Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

34957-chest%20copy.jpg

[quote name='Thomas96']even if its a time exclusive... which I doubt, it'll probably be years away.. by the time it hits the 360 ... lol (excuse me) it'll be in the 19.99 bin for ps3 owners.. hey if you can wait that long.. most xbox systems will be dead by then.[/QUOTE]
lawlz

Why don't you cut back on the ellipsis use, tard.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
34957-chest%20copy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

an animated gif with the Wii Scale on Raiden's chest is in order. I wish I had the skills...Rolento?

The trailer looks completely badass, but could someone explain to me that fight at the end? It seemed to not follow from the first part of the trailer. (I've never played an MGS game.)

[quote name='torifile'](I've never played an MGS game.)[/QUOTE]

Most of what was shown had alot to do with the older games. I really have to say you need to play alot of the original to probably understand half of what's going on in MGS4.

[quote name='torifile']The trailer looks completely badass, but could someone explain to me that fight at the end? It seemed to not follow from the first part of the trailer. (I've never played an MGS game.)[/QUOTE]
The fight is with characters from MGS2.

You really really need to play at least MGS1 and MGS2 to get anything storywise from MGS4, because MGS4 is being used to tie up all the ends story-wise.

[quote name='snakelda']OMG,I just d/l it in HD and it looks amazing!This makes me want to buy a PS3 tommorow!!![/quote]

Yea, at some points it looks like snake is a clay sculpture...

Its crazy. So smooth.

Damn, I never had a PS2 so I missed out on MGS2 and 3.

I should pick both of them up for about 20.00 together used just to catch up on the story.

[quote name='seanr1221']Damn, I never had a PS2 so I missed out on MGS2 and 3.

I should pick both of them up for about 20.00 together used just to catch up on the story.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you should.

MGS3 has an amazing story.

and MGS2 is pretty much required to understand what the hell is going on in MGS4.

[quote name='seanr1221']Damn, I never had a PS2 so I missed out on MGS2 and 3.

I should pick both of them up for about 20.00 together used just to catch up on the story.[/quote]Um, hell yes you need to pick those up and play them.

[quote name='whoknows']The fight is with characters from MGS2.

You really really need to play at least MGS1 and MGS2 to get anything storywise from MGS4, because MGS4 is being used to tie up all the ends story-wise.[/quote]Well I guess this means I'm never picking this up. Never got into the Metal Gear Solid games but the graphics do looks amazing :drool:

Hmmm lemme finish up Ninja Gaiden first. I'll need something to play before Lair comes out anyway.

Will I be missing out on much playing the original MGS3 and not the subsistence version?

[quote name='seanr1221']Hmmm lemme finish up Ninja Gaiden first. I'll need something to play before Lair comes out anyway.

Will I be missing out on much playing the original MGS3 and not the subsistence version?[/QUOTE]
Storywise, no.

Basically, the main thing it has is a better camera instead of the usual overhead MGS camera.

Random comment... did Meryl's line sound weird to anybody else?

"If you won't be a prisoner to fate, then go. Fulfill your destiny."

That sounds kinda contradictory to me, but maybe it's just my weak-sauce vocabulary?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Random comment... did Meryl's line sound weird to anybody else?

That sounds kinda contradictory to me, but maybe it's just my weak-sauce vocabulary?[/QUOTE]
I think it was Naomi, and it is kinda contradictory now that I think about it :p

I'm playing MGS3 right now (just started) but I guess I'll at least familiarize myself with the others before getting MGS4. Luckily I've got some time before it hits.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Random comment... did Meryl's line sound weird to anybody else?

That sounds kinda contradictory to me, but maybe it's just my weak-sauce vocabulary?[/QUOTE]
Isn't it his fate to die?

It does sound kind of contradictory, but if you look at it a certain way it might work. Like lets say his fate is to die. Rather than giving into his fate right then, he decides to fulfill his destiny to *insert something here*.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Wouldn't that also his destiny?[/QUOTE]
Well Fate is more or less fatality so being a prisoner, he would lay down and give up. Going after his destiny he is fighting for what he wants. Destiny is more participation.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It does sound kind of contradictory, but if you look at it a certain way it might work. Like lets say his fate is to die. Rather than giving into his fate right then, he decides to fulfill his destiny to *insert something here*.[/quote]
Maybe his fate is to die, but his destiny was to
kill Liquid, who's obviously still alive.

Kojima played the a demo of the game for the first time today in front of an audience.
No video yet.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1035118&postcount=74

In this demo Snake infiltrates into a battle field, then becomes a bronze statue or hides in a drum. After rolling in a drum Snake gets dizzy but he cheers up after finding girl pics. The small robot, Metal Gear Mk II, also appeared in the demo. The details of the online service are going to be unveiled at the Metal Gear 20th anniversary party on July 24th.

