile now.

[quote name='Graystone']I hate fucking gamestop. I called and talked to a CSR my order will be canceled cause they are getting no more from the manufacturer. Yet I pre-ordered on 2/8.[/QUOTE]No freaking way. I refuse to believe that. That CSR has to be either extremely incompetent or full of shit. *goes back to little corner of denial*

[quote name='Ecofreak']Has anyone had luck finding a copy in another B&M store? (BB, CC, TRU)[/quote]

I hit a BB and a TRU today. BB had the standard, TRU had nothing.
I'd say if you don't have it by now, you're going to need a LOT of luck to find one.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']No freaking way. I refuse to believe that. That CSR has to be either extremely incompetent or full of shit. *goes back to little corner of denial*[/QUOTE]

No lie my friend, I told her about CAG and told her that people on here preorder on 2/19 and after and they got theirs. I told her I wanted to talk to a supervisor, I was on hold for 25 mins so I hung up.

Wow, people on Ebay sure are idiots... people keep listing the game at $100 when it will sell for $150.

Seems like the price might eventually fall again.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'd buy that and scalp it, but I'm not gonna be an ass -- someone else get it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing the same, but changed my mind.

The fact that it's still up is pretty amazing.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was thinking of doing the same, but changed my mind.

The fact that it's still up is pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah really. I just hope that somebody who actually wants the game is going to get it.

Plus, you run the risk that the bubble on these might pop before you receive the game.

Sure, you could list a new auction as soon as you win, but you have no guarantee that the guy will deliver or provide the game in good condition. Not worth the risk in my book.

And now it's gone. If someone from CAG got it, please post in the thread. I'm hoping I helped out someone in the CAG family.

[quote name='BigHow']Plus, you run the risk that the bubble on these might pop before you receive the game.

Sure, you could list a new auction as soon as you win, but you have no guarantee that the guy will deliver or provide the game in good condition. Not worth the risk in my book.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. When it comes to buying games, I am a complete pessimist. I always convince myself that something will go wrong... of course, I'm overjoyed when nothing goes wrong.

5:06 PST and still processing. I wonder if they are simply changing the status to make people stop calling and bitching them out...

[quote name='Chowder']5:06 PST and still processing. I wonder if they are simply changing the status to make people stop calling and bitching them out...[/QUOTE]

QFT Mine says backordered. The eb games by my house has 3 copies of the LE I only want one. However, I have no way of getting out. Its about 8 miles away.

YES!!! Mine shipped! (ordered 2/2) I don't think I've ever been this enthralled about a game release in quite some time and I don't even know when I'll have time to play it...

Mine has shipped as well! And it looks like it's being shipped 3-Day Select. I'm relieved.... I hope everyone who preordered is getting their copy now.

bread's done
Back