Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

Returning to voice Solid Snake in an original script by Hideo Kojima and Shuyo Murata, David Hayter will be joined by returning voice actors Quinton Flynn, Paul Eiding and Christopher Randolph who will continue their work as the voices of Raiden, Roy Campbell and Hal ³Otacon² Emmerich, respectively. In addition to his well known voice work in the Metal Gear Solid series, Hayter is an accomplished Hollywood script writer, having penned the original screenplays for box office hits such as X-Men, X2: X-Men United, and the upcoming Black Monday. Kris Zimmerman will also return to the Metal Gear Solid series to direct the voice acting sessions for the game.

"I couldn't be more excited about this game. What I've seen of Metal Gear Solid 4 has absolutely blown me away. To bring the focus of the story back to Solid Snake, and to work with Kris Zimmerman and many of the amazing actors that provided iconic voices for the previous games, is like coming home," said David Hayter. "I'm so proud and grateful to have been involved with Mr. Kojima as the voice of Snake, for nearly a decade, on this legendary video game series. This game is going to plunge players into the ultimate Metal Gear experience. And personally, I can't wait to play it."

David Hayter will be a special guest on The Kojima Productions Report podcast on March 29 to discuss his involvement with the Metal Gear Solid series and his approach to portraying a very different Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4. The podcast is available for download at the official Kojima Productions web site (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/english/) and via the iTunes music store.

Not much in the way of news, but it's good news regardless.

I have a lot of respect for Hayter. I heard from another user that he gave up half his contract price of working on Twin Snakes so that they could bring in the original cast. Not sure how true that is.

mgs4ug6.png

MGS4 Coming to 360.

Dude, David Hayter also penned what is supposedly the best Watchmen script yet. Not gonna be used though.

So it's true? This game will be on the X360? There's a thread at dvdtalk as well (i was a regular there, but not anymore, please welcome me here, thanks!)

This place is simply amazing, well organized for starters!

Maybe mr. kojima will be kind enough to throw in Snatcher as an unlockable.

So it's true? This game will be on the X360? There's a thread at dvdtalk as well (i was a regular there, but not anymore, please welcome me here, thanks!)

This place is simply amazing, well organized for starters!

Yep, this June on XBLA only. you'll need the $180 HDD to store the whole thing. that's the catch. ;)

Interesting note today from digg/gamestop.

[quote name='""']
Dear Customer,
You have signed up to receive release date changes for:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=T000316
Old Release Date - 9/1/2007
New Release Date - 3/1/2008
Thank you for visiting EBgames.com!
NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. EBGames.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible.
[/quote]
http://www.deeko.com/news/?p=1321
6 months is a long delay if true.

There was never really an 'old release date'. The trailer just said 2007, but nothing was confirmed. I assumed it was going to be November 07, if anything, seeing as how most MGS cames come out in November. Anyway, that sounds likely, but the weird thing is, Gamestop also seems to think FFXIII will come out in 07:
http://www.gameswank.com/portal/?p=545

Which sounds highly unlikely.

[quote name='dpatel']There was never really an 'old release date'. The trailer just said 2007, but nothing was confirmed. I assumed it was going to be November 07, if anything, seeing as how most MGS cames come out in November. Anyway, that sounds likely, but the weird thing is, Gamestop also seems to think FFXIII will come out in 07:
http://www.gameswank.com/portal/?p=545

Which sounds highly unlikely.[/quote]

True, but why would they (Gamestop) one day randomly decide to bump MGS4 back 6 months without reason? They know it's one of the biggest releases of the year.

I'm not saying they're wrong. I really have no idea, I'm just speculating. I just think its unlikely that both will happen, which makes me question where they are getting their info from. It's possible FFXIII will make it this year, and MGS4 won't, but I find both happening both hard to believe.

Personally, I think MGS4 will be out in 2008 (spring or summer), but I have hard time believing FFXIII will be out this year.

But, like I said, this is just speculation on my part. I could be wrong, or they could be wrong.

My experience, in the past, is that retailers really don't know much than the average gamer when it comes to news like release dates, MSRPs, etc.

[quote name='dpatel']My experience, in the past, is that retailers really don't know much than the average gamer when it comes to news like release dates, MSRPs, etc.[/quote]

I tend to agree with this. I'm still waiting to hear from Konami before I pass judgement.

However, if this is true. Ouch.

It would suck if it was delayed to 2008, but with a game of this caliber, I would prefer to have it done right, rather than done to meet a certain date. This is the end to probably one of the greatest gaming series of our time. I say, take all the time you need, as long as you make the series go out with a bang.

[quote name='dpatel']It would suck if it was delayed to 2008, but with a game of this caliber, I would prefer to have it done right, rather than done to meet a certain date. This is the end to probably one of the greatest gaming series of our time. I say, take all the time you need, as long as you make the series go out with a bang.[/quote]

Yea, i'd rather it be delayed.