And here's what everyone's been waiting for. Hideo Kojima demonstrated the gameplay segment of Metal Gear Solid 4 on actual PS3 hardware for the first time. Kojima showed Snake using his camo suit to disguise himself as a bronze statue, hide in barrels and trash cans. He also showed Snake knocking down enemies rolling the barrel while he is still inside it. After feeling some discomfort, Snake "revives" as he is given a female idol magazine. The producer also revealed that an online multiplayer mode will be in the game and more details will be announced at the 20th Anniversary Party next week.

1. Can pretend to be dead by using Octocam
2. Can crawl forward like a looper by getting the hip up and down
3. Can take away enemy's weapons
4. Can roll around sideways while lying down
5. Can use an electric stun knife to stun an enemy
6. Can hide from an enemy under a drum like a cardboard box. A drum is more tough and secure.
7. Too much rolling in a drum makes Snake vomit
8. Not to make him vomit, you can let him browse a magazine with sexy pics (with more pages than before). Pages can be flipped and you can use it against enemies too.
9. The viewpoint can be switched to over-shoulder.
10. The FPS viewpoint is also available. A crosshairs is controllable by SIXAXIS
11. Hiding in a trash can for a too long time adds bad smell to Snake and enemies can sense it
12. You can turn off Octocam by shaking SIXAXIS
13. Snake uses SIXAXIS when he controls Metal Gear MKII
14. Metal Gear MKII is in the stealth mode and it's hard for enemies to spot it
15. Can throw a tornado bomb while lying face up.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/18/103,1184686760,75356,0,0.html

[quote name='mwynn']1. Can pretend to be dead by using Octocam
2. Can crawl forward like a looper by getting the hip up and down
3. Can take away enemy's weapons
4. Can roll around sideways while lying down
5. Can use an electric stun knife to stun an enemy
6. Can hide from an enemy under a drum like a cardboard box. A drum is more tough and secure.
7. Too much rolling in a drum makes Snake vomit
8. Not to make him vomit, you can let him browse a magazine with sexy pics (with more pages than before). Pages can be flipped and you can use it against enemies too.
9. The viewpoint can be switched to over-shoulder.
10. The FPS viewpoint is also available. A crosshairs is controllable by SIXAXIS
11. Hiding in a trash can for a too long time adds bad smell to Snake and enemies can sense it
12. You can turn off Octocam by shaking SIXAXIS
13. Snake uses SIXAXIS when he controls Metal Gear MKII
14. Metal Gear MKII is in the stealth mode and it's hard for enemies to spot it
15. Can throw a tornado bomb while lying face up.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/18/103,1184686760,75356,0,0.html[/QUOTE]

16. Can make your pants wet with a simple list of details

GameSpot has a nice article that gives more context what the new details. Also, they've confirmed that MGO will be returning, but it seems like it could be a separate title.

Also, if you haven't seen, there's a new expansion on MPO coming to the PSP that'll have new characters (like say Old Snake and Raiden from MGS4), MGO stages (ones returning from Subsistence, and new modes.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Looper = what?[/quote]
Essentially just a caterpillar, or you could just say that he's doing the worm like an old guy.
any of the usually rather small hairless caterpillars that are mostly larvae of moths (families Geometridae and Noctuidae) and move with a looping motion in which the hind prolegs draw the posterior body toward the front followed by forward extension by the anterior legs -- called also inchworm

This one thing alone is all kinds of awesome. It makes no sense, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Hide, sneak, kill are just the main ones... see, if you hide in trash too long, you gonna be smelly, so hiding won't work in some cases (if you're short on ammos and tons of thugs are around). The details i was referring to, not the overall game play. If it's the overall game play, then it's a matter of pressing buttons.

[quote name='Vanigan']Ugh, they really could have put that opposeable foot thumb in a better spot so it doesn't look like high heels.[/QUOTE]
How else can he make his legs and ass look that good?

[quote name='Vanigan']Ugh, they really could have put that opposeable foot thumb in a better spot so it doesn't look like high heels.[/QUOTE]

they will never totally un-gay Raiden.

i actually have the entire MGS figures made by McFarlane (Spawn)... and yes, the Raiden figure got high heels (not as bad as the pic from the above link)... it never occured to me that Raiden got nice ass and legs (thanks a lot Otaku).

Anyhow, now that you mention it, Raiden is pretty gay... Perhaps skinny ninjas are like that?

Raiden doesn't seem very gay in MGS4.

Though he was fighting a gay vampire at the end of the trailer...hope that action doesn't go the wrong way.

bread's done
Back