Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

Amazon took down the boxart they had before, and now have this generic image up.

41H4NrBPTlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Maybe that wasn't the final boxart before or they are going to try something else?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wouldn't that just be collecting PSN names of those in the beta? We could just do that here and I can add it to the OP for reference.[/quote]

I was reading the little Beta Card and I thought it was saying that MGO was gonna have it's own servers and you can have your own independent name and info. It doesn't have to be the same as the PSN info. Can somebody check on this? I don't have my card in front of me.

[quote name='darthbudge']I was reading the little Beta Card and I thought it was saying that MGO was gonna have it's own servers and you can have your own independent name and info. It doesn't have to be the same as the PSN info. Can somebody check on this? I don't have my card in front of me.[/quote]

I sure hope not. I don't wanna see XxSolidSnakexX, Solidsnake02142 and such like the first go around.

Anyways, you'll see me on that beta. This might be my most anticipated game of the year after MGS4 and maybe Resistance 2.

[quote name='primetime']I sure hope not. I don't wanna see XxSolidSnakexX, Solidsnake02142 and such like the first go around.[/quote]

People could just make make those their PSN names too you know.

[quote name='NamPaehc']People could just make make those their PSN names too you know.[/quote]

Yeah, I already thought about that.I was just hoping it'd be less likely to see that if the game used your PSN tag.

[quote name='darthbudge']I was reading the little Beta Card and I thought it was saying that MGO was gonna have it's own servers and you can have your own independent name and info. It doesn't have to be the same as the PSN info. Can somebody check on this? I don't have my card in front of me.[/quote]
It doesn't mention anything that specific, just that it doesn't use PSN for online play, which is vague in what that entails.

Yeah, there were, maybe still are, plans for a full MGO release. KP's working on expansions for the starter pack, which will get new maps, modes, and such, for sometime after it's out.

You've got to be kidding me with that box art. It looks like one of Amazon's interns got bored and fired up Photoshop. $60 for a standalone MPO is also pushing it. This seems like a rumor that's gone out of control.

[quote name='dallow']It's only the logo that looks out of place.
I haven't seen the art before but maybe it's old.[/quote]

The logo was the main thing bugging me. I mean, tiny and shoved all the way up at the top... and grey?? :whee:

Tons of new info on all the products on the PSBlog.

Gun Metal bundle CONFIRMED for the US!

Fifth, the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Limited Edition PLAYSTATION 3 Hardware Bundle …

Sorry, no box reveal this time (we have to keep some surprises
icon_smile.gif
)! We are confirming that there will be a North America offering of this VERY, VERY Limited Edition bundle! This is the “gunmetal grey” PS3 – the one seen selling out in a matter of moments in Japan at the KonamiStyle web store. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!

[quote name='dallow']Very very limited.

This makes me want a 2nd PS3.
sigh[/quote]

This will almost cause me to buy one. :drool: I love the color. Ill sell i tto the woman as a blu-ray player for the bedroom.:hot:

Nice, I was hoping for the limited color. Not terribly crazy with the fingerprint gloss black. I think I'll have to check to see what's up with the LE bundle. My preorder was probably for the regular bundle.

April 10, 2008 - Tons of Metal Gear information flooded the official PlayStation Blog not too long ago and revealed some very interesting packaging details for Kojima's upcoming hit. Brandon Laurino from Konami Online noted that not only will the standard version of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots be available in a bundle, but the limited edition will be bundled as well. However, the limited edition of the game will be packaged with a very, very limited "gunmetal grey" PS3. You can find the image below.

It looks like gamers not yet in possession of a PS3 have another enticing option available when Metal Gear Solid 4 hits store shelves.
865857p1.html

Via IGN

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Nice, but it doesn't match my other stuff.[/quote]
As long as they do not do the same thing M$ did with the Halo console... not sell any controllers in the same color hahaha

[quote name='Dingleberry']For those too lazy to click teh link... Here is the picture:

new-playstation-3-color-option-20080410023859179.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am wondering if the console is going to be the 40gig or 80gig version. If it's the 40, then no buy.

I will probably end up pre-ordering the LE edition from Gamestop to get the MGS: Sagas2 DVD now, and artbook at launch, along with the nicer cover art. Then depending on which PS3 bundle is best, I will get that and resell the MGS4 standard edition that comes with the console.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's always been an 80GB PS3.[/QUOTE]

No.

Two different bundles.

The one that was previously announced for the US is a regular 80GB.

The Steel PS3 announced today for the US hasn't been confirmed as either, but the Steel PS3 is a 40GB in Japan.

It could be either, we won't know until they tell us more details.

[quote name='smiggity']So the LE console is an 80gb?[/QUOTE]
Nothing officially announced yet.

I'm gonna fucking cry if I don't get that gunmetal PS3. I'm actually so terrified of hoarders and eBayers that I will camp out in order to get it if it is indeed just that limited. Camping out is something I've never done for any console ever so that's how badly I want it.

bread's done
Back