Konami will not make short cuts wth Metal Gear... at least not for the main game... but they could leave out an extra feature to meet deadline. and we can just download it later.

Bumping for the new trailer, which should be up on PSN tomorrow, which was capped off by Kojima's appearance at the show. It looks amazing, better than it has ever looked before in the previous trailers.
Holy fuck at Vamp (if I'm not mistaken) vs. Raiden!

Some exciting news: the delay was unfortunately confirmed, but it'll be released simultaneously across the world in early 2008.

For now, Kojima will be demoing the game at next week's MGS event in Tokyo, I believe on the 17th.

Konami sent out this for the press:

Quote:
This is certainly one of the strangest E3 appointment reminders we've received. Konami's media briefing begins at 5:45PM PST, and Konami has sent a cryptic poem, hinting at a major, unexpected announcement:

What better way
to end your day
at Konami's media briefing collecting ...
News for a major announcement
you were not expecting.

[quote name='dallow']Konami sent out this for the press:

Quote:
This is certainly one of the strangest E3 appointment reminders we've received. Konami's media briefing begins at 5:45PM PST, and Konami has sent a cryptic poem, hinting at a major, unexpected announcement:

What better way
to end your day
you were not expecting.[/QUOTE]
Cool.

Wonder what it is.

Quote:

What better way
to end your day
you were not expecting.[/QUOTE]
Zone of the Enders 3
Snatcher 2
MGS4 on 360

One of those.

I need a HD download of the new trailer.

[quote name='zewone']Zone of the Enders 3
Snatcher 2
MGS4 on 360

One of those.

I need a HD download of the new trailer.[/quote]
The third option has probably been nixed:

Set for a simultaneous worldwide launch in early 2008 exclusively on PS3, a new trailer for Metal Gear Solid(R) 4: Guns of the Patriots also was
unveiled during the press conference.

I remember Ryan Payton talking about last TGS, when Kojima took an informal poll about what the attendees wanted him to work on next, with options like Snatcher 2, ZOE 3, Document of MGS4, and a few others, no questions asked. The winner was the Document of MGS4, which was surprising to say the least.

Kojima is a fucking god. Damn that trailer was epic, and I love Meryl's new look, she looks more mature. Her previous look made her seem like she was 15.

Not sure if you guys already heard this, but MGS4 is PS3 exclusive.

if you have, then just sit and mull on that. then go buy a PS3 :)

[quote name='zewone']So says fatty Jack.

We all know he is an idiot tool though.

I didn't hear Kojima-san mention it.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, because Kojima is Jack's Bitch now.

[quote name='snakelda']Well,then wait for the konami conference.Maybe, he'll say it there too.[/QUOTE]

Well, they do have a big announcement coming. I would hate for it to be MGS4 for the 360. I don't care if it goes to the 360 or not, but wouldn't exactly be 'big' for me and other PS3 owners, as it doesn't change a thing. I'm crossing my fingers for a ZOE3 announcement, but these things are never as big as they are made out to be.

[quote name='zewone']So says fatty Jack.

We all know he is an idiot tool though.

I didn't hear Kojima-san mention it.[/QUOTE]

Jack threatened to eat kojima if he ported it.

or maybe they're hiring a Kojima-less team to port it from the PS3.

anyway, the trailer looks great in HD. It's definitely the in-game engine-- plenty of filler textures, missing frames of animation and stuff. No doubt this is going to be ridiculous from start to finish.

naw actually the ideals for console exclusivity match right along with Kojima's philosphy. The only ones who've wanted to make it multiplatform have been the Execs like what the Konami guy spewed before. Problem is Kojima is so big he can make mr Konami exec his bitch.

[quote name='seanr1221']Even if it was ported...wouldn't it be really sloppy since this is made from the ground up for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

the Xbox port for MGS2 was performed worse and didn't sell very well either.

[quote name='Thomas96']even if its a time exclusive... which I doubt, it'll probably be years away.. by the time it hits the 360 ... lol (excuse me) it'll be in the 19.99 bin for ps3 owners.. hey if you can wait that long.. most xbox systems will be dead by then.[/QUOTE]

that article's been circulating the blogs and everyone was skewing it as the game not being exclusive to the ps3 much to Xbox 360 fanboy's joyful delights. but once again, Kojima probably owns the Konami execs nuts.

[quote name='Thomas96']even if its a time exclusive... which I doubt, it'll probably be years away.. by the time it hits the 360 ... lol (excuse me) it'll be in the 19.99 bin for ps3 owners.. hey if you can wait that long.. most xbox systems will be dead by then.[/QUOTE]

:roll: can we keep the pointless insults out?

Quote:

What better way
to end your day
you were not expecting.[/quote]
It was Silent Hill 5.

bread's done
Back